Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

"Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" (2631 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship / The Yorubas Are Genetically 99.9 Percent Igbo- Study / How Yorubas Are Being Gradually Arabized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Rivertemz: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
"Yorubas are the economic backbone of Nigeria"
Claimed by this man;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uyw8SoymFs

What do you people think about his point of view?

Some of it was in Yoruba, majority in English.
He makes a point about how Yoruba contribute the majority to the country's federal funds. Whilst the Hausas and Fulanis contribute the least.

Can someone back this up please?
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Okay na... Who is he?
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Precious91(m): 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
yea.Waiting for e warriors
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Godfullsam(m): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
Where are the tribal e-warlords ?
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
Super story!
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Rivertemz: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
He also says that, if Boko haram bombs the north, Nigeria will still survive.
But if the prime areas of the Country's economy in Yoruba land is attacked, then Nigeria will fall drastically.

He says that Yorubas must claim more and be as influential as the English are over the Scots, Welsh and northern Irish.
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by psucc(m): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
Even the most hardened hater of the East, will agree that the Igbos have that.

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by funmijoyb(f): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
Chest-beaters will not agree but it is yes

2 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Rivertemz: 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
psucc:
Even the most hardened hater of the East, will agree that the Igbos have that.
That man posted some stats on his video that proves its the yorubas that have it. But we are the least to take credit for anything as a Yoruba.

Nigerian first, then Yoruba second.
But everyone else puts their tribe first.
How come?
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by macof(m): 1:46am On Jul 10, 2015
Rivertemz:

That man posted some stats on his video that proves its the yorubas that have it. But we are the least to take credit for anything as a Yoruba.

Nigerian first, then Yoruba second.
But everyone else puts their tribe first.
How come?

That is stupidity, only a silly man would put Nigeria first before his ethnicity
How can you even begin to serve Nigeria without hurting your ethnicity?
Awolowo was not a pan - Nigerian

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Rivertemz: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
macof:

That is stupidity, only a silly man would put Nigeria first before his ethnicity
How can you even begin to serve Nigeria without hurting your ethnicity?
Awolowo was not a pan - Nigerian
Exactly, that's what this man is saying about Yoruba people, they are the least tribalistic
Awolowo was a regional leader and was not put in charge of the rest, that's why he cared solely for the Yoruba.
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
even though I am Yoruba, I dont believe this.
There are a lot of fallacies here. e.g, Dogara is not Hausa/Fulani, Ditto saraki.
I do not believe that the Yoruba contribute 49% of our wealth, where are the Niger/Deltas that produce the oil? And i dont believe that we are the majority in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
My only response is that if the Niger Delta is bombed by boko haram, Nigeria will shut down economically. The oil industry funds every other industry whether directly or indirectly.
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Rivertemz: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
Teejizzle:
even though I am Yoruba, I dont believe this.
There are a lot of fallacies here. e.g, Dogara is not Hausa/Fulani, Ditto saraki.
I do not believe that the Yoruba contribute 49% of our wealth, where are the Niger/Deltas that produce the oil? And i dont believe that we are the majority in Nigeria.
true we are not the majority, but we are one of the majority.
21% Hausa, 21% Yoruba, 18% igbo, then others at smaller %
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by penukz2015(m): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yoruba what? Talk about igbos and hausas..
One point is.. If you head to every part of the country you must see hausa man doing his business.. There only bad side is they don't raise big structures. Igbos develop everywhere. But in general we Nigerians are hardworking people. No grudges

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
penukz2015:
Yoruba what? Talk about igbos and hausas..
One point is.. If you head to every part of the country you must see hausa man doing his business.. There only bad side is they don't raise big structures. Igbos develop everywhere. But in general we Nigerians are hardworking people. No grudges

All those hausas or igbos are not doing any silly business. You people have damaged the meaning of that word. The hausas sell suya, the igbos sell 40,000 worth of goods in 2x2 stores and you call it business? Then it means those Yoruba women who sell moin-moin by the road side are business people too now

1 Like

Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by Fulaman198(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nigeria would not be where she is today with the intervention of every ethnic group.
Re: "Yorubas Are The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria" by softvio(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Niger-Delta is the backbone of nigeria economy due to her mineral resources..d igbos are great explorers.. D yorubas are good host.. And the hausas are d food basket of the nation..u see every part plays a major role

#GodBlessOurUnion

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tatoo: How It Started / Is Saying "Thank You" As A Response To Someone's Greeting Appropriate? / Abuja Communities Where Girls’ Breasts Are Suppressed To Save Them From Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.