Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids (34857 Views)

Bola Ige’s Murder: We Were Paid Huge Money In Abuja – Suspects / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2015
sinkhole:
Why cant our security tell logical story? It is obvious those kids know nothing about the content of what they were given, they were probably told that it was just some metal scraps!
It is obvious that the almajiri mentality and the #2500 gift motivated the kids to collect the package!
It is obvious that kids got tired of carrying "pieces of useless metals" over long distances and hence they decided to sell it (afterall its just a scrap!) and make more money!
The almajiri boys have been selling scraps before and hence they some idea about the cost of scraps, therefore there will be some hard and long bargaining with the scrap dealer!
During the long bargaining session, the bomb fuse started burning and before you know it, KABOOOM!
Arresting/maltreating the kids or the scrap dealer will lead to nowhere and they obviously have no usefull information about the bomb.
The most sensible comment so far. You just copy and paste what is in my mind. God bless you.
Most of these kids are innocent and have no usefull info. to give, also I doubt if Nigerian police have a sketch artist to draw what the kids will describe. Even at that, do we have criminal/boko haram database to compare the sketch to?
Just treat, reorient the kids and
inform the public of the new method use by the insurgents in carrying out their attacks period.

Even the man that gave them the bomb might not have a direct link to the sponsors, they are mostly proxies.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Kingspin(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2015
persius555:
Pls, try and watch aljazeera's ''The Girls Of The Taliban'' on youtube. See what they have turn islam to. Also do a search on google: Afghanistan in the 70s, see what .ussia, america and the taliban turned a prosperous afghanistan into.
leave that i do watch foreign Tv alot, the Russia, America will only come to your country and take side when their is strong internal disagreement. You forget that Dubai, Singapore Malaysia and the rest of them are muslim populated but, they have peace. So it about good orientation and laws. If u want to get muslims cheap use religion. People should relegate religion of force gospel to themselves alone and leave others. Turkey is a good example of a secular state and Nigeria should join them. Secular state doesnt belong to any religion. Even in UK and the US, there are millions of Muslims. So, if the North will make progress let them embark on massive education and reorientation..
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Kingspin(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2015
persius555:
Pls, try and watch aljazeera's ''The Girls Of The Taliban'' on youtube. See what they have turn islam to. Also do a search on google: Afghanistan in the 70s, see what .ussia, america and the taliban turned a prosperous afghanistan into.
leave that i do watch foreign stations alot, the Russia, America will only come to your country and take side when their is strong internal disagreement. You forget that Dubai, Singapore Malaysia and the rest of them are muslim populated but, they have peace. So it about good orientation and laws. If u want to get muslims cheap use religion. People should relegate religion of force gospel to themselves alone and leave others. Turkey is a good example of a secular state and Nigeria should join them. Secular state doesnt belong to any religion. Even in UK and the US, there are millions of Muslims. So, if the North will make progress let them embark on massive education and reorientation..
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by fineyemi(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:
2500? shocked shocked shocked

Poverty is a bastard! Shekau will die like a fowl
Amino

1 Like

Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Pass my law,simple.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by sean079: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
CORRECTMAN78:
This is what happen when a certain class of people chose to breed poverty.

Musa got married to Aisha, 12yrs at the age of 15, and at the age of twenty, he added two more wives. Each of them has six kids and the trend continues from parents to offspring.
No formal education, no skill acquisation!

They comes out everyday to cry poverty but they are the architect.
Nigeria is not safe but they are the cause.
Nigeria is drowning in the occean but they are the one paddling the canoe.

this is just the real cause sequential poverty chain over long generation. until this trend is stop n couple with change in family orientation nothing good will come out of the entire nothern nigeria
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Alfredmarshal(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
There was a bomb attack on Thursday in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State, the Adamawa Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr. Luka Ikpi, told journalists.

The magnitude of the explosion which extended to the state headquarters of

the FRSC, according to him, made the sector to draft its intelligence officers to the scene of the incident which was opposite the command.

He said, “When I heard the loud bang, I had to run out of my office to inquire what really happened.”

It was gathered from a resident of the state, Abraham Tunoh, that the bomb, which occurred on Thursday at the Kofare area of Yola, close to a mechanic workshop along Numan Road, was in possession of four children. The children told the police that an unknown man gave them N2, 500 to carry out the attack.

