Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why (44903 Views)

15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by lalasticlala(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lagos in recent times has become safer than it was some years ago when violent robberies, car jacking and mugging are carried out even in broad day light. However, in spite of the improved security, some areas are still considered as dangerous. As a resident or visitor, you do not want to find yourself in these bus stations at night or early in the morning.

1. Estate Bus stop at Ketu-Alapere: Attacks are carried-out both day and night.

2. Berger bus stop (along OPIC–Ibadan Expressway): Criminals attack victims with guns
on the long bridge and in traffic jams.

3. First Gate junction – Agidingbi: Robbery point.

4. Boundary Bus stop in Ajegunle: Popularly referred to as the ‘one million boys’ gang territory where criminals attack passengers in vehicles.

5. Ijora Bus stop: Notorious spot for gang-rape; abduction in buses (popularly known as ‘one
chance’.

6. Mile 2 Oke: Hammers, knives, guns are used to rob motorists in traffic jam

7. Church bus stop – Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry expressway): Haven for street urchins

8. Agric Bus stop – Mile 2: Notorious area for buried arms that are used for robbery operations in the area.

9. Abule-osu Bus Stop along Mile 2 – Badagry Expressway: Drivers conspire with thugs to attack victims

10. Apongbon Bus stop: Hotbed of ‘one-chance’ bus attacks.

11. School Bus stop, along Mba – Mile 2 road in Ajegunle: Use of jack-knives and other weapons on victims

12. Bamboo area along Oworonsoki – Ibadan Expressway: a dangerous spot about 100 meters from Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop.

13: Oshodi Oke Bridge: Oshodi Oke ‘boys’ are notorious for bag snatching, pickpocketing and mugging during rush hours.

14 Bolade Bus stop Oshodi: Bolade bus stop, once noted for chaos has improved since the facelift by Lagos State. But during rush hours and late nights, mugging is common.

15. Abule Egba Traffic Light: This bus stop is noted for violent mugging and dangerous street urchin who can forcefully take your belongings and even harm you.

16. Agboju Bus stop along Badagry Expressway: Notorious for car-jacking and robbery on the go.

17 Ajah Bus stop: Sporadic clashes often breaks among rival street urchins loyal to a ‘certain chief’ and over collection of toll from commercial bus drivers. Women are alleged to have been raped at night during such clashes.

18. Costain under Bridge: Costain under bridge is dangerous at night. Mugging is common in the area.

19. Okokomaiko and Agric Bus stop: The two bus stops are noted for car jacking, mugging and disappearances.

20. Iyana Iba Bus stop: For years, Iyana Iba has been noted for violent mugging, robbery and car jacking.

http://www.naij.com/483952-20-most-dangerous-bus-stops-to-avoid-in-lagos.html

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by MosakuAW(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
All the places mention above are still far better than anywhere in the North. I will rather be robbed of my belongings than get bomb in the North.

Eko l'eko je.....

Nothing dey happen jare.

Eje kan ma bo wa....

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by buygala(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nice smiley

I now have places where I can effectively preach the Gospel smiley

*in case I no come back from the missionary journey..

TO LIVE IS CHRIST.... TO DIE IS GAIN
cool

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Panshow(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
This topic should be 20 most dangerous places that needs police and military protection, so as to call on the government to do something about it. Remember, human beings are still living there and they can't run and leave their homes. The place is for humans and not miscreants.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by ELTON123(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
......................SĤĪИƐ Y♡ƱŔ ƐYƐS ŦĤĪS ĪS ĿΛƓ♡S

1 Like

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
i better take my chances with these places than to be in chibok, sambisa, goza abi na gwoza...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by PMBfirstson(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
First gate indeep

Wait did i hit it??
Someone please tell me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
typing.....
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by itzWarner(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
I got a feeling this bus is going to front page,driver pls when you get to fp bus stop,I wan come down o
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by freshness2020: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
..in ikeja area!
Avoid "Ikeja under bridge and ikeja along" at wee hours.
..unless na "strong thing" go be ur middle name.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Precious91(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Noted
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Viktor1983(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Great Info.
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by donholy28(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
hmmm Lagos nawah o...but Op since u know these locations for criminal activities why u never commission strike team to go and arrest all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Xslaze3xd(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Where will somebody stop then

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by alaoeri: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Iyana oworo towards Ogudu & end of Eko bridge towards constain ain't safe also especially during heavy traffic.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by vosquare: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Eko o ni baje ooo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Abduletudaye(m): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
Why is Estate topping the list??

Estate is mainly known for snatching of phones and valuables from buses by these hoodlums from the bushes.

Its not as bad as the Ajegunle and Badagry areas na angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by ELTON123(m): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
Panshow:
Lala, I think this topic should be 20 most dangerous places that needs police and military protection, so as to call on the government to do something about it. Remember, human beings are still living there and they can't run and leave their homes.
bros are you from the north?? u just spoke like one ┌a┐┌b┐┌o┐┌k┐┌i┐
for my side

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by shedrack222: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
Igbo's will soon inherit lag, note am from rivers, ikwerre

na joke oookk

My visit to the US will strength US-Nigeria relationship – Buhari

[url]proudlyweb.com/my-visit-to-the-us-will-strength-us-nigeria-relationship-buhari[/url]

1 Like

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
And my house bus stop
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmm... Cele-Ijesha

2 Likes

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
vosquare:
Eko o ni baje ooo grin grin
Ko ma baje ti
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Truth24(m): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
MosakuAW:

All the places mention above are still far better than anywhere in the North. I will rather be robbed of my belongings than get bomb in the North.
Eko l'eko je.....
Nothing dey happen jare.
Eje kan ma bo wa....
Suffering and smiling
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Kingbilo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Oshodi Oke Bridge: Oshodi Oke ‘boys’ are notorious for bag snatching, pickpocketing and mugging during rush hours

Was pickpocketed here some years back phone disappeared just like magic. First and last time it will happen. Now I always cover my pockets with my shirt and make sure everything is intact once is board or alight from any bus
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by SPius: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
thank God for my state Akwa Ibom

sleep like a Baby, Go to work , no hold up, get home on time, very steady electricity in most Areas, no living in fear.

18 Likes

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by VickyRotex(f): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Na Oshodi I fear pass. cry

Choiiii... Ever since I witnessed a robbery incident in broad daylight. sad embarassed

The way I package my bag under my arm ehnnn. I no fit shout.

7 Likes

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by freeage7(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
Should I avoid those bust stop by 12pm too? Wetin do Aboju? Guy go boil beans jo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by laurel03(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
Eko akete ilu ogbon.... Na almost every part of lasgidi jare...

2 Likes

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
angry
Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by admax(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
Guy....Stop all this fake news jare, not as bad as you are painting it!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by tellwisdom: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
They will only attack you if you appear like a Mumu, walk like a Mumu and talk like a Mumu. Even street wise OTI, u no get; so why dem no go use u cure their malaria?? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why by markidoo(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
After dem go dy hala Eko ni gbaje.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Rivers State Completes Rumuola Flyover In Port Harcourt (Pictures & Video) / Man Sitting Inside The Engine Bay Of A Bus In Motion On Apapa-Oshodi Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.