Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (37244 Views)

Mother Goes Topless With Her Daughter For Her 1st Birthday, Rock Body Paint / Mother Walks Her Daughter Down The Aisle: Vivienne Ikechi Ajoku Explains Why / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by chybykee(m): 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nice Piece
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Simeony007(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by amikedo1234567(f): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Mariecakes(f): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by goldtemmy(f): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
[quote author=CHM11 post=35672729]WORDS FROM A MOTHER TO HER DAUGHTER ABOUT MARRIAGE

1. The wife that wins all arguments with her husband is not wise. The home is not a law
court.

2. The wife that uses sex as a weapon in the home - placing embargo, going to bed in jeans shorts and
trousers -lacks wisdom.

3. The wife that uses the modern trends and laws of "women's rights" to insult or ridicule her husband simply makes a fool of herself.

4. A woman that makes her home devoid of peace
through bickering, nagging and quarrels needs help.
A man should be eager to run away from office to be at home, for that should be the safest and closest place on earth for him.

5. Modern-day equality in marriage does not mean competition, It simply means partnership. Taking advantage of such equality to turn around and become the defacto head of the home and oppress the man is tantamount to playing with fire. If you destroy your home, soon you will be the boss of an empty home.

6. A wise wife makes the man feel so good that he
assumes that he is the head. Once he gets that
feeling, the woman gently wields her power and the head actually turns to wherever the neck wants without a protest.

7. A wife that does not pull herself away from
friends' influence and advice or even from the
control of her mother and father will have herself to blame.

8. When a man is looking for a wife, he bypasses
women of different shapes and sizes to choose a wife But soon after childbirth, many women hide under the excuse of childbirth to let go of themselves. Many stop bothering about their looks,shape, dressing, etc.
Within 5 years of marriage, people start wondering if the wife is the man's aunt, even though she is 7 years younger. Her defence is that if he truly loves her, he should love her the way she is but when looking for a wife, he saw people like the present YOU and ignored them and settled for the former YOU. Today, you go to bed smelling of onions.... You go to bed wearing grandmothers' clothes. Why are you playing with your marriage? Love is not about looks - we know But looks enhances love and marriage There is a difference between someone disfiguring herself and the person being disfigured by an accident. Please don't be complacent. As hard as it may be, work on looking like you were when he first saw you and began the chase.

9. If every night you are tired, sleepy, sore, down
with headache or fever, "not in the mood," you are a joker, a serious comedian!

10. If your children suddenly become more
important to you than your husband, you need
prayers.

11. If you assume that as the woman, only you need to be pampered and fussed over while the man is a stone that has no emotions, you need to be pitied.

12. A woman that has the mind of a wife does not
excite her husband. Wives are usually complacent
and presumptuous. A wife must strive to have the mind of a girlfriend, A girlfriend is always nicer, sweeter, more loving and always thinking of ways to wow her sweetheart; a girlfriend does not try to win all arguments, does not call the man a "useless man", is not careless about her looks or dressing, always smiles and laughs with the man, sends the man sweet
messages and calls, etc. Are you your husband's
girlfriend in word and in deed?

LASTLY, DO NOT INFORM ME OF YOUR QUARRELS, I DIDN’T JOIN YOU TOGETHER, GOD DID, GO AND
INFORM HIM AND HE WILL SORT
YOU OUT.

Hmmmm nice one, thanks so much........

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by yorubadelta(f): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:
Absolutely on point. One of the major causes of our problems is the misplaced aggression to emulate the western culture. The nascent gender equality drive has subjected us to unfounded mendacious sentiments and has virtually made almost all our women to become feminists. And most of us are trying so hard to live an European life in Africa.
Every society operate based on their value system and cultural inclination. For instance, western countries encourage single mothers and so they are indirectly increasing the number of bastards and marriage breakups. In Africa, a woman is more dignified and respected by the society based on her ability to build an enviable home. In Africa, a respectful woman has more power and influence over a man and can get anything she wants.
To justify my point, a true african woman will appreciate this advice from a mother but it's a complete trash to a Western lady.
My fellow women, we must be truly African to live peacefully and happily in Africa as trying to be Western in Africa will result to increased frustration.
Woman submit and respect your husband and the Man should love his Wife.

