Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele (35778 Views)

'$1Billion Was Stolen Every Month Under Goodluck Jonathan' - Emir Sanusi / Foreign Reserve Hits $26.9bn, As Value Of Open Contracts Rises / Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by nsyforreal: 6:45am On Jul 09, 2015
steffans:
hmmm...
CBN Govenor are u sure??
Hope you are not giving false figures to retain ur Position

You are right on point.Its obvious he lied.What made our foreign reserves to increase.

Everything in Nigeria is now politics.I still read recently that it reduced by 600m usd,so how come it increased by 2.1billion dollars.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by janvier27(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Foreign reserves increasing and naira falling. Ok. Time will tell who is not saying the right thing or doing the right thing.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by omoboy08(m): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by mojeer678: 7:07am On Jul 09, 2015
steffans:
hmmm...
CBN Govenor are u sure??

The same clueless person who wants us to dispose off the nation's oil assets to the IOCs?

This guy needs to be sacked immediately.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Demdem(m): 7:20am On Jul 09, 2015
Where are those fools who are yet to believe that indeed change has come to us in this country?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by hush15: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2015
philips70:

I have said it, even if baba go slow falls into coma for the next 4 years he will still be miles ahead of GEJ and the gang. Brace up for good times.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/foreign-reserve-has-risen-by-2-89b-in-one-month-under-buhari-emefiele/

true but I can also see the CBN trying not to be disengaged. Trying to please Buhari at all cost, even if it is wash and talk down the previous administration he is part of and also gave him the job. That was his job in the first place to ensure that leakages are blocked. When he observed irregularities, why can't he go the sanusi way and blow whistle and Nigerians will know for sure that something is wrong out rightly with two people making the same comments. Now power has changed hands and he can talk about past administration favoring cronies. Hypocrite try in so had to protect his job.

He would soon see that whether he back stabs or not, he will still be changed cos favoring cronies is just bout to kick off with the APC...
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by ideylaff: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2015
jide333:
so this news makes buhari a liar and all the apc die hard followers are happy? Not knowing its exposing the lies of their so call man of saint ? the last time the dullard said there was nothing inside the FRA and now there was $29b? God is watching...

LOL.The Federation Account is not the same as Foreign reserves.... which is always in Dollars and a few Singarorean Dollars to shore up the currency internationaly.

Its for defence of the macro and not to be used for recurrent expenditure.....

Yar Adua left over 60 Billion dollars and OBJ left $45 Billion dollars... but the Harvard lady who used to be smart before liostend to Jonathan and they started to spend it till we had $29 Billion Dollars left... GEJ really meddled with this account badly....in a very unprofessional way

thats why i just dont have respect for these technocrats, who know the right thing but chose to do the other thing..why NOI>> why

This is not money you touch until a rainy day to defend your currency

For the Umpteenth time, people... ds is different to the empty treasury Buhari is saying is empty.

People need to educate themselves mehn damn...... Nigerians
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by trillville(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2015
jide333:
so this news makes buhari a liar and all the apc die hard followers are happy? Not knowing its exposing the lies of their so call man of saint ? the last time the dullard said there was nothing inside the FRA and now there was $29b? God is watching...

If only you realise how stupid you sound?

The minimum Nigeria keeps as foreign reserve is enough to cover imports for 6 months. Any level lower than this signifies that we have liquidity issues. 29 billion dollars barely covers 6 months.

Let me give you an illustration.

Your rent is 500,000 Naira annually and what you have is 490,000 Naira. Are you not broke? How are you going to feed yourself (in nigeria's case, pay salaries). Is the situation making sense to you now?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by RickyTan: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2015
LAFOCUZY:
Nigeria produces an average of 2.4 million bbl of oil a day. Multiply that by an average of $64 ( since bonny and qua ibo light sell at marginally higher value than brent or west taxas intermediate). Multiply that number by 39 days. That gives you an indicative value of revenue from oil subject to different petroleum agreement JV, PSC, Ps etc.

Other revenues from customs, gas, solid mineral etc. Besides no major capital expenditure in the past month. Things are pretty quiet. CBN regulation is in the mix. Its easy to grow reserve naturally especially when you are not making any major capital investment by an guise

Give credit to where credit is due please.

