Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% (43868 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo Talks In London: Cabinet Shake-Up Likely / Photo Of President Buhari & Osinbajo Smiling Before His Departure To London / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Fourwinds: 4:24am On Jul 11, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Both of you should stop deceiving urself,we knw Politicians don't make their money from salaries,declare ur asset now so that at d end of ur tenure,we would knw how much you have
he will do dat publicly. But did u ask GEJ dis question when he was there?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by obakore20(m): 4:31am On Jul 11, 2015
What about his security vote that is worth more than thrice his salary. Does he want the man. Who earns 18000NGN to follow suit too, no never. Let him also cut his security vote too or better still forfeit it then we can give him the applaud.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by InvertedHammer: 5:08am On Jul 11, 2015
/
I expect denial from the Presidential spokesperson in a few days.

Pattern of behavior is developing...

\
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Badguytinz(m): 5:15am On Jul 11, 2015
spott:
Chai!!!!! I JUST LOVE THIS MAN!!!!

This is what we call leadership by example.

'Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for their people' - Nelson Mandela

Buhari is a true leader.... no qualms

MUMU TaNoids will still complain about this ... dey no dey tire? grin

modified:
the guy below me needs b 2 given just 50 hot lashes publicly

Ohh pls what is 7 mil? Beans compared to the money Nigeria has
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by tiger28: 5:31am On Jul 11, 2015
sotall:
please try another trick, this one is too obvious

Announce to us that you are taking only 50% of your salary but there are other avenues through which you plan to loot the treasury
if it was such a trick, why haven't any of Nigeria's president ever thought of doing this "TRICK" in the history of Nigeria??Jonathan, with all his stolen billion never thought about slashing his own salary abi?Mumu! !
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by knostbrown01(m): 6:01am On Jul 11, 2015
Fourwinds:
he will do dat publicly. His assets have been verified which GEJ never dare to do.
I argued such with pro pdp, but bowed to my ignorance when i was shown fact. Gej assets was verified secretly too.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/jonathan-has-declared-assets-bureau-chairman/
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by drnoel: 6:02am On Jul 11, 2015
spott:

modified:

Still not enof till it is officially their approved salary structure for all political positions. We are complaining seriously.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Brytawon(m): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2015
Adonbelivit...
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by donttouch: 6:17am On Jul 11, 2015
Na today?

Na so Rochas slash him own in 2011 and promised to donate it to the education sector, but today he has looted the state dry and have been owing teachers for more than 1 year.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Aystarz: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2015
sweatlana:
How does this affect the price of fuel at n120?

My friend declare your assets!

Propaganda king

The man is one million and one times better than the one u call ur hero/role model. Can't you just see? Oh well, I forgot, the average Tanoid wouldn't recognize a good deed even if it smacked his bum. Reason? They've been far too brutally used and condemned to the bad(corrupt) scheme of things by their political fathers over the years. It's ever ingrained in their thinking faculty. No way out, sorry Nigeria's wailing wailers. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by FEROH: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Mr president have shown leadership by example and that is good. That is to show how humane he is. I'm not against it. But there is something we the youths the so called leaders of tomorrow are forgeting. How does this secure our future? How does cutting his earnings creat employment which is the bigest prob in this country? How does it improve the leaving standards of Nigerians? How does it improve our Naira that is falling everyday? And how does it improve the economy of Nigeria in general?
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by MRWINSOME: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2015
With all modesty buhari is not a politician but a leader. God bless you pmb
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2015
Fourwinds:
he will do dat publicly. But did u ask GEJ dis question when he was there?
GEJ and Yaradua did it in 2007,its no big deal
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by naijanaso: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2015
Nonsense! We all know that their salaries is not the bomb but their allowances. They should have slashed their allowances not the salaries. What sense does it make when you drop N7m and still collect hundred of millions.
Anyways, we thank them but wetin that one go fit help us do?
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by eightsin(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Slash allowances and not salary.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Wizlove(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2015
what is left now is for them to be showing Nigerians the alert on their phones every months as it comes. Still propagating in their normal ways.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by ammyluv2002(f): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2015
B3sty:
We love this. Waiting for them to slash their allowances as well.
Their allowances is where the money is....their basic salary isn't that big
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by RexRoy(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2015
K... Still waiting for them to announce a cut-down in their allowances
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by MusaPada4(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2015
What an exemplary leadership...Oh Lord instill in me such a virtue as a leader, Amen!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by overlord77: 8:18am On Jul 11, 2015
spott:

modified:

