Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode (1134 Views)

Dino Melaye To Senate: "I Changed My Name & I Am Ready To Tender The Affidavit" / Femi Fani-Kayode Calls Hameed Ali "Ugly Little Monkey" (Snapshot) / Femi Fani-Kayode Praises His 3 Wives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by Sirniyeh(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
I changed my surname in 1992 after my SSCE. I could recalled that my father almost gun me down when he later discovered the change I made. When I was to get married, he stood ground to disown me. Due to what I know him capable of doing, I changed the wedding date that we had fixed and also changed the venue to another city. When people asked the reason for my decision: "The surname is not my biological father's name. The name originated from the generation I don't know. Simple! " I now use my two names and my children use my name as surname.

Different people with different reasons of changing their surnames. Have you changed yours?

Here is the reason FANI KAYODE Changed HIS!

A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, who was acquitted and discharged of corruption charges
Wednesday has announced a permanent change of surname to celebrate his victory in court.

In a moving press statement released after the court gave judgment, Mr. Fani-Kayode said he was dropping the surname he has borne all his life for
another – Olukayode – in appreciation to God, who he said proved to the world he was innocent of the charges slammed on him.

“As a mark of honor and respect for the Lord and as an everlasting testimony of my love for and dedication to him, I wish to make it known to the Nigerian public that as from today my name will
be changed,” the former minister said.

“It will no longer be David Oluwafemi Fani-Kayode but instead, it shall be David Oluwafemi Olukayode.
Olukayode means “the Lord has brought me joy” and today he has done precisely that.

“As from this day, in honour of him and as a small tribute to my love for and total dependance on Him, that shall remain my family name. Once again, I give thanks to God for all that has happened to me and for this great deliverance. To him be all the glory.”

Read Mr. Fani-Kayode full statement below. It’s really moving and interesting.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/185910-fani-kayode-changes-name-to-celebrate-court-victory.html
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by joganut(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
i am not surprised... this is man is suffering from identity disorder....

Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
I think he should also be thinking of changing his Political party.
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
FFK should just change his brain n start thinking
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by joganut(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
misssclassy:

ur signature is epic.... thumbs up....
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
joganut:

ur signature is epic.... thumbs up....

Hmm. . .oh. . . thanks.
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by Shortyy(f): 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
misssclassy:
changing it to what? the confused APC?
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by Sirniyeh(m): 4:26am On Jul 09, 2015
Shortyy:
changing it to what? the confused APC?
Keep shut Macheonu Gbenu re soun Yakulafia
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by softvio(m): 6:29am On Jul 09, 2015
Watchn
Re: Reasons Why I Changed My Surname: Femi Fani-kayode by flofields(f): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2015
Changing surname at your age doesn't constitute continunity or reliability of personality

(1) (Reply)

A Shocking Female Opinion On Ràpe / 14 Achievements Of Dr Goodluck Ebere Jonathan-streetnews / We Are Homeless, Lagos HOMS Winners Lament!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.