Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. (78621 Views)

Snake Killed At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Gubi Campus Again (Photos) / Very Poisonous Green Snake Killed This Morning / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2015
missslimbody

grin grin
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by decountof(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2015
for naija once its a snake its mysterious.... undecidednawa oo
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by fanzz: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2015
cry I guest the money was stolen by yorubanian.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Krasid(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2015
I hope I never meet one in my lifetime.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2015
CHARLYX9:
lol.why r u teasing this bitch
No teasing....
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by sotum2: 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Dangbo:
A Mysterious Snake which has been attacking the people of Ajegunle in Ikorodu Road has finally been killed.

The Snake has been Disturbing the Community ever since( Don't Know the Actual period)Elders and people of the community has been Reporting to the (Baale) of the community about the incident .

But the Rest are story the snake has finally being Killed and the People are grateful to God and the killers of the Snake.

But i fear Naija sha the woman whose shop the snake was killed came some minutes later that her money was stolen because the snake was killed close to her shop and there was crowd looking at the killing of the snake.

SOURCE: http://hottestdaniel..com/2015/07/photo-mysterious-snake-killed-in.html

These people, will definitely need deliverance, this thread will help: https://www.nairaland.com/2414762/spiritual-warfare-deliverance-casting-out/6
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by binoosmart(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2015
See photo of mirterios snake. shoroniye?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Proffdada: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2015
Harmless snake that preys on menacing vermins in their neighborhood killed, now they have to worry about mice, rats and frogs undecided
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by MistadeRegal(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Mtchew....I was expecting to see a 60 feet anaconda
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Ephemmm: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2015
donholy28:
so what is mysterious about the snake

Don't mind them: the irony of it is that Nigerians likes to turn everything to spiritual stuff, whereas I have single-handedly killed more than 10 of these kind of snakes.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by lexkidsamshel(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2015
Dangbo:
A Mysterious Snake which has been attacking the people of Ajegunle in Ikorodu Road has finally been killed.

The Snake has been Disturbing the Community ever since( Don't Know the Actual period)Elders and people of the community has been Reporting to the (Baale) of the community about the incident .

But the Rest are story the snake has finally being Killed and the People are grateful to God and the killers of the Snake.

But i fear Naija sha the woman whose shop the snake was killed came some minutes later that her money was stolen because the snake was killed close to her shop and there was crowd looking at the killing of the snake.

SOURCE: http://hottestdaniel..com/2015/07/photo-mysterious-snake-killed-in.html
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2015
omojeesu:

1. It's a python. Nothing is mysterious about it. It is not venomous but kills by constriction, squeezing life out of it's victims slowly until they die and then swallows them from the head downwards. May not have another meal until weeks or months depending on size of last victim.

2. Snakes also bite to kill for food. This one doesn't.

3. Majority of snakes don't have venom. But nobody wants to wait to be bitten to find out.

4. A venomous snake bite in Nigeria may invariably be fatal: No ambulance service, bad traffic and no antivenom!!!

5. Snakes can easily be killed if you are bold, informed and smart, but too many are too afraid!

Good day!

Good information.

Its very funny that anytime someone kills a snake, they claim that it is a mysterious Snake.

Our people are Sooo much in love with MYSTERY, yet they refuse to learn basic Science, which tend to explain and simplify all mysterious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by solonazzy: 11:48am On Jul 10, 2015
donholy28:
so what is mysterious about the snake
I am still wondering..... Wen u c a mysterious snake, u wuld faint once
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by hahn(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

Good information.

Its very funny that anytime someone kills a snake, they claim that it is a mysterious Snake.

Our people are Sooo much in love with MYSTERY, yet they refuse to learn basic Science, which tend to explain and simplify all mysterious.

Ignorance is bliss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by omojeesu(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

Good information.

Science is great and very useful, but cant explain 'all' mysteries! Science can be manipulated for reasons best known to those who mean to.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
omojeesu:

Science is great and very useful, but cant explain 'all' mysteries! Science can be manipulated for reasons best known to those who mean to.

Rubbish.
This is the kind of crap that Africans fill their lazy half literate minds with.

Over the past few centuries, Science has been, and remains the most reliable arbiter of reality.

The is absolutely no other arbiter of reality than the scientific enterprise.

And to Correct you, science CANNNOT BEE MANIPULATED.
scientific knowledge, just like any other knowledge, can be manipulated.

The emperical scientific method has a self auditing system that weeds out rubbish over time.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by pumpz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
LMAO...hahahaha...true talk...you will surely know how mysterious a snake is after a decent bite...

let a snake bite you first the you will know they are mysterious mtchewwwwwwww.[/quote]
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

Rubbish.
This is the kind of crap that Africans fill their lazy half literate minds with.

Over the past few centuries, Science has been, and remains the most reliable arbiter of reality.

The emperical scientific method has a self auditing system that weeds out rubbish over time.
So science can explain all mysteries?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
So science can explain all mysteries?

No. It seeks to.
And so far, it explains a lot. Enough for 2 stangers like us to unanymously communicate our ideas over great distances.
If this is not the highest and most useful form of witchcraft, then I don't know what is.

Infact, any rational means of trying to understand something, no matter what, is a scientific endeavor.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

No. It seeks to.
And so far, it explains a lot. Enough for 2 stangers like us to unanymously communicate our ideas over great distances.
If this is not the highest and most useful form of witchcraft, then I don't know what is.

