Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 (14558 Views)

Do You Need Camry 2010 Or 2012/venza/sienna 2010? / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Or Volvo S40 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 11:21am On Jul 09, 2015
I want to buy a Toks car and I am choosing between the VW 2010 model Wolfsburg edition 2.5l and The Toyota Camry 2010 SE 4PLUG. I need advice from careful and experienced car owners. I love the performance of VW but I am particular about maintenance. My office to home and back is just 10mins drive.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by chuka5000(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
watchworldpro:
I want to buy a Toks car and I am choosing between the VW 2010 model Wolfsburg edition 2.5l and The Toyota Camry 2010 SE 4PLUG. I need advice from careful and experienced car owners. I love the performance of VW but I am particular about maintenance. My office to home and back is just 10mins drive.

If u no get too much maintenance money. Abeg buy camry.
The parts are at ur door step
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2015
I have contacted a VW part dealer and he told me if I do effective preventive maintenance. I can use the VW for 5 years with no issues.

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
Not in the same class of cars. Camry is a much larger and luxurious car
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by dokyOloye: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Depends on a lot of variables.
If U want a cheap maintenance car that will just take U thro and fro wt readily available parts,easy to maintain,superb fuel economy (though U didn't state d engine size of d camry) can be worked on by nearly any mecho,Kazeems included,then go for d camry.
But if U need a strong,rugged car that U will form a bond wt like U both are best friends,then go for d volkswagen.Added advantage is that wt good driving habits,U can drive it for yrs wtout any major repairs,just oil change,filters,etc.
Just like some1 once said on this forum,camrys are soulless wt a very bland/plain interiors and for peeps like us,its a no no.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by dokyOloye: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Fulaman198:
Not in the same class of cars. Camry is a much larger and luxurious car
There is nothing luxurious in camrys,even d 2015 model.
When U talk of luxury in cars,U mention Mercedes,Audi,BMW,Lexus,Acura,etc.
A simple price check of let's say d 2010 camry and any of these cars I mentioned of d same year will tell U d difference.Even their import duties will not be near each other too.

4 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
dokyOloye:
There is nothing luxurious in camrys,even d 2015 model.
When U talk of luxury in cars,U mention Mercedes,Audi,BMW,Lexus,Acura,etc.
A simple price check of let's say d 2010 camry and any of these cars I mentioned of d same year will tell U d difference.Even their import duties will not be near each other too.

So this isn't luxurious?

[img]http://cars.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e2011572428d9f970b-pi[/img]

Compare to its Lexus twin of the time:

[img]http://cars.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e20115714e2bf0970c-pi[/img]

3 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Camry and Jetta aren't in the same class.

It is as follows:

Camry vs Passat
Corolla vs Jetta
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Jetta has more premium interior than Camry.

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
Check it out

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
watchworldpro:
Jetta has more premium interior than Camry.

You call that premium it looks like a toy interior. Lots of plastics are being used. It does look more "energetic" but definitely not more premium. I like the colours more on the Passat's interior. The Camry is more classy

Jetta is a MUCH smaller car. They are not in the same class (Power-wise as well)
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
Guess u don't know about cars. Have you driven or entered a 2010 jetta before? All Camry has is cheap plastic. Beautiful to the eyes but not appealing. After a year. You are bored. But after a year in your jetta. You discover new things. You can't compare a Camry xle to a 2.5l jetta Wolfsburg edition or a GLI version. Jetta has more safety, sound system is perfect and interior is more premium(real life and not pictures). When u wind up in your Camry, you still hear noise making outside but when you wind up in your germanized jetta. You are like in a glass house and sound proof. For movement. Jetta has a more powerful engine and torque with impressive stability. Camry is paper. Anybody iin the house agrees with me?

14 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
watchworldpro:
Guess u don't know about cars. Have you driven or entered a 2010 jetta before? All Camry has is cheap plastic. Beautiful to the eyes but not appealing. After a year. You are bored. But after a year in your jetta. You discover new things. You can't compare a Camry xle to a 2.5l jetta Wolfsburg edition or a GLI version. Jetta has more safety, sound system is perfect and interior is more premium(real life and not pictures). When u wind up in your Camry, you still hear noise making outside but when you wind up in your germanized jetta. You are like in a glass house and sound proof. Anybody iin the house agrees with me?

