Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) (28929 Views)

New Car Crushes Retiree Owner To Death In Nsukka / Trailer Crushes Tricycle Passenger In Lagos (photo) / LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by dre11(m): 11:09am On Jul 09, 2015
Commercial motorcyclists popularly called Okada riders went on the rampage yesterday in Ibadan, Oyo State, over the killing of their colleague by a trailer. The motorcyclist was reportedly hit by a cab before he was crushed to death by the trailer. The incident occurred at the popular Iwo Road interchange.
It was said to have been caused by the activities of Vehicle Inspection Officers (VIOs), who were checking documents of commercial vehicles plying the route. Witnesses and members of the Okada Riders Association said a Lagos-bound trailer crushed the middle-aged motorcyclist to death after he was hit by the cab whose driver was trying to evade inspection by VIO officials. “It was while the VIOs stopped the driver of the Micra cab for checking and he wanted to run away that he hit the Okada rider. “Unfortunately, the motorcyclist swerved uncontrollably and ran underneath the trailer.
The fast-moving trailer crushed him and killed him on the spot,” a witness said. Sensing danger, the VIO officials immediately fled the area. The cab driver also escaped during the commotion. Angry commercial motorcyclists disrupted free movement of vehicles which led to a gridlock at the ever-busy junction. Not satisfied, they later headed for the Ikolaba office of the VIO at Denton area of Idi- Ape, near the Agodi Government House, where they hoped to attack the fleeing officials. However, before they got there, security men had cordoned off the area, including the VIO office.
The move was to forestall breakdown of law and order. Meanwhile, the body of the motorcyclist, whose identity could not be ascertained at press time, was still lying on the spot where he was crushed to death. But policemen at Idi-Ape told our correspondent that they were on top of the situation.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/chaos-as-truck-crushes-motorcyclist/

cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Truth24(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2015
But Why do death come in a gruesome way? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2015
shocked shocked

So sad

Let me use this opportunity to tell you guys that i need an employment, you guys should pray for me and probably connect me with someone.

I studied Electronic and Computer Engineering and i know my job, trust me

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by dammywapes(m): 11:13am On Jul 09, 2015
Here in ibadan. At where ?
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by ijustdey: 11:15am On Jul 09, 2015
dammywapes:
Here in ibadan. At where ?
The motorcyclist was reportedly hit by a cab before he was crushed to death by the trailer. The incident occurred at the popular Iwo Road interchange.
I hope that answers your question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by ijustdey: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2015
these government agencies and they way they just caused accident is becoming much...

yesterday it was a policeman and today its the turn of a VIO that has caused someone to loose his life,

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by shedrack222: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2015
Nottedd

See What Kate Henshaw And Kiss Daniel Were Caught Doing [PHOTO]

[url]proudlyweb.com/see-what-kate-henshaw-and-kiss-daniel-were-caught-doing-photo[/url]
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Skiman: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2015
God forbid Truck, SUV , Bicycle, Domestic accident be it minor or major in Jesus Name

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by dammywapes(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2015
ijustdey:

I hope that answers your question
yea thank you. I didn't go through it. I stayed in ibadan and i did not hear anything like that so am trying to confirm.
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by magabounce(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2015
IPAPU!!!!!!
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Chukwutobi: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
God deliver us from destiny wasters!
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
Where in Ibadan,seems Tanoids are just posting anything and the moderators are falling for it.
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by admax(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
You people should stop posting stories and pictures of accident and crushing etc.......no good news again?

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by BHNLMedia: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
Jesus!

!
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Cryxtal(f): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Vikkiboi(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
So so sad...May his soul rest in peace cry

This life sef angry
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Shaadey: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Vikkiboi(m): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2015
Truth24:
b

B for Ball
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Sunday8650: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2015
cry this is why okada should be banned for God sake! Okada riders like to maneuver everything even heavy duty trailers. Why can't the state Government introduce keke napep. Now a man died for nothing sad sad
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by timilehing(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2015
OMG
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2015
RIP
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2015
Not again! shocked
Can anybody pls suggest to me any online forum where I can read good news?

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Lovexme(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2015
It's getting too much.

Every other day, there's a thread with 'graphic photos' affixed to the title.
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by allanphash7(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2015
Ori iyamo oniburedi oooooooo

RIP to the dead
Is it everyday that one sees GRAPHIC PHOTOS? May God help us
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by JackErnest(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2015
RIP to the dead!
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by poyet(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2015
This crushing of human lives is becoming too unbearably rampant. It was Edo, now it's Ibadan. Who knows what place is next! God help Nigeria!
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Islie: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
I don't known why cab drivers can't obey simple instructions and update their vehicle particulars.

This is what caused the accident when the cab man was trying to invade arrest

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by ichommy(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
Chai
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by ijustdey: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
Vorp:
Where in Ibadan,seems Tanoids are just posting anything and the moderators are falling for it.

maybe if you have taken your time to read the story

it would save you the energy of making such post
Re: Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) by Daslim180(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2015
pathetic

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. / Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.