Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,382 members, 7,954,545 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. (78814 Views)

Snake Killed At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Gubi Campus Again (Photos) / Very Poisonous Green Snake Killed This Morning / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
voltron:

Sure they are friends, one cannot exists in a good mood without the other though science can. I believe science is a nerdy geek on campus dealing with methods and available facts with credible theories/hypothesis on a subject matter while philosophy is that hippie undergrad whose inferential insights are drawn from available scientific knowledge without bothering with the intellectual and academic challenges of Science ... you can call it "fringe science" if you agree with the term
How can their be science without philosophy in the first place?

How can their even be 'facts with credible theories' without beginning with philosophy? Which predates the other?

How can science even be rational, logical and consistent without philosophy? I want to know how.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
How can their be science without philosophy in the first place?

How can their even be 'facts with credible theories' without beginning with philosophy? Which predates the other?

How can science even be rational, logical and consistent without philosophy? I want to know how.

i concur.. philosophy predates science, the art of creative thinking in a sense; dove-tails into the mental rigor of science
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
MissSlimbody:
You be proper olodoundecided
Shey u no see say na Ikorodu

tonguetonguetongue

agggrrrr. if i catch u , eh?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
But isn't there a difference between exploration and discovery? You can offer anything as explanation but it doesn't make it true because it is scientific. Or does it?

I wonder. With respect to every method of inquiry why is science regarded by you as the ultimate capable of exploring and possible finding all?

Can science answer the question on the meaning of life? Why must it be science and not other methods?

The answers are staring you in the face, sir.

Modern Humans have here for at least 250,000 yrs. In all that time, we have sacrificing all types of animals, our babies, our virgins, even our mojos, all in order to understand and appease all manners of gods, the supposed arbiter of reality.

Then just in the past 200 yrs or so, we embraced the scientific enterprise.
Well, so far, can You Not appreciate all that the scientific enterprise has gifted humankind?
What else do you need to be convinced?

The scientific enterprise has not only proved its supremacy beyond measure, but has has shown itself to be the only reliable arbiter of our reality.

What other methods can we rely upon to understand our existence and the wider universe?
Drug induced hallucinations?
We have been there, and tried that.

Science has given is the answer to purpose of existence.
The problem is that YOU don't like the answers given. So You are the obstacle, not science.

Let me ask You.
The chickens, fish and eggs and veggies you ate(terminated their lives) today, what do think was the purpose of their existence?

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

The answers are staring you in the face, sir.

Modern Humans have here for at least 250,000 yrs. In all that time, we have sacrificing all types of animals, our babies, our virgins, even our mojos, all in order to understand and appease all manners of gods, the supposed arbiter of reality.

Then just in the past 200 yrs or so, we embraced the scientific enterprise.
Well, so far, can You Not appreciate all that the scientific enterprise has gifted humankind?
What else do you need to be convinced?

The scientific enterprise has not only proved its supremacy beyond measure, but has has shown itself to be the only reliable arbiter of our reality.

What other methods can we rely upon to understand our existence and the wider universe?
Drug induced hallucinations?
We have been there, and tried that.

Science has given is the answer to purpose of existence.
The problem is that YOU don't like the answers given. So You are the obstacle, not science.

Let me ask You.
The chickens, fish and eggs and veggies you ate(terminated their lives) today, what do think was the purpose of their existence?
I wish. I don't know. What do you think it is and how does it relate with this purpose of existence? What is this purpose of existence that stares in my face?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Reyginus:
I wish. I don't know. What do you think it is and how does it relate with this purpose of existence? What is this purpose of existence that stares in my face?

Existence is what You create. You are the Creator of your own purpose.
You can live all your Life worshiping a wooden stick, a crucifix, a dead blonde haired palestinian or any number of imaginary gods in sky or on Earth.

Or, You can make the purpose of your Life exploring the wonderous mysteries of life and the universe.

Or You can just be a passive observer, who petitions the impersonal universe every few ours for help with this or that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2015
plaetton:

Existence is what You create. You are the Creator of your own purpose.
You can live all your Life worshiping a wooden stick, a crucifix, a dead blonde haired palestinian or any number of imaginary gods in sky or on Earth.

Or, You can make the purpose of your Life exploring the wonderous mysteries of life and the universe.

Or You can just be a passive observer, who petitions the impersonal universe every few ours for help with this or that.
Good. But you didn't really answer the question. The question is what is the purpose of existence and not what we make of it.

Why are we in existence instead of out of it? Does this purpose require our presence to be significant? If anything exists because of its sake what then is the difference when it is absent? Can we even call that a purpose?

Creating a problem where there is none and solving them, creating a problem where their is none and solving them, creating a problem where their is none and solving them. Repeating the process for an entire specie. How is this purposeful?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2015
Reyginus:
Good. But you didn't really answer the question. The question is what is the purpose of existence and not what we make of it.

Why are we in existence instead of out of it? Does this purpose require our presence to be significant? If anything exists because of its sake what then is the difference when it is absent? Can we even call that a purpose?

Creating a problem where there is none and solving them, creating a problem where their is none and solving them, creating a problem where their is none and solving them. Repeating the process for an entire specie. How is this purposeful?

Like I said before, purpose is what You make.
There need not be a grand purpose for existence. It is not even important, and no one should loose sleep over that.
The universe had chugging along for 14 billion years without us, and will continue long after we have been extinct.
Our lifespans are too short, too insignificant, and our consciousness too limited to grasp such even there was super grand purpose.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by MissSlimbody(f): 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
gringringringrin
4bobo:

agggrrrr. if i catch u , eh?
you can't fit do anything.
tonguetonguetonguetongue
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
plaetton:

Like I said before, purpose is what You make.
There need not be a grand purpose for existence. It is not even important, and no one should loose sleep over that.
The universe had chugging along for 14 billion years without us, and will continue long after we have been extinct.
Our lifespans are too short, too insignificant, and our consciousness too limited to grasp such even there was super grand purpose.

Okay. One last question. In what way have science answered the purpose of existence?
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by plaetton: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Reyginus:
Okay. One last question. In what way have science answered the purpose of existence?

Lol.
You keep repeating the same question.
Science never set out to find purpose.

You cannot put the cart before the horse.
Science sets out first to discover, decipher and understand the BLUEPRINT of the universe.

If we understand the BLUEPRINT in all its dimensions, then that would give us the liberty to extrapolate and speculate about its grand purpose.
Re: Photo: Mysterious Snake Killed In Ajegunle Lagos. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
You keep repeating the same question.
Science never set out to find purpose.

You cannot put the cart before the horse.
Science sets out first to discover, decipher and understand the BLUEPRINT of the universe.

If we understand the BLUEPRINT in all its dimensions, then that would give us the liberty to extrapolate and speculate about its grand purpose.
No. I am not. I had to comment when I read where you say science can explain all. If it never set out to find purpose can we then say that it can explain all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Snake Killed By Soldiers In Sambisa Forest (Photo) / Lilian Adun Dies As Kitchen Gas Explodes (Photos) / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.