Baba is highly disciplined and that is why there is hope and our reserves growing again. Jonathan spent way too much - buying old locomotives from China? I have nothing against Jonathan the man, but he just was a poor money manager.

China has 4 trillion reserves. So they are a CREDITOR nation with NO DEBT. Yet Naija is here a DEBTOR nation ( thanks to President Jona) accumulating interest.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by ayindejimmy(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2015
thinkdip:
no project executed, no programs ongoing, no cabinet, no promise fulfilment have started and you expect something else?.. he hasn't had any reason to spend any money except for the bail out. when he start fulfilling his promises, forming cabinet and executing project, you'll know the money will surely be reduced because he'll have things to spend on.... so pls don't try and be political here, it's just normal for it to increase because he's still at a point,No movement

Since you admit he did generated some progress while being static as you alleged,... So in your Dictionary, having no movement generates motion or even progress?
We all know the Reserve only decreased under gej, so why was it not Natural for it to increase then?
You people will never repent until Christ come
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by sunshine1974(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2015
Nice comment, well articulated
thinkdip:
no project executed, no programs ongoing, no cabinet, no promise fulfilment have started and you expect something else?.. he hasn't had any reason to spend any money except for the bail out. when he start fulfilling his promises, forming cabinet and executing project, you'll know the money will surely be reduced because he'll have things to spend on.... so pls don't try and be political here, it's just normal for it to increase because he's still at a point,No movement
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by meshack15: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2015
That is exactly what I think he is doing,The present CBN gov.has never made any significant achievement since he got in there,the only thing he has done in my opinion is the reversal of the ATM charges that was earlier scraped by Lamido Sanusi,I just can't stop to miss the past two CBN gov. that were there before him in terms of their achievements.I think this man has nothing to offer in that position.
steffans:
hmmm...
CBN Govenor are u sure??
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Nellybii: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2015
thinkdip:

You and those that liked your post have just confirmed your educational level as semi-illiterate. You obviously don't know the meaning of foreign reserve. Why don't you at least Google before you comment. Mumus. I blame Nigerian educational system for these embarrassment.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by kingslly(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2015
First PMB said he met a virtually empty treasury,then the GEJ camp said they left $2bn before leaving office and naw our reserve naw has an extra $2.9bn...i think the liar is now obvious to me.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by billyG(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2015
philips70:

I have said it, even if baba go slow falls into coma for the next 4 years he will still be miles ahead of GEJ and the gang. Brace up for good times.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/foreign-reserve-has-risen-by-2-89b-in-one-month-under-buhari-emefiele/
Thunder Fire any bloody fuuul!who said PMB is not working,his one day policy statement is more than pdp 16yrs waste.
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by amaben2020(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2015
and 230 naira is one dollar, rubbish
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by amaben2020(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2015
billyG:

Thunder Fire any bloody fuuul!who said PMB is not working,his one day policy statement is more than pdp 16yrs waste.
you are a fool, criticism is allowed
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by IGBOSON1: 10:32am On Jul 09, 2015
ohenhen1:
The CBN governor is doing a great job.

^^^........Currying favour like a shameless goat!
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by shogz89: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2015
kingslly:
First PMB said he met a virtually empty treasury,then the GEJ camp said they left $2bn before leaving office and naw our reserve naw has an extra $2.9bn...i think the liar is now obvious to me.
goggle the meaning of treasury and foreign reserve before you comment
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by ayusco85(m): 10:46am On Jul 09, 2015
freedom96:
bros he's combination of the two oh grin

Wicket grin
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Caliente(m): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2015
If reserves rose because manufacturers can't buy inputs they need, then it's a Pyrrhic victory. These moves will cause GDP growth to slow further, manufacturers risk going out of business (or at least being hit hard), gap between official and parallel FX rates will widen as folks desperately try and source FX to keep businesses running, inflation will increase since we are still import dependent, ...
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnny1980:

