Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! (14679 Views)

How To Remove Monkey Test & Time Service Malware From An MTK Android Phone / How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently / Monkey Test And Time Service Malware On Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by lawflec(m): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2015
pls android gurus in the house. Got my phone some few months ago,Tecno L6 but recently, if i minimize the operation it brings this app that i ve never used:monkeyTest and Time service. its not really giving any adverse effect or malfunction but want to know what its all about, ve uninstalled it severally yet it keeps popping up again.
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by sorextee(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2015
PROBABLY A BACKGROUND TEST ON UR PHONE.. DID U ROOT THE FONE?
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by lawflec(m): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2015
sorextee:
PROBABLY A BACKGROUND TEST ON UR PHONE.. DID U ROOT THE FONE?
yea but it was when it started that i rooted it so i can uninstall it but it keeps coming up again
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by Whada: 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Here's a quick solution I used to fix the same problem. It's a malware that has recently started to infect android stock ROMs

1. Download and install Lucky Patcher on your device (if your phone is rooted, fine, if it’s not don’t bother).

2. Open Lucky Patcher and select “MonkeyTest” from the list of apps displayed

3. Select “Tools” from the list of menu

4. Then select “Disable Package (Freeze)”.

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for “Time Service” and any other auto-installing apps on your device.

I've provided an extensive explanation you can read up here https://whadatobexy./2015/07/20/my-frustrating-experience-with-timeservice-monkeytest-and-other-auto-installing-android-apps/
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by lawflec(m): 1:34am On Aug 08, 2015
Whada:
Here's a quick solution I used to fix the same problem. It's a malware that has recently started to infect android stock ROMs

1. Download and install Lucky Patcher on your device (if your phone is rooted, fine, if it’s not don’t bother).

2. Open Lucky Patcher and select “MonkeyTest” from the list of apps displayed

3. Select “Tools” from the list of menu

4. Then select “Disable Package (Freeze)”.

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for “Time Service” and any other auto-installing apps on your device.

I've provided an extensive explanation you can read up here https://whadatobexy./2015/07/20/my-frustrating-experience-with-timeservice-monkeytest-and-other-auto-installing-android-apps/
thanks man. but no optuon 4 . i only saw ' clone app and uninstall app which do i choose
. also saw back up and share app
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by Whada: 2:26am On Aug 19, 2015
lawflec:
thanks man. but no optuon 4 . i only saw ' clone app and uninstall app which do i choose
. also saw back up and share app

Maybe you need the latest version of lucky patcher. When you click an app, within lucky patcher, you will see options like
App Info
Launch App
Open Menu of Patches
Tools
Uninstall App
Clear Data

Click the "Tools" menu and you will see other options like
Clone application (it work not for all)
Disable package (Freeze)
Move to/system/app
Backup
ODEX this app
Share this app

Click the "Disable Package (Freeze)" option.
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by Sabeey5: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2015
what if ur phone aint rooted? What can i do pls?
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by Alabasta(m): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED....AND REMEMBER, LUCKY PATCHER OR TITANIUM WILL ONLY FREEZE AND NOT REMOVE THE VIRUS. YOU HAVE TO DELETE SOME FILES BEFORE YOU CAN BE FREE FROM THIS TROJAN AND ITS TWIN SISTER "TIME SERVICE".
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by EUGENE4GOO(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
I am also experiencing this. In short, am tired of it
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by idsamson: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Alabasta:
YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED....AND REMEMBER, LUCKY PATCHER OR TITANIUM WILL ONLY FREEZE AND NOT REMOVE THE VIRUS. YOU HAVE TO DELETE SOME FILES BEFORE YOU CAN BE FREE FROM THIS TROJAN AND ITS TWIN SISTER "TIME SERVICE".
what are the files I need to delete
Re: Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 21, 2015
unfortunately phone has stopped. please help me tackle this I CNT receive calls. my phone is virtually useless

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Glo 1GB For 100 Naira And 3GB For 500 Naira / Mtn - Android Data Settings / We're Being Misled By Some Xiaomi Faithfuls And Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.