Thank you! Smart lady you are.
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by ochejoseph(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Op Good Work , God Bless you real Gooood

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wow, its long av heard a lady speak on issues like dis without chauvinism, thats very nice dear. Keep it up. Wish there were more like you smiley
histemple:
Absolutely on point. One of the major causes of our problems is the misplaced aggression to emulate the western culture. The nascent gender equality drive has subjected us to unfounded mendacious sentiments and has virtually made almost all our women to become feminists. And most of us are trying so hard to live an European life in Africa.
Every society operate based on their value system and cultural inclination. For instance, western countries encourage single mothers and so they are indirectly increasing the number of bastards and marriage breakups. In Africa, a woman is more dignified and respected by the society based on her ability to build an enviable home. In Africa, a respectful woman has more power and influence over a man and can get anything she wants.
To justify my point, a true african woman will appreciate this advice from a mother but it's a complete trash to a Western lady.
My fellow women, we must be truly African to live peacefully and happily in Africa as trying to be Western in Africa will result to increased frustration.
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Best thread I've come across today, this post just made my night. God bless the OP kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by domopps(m): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Op so what shld Man/Husband do to his wife or Gf? Cheat on her ? Call her names? Maltreat her? Not cater for her? Not being there for her? Make her life miserable? And if man loves the kids and not the wife no problem abi?

The writer must be a confirm RACIST! But the Irony of it all is that it's Helpful!

Cheeeeeeeers
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
iykedare:
Some hungry feminists here won't agree with no 5.
Well, these toothless internet aggressors are the most gentle in their husband's house.

And baby feminist shows up. The absence of a father figure in a person's life no good.
Unquote me ASAP. undecided
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by iykedare(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Unquote me ASAP. undecided

Go and die,biatch.

4 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by lastchild: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lol @ That no 2,so some women wear jeans 2 bed to avoid sex as a punishment to their husband
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Chinaka2014(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
This is a wonderful advise to all women who want their marriage to work out fine .
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by iRepNaija1: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

Do you even live in the West? You don't even know what you're talking about. First, children who are born out of wedlock are not bastards, they're children. Stop using such a degrading and archaic term. It's embarrassing. Second, I'm tired of people taking every opportunity to bash the west, a place some of them have never even stepped foot in, to hype up Nigeria and make themselves feel better about their standing in the world. Here's the truth about us: no one in the west cares about our "African values" (or if we're trying to live the European lifestyle) when our government can't even provide basic electricity, clean water, smooth roads, healthcare/medicine to its people.

They don't care about our "values" when our politicians openly steal while we punish the average Nigerian with jungle justice for stealing an apple. They don't care if a wife can make an enviable home when those same women are suffering from rape, domestic violence, and misogyny/sexism. They don't care if a man is the head of the household when a considerable number of them can't read, can't find employment, can't feed themselves or their families. They don't care that our GDP is the highest in Africa when more than half of our people live below the poverty line. They laugh at us. They think we're backwards and all they see is poor black people living in a poor country who are very eager to come to the west. Enough of this high horse b.s. talk because if we had such "superior values," we should have fixed our country by now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by saasala(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

Please, can I marry you?
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by iRepNaija1: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

Do you even live in the West? You don't even know what you're talking about. First, children who are born out of wedlock are not bastards, they're children. Stop using such a degrading and archaic term. It's embarrassing. Second, I'm tired of people taking every opportunity to bash the west, a place some of them have never even stepped foot in, to hype up Nigeria and make themselves feel better about their standing in the world. Here's the truth about us: no one in the west cares about our "African values" (or if we're trying to live the European lifestyle) when our government can't even provide basic electricity, clean water, smooth roads, healthcare/medicine to its people. They don't care about our "values" when our politicians openly steal while we punish the average Nigerian with jungle justice for stealing an apple. They don't care if a wife can make an enviable home when those same women are suffering from rape, domestic violence, and misogyny/sexism. They don't care if a man is the head of the household when a considerable number of them can't read, can't find employment, can't feed themselves or their families. They don't care that our GDP is the highest in Africa when more than half of our people live below the poverty line. They laugh at us. They think we're backwards and all they see is poor black people living in a poor country who are very eager to come to the west. Enough of this high horse b.s. talk because if we had such "superior values," we should have fixed our country by now.