Infact, any rational means of trying to understand something, no matter what, is a scientific endeavor.
Good. Then philosophy is a science?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Kennycool1: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lol, niggy dey hustle, snake activate hustling mode.... grin
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
Good. Then philosophy is a science?

No sir.
Philosophy does not seek answers through the empirical method.

Philosophy merely speculates. It neither experiments, tests nor even catalogues what it speculates upon.
That's why you have a myriad of competing and opposing philosophical systems, subsystems and hybrids.

Philosophy has much in common with religion, in that one is free to make it up as You go, and then recruit followers to for self-validation.
There are no certain philosophical truths, because philosophical truths are subjective.

Scientific truths, on the other hand, are measure able, objective and universaly applicable.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

No sir.

Philosophy merely speculates. It neither experiments, tests nor even catalogues what it speculates upon.
That's why you have a myriad of competing and opposing philosophical systems, subsystems and hybrids.

Philosophy has much in common with religion, in that one is free to make it up as You go, and then recruit followers to for self-validation.
There are no certain philosophical truths, because philosophical truths are subjective.

Scientific truths, on the other hand, are measure able, objective and universaly applicable.
Good. But then your words :

'any rational means of trying to understand something, no matter what, is a scientific endeavor'

Is their no contradiction?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by MissSlimbody(f): 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
4bobo:
missslimbody

grin grin
You be proper olodoundecided
Shey u no see say na Ikorodu

tonguetonguetongue
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
Good. But then your words :

'any rational means of trying to understand something, no matter what, is a scientific endeavor'

Is their no contradiction?

I guess by ration means, I meant any process of observation and measurement.

For example : Ghosts.
whether one believes in ghosts or not, the moment we move outside speculation and then begin to catalogue so-called ghost encounters by doing psychological tests of the witnesses, do a thorough electronic sweep of the environment, taking note of weather anomalies, etc etc, then we can begin to see whether the phenomena is real but scientificaly explanable , or real but unexplanable, or simply hallucinations from frieghtened minds.

This is why I say that all phenomena are open to scientific investigations.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

I guess by ration means, I meant any process of observation and measurement.

For example : Ghosts.
whether one believes in ghosts or not, the moment we move outside speculation and then begin to catalogue so-called ghost encounters by doing psychological tests of the witnesses, do a thorough electronic sweep of the environment, taking note of weather anomalies, etc etc, then we can begin to see whether the phenomena is real but scientificaly explanable , or real but unexplanable, or simply hallucinations from frieghtened minds.

This is why I say that all phenomena are open to scientific investigations.
Good. I was with you until the last part. I thought any phenomenon must experience science before it even becomes one? That is, a phenomenon.

In essence, is a phenomenon not everything already known by science? If it is, then doesn't that imply, from your premises, that science have explained all? If it is not can we then say that science can explain all? Because I am confused here.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

No sir.

Philosophy merely speculates. It neither experiments, tests nor even catalogs what it speculates upon.

Scientific truths, on the other hand, are measure able, objective and universally applicable.

This nail must have felt the hammer - right on the buzzard

1 Like

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
voltron:

This nail must have felt the hammer - right on the buzzard
But friend is science not also philosophy?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
Good. I was with you until the last part. I thought any phenomenon must experience science before it even becomes one? That is, a phenomenon.

In essence, is a phenomenon not everything already known by science? If it is, then doesn't that imply, from your premises, that science have explained all? If it is not can we then say that science can explain all? Because I am confused here.

I don't understand your confusion.

People often say that there things that science cannot explain.
I say, not true. Science is free to explore all phenomena, and that we should employ the scientific method to explore all phenomena, including our deeply held superstitions.

For example, I can use my scientific ideas to offer you a possible (my own idea ) explanation for the ' GHOSTS' or phantom phenomenon.
The explanation will not be PROOF , but it would be more rational than the superstitions attached to the phenomenon.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
But friend is science not also philosophy?

Sure they are friends, one cannot exists in a good mood without the other though science can. I believe science is a nerdy geek on campus dealing with methods and available facts with credible theories/hypothesis on a subject matter while philosophy is that hippie undergrad whose inferential insights are drawn from available scientific knowledge without bothering with the intellectual and academic challenges of Science ... you can call it "fringe science" if you agree with the term
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by omojeesu(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

Rubbish.

Are you referring to Physics, medical, social / behavioural science or which 'science'. To what extent is science exact and absolute?

Is evolution science? Has, say, ho.mo.sexual.ity any scientific bases? How accurate are the measuring devices? How perfect is the interpretation? Will science accurately measure the ocean? or the human mind? etc

Why insult us Africans using words as 'crab', 'lazy', etc. Who are you? non African saint whose 'God' is 'Science'?

It is an error to think science can answer ALL questions about reality.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

I don't understand your confusion.

People often say that there things that science cannot explain.
I say, not true. Science is free to explore all phenomena, and that we should employ the scientific method to explore all phenomena, including our deeply held superstitions.

For example, I can use my scientific ideas to offer you a possible (my own idea ) explanation for the ' GHOSTS' or phantom phenomenon.
The explanation will not be PROOF , but it would be more rational than the superstitions attached to the phenomenon.
But isn't there a difference between exploration and discovery? You can offer anything as explanation but it doesn't make it true because it is scientific. Or does it?

I wonder. With respect to every method of inquiry why is science regarded by you as the ultimate capable of exploring and possible finding all?

Can science answer the question on the meaning of life? Why must it be science and not other methods?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lilian Adun Dies As Kitchen Gas Explodes (Photos) / Why Do Men Always Wake Up Like This In The Morning? / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.