Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut (1961 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari & Osinbajo Smiling Before His Departure To London / Senate ready for 50% pay cut / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by spott(m): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
i love PMB dieeeeeeee
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by san316(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nice one there.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by CyberWolf: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
angry who are they deceiving? Let them take 50% allowance instead, then we know they are serious..
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by AZeD1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Fairgodwin:
All these pay cut doesn't affect all their major allowances, I suppose.
Just their basic salary, which is not even much in the first place. I want the pay cut to include all their allowances and basic salary, and then I'd be truly glad and see them as 'progressives.'
Allowances are calculated based on salaries so if salaries are reduced by 50% percent, it also means all allowances are reduced by 50%.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by anonimi: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
raumdeuter:
Change is a gradual process

Have you seen the PUBLIC declaration of assets by Brainless Bubu since 29 May abi we go wait till fullness of time ni?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608988_obams_jpga864abdd8ccbf76b03513eef4858bbe0
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
they have decided grin grin grin

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by anonimi: 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
AZeD1:
Allowances are calculated based on salaries so if salaries are reduced by 50% percent, it also means all allowances are reduced by 50%.

The Aso Villa feeding budget also and the presidential jet maintenance budget and the presidential motorcade convoy fuel budget are "calculated based on salaries"

See gobe grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Shortyy(f): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
next he will trek to his hometown Dura while people are being bombed everyday. Nigerians don't need these "show offs" act man! act!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by anonimi: 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Fairgodwin(m): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
AZeD1:

I beg to disagree.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by san316(m): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
What Tanoids could not do in 6yrs, PMB has done it in two months. Remember when Tanoid in chief, David Mark was fuming from the nose because Ribadu said he should cut their pay.

All hail Nigeria, the change is here.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by AZeD1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
anonimi:

The Aso Villa feeding budget also and the presidential jet maintenance budget and the presidential motorcade convoy fuel budget are "calculated based on salaries"

See gobe grin grin
Are those items personally paid to Buhari? Besides can you remind us who prepared the budget for those items you listed?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by AZeD1(m): 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Fairgodwin:

I beg to disagree.
You own the right disagree.

https://www.nairaland.com/2042218/special-report-salary-nigerian-senators

The above thread contains the salary of Nigerian senators kindly educate yourself on how allowances are calculated.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kudos to President Buhari and Osinbajo for taking the decision to cut down government's overhead. Gov. Ikpeazu of Abia State was the first then this one.

President Buhari's Annual Salary is N4 million plus, which means he is giving up N2.4 million translating to N200,000 per month.

Do you know that Buhari's 4 years salary is almost equivalent to the amount he used in buying APC presidential form?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Commendable but not altogether unexpected gesture by The President and The Vice-President! Known to
the immediate Finance Minister is the fact that PMB had chosen overtime not to receive his full entitlement as a former Head of State and would always return what he considers excess. PYO has always been a successful legal practitioner cum academic whose personal gross takes the shine off his emoluments as The
Nigerian Vice President! These are men who can hold their own anywhere on earth and are applauded! Lesson for all politicians - PMB/PYO are saying "we are not here to chop" i.e. "we are not in this for the money/perks". I expect other political office holders to take the cue and make the necessary sacrifices Nigeria deserves to get us outta the doldrums!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
anonimi:

..................to SCAM us big time embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2571027_buharipoker_jpeg226b8276c6a021ac1a07f80d2f9b8246

Don't just have your say; make it meaningful!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Candyrain(m): 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
Let them keep deceiving us. The bulk of the money they get is not from their salaries but their allowances. I'm sure they can even afford to give up their entire salaries just to deceive the gullible Nigerians. If they can slash their total allowance package by 50% then I'll be certain they are ready to reduce cost of governance.
RUBBISH!!!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
Fairgodwin:
All these pay cut doesn't affect all their major allowances, I suppose.
Just their basic salary, which is not even much in the first place. I want the pay cut to include all their allowances and basic salary, and then I'd be truly glad and see them as 'progressives.'
You just said you SUPPOSE, get your facts straight and right. Peace
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
Candyrain:
Let them keep deceiving us. The bulk of the money they get is not from their salaries but their allowances. I'm sure they can even afford to give up their entire salaries just to deceive the gullible Nigerians. If they can slash their total allowance package by 50% then I'll be certain they are ready to reduce cost of governance.
RUBBISH!!!
Cabdyrain! Are you sure?? What is rubbish now ontop wetin you're not even sure of. HBP na sure tin 4 person wey dey vex anyhow oo.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
odeotito:

Don't just have your say; make it meaningful!
Lol. Another joker
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Candyrain(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Cabdyrain! Are you sure?? What is rubbish now ontop wetin you're not even sure of. HBP na sure tin 4 person wey dey vex anyhow oo.

Sorry for the late reply and yes I'm sure of what I'm saying. Take a look at this. This is for National Assembly members, if they are getting these what do you think the president and his VP will be getting in salary and allowance?

http://www.naij.com/442040-see-the-salaries-and-allowance-of-national-assembly-members.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyer Arrested By DSS For Writing Against Buhari On Facebook / ** / If You Stand Against My Anti-corruption Fight I Will Crush You – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.