As aformentioned you can't compare apples and oranges. You sound like you don't know about cars. How big is the Jetta in Comparison to the Camry. You may want to conduct thorough research before posting rubbish. They are not in the same class. Jetta is a compact car (same class as Civic, Corolla, Mazda3). Camry is a mid-sized car (same class as Accord, Passat, Mazda6, etc.). Please learn how to use the internet. In regards to Camry making noise? LOL what Camry are you driving. Camry is one of the quietest cars on the road (Thanks to Lexus design):

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Who is talking of whether mid size or compact? I am talking about power and speed. Why didn't u compare the GLI version of jetta with the XLe version of Camry. You are comparing the base jetta with a full option Camry. Not fair bro. As regards quietness. Read my post well. U hardly hear external noise in ur jetta cos its well padded unlike your Toyota Camry. Easy to maintain you win but for car enthusiasts you lose.

6 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
watchworldpro:
Who is talking of whether mid size or compact? I am talking about power and speed. Why didn't u compare the GLI version of jetta with the XLe version of Camry. You are comparing the base jetta with a full option Camry. Not fair bro. As regards quietness. Read my post well. U hardly hear external noise in ur jetta cos its well padded unlike your Toyota Camry. Easy to maintain you win but for car enthusiasts you lose.

Highest configuration of Jetta is 200hp same amount of power you get from a Honda Civic Si.

How can you compare that to the Camry which is 268 hp on 87 octane and 272 hp (uses the same engine as the Lexus ES350) on 91+ octane. It just doesn't work that way.

Basically by comparing the most expensive configuration of the Jetta to the most expensive configuration of the Camry, you may as well be comparing the Jetta to the Lexus ES350. Because a fully-loaded Camry is pretty much the same as the fully-loaded ES350 of the same year (I have driven both) The only area I would say the Lexus wins is that it has slightly more wood than the Camry and also a better stereo system (Mark Levinson vs. JBL).

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
You quote figures, I quote performance. I mean performance. Real performance on the highway. Can u avoid a pothole with your Camry without swerving into the bush? Drive better car and stop quoting figures. 285, 195, 22222222222222. All bullshit. My 1.8 turbo audi will beat ur v6 Camry. Same year. Go German Go. What of the shocks of your Camry? Can't compare with German shocks

6 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
Camry is built with mass production in mind. Jetta was built with precision

5 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
watchworldpro:

If that is the case then why does the Jetta have worse reliablity ratings than its competitors (Mazda3, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Kia Forte, Hyundai Elantra). Can you answer that question?

Every Toyota Car from the Corolla Onward seems to be built with more precision and reliability in mind. Jettas are notorious for their electrical problems. I have a friend with one and his headlight bulbs are always going out, or something in his interior stops working (like the trip computer).

4 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
watchworldpro:
You quote figures, I quote performance. I mean performance. Real performance on the highway. Can u avoid a pothole with your Camry without swerving into the bush? Drive better car and stop quoting figures. 285, 195, 22222222222222. All bullshit. My 1.8 turbo audi will beat ur v6 Camry. Same year. Go German Go. What of the shocks of your Camry? Can't compare with German shocks

I happen to own a Camry and the suspension (which is the same as the Lexus ES350) absorbs bumps really well (because the suspension is soft) thus you feel the impact less. If you are going into a pothole and your Camry swervs into a bush, that's the drivers fault for not maintaining his/her lane discipline. No two drivers are the same. Some drivers have steady hands, some drives don't have steady hands (and shouldn't be driving in the first place).
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by watchworldpro: 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
Bulb lights will always burn out cos a fake was used or an incompetent electrician tampered with that car. I never said suspensions in camry don't bump well but for how long does it last? Cutting corners and reliability go hand in hand. That's why u see ur camry in hands of every tom, prick and Harry. Fake parts every where. When u change something today. U change so so soon again. Once u change in a German, no need to go to that same problem so far u did the right thing. That guy should go and buy an okada. He doesn't deserve a german car. He is just trying to belong. U quote figures but u forget to admit that when a German car passes u on the road. U can't catch it. Even if u try, ur steering is shaking on 140. Driving a German car is driving in confidence. Toyota is just to move around. Grow up man. Can u drift comfortably in a camry? We are talking about fun driving and not movement driving.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 1:48am On Jul 10, 2015
watchworldpro:
Bulb lights will always burn out cos a fake was used or an incompetent electrician tampered with that car. I never said suspensions in camry don't bump well but for how long does it last? Cutting corners and reliability go hand in hand. That's why u see ur camry in hands of every tom, prick and Harry. Fake parts every where. When u change something today. U change so so soon again. Once u change in a German, no need to go to that same problem so far u did the right thing. That guy should go and buy an okada. He doesn't deserve a german car. He is just trying to belong. U quote figures but u forget to admit that when a German car passes u on the road. U can't catch it. Even if u try, ur steering is shaking on 140. Driving a German car is driving in confidence. Toyota is just to move around. Grow up man. Can u drift comfortably in a camry? We are talking about fun driving and not movement driving.

