Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,062 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events (41002 Views)

Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / Wike Mocks 5 APC Governors And Amaechi At Campaign / Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
charge sch fees for d rubbish, that is how u saTANist destroy our educational system

Prof Prof gringringringringrin
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by free13: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by debaj10: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Jesusloveyou::

charge sch fees for d rubbish, that is how u saTANist destroy our educational system

Is the above quote coming from a Christian?
Are those you're calling "saTANists" deserving of such a horrific title?
It seems we've all lost our sense of self in this country- despite our narcissism.

ALL THESE YEARS, from OBJ to Buhari- how many people have been indicted by opposition party governors for corruption?
If the executive is seen to be exceeding it's boundaries and has a majority in the state or federal legislator, how many opposition parties have objected against and provided proof of corruption? What were the individual opposition parties doing before and after their merger into the APC?
How many did Fashola, Oshiomole, Fayemi, Amaechi, et al jail for corruption in their respective states?
After 16 years of the continuity of the ACN-AD-APC in Lagos state, why are Lagosians still drowning in floods and suffering the harrowing consequences of utterly destroyed roads?
Or should we all move to the Island and Ikeja GRA?
It's a terrifying prospect to see that NO ONE supporting the ruling-or opposition- parties has asked what their respective state governors did with all the EXTRA-BUDGETARY monies they collected from the ECA account!
What kind of blindness is this?
WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!?
If ALL state governors in the 7th republic can't account for their- budgets, loans, bonds, extra allocations and IGRs- who exactly is BUHARI going to probe?

Meanwhile, isn't it a clear indictment of his party that he can't seem to find 36 individuals under the 'UMBRELLA' body of the APC that he can hold accountable as ministers?
After all, what's trust got to do with it..?

As an aside- is GMB's Ramadan fast affecting his performance?
I suspect it's the reason why his pressmen have been giving statements, rather than the HEAD-OF-STATE addressing the nation about the state of the nation.
Then again, my SUSPICIONS might be wrong.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by amakasul(f): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I love your grammar but detest your points because they are far from reality and constitutionality...
What's the constitutional function of NEC?
What's the constitutional function of FAAC?
What's the constitutional stance on ECA?

If my points were far from reality or the constitution, you should have stated your own understanding of it. Asking me questions on the constitution, which you know like the back of your palm, makes that knowledge redundant.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
amakasul:

If my points were far from reality or the constitution, you should have stated your own understanding of it. Asking me questions on the constitution, which you know like the back of your palm, makes that knowledge redundant.

My opinion is shown in those questions...NEC is an economic planning body not money sharing or approving committee...FAAC is a money sharing committee but not an approval committee...ECA is a strange language or an alien to our constitution...No law allows Jonathan to seek permission before tampering with ECA though it is morally wrong to do that but still not unconstitutional...
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by kaboninc(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

My opinion is shown in those questions...NEC is an economic planning body not money sharing or approving committee...FAAC is a money sharing committee but not an approval committee...ECA is a strange language or an alien to our constitution...No law allows Jonathan to seek permission before tampering with ECA though it is morally wrong to do that but still not unconstitutional...

I think we're yet to get to the root of the matter. I suggest we refrain from commenting on this. Jonathan for one, will never go against the law. He must have sought proper legal advice. I also think there's an agreement between all tiers of government for the use of the ECA funds to offset subsidy payments.

Jonathan cannot unilaterally use these funds to offset these payments. Besides, the subsidy was borne by the entire Federation and the Federation has to make provision for it.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by amakasul(f): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

ECA is not alien and has been in existence since Obasanjo. Its establishment was rooted in law. ECA belongs to all the 36 states and federal government. The president has limits and cannot legally operate ECA without NEC or what you call the approving committee.

You have not said which body has the authority to approve money agreed to be shared by NEC or FAAC. In this regard, your opinion has not answered my question. I do know however that is not Jonathan for obvious conflict of interest, checks and balances.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
kaboninc:

I think we're yet to get to the root of the matter. I suggest we refrain from commenting on this. Jonathan for one, will never go against the law. He must have sought proper legal advice. I also think there's an agreement between all tiers of government for the use of the ECA funds to offset subsidy payments.

Jonathan cannot unilaterally use these funds to offset these payments. Besides, the subsidy was borne by the entire Federation and the Federation has to make provision for it.

I simply cleared her on the constitutionality or otherwise of such account and withdrawal from same...

Truth is that if there's anything sinister in that transaction, trust APC especially the dissident former PDP led by Amechi to have used same to whitewash Jonathan/NOI...

Amechi brought it up and NOI threw the books open...he went dumb...Oshomole just woke up to champion same and divert attention of people which seemed too focused on buhari...hence as people get distracted with this argument, they themselves continue with whatever they are doing...