2 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:
I am sure a man wrote this but if that's a woman, could you please tell her things are fast evolving and no lady would be a doormat these days except dumb and leech ones that know not their right and wrong.

AGGRESSOR ALERT!!!.... I just no like dis kind pple weda online or offline... Cite example wia aggression helped once... I dey wait o... But pls check d meaning of feminism in ur dictionarty first
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by MNDY(m): 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
Sublime and enlightening topics and write-ups like this is the reason why this Nairaland forum fascinates me!

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by emmatok(m): 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:
I am sure a man wrote this but if that's a woman, could you please tell her things are fast evolving and no lady would be a doormat these days except dumb and leech ones that know not their right and wrong.

And where in the post is doormat mentioned.
You women are hurting yourselves with these gender competition attitude.
Men in relationships are declining everyday even in western nation, because no man wants to add woman trouble to his existing stressful life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by CHM11: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
LaDivva:
Best thread I've come across today, this post just made my night. God bless the OP kiss
Bless you too
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
iRepNaija1:

Do you even live in the West? You don't even know what you're talking about. First, children who are born out of wedlock are not bastards, they're children. Stop using such a degrading and archaic term. It's embarrassing. Second, I'm tired of people taking every opportunity to bash the west, a place some of them have never even stepped foot in, to hype up Nigeria and make themselves feel better about their standing in the world. Here's the truth about us: no one in the west cares about our "African values" (or if we're trying to live the European lifestyle) when our government can't even provide basic electricity, clean water, smooth roads, healthcare/medicine to its people. They don't care about our "values" when our politicians openly steal while we punish the average Nigerian with jungle justice for stealing an apple. They don't care if a wife can make an enviable home when those same women are suffering from rape, domestic violence, and misogyny/sexism. They don't care if a man is the head of the household when a considerable number of them can't read, can't find employment, can't feed themselves or their families. They don't care that our GDP is the highest in Africa when more than half of our people live below the poverty line. They laugh at us. They think we're backwards and all they see is poor black people living in a poor country who are very eager to come to the west. Enough of this high horse b.s. talk because if we had such "superior values," we should have fixed our country by now.

Pls tell the west to stop trying to manipulate us or blackmailing us to accept some of their shifty way of life, for d record AFRICA is not a country, so u don't sum all of dem up n put in one basket of obsoleting criticism, cos africa is bcomin more wiser by d day... Sir/ma, d work is ongoing... We ArE AFRICA
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by MNDY(m): 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:

You are the westernized lady whom 'histemple' is talking about in her post!
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by neocortex: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

There is no need denigrating others just to shore up your self image.
Whether a woman decide to take to all , some or none of the advice above
is their private business and that of the husband.
Enough of women shaming other women because they don't conform to a "standard"
as set by some control freaks.
If you want to be a good servant wife please do.
Live and let live.

7 Likes

Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by passionate88: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dm no go gree hear na
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
[size=22pt]BEST MOM, I HOPE THE DAUGHTER USE THE ADVICE. [/size]
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by fF01(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
"no. 9"
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Sermwell(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
VictoriaBee:
You see your life? undecided continiue undecided
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by blessnija: 10:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
YOU ARE RIGHT .BUT SOMEBODY ONCE SAID A GOOD WIFE IS D PRODUCT OF A GOOD HUSBAND. AS A MAN DEAL WITH YOUR SHORT COMINGS BEFORE DEALING WITH DAT OF UR WIFE. A DISRESPECTFULL WOMAN TO MR JOHN. IF MARRIED TO MR JAMES MAY NOT BE DISRESPECTFULL.
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by imbless: 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
kandiikane:
[s][/s]

You are right, complete trash! See your mouth like truly African to live peacefully. You can't have your cake and eat it, love!
is this sarcasm or are u for real?.
Although I don't endorse that her bastards comment she made, she was way too far from the topic there.
Re: Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter by Mintek: 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
Now these are WORDS!

Kudos to whoever scribbled this out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photo. See What They Did / Checkout This Cute 4 Generation Photos / A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.