I do my own maintenance, and it's quite inexpensive my friend, I have not had many problems (if at all) besides changing brakes, oil change, air filtre change, and rotation of tires. Also, what do you mean by drift?

You are telling me to grow up smiley, kid I'm not the one asking to drive an 18-24 year old person's car. The Camry is for the matured people. That's why you can't compare apples and oranges. Now I'm not old geezer at my ripe age of 30, but I do know luxury (the ride quality vs. a stiff harder ride based on suspension, wood trim, etc.)

I put the Jetta with the Civic, Corolla and Mazda3.

If I had to rank those cars in the category, I would do it like this.

1. Mazda3
2. Honda Civic
3. Volkswagon Jetta
4. Toyota Corolla

That's for pleasurable times while driving. However in terms of reliability I would rank them as follows:

1. Toyota Corolla
2. Mazda3/ Honda Civic
3. Volkswagen Jetta

In addition, you wouldn't want me to create a thread that said

Hey guys, I'm trying to choose between a Toyota Corolla 2010 and a Volkswagen Passat 2010.....That would be an insult to the Passat, just like you are insulting the Camry. 2 different cars of 2 very different classes.

6 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Highest configuration of Jetta is 200hp same amount of power you get from a Honda Civic Si.

How can you compare that to the Camry which is 268 hp on 87 octane and 272 hp (uses the same engine as the Lexus ES350) on 91+ octane. It just doesn't work that way.

Basically by comparing the most expensive configuration of the Jetta to the most expensive configuration of the Camry, you may as well be comparing the Jetta to the Lexus ES350. Because a fully-loaded Camry is pretty much the same as the fully-loaded ES350 of the same year (I have driven both) The only area I would say the Lexus wins is that it has slightly more wood than the Camry and also a better stereo system (Mark Levinson vs. JBL).

Mark Levinson isn't better than JBL.
JBL is a world class maker of high quality PAS, audiophile, speakers etc they're very good at their job.

Mark Levinson on the other hand is a maker of high-end luxury speakers.

Do you know JBL and Mark Levinson is produced by Harman Int'l Industries, the makers of Harman Kardon?

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 10, 2015
Who ever compares a Camry with a Jetta based on body size, engine power, EPA classification etc don't know cars. A Camry however boring is a higher more up-scale car than a Jetta. A Camry competes with a Passat.

Folks in NL who have no prior experience about automobile and their classification and are biased towards a particular brand just type these days....

Talking about over familiarity with Camry and Accord.

The fact that one faceless soul behind a phone, tablet, pc types a skewed review doesn't make over 60million americans who've purchased Camry in the last 25 years wrong. It shows you faceless soul is utterly wrong.

I said that and I stand by this word.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2015
lomomike:

Mark Levinson isn't better than JBL.
JBL is a world class maker of high quality PAS, audiophile, speakers etc they're very good at their job.

Mark Levinson on the other hand is a maker of high-end luxury speakers.

Do you know JBL and Mark Levinson is produced by Harman Int'l Industries, the makers of Harman Kardon?

Yeah I know bro.

Harmon Kardon, Mark Levinson, JBL, Lexicon, Infinity, etc. I'm pretty familiar with speaker brands.

While you may be right that typically speaking Mark Levinson isn't better than JBL, in this year of cars it is. The 2007 - 2011 JBL sound system is ok, but the bass can sometimes be muddy at around the 20hz - 60hz range. Other than that, the 440 watt JBL sound system in the 07 - 2011 Camry is good. It makes one wonder if it's the headunit sending out the crappy notes. If I change out the headunit with maybe an Alpine synthesizer or Nakamichi, I'll hear better tones, but then I'd lose the Navi.