Be sure to see them throw up more controversial topics and statements in future...
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
amakasul:

ECA is not alien and has been in existence since Obasanjo. Its establishment was rooted in law. ECA belongs to all the 36 states and federal government. The president has limits and cannot legally operate ECA without NEC or what you call the approving committee.

You have not said which body has the authority to approve money agreed to be shared by NEC or FAAC. In this regard, your opinion has not answered my question. I do know however that is not Jonathan for obvious conflict of interest, checks and balances.

Before any further discussion on this...kindly quote for me the section of our constitution that recognized ECA and what was said there...thanks...I am waiting
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by kaboninc(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I simply cleared her on the constitutionality or otherwise of such account and withdrawal from same...

Truth is that if there's anything sinister in that transaction, trust APC especially the dissident former PDP led by Amechi to have used same to whitewash Jonathan/NOI...

Amechi brought it up and NOI threw the books open...he went dumb...Oshomole just woke up to champion same and divert attention of people which seemed too focused on buhari...hence as people get distracted with this argument, they themselves continue with whatever they are doing...

Be sure to see them throw up more controversial topics and statements in future...

I was even wondering maybe they felt pained that the money they could have easily stolen is been shared amongst the Nigerian citizens.

Have you noticed that anytime some ECA fund is to be shared, you won't hear such wailing stories. I also hope Buhari treads carefully too because by the time he'd have settled down for real business, and wouldn't want to be bossed by these same guys praising him, his eyes will be opened to the powerful force and influence exercised by these governors.

Then, they'll fall out.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
kaboninc:

I was even wondering maybe they felt pained that the money they could have easily stolen is been shared amongst the Nigerian citizens.

Have you noticed that anytime some ECA fund is to be shared, you won't hear such wailing stories. I also hope Buhari treads carefully too because by the time he'd have settled down for real business, and wouldn't want to be bossed by these same guys praising him, his eyes will be opened to the powerful force and influence exercised by these governors.

Then, they'll fall out.

I pray Fayose becomes Deputy NGF hence they control some excesses of APC...Buhari has no option than to lobby them with regards to ECA...otherwise they will take him to court and will surely win...because the constitution instructed that ALL revenue be taken to federation account...So ECA as instituted by Obj...and SWF as instituted by Jonathan are illegal accounts but beneficial to the nation especially SWF...
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by kaboninc(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I pray Fayose becomes Deputy NGF hence they control some excesses of APC...Buhari has no option than to lobby them with regards to ECA...otherwise they will take him to court and will surely win...because the constitution instructed that ALL revenue be taken to federation account...So ECA as instituted by Obj...and SWF as instituted by Jonathan are illegal accounts but beneficial to the nation especially SWF...

If Fayose becomes the Deputy Chairman, then the NGF is either set for the rock or they'd have to do the proper thing and if they elect the later, the better for Buhari...that is if indeed he knows what to do.

This is a case of an action being moral but 'illegal'. However, is the ECA not part of the Consolidated Revenue Account? Maybe because the funds are not "deposited" into an account but it is still "part" of revenue collectively owned by the three tiers of government. Hence the FG cannot unilaterally spend this fund without the expresses agreement of the other tiers.

Putting too much funds under the direct control of these Governors together with the immunity they enjoy and the dilapidated institutional structure we have make them powerful and untouchable. Unlike the US from whom we copied our system of government whose States are responsible for the income generated but these governors do not have immunity and you have a proper institutional framework.

Honestly, we do not have good government administrators as governors. We have "chop I chop, man no send"

Good morning!
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by kaboninc(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If Fayose becomes the Deputy Chairman, then the NGF is either set for the rock or they'd have to do the proper thing and if they elect the later, the better for Buhari...that is if indeed he knows what to do.

This is a case of an action being moral but 'illegal'. However, is the ECA not part of the Consolidated Revenue Account? Maybe because the funds are not "deposited" into an account but it is still "part" of revenue collectively owned by the three tiers of government. Hence the FG cannot unilaterally spend this fund without the expresses agreement of the other tiers.

Putting too much funds under the direct control of these Governors together with the immunity they enjoy and the dilapidated institutional structure we have make them powerful and untouchable. Unlike the US from whom we copied our system of government whose States are responsible for the income generated but these governors do not have immunity and you have a proper institutional framework.

Honestly, we do not have good government administrators as governors. We have "chop I chop, man no send"
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by amakasul(f): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Before any further discussion on this...kindly quote for me the section of our constitution that recognized ECA and what was said there...thanks...I am waiting

You are not serious or you lack knowledge on this issue if you think you are entitled to set conditions as a smokescreen.
That an account or body does not exist under the constitution does not mean it can not be created by statutory or administrative instrument.
Re: Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events by banio: 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
Complications

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Promises To Intervene In The Case Of Conviction / Atiku, PDP Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos) / Federal Government To Probe Soludo And Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.