It was gathered that the Boko Haram insurgent instructed them to drop the explosive at a specific place in Bachure suburb, near the Army Barracks mainly inhabited by retired military personnel.

A police officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said two of the kid messengers who were arrested by the police told interrogators that “an unknown person gave us N2,500 to drop the explosive at the barracks.”

The boys were aged between nine and 15 years. The two arrested boys said the bag containing the explosive was too heavy for them to carry, so they had to sell it to a dustbin scavenger, whom they ran into at the nearby mechanic workshop.

The dustbin scavenger, said to have been arrested, has been helping the police in their investigation.

He told the police that while they were negotiating with the four bearers of the container, he started noticing smoke coming from it and before he could inquire about its content, it exploded, shattering his legs and injuring two of the children.

While two of them fled, the other injured two were arrested by the police.

The police source also revealed that in the ensuing confusion that followed the loud bang from the blast, two of the bearers sneaked away from the scene of the blast.

It will be recalled just a month ago, there was a bomb attack at a night market in Yola that led to the death of many persons.

Source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-were-paid-n2500-to-bomb-yola-barracks-arrested-kids/

bomb or knock out cos i cant imagine someone holding a bomb surving wit people close 2 him.mtcheeeeewww i agree 2 disagree
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by afeezmore: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Benedict44:
Now my question is " Is this not poverty that caused them to do so ? ".....God help us and deliver us from that region...
Which religion hurdeh, beneshit nah now i see how your braiiiiiiiiin be.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Hero10001: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
You got N2500 to deliver a parcel, yet you still sold the parcel?! Those kids deserve to die.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Familyfirst: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
There was a bomb attack on Thursday in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State, the Adamawa Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr. Luka Ikpi, told journalists.

the FRSC, according to him, made the sector to draft its intelligence officers to the scene of the incident which was opposite the command.

He said, “When I heard the loud bang, I had to run out of my office to inquire what really happened.”

It was gathered from a resident of the state, Abraham Tunoh, that the bomb, which occurred on Thursday at the Kofare area of Yola, close to a mechanic workshop along Numan Road, was in possession of four children. The children told the police that an unknown man gave them N2, 500 to carry out the attack.

It was gathered that the Boko Haram insurgent instructed them to drop the explosive at a specific place in Bachure suburb, near the Army Barracks mainly inhabited by retired military personnel.

A police officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said two of the kid messengers who were arrested by the police told interrogators that “an unknown person gave us N2,500 to drop the explosive at the barracks.”

The boys were aged between nine and 15 years. The two arrested boys said the bag containing the explosive was too heavy for them to carry, so they had to sell it to a dustbin scavenger, whom they ran into at the nearby mechanic workshop.

The dustbin scavenger, said to have been arrested, has been helping the police in their investigation.

He told the police that while they were negotiating with the four bearers of the container, he started noticing smoke coming from it and before he could inquire about its content, it exploded, shattering his legs and injuring two of the children.

The police source also revealed that in the ensuing confusion that followed the loud bang from the blast, two of the bearers sneaked away from the scene of the blast.

It will be recalled just a month ago, there was a bomb attack at a night market in Yola that led to the death of many persons.

Source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-were-paid-n2500-to-bomb-yola-barracks-arrested-kids/

This is parenting failure,I think all parents should visit www.familyparliament.com to learn about parenting and avoid raising children like this.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by thewarrior72: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
ironbody03:
May Allah help us
What an irony?, ur useless allah is responble for the illiteracy, ignorance, poverty & carnage going on in the north & u dare call him/her for help?.........pathetic
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by surelove(f): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
sinkhole:
Why cant our security tell logical story? It is obvious those kids know nothing about the content of what they were given, they were probably told that it was just some metal scraps!
It is obvious that the almajiri mentality and the #2500 gift motivated the kids to collect the package!
It is obvious that kids got tired of carrying "pieces of useless metals" over long distances and hence they decided to sell it (afterall its just a scrap!) and make more money!
The almajiri boys have been selling scraps before and hence they some idea about the cost of scraps, therefore there will be some hard and long bargaining with the scrap dealer!
During the long bargaining session, the bomb fuse started burning and before you know it, KABOOOM!
Arresting/maltreating the kids or the scrap dealer will lead to nowhere and they obviously have no usefull information about the bomb.

This is not about logic, according to the report those boys are old enough to ask questions or reject the offer. Down here in the south, those boys would have bargain the price.

