Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigerian Policeman’s Hand Cut Off In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Bus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Policeman’s Hand Cut Off In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Bus (2106 Views)

Fuel Tank Spotted Inside A Bus (Photo) / Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / Accident Involving A Bus, Jeep And Keke At Falomo Round About (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Policeman’s Hand Cut Off In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Bus by shamecurls(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nigerian Police Officer Loses Hand In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Danfo Bus Driver.A very overzealous police officer was trying to collect his usual Eguje (bribe) somewhere in Lagos yesterday when he suddenly became an amputee.

According to a source, before the unfortunate incident, the unidentified policeman pictured above was trying to arrest the driver of the bus because he refused to pay bribe.

In a bid to force the driver to stop, the Oga police performed a Jackie Chan-like stunt and jumped inside the bus.

When the bus driver saw him, he tried to speed off so as to shake him off his steering wheel.

In the process, the driver lost control of the bus and hit a barrier and somersaulted severally.

The condition of the driver is still unknown at the time of this report.

http://nigeriacamera.net/nigerian-policemans-hand-cut-off-in-fatal-accident-while-trying-to-arrest-a-bus-driver/

Re: Nigerian Policeman’s Hand Cut Off In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Bus by Abugab(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
Imagine?
He is even an officer for that matter.
When people don't apply common sense in the course of what they do, whatever befalls them becomes their cup of tea.
What happens to getting the driver's number and laying a trap for him later?
Isn't it safety first any more?
Didn't the officer think that anything could happened to other road users, pedestrians, hawkers, driver and even himself?
I am sure he will have stories to tell others on what you get when one throws caution to the wind.
A career just closed here just because of a moment of lost of control on himself.
It's a pity
But again, that vehicle doesn't look like a Lagos danfo na, op?
Re: Nigerian Policeman’s Hand Cut Off In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Bus by absoluteSuccess: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
Be careful anytime you see driver and police locking horns and dragging steering, stave clear. One day at the glass house, Obafemi Awolowo way, I stood low looking at the newspaper headlines under the bridge. minutes later I began hearing gunshots. People stood alert and began to run. But I said 'I have to see what is pursuing me first.' Then I remember that gun will not spare me because i'm reasonable. As I began to run like others the woman selling newspaper followed. I just had a crash behind me, I ran towards Oba Akran. As I look behind, I heard a horror cry behind me, a woman has been crushed against the jagged stone of the round about by LT bus, both legs condemned. She was the vendor. The driver was running from police task force thru kodesoh str, only to ruin a woman's career. Augaust 18, 2007 my NDE. i dont pray for such scene to unfold before me ever again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policeman’s Hand Cut Off In Fatal Accident While Trying To Arrest A Bus by yungchief(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nigeria Police injurin themselves cus of #50 since 1820....

I will say he got wat he deserves....

Tryna rip where he didn't sow..

(1) (Reply)

Car Headrests. / Which Car Can I Get From 400k To 500k / Toyota Prado 2009 Rough Shift Plus Ac Not Working Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.