Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu (32178 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / Diezani To Visit Prophet T. B Joshua As Condition Worsens - Daily Post / Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, avoided comments on his current ordeal concerning his alleged role in the amendments made to the Senate Rules during an interaction with journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

Ekweremadu, who had yet to make public comments on his alleged involvement in the alterations imputed in the document which was used to conduct the election that led to his emergence as the DSP on June 9, however, expressed worry over the frightening spate of insurgency in the country.

He noted with dismay that the unfortunate development had attained a worrisome dimension since President Muhammadu Buhari took over power on May 29, 2015.

He said, “I am worried about the insurgence of the Boko Haram activities in Nigeria. Shortly before the inauguration of the present government, the country had almost rolled back Boko Haram and its activities in every part of Nigeria – from Adamawa to Borno to Yobe.

“I was hoping that when we come back in the 8th Assembly, that I will work with our colleagues from the North-East to develop a plan of action that will help to rehabilitate that part of Nigeria. I feel so concerned about the suffering of our people from the North-East of Nigeria.

“I had hoped that by now we would be tasking ourselves on how best to rebuild that part of Nigeria. Regrettably the actions of Boko Haram seems to have resurfaced now not only in Borno, they have carried out their activities also in Plateau, they have gone to Adamawa, Kaduna.

“I am worried that if nothing is done, the next target would be Abuja. Maybe they start going to South. It is important for us as those in government, whether Executive or Legislature, to come together to find solutions to these problems.”

He therefore appealed to neighbouring countries and the international community to support the country to roll back the activities of Boko Haram, stressing that there was no way the nation could achieve progress in the country when there were security problems.

He said the Buhari administration should, as a matter of urgency, “deal with this security challenge no matter what it would cost us.”

He also called for a collaboration between the Executive and the Legislature in order to deal with the scourge.

Ekweremadu said, “We must be on the same page on this matter. I believe that it is time for us to have meetings with the Executive as well as the security agencies in order to find out exactly what has happened – why the resurgence of these Boko Haram activities and what we can do as a people to ensure that this matter is dealt with decisively.”

He expressed sympathy with the Boko Haram victims and called for an immediate action to stop the menace.

http://www.punchng.com/news/insurgency-worsens-under-buhari-ekweremadu/

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by INTROVERT(f): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
A direct and frontal warning and attack on the president.

#democracy

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
You call someone ek-WERE-MAD-u.....and you expect him to talk with sense?

For your info:

WERE means MAD (in yoruba)

To the Wailing Wailers, I say - LOUDER!!!!

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Precious91(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
what did he do before Buhari came?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
And he still wears pampers to visit cows and posted the picture on Facebook chat undecided

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Emekamex(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
We know this

131 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by wealthyguyman(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
He is part of the government that is failing us

We don't need him stating the obvious.

He should tell us what role he has played in the fight against insurgency.

18 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by oladele97: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
I know that is your prayer..... but God is more than your selfish wish by the grace of God you will be shamed like orubebe

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by AtlanticBreeze: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
What did he expect when Nigerians sans igbos elected boko haram spiritual leader as their president?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by cheruv: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Emekamex:
We know this
Does he give Aisha mouth job?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Emekamex(m): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
cheruv:
Does he give Aisha mouth job?
Lol; be the judge

11 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Shortyy(f): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
e no concern me
Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by solarview(m): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Help us tell baba... o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Ivanspring(f): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
My thoughts exactly!

12 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by tociano009(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
grin
Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Bonapart(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
What do you expect when their godfather is now in power
Free killing
Free recruitment
Free bombing
Free sharia
Free suicide bombers

We are still watching from the sidelines with 3D lens glass

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by UnknownT: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ike's emergence as DSP will frustrate Buhari's Change Agenda - APC grin Ike, Awusa abatago Awka. They are already in the south as prisoners though hoping for their comrades to come do a "Scoffield" for them lipsrsealed cry

4 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by LesbianBoy(m): 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
Very true, even though some mad people won't admit it. Buhari's government is already failing! By the way, has anyone else noticed that the amount of 'sai baba' has reduced drastically! lipsrsealed

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by ndlife: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
[/b]Don't worry baba west germany,baba mouth action is aware[b]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by chiedu7: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
[size=14pt]BUHARI HAS NOT APPOINTED MINISTERS YET.

BOMB'S CALABAR THAT NOBODY KNOWS IS A PROBLEM.

THE SAME BOKO HARAM HE PROMISED TO DEAL WITH HE WON'T BOMB.
BUT HAS TIME TO SET BOKO HARAM MEMBERS FREE.

NO WONDER HE DISMANTLED ARMY CHECK POINTS.
HE WANTS TO AID BOKO HARAM GUYS MOVEMENT.

WE CAN SEE RESULT NOW

SINCE GMB BECAME PRESIDENT ,
NIGERIA HAS HAD INCREASE IN BOKO HARAM ACTIVITY

CHANGE ?, NO MAKE ME LAUGH
[/size]

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by jericco1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
hmm
Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Qyubee(m): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
N
Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dulllardinho is a confused terrorist.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by ganja06(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ewu your plan is to rebuild northeast, who rebuild your zone southeast after the war? Your zone is the most marginalized in the country and you want to rebuild a zone that is destroying itself. With whose money? Na northeast send you there? Even the northeast you want to rebuild has more federal presence and good roads than your zone. So you don't know they want to remove you because you are from the southeast and not because you are pdp.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by PunterTim(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Party Sentiments
Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Lordave: 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Fearless Ekeremmadu

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by ashile(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
wiais baba go slow

3 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Saphiex(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
K
Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by jonezz(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Talkin trash as usual

4 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by joseph1832(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
In just less than 50 days this man is yapping crap. I wonder where he was when Boko Haram was using our military men as target practice and kidnapped those girls in Chibok.

Surely I now believe Ike Ekweremadu needs immediate brain surgery!. tongue.

17 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by DICKtator: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
It has to worsen so that it wouldn't look like it is haypee see that sponsored them

Then Kastina and commissioner would pardon Sheiskawuhhh

Then make him minister of defence!!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu by Boyoboy9(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
DSP Ike has been d Dullard's nightmare like Wike have been giving Amaechi d lion of Ubima sleepless night cool

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

National Assembly 2016 Constituency Projects Allocation [infographic] / Why Is PDP Finding It Difficult To Suspend Governor Wike? / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.