Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists (20086 Views)

Emirs, Herdsmen Clash With N’central, Southern Leaders Over Gazing Reserves. / Gbajabiamila Will Not Be Majority Leader, Dogara Insists / Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nonsense!!!

Why the noise about zoning now?

Even if we are to talk of zoning, why North-Central again when President, Senate President (North Central) and himself are all from the North?

mtchew**
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by FreeGlobe(f): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Nonsense!!!
[s]
Why the noise about zoning now?

Even if we are to talk of zoning, why North-Central again when President, Senate President (North Central) and himself are all from the North?

mtchew**[/s]
The SW cannot produce both Deputy Speaker and Majority Leader. Nigeria is not yorubaland. Federal Character is not dead

4 Likes

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by pomporiking: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I will take a Snake I trust and that has me @ heart than a Lamb that I don't trust and that acts llike a Lion

Ffs why is dogara all of a sudden the epitome of good
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by pomporiking: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

The SW cannot produce both Deputy Speaker and Majority Leader. Nigeria is not yorubaland. Federal Character is not dead

Really!!!but its okay for dogara buhari and saraki to be from the north right cheesy cheesy
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by VirginFinder: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
PointB:
Dogora should just do what he wants and stop aiding and abetting in prolonging the saga. Gbaja is simply all talk and no action. End this saga already!!

APC loyalists in the HOR are more formidable than those in the Senate.

Gbaja will either have the House Leadership position or nominate another Yoruba from the NC.

I cant wait for July 21 to come.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by doskyval(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dogara Iڪ a man Ãήϑ i love him 4dat, these S/w wants 2cause prblm in dis country. I hope D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ knw wat it entails if d S/E nd N/C are left out in d principal positions. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ are nt going 2be there 4eva, election will eventually come again let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ see hw D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ are going 2 campaign for votes in these 2regions!
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by FreeGlobe(f): 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
pomporiking:

Really!!!but its okay for dogara buhari and saraki to be from the north right cheesy cheesy
because Nigeria belongs to the north
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by VirginFinder: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Take away Yorubaland and Nigeria is finished.

Gbaja will have the House Leadership position if his northern supporters dont desert him.

Dogara is a learner. HoR is not Senate.

1 Like

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The same Dogara that kicked against zoning and contested, defeating Gbajabiamila from the South West, where the Speakership was zoned, now talking about zoning? You can't have your cake and eat it. Gbajabiamila is the next Majority Leader.

In apc house of reps, Yes. But in National house of reps, hell No.

1 Like

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by PointB: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

APC loyalists in the HOR are more formidable than those in the Senate.

Gbaja will either have the House Leadership position or nominate another Yoruba from the NC.

I cant wait for July 21 to come.

But doesn't Dogora have a point? Yoruba already got the Deputy Speaker position, why not leave something for other regions? I know yorubas harbour inordinate resentment towards Igbos (SE), so why not let NC or SS get the Majority Leader position? Why are you people so greedy and inconsiderate? This winner take all mentallity is what's heating up the polity!

2 Likes

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by FreeGlobe(f): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

Take away Yorubaland and Nigeria is finished.

Gbaja will have the House Leadership position if his northern supporters dont desert him.

Dogara is a learner. HoR is not Senate.
If Yorubas leaving Nigeria would mark the end of Nigeria, the yorubas I know would have left long ago but contrary, its yorubas that sneeze anything there is a talk of breaking Nigeria.. Meanwhile I will like to take a bet with you against Gbajiamila emerging house leader.

3 Likes

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by pomporiking: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

because Nigeria belongs to the north

Then there is no point trying to reason with you
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by VirginFinder: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

If Yorubas leaving Nigeria would mark the end of Nigeria, the yorubas I know would have left long ago but contrary, its yorubas that sneeze anything there is a talk of breaking Nigeria.. Meanwhile I will like to take a bet with you against Gbajiamila emerging house leader.

Yorubas prefer Nigeria because we are too sophisticated to stay alone. There'll be unending civil war.

As regards the House Leadership, it's either Gbaja gets it or another Yoruba man from the SW or NC getting it. That's if his NORTHERN supporters decide to back down from supporting him.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by VirginFinder: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
PointB:

But doesn't Dogora have a point? Yoruba already got the Deputy Speaker position, why not leave something for other regions? I know yorubas harbour inordinate resentment towards Igbos (SE), so why not let NC or SS get the Majority Leader position? Why are you people so greedy and inconsiderate? This winner take all mentallity is what's heating up the polity!

Dogara is trying to whip up unnecessary sentiments.

Otherwise, he should have been against both the Senate President and Speaker coming from the 'north'.

It's too late now. Let them hold caucus elections.