I have always known you to be a dolt. You just confirmed it. Brent crude dropped over $5 to $53 dollars in just one week and see the fo.ol here telling us oil price rose in OPEC . when did OPEC start having their own special price for oil apart from what the international market states?
Where are you getting that sh!t from? Possibly you are talking about gas. As at today the oil rose by $2 to $59 a barrel. You liar! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Demdem:
Where are those fools who are yet to believe that indeed change has come to us in this country?
You are a fool! You can't point to any change, you i d i o t! Not even your dusty and dirty roads are being swept here you are applauding a certifigate recipient who doesn't know what to lead means. That dullard aka 'Baba Go Slow' needs to resign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by kingslly(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
Its not necessary.
shogz89:
goggle the meaning of treasury and foreign reserve before you comment
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
wordychap:
Good news
2 billion dollars in one month !
If this continues, 1 naira might just b equal to 1 dollar in 4yrs time kiss
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Your economics is non-existent...can you just shut-up?
You primitive human being! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
[s]
all4naija:
You are a fool! You can't point to any change, you i d i o t! Not even your dusty and dirty roads are being swept here you are applauding a certifigate recipient who doesn't know what to lead means. That dullard aka 'Baba Go Slow' needs to resign.
[/s]

I sense frustration in ur post. Surely it will torment u till at least 2019. Sucks to be u fool. grin
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]

I sense frustration in ur post. Surely it will torment u till at least 2019. Sucks to be u fool. grin
With no argument he is a dullard indeed. There are many things to prove that. (a) He called the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel - the president Michel of West Germany. (b) He said INEC is Independent Nigeria Electoral Commission instead of Independent National Electoral Commission. (c) He didn't make his complete grades in his secondary certificate. (d) He is a cattle herdsman. (e) He made some many propaganda which aren't real like making =N=1 equals $ 1 when voted into power.

I cannot condescend low to such a barbarian in his dullard nature. Here you are praising such person to rule over you. Aren't we supposed to vote intelligent people into power so that they can solve our problems we can not solve by ourselves? A lot of sh!ts happen in Nigeria. It is really a hellhole as they say.

Shame on all of you who voted this Boko Haram sympathizer into power! You are all i d i o ts!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by debaj10: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
Why can't I find a single Nigerian newspaper that corroborates this news?

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=Foreign+Reserve+Risen+%242.89b%E2%80%93+Emefiele&oq=Foreign+Reserve+Risen+%242.89b%E2%80%93+Emefiele&gs_l=serp.3...1113383.1122801.0.1123497.3.3.0.0.0.0.2549.3161.5-1j9-1.2.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..3.0.0.pMZ8QUoVMag
Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Demdem(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2015
[s]
all4naija:

With no argument he is a dullard indeed. There are many things to prove that. (a) He called the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel - the president Michel of West Germany. (b) He said INEC is Independent Nigeria Electoral Commission instead of Independent National Electoral Commission. (c) He didn't make his complete grades in his secondary certificate. (d) He is a cattle herdsman. (e) He made some many propaganda which aren't real like making =N=1 equals $ 1 when voted into power.

I cannot condescend low to such a barbarian in his dullard nature. Here you are praising such person to rule over you. Aren't we supposed to vote intelligent people into power so that they can solve our problems we can not solve by ourselves? A lot of sh!ts happen in Nigeria. It is really a hellhole as they say.

Shame on all of you who voted this Boko Haram sympathizer into power! You are all i d i o ts!
[/s]

Demdem:
[s][/s]

Re: Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele by Badguytinz(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Like Fela Kuti said - (army arrangement lyrics)

Nigeria gettin money
foreign money from oversea
announcement start to happen
newspaper carry dem paper
radio dey shout for studio

Seven billion Naira missing
missing from oversea
foreign currency scandal
dey start to arrest everybodyo
e no finish, e no finish, e no finish
doctors, lawyers, auxilliars
Ingeniors, photographers
all of dem kirikiri
10 to 15 years of jail
after one year inside jail
civilian government take over
Dem releasy all of dem
Dem say dem be innocentio
e no finish, e no finish, e no finish
Two point eight billion Naira
Oil money is still missing
Dey set up inquiry
Dey say money no lost eo
Dey dabaru everybody

End of lyrics***

As for me I just they observe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Declares PDP Winner Of ALL Elections In Zamfara / Re: Akeredolu, Ondo Governor's Convoy Crushes Man / Muhammadu Buhari Recognized By New Jersey In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.