Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th (12567 Views)

Super Eagles Remain On 45th Spot In FIFA Rankings / FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Move Up Despite AFCON Miss / FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Move Up Despite AFCON Miss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by ZIGGYCOM: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ounpe
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by jck1976(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
IamDino:
This ranking is trash.
WTF is Romania doing amongst the top 10?
See countries wey top Nigeria na people wey no sabi ball like us.
.Oliseh will return the lost glory soon.
Lalasticlala push this to Fp.

Because you don't watch football. Maybe only Nigeria league.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by jck1976(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

To read football news, u no sabi...how u go fit sabi play common orange? Oya, read am again below.

As explained by FIFA, the volatility of the ranking this month is due in part to the many matches that have been played: with 26 Copa América matches, 99 qualifying matches for the World Cup or continental tournaments, and 88 friendlies, the number of matches taken into account has almost doubled the amount for the year so far (477 matches in total). The world football governing body said that the other reason is that the matches from last year’s World Cup have been devalued.

Your brains work... Unlike many.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by uzo200(m): 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
end time ranking

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by teepsee(f): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
That's So good. Who still cares? undecided
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
IamDino:
This ranking is trash.
WTF is Romania doing amongst the top 10?
See countries wey top Nigeria na people wey no sabi ball like us.
.Oliseh will return the lost glory soon.
Lalasticlala push this to Fp.
Ranking is based on lotta coefficients Mate...
Winning friendly games and FIFa recognized games more often... Romania is also located in Europe which adds to their advantage.... and FYI, WE nor sabi ball.. Come off your high horses...
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
IlekeHD:
When Yorubas no plenty for the team. Add Yorubas and we'll be #10.
ajepako:
chai...

Goodluck replaced with badluck in Nigerian football

under

babaonechance

Really? Not investment in training facilities, not investment in youth, not investment in clubs, not investment in coaches training, not investment in youth, not even dealing with corruption...but no...it has to be tribe and the presence of a leader that improves Nigerian football.

(And the funny thing about Buhari....we won our first global football competition when he was in charge...so he may bring more goodluck to the team by your own reasoning Aje. But enough about charms).

You Nigerians better think and think well.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Roughfyzay(m): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
We even try sef. I thought we would be ranked 80th in the ranking. grin grin
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by kingarizona1(m): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
evlyn:
g

wetin

concern

me

tongue grin

I thought sons of b*tch*es like this those not longer exist. Here?... N*gga u just got a new phone
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by tgmservice: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
This is what happens when u give a brainless poorly programmed computer the work of a human being not defending d eagles but WTF is wales and romania doing I top ten. The ranking is WHACK

1 Like

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by mastercee(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
God forbid bad thing
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Orikinla(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
AC Milan Will Have a New Stadium
https://prnmedia.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ac-milan-will-have-a-new-stadium-512905671.html

Barbara Berlusconi commented as follows: "First historic step. Milan just like London. Today, with the decision of Fondazione Fiera, officially starts the path that, at least in our intentions, will lead to a new stage. It's a first step because it will be necessary to submit the entire project for approval of the institutions. Today, however, is a historic day. Ours is primarily a cultural challenge. First of all for Milan because we will offer an urban stadium to promote the development of the area that will host us, in order to make it safer and a symbol of the city, and also to completely change the mentality of those who go to the stadium - offering them additional services and entertainment. At the same time, we will encourage public transport."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQ5SeiABqU

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Really? Not investment in training facilities, not investment in youth, not investment in clubs, not investment in coaches training, not investment in youth, not even dealing with corruption...but no...it has to be tribe and the presence of a leader that improves Nigerian football.

(And the funny thing about Buhari....we won our first global football competition when he was in charge...so he may bring more goodluck to the team by your own reasoning Aje. But enough about charms).

