Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. (11484 Views)

SIWES: Who Else Got This Invitation From NLNG? / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Shine1177: 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
O serious.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by SirLegal(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
Chukwuemeka007:
Hmmmmmm

Emeka, why the Hmmmm?

Are u also experiencing same ordeal?
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Phoenix001(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
Let's pray that this 'CHANGE' is for real. There will be end to stuffs like this
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Chukwuemeka007(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
SirLegal:

Emeka, why the Hmmmm?

Are u also experiencing same ordeal?

Similar sha. Those SLNG folks we applied with in yr1 for scholarships are blowing up my phone with sms like "are you still at home? 12 slots remaining at NNPC, 10 slots at Total. Call blah blah blah for placement". I called the dude and he told me i'll have to pay a mobilization fee of #2,500 he sent the account details after the call. Since then i didn't bother calling again but such texts are still coming my way

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Drizzle007(m): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hehe
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by persius555(m): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
Scammers are all over the place now. Op, you are lucky you ran into the not too smart ones. There are scumbag scammers out there who are smart with all the look and feel of a genuine recruitment agency. They just as unemployed as you. To them, scamming is source of livelihood. They owe you no apology.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by EdDave(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
And there is one dude here that has the Post UTME forms for all the universities in the world for sale. How do people fall for this kind of thing?
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nigerians please stop chasing after non existent jobs. Develop skills for yourself @ http://Brilliantlightsmedia.com and start selling online on fiverr and other freelance sites as well as offline as your own business. Get informed and free yourselves from this white collar job hunt madness. Entrepreneurs is what the world demands now and not salary earners. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
SirLegal:
Good day my People.
This one happened to me yesterday. Though it was all on the phone. As a student looking for Internship, i have been hustling the best that i can in other to get a placement. I have followed/joined many online job sites like jobberman, jobrapido, ngcareers, jobble etc just to be updated about any Internship vacancies.
So I logged Into my account at yesterday where i found an ad of NLNG MASS EMPLOYMENT. I was thrilled cause i have applied so many times through written letters and online stuff but to no avail. So i wrote to the man who posted the ad if the do take students on Internship basis which he responded by giving me dis number(08065447517) to call saying that was the phone no of their P.R.O.

"Wow!!! My luck don shine", i said to myself. So immediately, i picked up my phone and dialled the number. This was the convo with the scammer.
ME: Gudday sir, my name is ........., am i unto the PRO of NLNG Port harcourt?
SCAMMER: (In an accent that looked british) yes gudday hw may i help You?
ME: (surprised by the accent) Sir i saw your ad on a site by name, in which you people have some vacancies to be filled. Sir, am a student looking for Internship just for six months and am able to work very well for your company cause i know am gud.
SCAMMERsadChuckles) You said you are able and ready to work?
ME: (very happy now) yes sir very ready to work.
SCAMMER: How old are you?
ME: i am 20+ sir.
SCAMMER: ok ok. Do you know the requirements? Do you know about the forms?
ME: form ke No Sir from the information i got, their was no form to be(he cut me off)
SCAMMER: Young man, are you sure you are ready for this job?
ME: (panicking) yes sir, am ready. so Sir how do i get the forms?
SCAMMER: The forms are sold at a price of #2250. Though it is very limited due to the unemployment rate in the country we have sold out a huge amount of them. Are you Okay with the price?
ME: I will see what i can do sir. But sir, how do i get the forms?
SCAMMER: very easy we have our website but since You are in a haste to get it I can give you the hard copy.
ME: Sir your website is it that of NLNG.com?
SCAMMER: seems like you don't need this job. You can get the forms through me. I can get my secretary to fill ur data which you will send to me. then you Pay me by sending MTN airtime of #2200 to me. Its not that i need your money its just that my driver is very far away and i need to recharge his phone for him. So, can you send the airtime now?
MEsadi have already understood what was happenning, so i decided to play along) But Sir, it is raining heavily over here, hw about if i send you the airtime lets say an hour's time.
SCAMMER: Will the rain prevent you from getting Internship over here?
ME: No sir.
SCAMMER: then run along and get me the airtime and be very fast about that.
ME: Ok sir.

I dropped the call. Immediately i logged unto NLNG.com, and followed their twitter handle. Their on twitter, I found one of their handlers who twitted about their company and the money the gave to FG. I replied him by asking if the were engaging on MASS EMPLOYMENT, to which he answered a resounding NO and further added that for any recruitment the do, its always seen on their website, twitter handle, and also on National Dailies.

MORAL
DON'T BE TOO DESPERATE WHEN LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THIS COUNTRY OF OURS. YES I DIDN'T FALL A VICTIM AND HOPE YOU WON'T.
SCAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE.

OP you should have sent him fake recharge card pins.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by obontami: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
a won ole
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by callonme(m): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
Thank God you weren't victimised........

I am still busy over here

Working hard on my award-winning blog.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by excellentmomma(f): 1:26am On Jul 10, 2015
Lolzzz, op you fall my hand o, you would have asked him to send you N750 airtime so u cud call ur father's driver who is far away to go buy the airtime for him. Yeye dey smell, I always try to scam them back and dey drop d calls shaperly. grin
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by jaytee01(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Lyndylove:
Interesting read it is.

COMING SOON!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
JULY 15TH!!!

[Music] LYNDY _ MY HERO [A TRIBUTE TO DR
GOODLUCK JONATHAN]

My hero is a tribute to Dr Goodluck Jonathan
appreciating his achievements and efforts towards making Nigeria great, for being true democrat and for preserving our peace and unity.

IT DROPS ON JULY 15TH!!!
YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS!!!
Follow on twitter: @ Lyndymk
This post no dey tire u......

If no be d correct grammar here, I for swear say na Mama Peace post am.
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Otsealu1(f): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2015
It happened to me too. I saw a job post that NNPC was recruiting various positions in different states, I quickly ran through it and saw that there is something I could offer so I went to the last page searching for the email where I could apply. Unfortunately I saw a number. That I should call the number for further instructions so I called the number and to my greatest surprise the person that answered said that am so lucky that it just a form remaining and even self they even had to extend the selling of the form because people where still requesting for it. So if I want him to reserve the form for me that I should send him my email address where he will his account number for me to send him ten thousand naira and then call him to tell him I've done it and then he will send me the form via my email but I should send him the money before 12pm because the sales of the form will stop by that time. I told him not to worry as am already on my way to the bank.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by martobi: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
NLNG SIWES Aptitude test past questions and answers available here
https://www.teststreams.com/studypack/nlng-siwes-recruitment-aptitude-test-past-questions/
Re: My Experience With An Nlng Scammer. by Michaelpraise: 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2023
09169583117 and 09038750543. These are scam numbers claiming to be staff of Arik Air. He is a thief and a criminal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-power: 3 Reasons Why Most N-power Volunteers Were Not Paid Their Backlogs / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Mobil Nigeria / NAR Recruitment.interview/test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.