Boys: Oga na N7000 you go pay o
BH: To carry this small thing go drop for there nai be 7K?
Boys: If na small thing make you go drop am na
BH: Ok i go give una N2500
Boys: Oga e be like say you no serious.
(Walks away)
Poverty and lack of common sense is the cause. I remember during my service year, I served in one of the core northern states, I decided to stay among the villagers so i can learn their language and culture. I noticed a woman in my neighbourhood, she has 6 children and eldest is about 13, ofcouse the husband has other wives so he's not always around. This woman wakes up every 4am to fry bambara. So one day I approached her and asked her how much she makes in a day after selling and she said N200-N230. I was touched and she does that everyday. Today I have one of her daughters with me and she's in primary one now.
So please our northern brothers ands sisters lets not keep waiting for government to do this or do that, lets take up the responsibility. School fees is just N500 in government schools(yes) and some parents still cant afford it.

You will save someone's life if you pick one almajiri off the street.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by ojinuocheibi(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
Badosqi:
#2,500!!! Poverty and lack of education.

Yet northerns have ruled this country more than any other region but they still remain the poorest and most backward region in this obodo Nigeria.

How can a stranger deceive you with money to go and kill people?
Babaonechane you better do something fast, enough of these bad news coming from your people.
When I read your comment I shake my head. You are like the northerners who collect 2500 to deliver a bomb and also like their leaders who had rule this country for years because your understanding is narrow.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by nurez(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
N2500 not $250000000
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Daniel058(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Is not Shekau's fault that the northern elite use religion and poverty to keep the masses in check in the north.

The massive brain washing done by religion calls for concern in this country. And I've said it that until we do anyway with this foreign culture we call christianity and Islam, Nigeria our country will not move forward, we will keep going round in circles.
sir, is JOSEPH a Nigerian name. .? angry
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by joseph1832(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
Daniel058:
sir, is JOSEPH a Nigerian name. .? angry
The name Joseph traces it origin to the Hebrew people because of its biblical origin, now, it has evolved into an English name.

So to answer your question, Joseph, is not a Nigerian name.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Daniel058(m): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
joseph1832:
The name Joseph traces it origin to the Hebrew people because of its biblical origin, now, it has evolved into an English name.

So to answer your question, Joseph, is not a Nigerian name.
that means you are also part of the foreign religion. .. bro at least I have never heard of "CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS" Islam and Christian are never, and can never be the same. smiley
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by joseph1832(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Daniel058:
that means you are also part of the foreign religion. .. bro at least I have never heard of "CHRISTIAN TERRORISTS" Islam and Christian are never, and can never be the same. smiley
You assume too much. What on Earth makes you think my name is Joseph. Just because my moniker is Joseph18.32 doesn't mean my name is. So my good man, I am in no way part of the foreign religion you so speak of.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by SenatorJames(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Please are these children part of "Leaders of tomorrow"?

#2500. May God help this country.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chibaba247:
Poverty in d north is a major cause of dis insurgency

Did poverty also make British, america n French citizens join Isis
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by YakubuA: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
thewarrior72:

What an irony?, ur useless allah is responble for the illiteracy, ignorance, poverty & carnage going on in the north & u dare call him/her for help?.........pathetic

And what brought about this your blasphemy? If it is ignorant I pray for God to guide you otherwise you shall surely meet Him one day and answer to Him.
Meanwhile let me educate you a little. You see every language in this world has a name or even names for God (which is His English name). In Aramaic (the language of Jesus) He is call Elai, in Hebrew (Jewish language) is call ElohIm and in Arabic is call Allah. Do a simple search and you will discover that all the three have the same origin being semetic languages.

We Muslims prefer to call God Allah because is one of His names mentioned in the Qur'án (The Holy Book). In addition the word Allah has no plural unlike the word God (Gods - plural), also the word Allah has no gender unlike the word God (God - masculine, Goddess - feminine). For this reasons we prefer to call Him Allah.