Smh.. Even in football Politics still sits... Smh
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Monalisa185(f): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
SSS office abujaBREAKING NEWS! Security alert!! Privileged information reveals the mass arrival of BOKO HARAM Fighters to Southern Nigeria, especially to LAGOS and RIVERS States. We have been advised to take urgent and adequate security measures in Churches, especially on Sundays and in places with large gathering such as markets, shopping malls, cinemas, parks. etc. Pls pass on to other friends & family members, especially those residing in PH and Lagos. News is that our enemy is planning something bigger than Nyanya bomb blast btw Tuesday n Wednesday in Abuja. Mind ur movement and be careful, the place is still unknown. Pls pass round to save ur love ones. May God help us & save our country. Pls the message is from a reliable source in the UN office, dont disregard, pls share. These are d police control numbers of each state in Nigeria, kindly call for rapid response to any criminal incident: Abia - 08035415405.Adm wa- 08089671313.AkIbom - 08039213071. Anmbra -07039194332.Bauchi - 08151849417.Bayelsa - 07034578208.Benue - 08066006475.Borno - 08068075581.C-River - 08133568456.Delta - 08036684974.Ebonyi - 07064515001.Edo - 08037646272.Ekiti - 08062335577.Enugu - 08032003702.FCT - 07057337653.Gombe - 08150567771.Imo - 08034773600.Jigawa 08075391069.Kaduna - 08123822284.Kano - 08032419754.Katsina - 08075391255.Kebbi - 08038797644.Kogi - 08075391335.Kwara 07032069501.Lagos - 07055462708.Nasarwa 08123821571.Niger - 08081777498.Ogun - 08032136765.Ondo - 07034313903.Osun - 08075872433.Oyo - 08081768614.Plateau - 08126375938.Rivers - 08032003514.Sokoto - 07068848035.Taraba - 08140089863.Yobe - 07039301585.Zamfa - 0810658012 Please forward this to your loved ones NOW.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Smh.. Even in football Politics still sits... Smh

The problem with our football is structural....not political or tribal.

Improve the structure...and we will soon win many world cups.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by IlekeHD: 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

So GEJ didn't invest in our sport institutions?
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by DharmyYinks: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
Chaiiiii!

Giant of Africa

57th dis is a negativ change.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
muhyeenisce:
Shey them de pay them ni after ranking....why 9ja de down wen we get person wey de rank am for our country...abi wia is that guy PATORANKING
Ignorance is really a curse...
FIFA ranking is used in seeding nations for competition draws and also used to pick the winner in a group Where they tie in almost everything... If you are in the top 20, you will least likely be in a group of death.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

So GEJ didn't invest in our sport institutions?

Put it this way....it goes beyond government this time.

For example....how many of our clubs have youth squads?

How many of our young players are willing to learn how to get better....not win matches....get better?

How many coaches get regular training and retraining.(As a doc...I go for CME. How many of our coaches get trained).

How many of our schools have adequate sports facilities?

And many more questions.

NFF has work to do....and earlier on this thread I posted a BBC article about how Belgium improved its football. What is Nigeria doing to improve its football? When will NFF do the work it is supposed to do?
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by IlekeHD: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Put it this way....it goes beyond government this time.

For example....how many of our clubs have youth squads?

How many of our young players are willing to learn how to get better....not win matches....get better?

How many coaches get regular training and retraining.(As a doc...I go for CME. How many of our coaches get trained).

How many of our schools have adequate sports facilities?

And many more questions.

NFF has work to do....and earlier on this thread I posted a BBC article about how Belgium improved its football. What is Nigeria doing to improve its football? When will NFF do the work it is supposed to do?

You're absolutely correct.

We also need privately owned sports facilities.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The problem with our football is structural....not political or tribal.