The Lexus Mark Levinson was designed to be better (otherwise why would anyone buy an ES350 when they can get a fully loaded Camry?)
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2015
lomomike:
Who ever compares a Camry with a Jetta based on body size, engine power, EPA classification etc don't know cars. A Camry however boring is a higher more up-scale car than a Jetta. A Camry competes with a Passat.

Folks in NL who have no prior experience about automobile and their classification and are biased towards a particular brand just type these days....

The fact that one faceless soul behind a phone, tablet, pc types a skewed review doesn't make over 60million americans who've purchased Camry in the last 25 years wrong. It shows you faceless soul is utterly wrong.

Yep, they are not in the same class at all

Camry vs. Passat
Corolla vs. Jetta

That's how it is, that's how it has always been.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
Depends on a lot of variables.
If U want a cheap maintenance car that will just take U thro and fro wt readily available parts,easy to maintain,superb fuel economy (though U didn't state d engine size of d camry) can be worked on by nearly any mecho,Kazeems included,then go for d camry.
But if U need a strong,rugged car that U will form a bond wt like U both are best friends,then go for d volkswagen.Added advantage is that wt good driving habits,U can drive it for yrs wtout any major repairs,just oil change,filters,etc.
Just like some1 once said on this forum,camrys are soulless wt a very bland/plain interiors and for peeps like us,its a no no.

Abeg no vex, how is a vw jetta superior to a camry in any category? Abi na because this is GERMAN vs Japanese? The 2010 camry is bland, have u see a 2010 jetta? It is ugly, small and on top of that still slower than the camry. If this were Passat vs camry then I would agree with u, but jetta vs camry? Cmon bros. I guess u would also say a mercedez Benz A class is better than a Lexus GS since one is GERMAN and the other is Japanese.

Both cars have same hp for the petrol models but the camry still got better mpg even though it is the larger and more luxurious car.

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2015
lomomike:

Bros the ting taya me. Vw jetta vs camry kwa. Camry don sodder oh, and upon that people still dey buy am. Some people just don't knwo what they say, so far it is a GERMAN car vs Japanese, the GERMAN is always superior even though it is a vw vento vs Lexus GS.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2015
watchworldpro:

Bros, are u trying to say a vw jetta performs better than a camry? Lol. Pls enlighten us.

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
watchworldpro:

Talking all trash and no meaning is made.
FIY, McPherson's struts are meant to last 50,000 miles whereas most US used vehicles are driven 15,000/annum. If same car is driven for 5 years before being imported to pot hole ridden Nigerian roads and heavily abused with 4 at the rear plus cargoes and driving over bumps and potholes at high speeds, tell me how is this the fault of Toyota?
Mind you, in US and Canada, Toyota's struts are NOT sports tuned, they're comfortable cruisers with soft pliant suspensions.

Your 1.8T passat will suffer catastrophic engine blow out if you were to challenge me in a CAMRY 2.5 i4 because you will over rev your car yet you won't see my tail.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Kashif(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
watchworldpro:

watchworldpro:
Guess u don't know about cars. Have you driven or entered a 2010 jetta before? All Camry has is cheap plastic. Beautiful to the eyes but not appealing. After a year. You are bored. But after a year in your jetta. You discover new things. You can't compare a Camry xle to a 2.5l jetta Wolfsburg edition or a GLI version. Jetta has more safety, sound system is perfect and interior is more premium(real life and not pictures). When u wind up in your Camry, you still hear noise making outside but when you wind up in your germanized jetta. You are like in a glass house and sound proof. For movement. Jetta has a more powerful engine and torque with impressive stability. Camry is paper. Anybody iin the house agrees with me?

watchworldpro:

watchworldpro:

Since you know all these, why disturb us? undecided Some people just like stirring the nest.

3 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
watchworldpro:

Lol.... Anyone who drifts a Passat and jetta would comfortably drift a CAMRY... I take it you can't drive

QED

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Inception(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
lomomike:

Lol.... Anyone who drifts a Passat and jetta would comfortably drift a CAMRY... I take it you can't drive

QED
He wants to Drift a FWD car
grin

thats not drifting bruh, its powersliding grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.