For us in Islam Allah (God) cannot be held responsible for Human actions because He told us in the scriptures that every human shall account for his/her actions. Now with this in mind when we see atrocities committed by humans we call Him to save/rescue us and there is nothing wrong with that since He is the Creator of those humans. Our God (Allah) is also not a human but The Creator of humans (just like a manufacturer of a car is not a car but a car manufacturer). As the Creator of this universe also He is not inside this universe (just like a manufacturer of a car is not inside the material components of a car). Rather He is Omnipotent and the Ultimate Creator.
I hope this shade more light for you why the we say May Allah help us.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Chibaba247(m): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
chuna1985:

Did poverty also make British, america n French citizens join Isis
do dey collect 2500 just to detonate bombs? No! They joined ISIS just cos of their belief and ideology.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chibaba247:
do dey collect 2500 just to detonate bombs? No! They joined ISIS just cos of their belief and ideology.

That shows u that belief is what drives all Muslims in terrorism. Not poverty
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by YakubuA: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
chuna1985:

Please how many Muslims have you met in your life that you conclude all over 1.7billion of them are involve in terrorism or is this just out of hatred?

And what do you know about the Muslims belief that you arrive at this conclusion?
For your information the whole population of the Arab countries is a fraction of the Muslim population and even then only a tiny fraction of them that are involve in this isis and boko haram issue out of misunderstanding. So what kind of judgment is it that you judge the entire Muslims (over 1.7 billions) by the action of a very tiny fraction of them i.e less than 1%? Pls be sincere.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Chibaba247(m): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
chuna1985:

bt d article says dat the little boys don't even know wat dey were carrying.all dey wanted was just money
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
YakubuA:

Please how many Muslims have you met in your life that you conclude all over 1.7billion of them are involve in terrorism or is this just out of hatred?

And what do you know about the Muslims belief that you arrive at this conclusion?
For your information the whole population of the Arab countries is a fraction of the Muslim population and even then only a tiny fraction of them that are involve in this isis and boko haram issue out of misunderstanding. So what kind of judgment is it that you judge the entire Muslims (over 1.7 billions) by the action of a very tiny fraction of them i.e less than 1%? Pls be sincere.

All terror networks are Muslim based n call on Allah n fight for him too.

Boko haram, Isis, Alqueda, Al shabab, etc r all Muslims, be sincere n agree
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chibaba247:
bt d article says dat the little boys don't even know wat dey were carrying.all dey wanted was just money

ur contradicting urself.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by YakubuA: 5:58am On Jul 11, 2015
chuna1985:

All terror networks are Muslim based n call on Allah n fight for him too.

Boko haram, Isis, Alqueda, Al shabab, etc r all Muslims, be sincere n agree

There is a difference between being a Muslim and doing Islamic action. A person can be a Muslim but his/her action may be un-Islamic. What I am saying is, just because a Muslim perform an action does not make the action Islamic. What make the action Islamic is if the action is supported by correct evidence from the sources of Islam i.e Qur'an, Sunnah, Ijamaasahaba and Qiyas as practiced by the Messenger of Islam. Islam has never supported the killing of innocent people, Islam has never support conversion of anyone by force. These prohibitions are clearly stated in the Qur'an. So just because a Muslim or some Muslims err and do wrong does not imply that Islam is wrong or is in support of it.

Similarly when the crusaders captured the city of Jesrussalem from the Muslims they sloughtered the Muslims until blood flow like water on the street of Jerussalem. All Muslims are aware of this fact but nobody blame Christianity or Jesus or God for that. The blame goes to the crusaders who misunderstood the message of Jesus.
Or when Hitler (a very dedicated Christian) killed 6million Jews we never apportion the blame to Christianity but rather to Hitler.

By all standards it is absolutely wrong to judge 1.7billion Muslims only by the action of less than 1% of us.
This is the objectivity that your comment lack hence it warranted me to question your sincerity on the issue.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by Mckennedy: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:

Source:

upon all the loots yet poverty still ravaging all over the North... illiteracy is the most deadliest disease.
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by simdam500(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nigerians and the country Nigeria... grin

How we got here is always amusing...
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by YurFatHer: 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
hmmmmmm
Re: We Were Paid N2,500 To Bomb Yola Barracks – Arrested Kids by ironbody03(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2015
What an irony?, ur useless allah is responble for the illiteracy, ignorance, poverty & carnage going on in the north & u dare call him/her for help?.........pathetic[/quote]

You most be out of your mind for sayin that sad
Bleep YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ipob And Passengers Drag And Beat A Driver To Coma In Asaba For Hitting A Woman / APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki / Pregnant Teenage Girls Rescued Along With Other Boko Haram Sex Slaves. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.