Improve the structure...and we will soon win many world cups.
Please shut up Ogbuefi of stupidity...
Is USA not well structured, which world cup did they or have they or will they win?
Winning the world cup is totally outta the political sphere.... Just have a disciplined FA, technical and knowledgeable technical crew and GOOD players (not Mikel and Yobo standard Oh) then WE are half way there....
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by vokalguy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
veekid:
before nkor

good news before nkor

good news

You are an idiot for what you did there... ignorant baboon that is fortunate to have access to the internet but can't contribute anything meaningful.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by anonimi: 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
It is the fear of Buhari that caused it in the fullness of time it shall change cheesy cheesy

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by vokalguy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingarizona1:

I thought sons of b*tch*es like this those not longer exist. Here?... N*gga u just got a new phone

They exist o, so many of them on this site
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
jck1976:

Because you don't watch football. Maybe only Nigeria league.
I bet,you dont know football like I do.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Please shut up Ogbuefi of stupidity...

You did not have to insult me.I did not insult you....so why did you do that.?
Is USA not well structured, which world cup did they or have they or will they win?

I think USA's problem is also lack of interest. Soccer is not the US's no 1 sport (it competes with four to five other main sports)....whereas in Argentina and Brazil it is the no 1 sport. Winning a world cup is also proportional to interest at home...which means more youngsters taking up the sport.

Also...the US is improving.Recently...they played two friendlies against the Germans and the Dutch. And acquitted themselves well. (Beat the Germans even). Thirty years ago....that won't have been possible.

A big problem with the US is their league. No one gets relegated. That does not., in my opinion spur players to play much better. Then there is the way homegrown players are selected for clubs....which is different from what obtains in Europe...and which can prevent say a European coach from selecting the best.

Winning the world cup is totally outta the political sphere.... Just have a disciplined FA, technical and knowledgeable technical crew and GOOD players (not Mikel and Yobo standard Oh) then WE are half way there....

Which is my essential point. Note that i said...eventually we would win...not we would win.

At which point I refer you to the article about Belgium I posted on this thread earlier. Also...Germany who did win the world cup has 2000 youth coaches with UEFA B badges.....which is higher than the UEFA C which is what you need to be a youth coach. Clubs too could set up youth academies....and coaches need training and re-training.(We doctors do it!..ie continue training in our field.).

1 Like

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by chesterlee(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
kamez:
everything in naija is on free fall mode.

naira falling super eagles ranking falling standard of education falling price of crude oil falling standard of our military falling
the list is endless. the president is clueless and the masses are helpless.
which sin Nigeria commit abeg? why all this bad luck?

SAI BUHARI!!!!
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
anonimi:
It is the fear of Buhari that caused it in the fullness of time it shall change cheesy cheesy

How do you explain our winning the U16 FIFA cup in 1985...under GMB?

Anyway....in my opinion...football for once is not one of those areas in Nigerian life that govt can fix.....it is the stakeholders...ie club-sides, NFF etc...that need to fix it.

In my opinion...we need to start at youth level...change the way we train young players. Winning U17 world cups does not mean you are good....and our success at that level over the years has covered up a lot of cracks....that need fixing.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Soreza(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
FIFA RANKING IS LEAST OF WHAT NIGERIANS GOT TO THINK NOW INFACT ITS NOT ON THE LIST, BUHARI FULFILL YOUR PROMISES PLEASE.
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

You did not have to insult me.I did not insult you....so why did you do that.?
Heavy apologies but your initial statement evoked it.

I think USA's problem is also lack of interest. Soccer is not the US's no 1 sport (it competes with four to five other main sports)....whereas in Argentina and Brazil it is the no 1 sport. Winning a world cup is also proportional to interest at home...which means more youngsters taking up the sport.

And those five other sports are on top gears.... Why is only football behind... Even squash gets them more accolades. My point is your rate of organization as a nation doesn't mathematically makes your football team superb. Many reference point remains as evidence though your point of Belgium goes a long way to stagger my argument.

Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by Alexandro2(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wat we hv is nigerian political federation(NPF) nt NFF....dt body sucks
Re: FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th by ociboy(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
this one our team ranking is is getting higher daily,
Pato.... abeg dash them Ranking nah!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio / Ighalo Set For Eagles Comeback, Included In Squad To Face Cape Verde, Liberia / Today Is Vincent Enyeama's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.