Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

What Must I Do To Be Saved ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Be Saved ? (544 Views)

How God Healed, Saved And Delivered Me From HIV (My Story) / How Could A Hypothetical Blind And Deaf Man Be Saved? / Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Must I Do To Be Saved ? by tunde4top(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Many religious people are now atheist today due to lack of realistic, and commonsense-oriented answer exposed to them by their religion on this question. This question is a straight forward and absolute question, that needs a unique, and direct answer, but to my greatest surprise, many religions and some so called Christians cannot give a manifest-able, realistic, and executable criteria as answer to this question. If the religion or version of religion that you practice failed in this aspect, then know that the religion is not real, because this is a fundamental question that form the basis of all religions . Some so called Christians will answer you by saying "confess your sins, go to church regularly, completely abstain from sin, you must begin to live a righteous lifestyle e.t.c". These criterias are good, but can a man born from both man and woman live a righteous lifestyle, or do good? (romans3:10-12)). The person giving these criterias as answer knows deep down in his heart that he will never live to fulfill such criterias, unless he is not alive to reality. If Muhammad could not say plainly that he achieved this (talk less of your chief imam that will keep telling you that he is still trying to live a righteous lifestyle), then who are you to practice or believe what is plainly glaring to be fictitious. That alone has falsified your religion. How does the bible actually answer this question ?
john3:16 says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believe should not perish, but have an everlasting life
john6:40 and this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the son and believeth on him may have an everlasting life.
mark16:15 Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel (good news) to every creature, and whosoever believe and is baptized shall be saved, and whosoever believe not, shall be dawned.
john6:47 verily, verily, i say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

A jailor directly asked apostle Paul and Silas this great question in act16:30 "and he brought them out and said sirs, what must i do to be saved ? act16:31 "and they said, believe on the lord Jesus, and thou shall be saved with thou house"
It is very easy to see that the answers are unique and centered on one word "believe" , but the question now is "what is that particular thing that you are to believe in Jesus, that will produce salvation ?"
romans10:9 If thou shall confess with thou mouth the lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the death, thou shall be saved.
It is also easy to see from above verses that we are to believe on the death, burial and particularly resurrection of Jesus. His death, burial, and resurrection accomplished what primary purpose that produces salvation? john1:29 The next day, john seeth Jesus coming unto him and saith, behold the lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the whole world. 1corintian15:3 For i delivered unto you first of all that which i also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures. verse4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to scriptures. act10:43 to him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. l
in summary. The only sure, real and authentic way to be saved , is by believing that Jesus died for your sins, buried and resurrected back the third day for your justification. that is what we call the good news (gospel of Jesus) that saves. it is the truth that you must know to be set free from condemnation. it is the only might, and strength of God to save mankind. it will cost you nothing to acknowledge/receive this truth. the choice to eternal life or death lies in your hands alone. god is eager to see you making the decision of salvation. 1timothy2:3-4 for this is good acceptable and in the sight of God our savior, who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth john8:32 and ye shall know the truth, and it shall set you free. john14:6 Jesus said unto him (Thomas), i am the way (not a way shower), the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father except through me.
written by tunde4top
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved ? by tunde4top(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=tunde4top post=35706005]Many religious people are now atheist today due to lack of realistic, and commonsense-oriented answer exposed to them by their religion on this question. This question is a straight forward and absolute question, that needs a unique, and direct answer, but to my greatest surprise, many religions and some so called Christians cannot give a manifest-able, realistic, and executable criteria as answer to this question. If the religion or version of religion that you practice failed in this aspect, then know that the religion is not real, because this is a fundamental question that form the basis of all religions . Some so called Christians will answer you by saying "confess your sins, go to church regularly, completely abstain from sin, you must begin to live a righteous lifestyle e.t.c". These criterias are good, but can a man born from both man and woman live a righteous lifestyle, or do good? (romans3:10-12)). The person giving these criterias as answer knows deep down in his heart that he will never live to fulfill such criterias, unless he is not alive to reality.
If Muhammad could not say plainly that he achieved this (talk less of your chief imam that will keep telling you that he is still trying to live a righteous lifestyle), then who are you to practice or believe what is plainly glaring to be fictitious. That alone has falsified your religion. How does the bible actually answer this question ?
john3:16 says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believe should not perish, but have an everlasting life
john6:40 and this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the son and believeth on him may have an everlasting life.
mark16:15 Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel (good news) to every creature, and whosoever believe and is baptized shall be saved, and whosoever believe not, shall be dawned.
john6:47 verily, verily, i say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

A jailor directly asked apostle Paul and Silas this great question in act16:30 "and he brought them out and said sirs, what must i do to be saved ? act16:31 "and they said, believe on the lord Jesus, and thou shall be saved with thou house"
It is very easy to see that the answers are unique and centered on one word "believe" , but the question now is "what is that particular thing that you are to believe in Jesus, that will produce salvation ?"
romans10:9 If thou shall confess with thou mouth the lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the death, thou shall be saved.
It is also easy to see from above verses that we are to believe on the death, burial and particularly resurrection of Jesus.

His death, burial, and resurrection accomplished what primary purpose that produces salvation? john1:29 The next day, john seeth Jesus coming unto him and saith, behold the lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the whole world. 1corintian15:3 For i delivered unto you first of all that which i also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures. verse4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to scriptures. act10:43 to him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. l
in summary. The only sure, real and authentic way to be saved , is by believing that Jesus died for your sins, buried and resurrected back the third day for your justification. that is what we call the good news (gospel of Jesus) that saves. it is the truth that you must know to be set free from condemnation. it is the only might, and strength of God to save mankind. it will cost you nothing to acknowledge/receive this truth. the choice to eternal life or death lies in your hands alone. god is eager to see you making the decision of salvation.

1timothy2:3-4 for this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior, who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of truth
john8:32 and ye shall know the truth, and it shall set you free. john14:6 Jesus said unto him (Thomas), i am the way (not a way shower), the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father except through me

written by tunde4top

(1) (Reply)

The Blood... How Many Times Does It Have To Wash A Sinner? / Emmanuel Adebayor Shares His First Message As A Muslim / Obama Gay Agenda Runs Into Headwinds In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.