1 Like

Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by buchai: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=bonechamberlain post=35692571]what dogara is doing is following PDP style of accommodating all regions, which is the best for Nigerian. APC (s/west) kicked against zoning because they felt they needed to occupy almost all positions, now their eyes are now fully open to the realities in Nigeria. that's y they keep being in opposition, they don't understand this complex country . My brother help me tell them(s/west) that that was before when they will ocuppy key positions in this country as if na only them go school pass other region in this our country. Every region must have alotment in both upper and lower chamber whether voted for president or against atleast give them that sense of belonging because if there where no equitable distributions in power it becomes marginalisation.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by FreeGlobe(f): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

[s]Yorubas prefer Nigeria because we are too sophisticated to stay alone. There'll be unending civil war.

As regards the House Leadership, it's either Gbaja gets it or another Yoruba man from the SW or NC getting it. That's if his NORTHERN supporters decide to back down from supporting him.[/s]
balderdash. I want to place a bet with you that SW will not get majority leader.. No beating around the bush
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by VirginFinder: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

balderdash. I want to place a bet with you that SW will not get majority leader.. No beating around the bush

I dont do bets!

A Yoruba person will emerge majority leader.

chikena!!
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by FreeGlobe(f): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

I dont do bets!

chikena!!
Very well... I will get back to you when the results are in but I know you will find another explanation smh
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
I will rather prefer you moderate the heading of this article. What Dogara said was that it is not morally right for a zone to produce two principal officers when some zones are left with nothing. So, the South East that has produced deputy speaker cannot produce the majority leader again, while the North central that has produced the speaker cannot produce another principal officer at the expense of federal character. Those two zones has had their fair share in the allocation of offices by having a deputy Speaker and Speaker respectively. I think he is fair enough and nationalistic by his position.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by Niwdog(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
MaziKachi:

By "southern Muslim" you obviously mean Yoruba. I pity. For igbos sha.
dont mind the iti boribo of a guy. Any little patriotism means one is qualify for the presidency
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
This guy talking about talking that gbaja must be something in the house na real mumu... So bcoz of his selfish ambition let the whole SE and NC loose?.......... In fact if the APC really mean party supremacy then let them choose the Minister's for PMB let's see..... If them no fit they should shut up their dirty loosing, smelling mouths...... SW apc (asiwaju private company) and his boys are loosers in fact let them only choose PA to 1 of Buhari's Ministers make I see.........
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by hush15: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Xetima:

Very principled. I hope he performs well, a good candidate for presidency in the future. Pairing him with a Southern Muslim can change the game.

Is Dogara not a Muslim already ?
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by zik4ever: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
hush15:

Is Dogara not a Muslim already ?
Dogara is a Christian from Bauchi State.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by hush15: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
zik4ever:

Dogara is a Christian from Bauchi State.

Very interesting.... no wonder his mentality is different. His thinking is all encompassing...
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by mensdept: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
These guys are all local touts. They are looking at needing principal officers that instead of those competent, they have to be from certain zones eh? The should have gone further and said the country needs to divide into the natural boundaries so that all these zone bull can stop.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by PhockPhockMan: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Anikulhapo:
They Are First Timers
And so what?
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by PhockPhockMan: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The same Dogara that kicked against zoning and contested, defeating Gbajabiamila from the South West, where the Speakership was zoned, now talking about zoning? You can't have your cake and eat it. Gbajabiamila is the next Majority Leader.
Sorry in advance.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by PhockPhockMan: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ayanko:
Tinubu merged the Yoruba force with the force in the north because, he believe we are always at the minority of Federal Politics. Now APC won, we are now unwanted Majority Our other brothers of south that voted PDP is now wanted minority they now have Deputy Senate President. Tinubu had made the same mistake Awolowo made during civil war. Let the south come together for a common front. Thank GEJ my hero, Mimiko my man, Fayose my gee.
You finish talk.
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by alomeda600(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
I doubt if pple lik Tambuwa, Dogara n saraki still av presidential ambition cos Tinubu might forget bt wont forgive. Last man standing against OBJ
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

I dont do bets!
chikena!!
Same way you said a Yorroba would emerge the speaker Chikena!
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by Winning123: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
DrWise:
Can't this Gbaja see that the House is not interested in giving him the Majority Leader? At time we have to let somethings slide and stop fighting everywhere.

When you look at Gbaja via a prism, all you see is Tinubu.

Why didn't Dogara do same
Re: S’east, N’central Must Have Principal Officers, Dogara Insists by AlPeter: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
are we practicing Zoneocracy or Democracy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timothy Adegoke: Case Against Adedoyin Discontinued at FCT High Court / PDP G5 Concluding Talks On Preferred Presidential Candidate – Wike (Video) / Shelve Your Planned Nationwide Protest – DSS Warns Organised Labour NLC, TUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.