What leadership by example are you talking about, 50% cut in salary is utter hogwash. If you must know, a 50% slash in one's basic salary doesnt mean shit. the bulk of their income go to their other benefits. Ask someone that works in any oil and gas and you will know the basic is rubbish.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Kenobus: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
No matter how the press launder the GMB/DD image by saying he refused to take a N400m car or cut salary by 50%(imagine as salary is Ngr's issue); he has nothing to offer. He is a confirmed non starter! Leaders b4 cut their salaries yet nobody gave that headlines! The vehicle was processed b4 but the sound and genuine leader said it should wait for the new regime, only for unnecessary hype! Why don't the Dullard go and use a 504? Common promise of public asset declaration, he can't because of the billions in it, aka El-Rufai- N90b
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Nellybii: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Guy leave story...you no fit publish assets dey reduce salary...useless mallam...

I can see you just hate anything North. Hmmm this is pathetic. Unfortunately you cannot live without the north. Even if you are granted your South East kingdom of Biafra today you will still have Northern Biafra. SMH
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by hon4real(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2015
Can you hear the amount of monies being called everyday as looted funds from the federal to the states and down to the local government? Do you know how many digits the funds are valued? BILLION DOLLARS! BILLION DOLLARS!! BILLION DOLLARS!!! Imagine if Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, Lucky Igbinedion and other corrupt former governors have slashed or outrightly rejected their salaries what difference would it have amounted to compared to the BILLIONS stolen? In four years Pres. Buhari would have earned N56,235,280:00k which in the Dollar value is $244,501.217. What is this amount compared to what the magic pen of the President or even state governors can sign out within 3seconds? It is a good and very commendable gesture from the president, V.P and other state governors to have slashed their salaries but I’d prefer you collect what you are entitled to and leave the commonwealth for the masses to benefit from it through development in all spheres than trying to remove our gaze from you while you dip your hands into public funds……and what a deep dip that will be! Because the next thing we will hear after your term in office is missing/stolen BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!! Nobody holy pass eh (in Tuface’s voice) ….Shine your eyes naija we’ve suffered enough! God bless Nigerians and Nigeria!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by mayorkyzo: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2015
Nellybii:

I can see you just hate anything North. Hmmm this is pathetic. Unfortunately you cannot live without the north. Even if you are granted your South East kingdom of Biafra today you will still have Northern Biafra. SMH
I don't hate the north..i hate hypocrites..he said he would declare assets he didn't..and now he's reducing salary..smh..by the way I'm not from the south east...
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by amaben2020(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2015
Bflexing:

Allowance is calculated as a percentage of basic salary sir. So as basic salary is reduced, allowance will definitely reduce. Understand??
that's a lie Bro, Kano state governor slashed his and also slashed all allowance
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Intendy: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2015
etenyong:

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-osinbajo-slash-salary-by-50/
what the clueless one could not do in 5 years plus achieved in 40 day. 7up the difference is clear
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by kipesco(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2015
StOla:
Shame to the heartless PDP.

N1Billion for presidential feeding. Fleet of presidential jets. Even plans to buy 5 new bullet proof vehicles in this austere period was already in the priority list of the irresponsible Jonathan.

A shoeless childhood is the recipe for an irresponsible adulthood.

Why him no go buy wey orna wan kill am.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by light004: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2015
spott:

modified:

You deserve 200 strokes. Tell Buhari to tell us his security votes and other allowances. They shd stop the deceit, the elections are over.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by no1madman(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2015
LMAyedun:
Okay! Next news plsss!
I dnt have time to read this kinda hypocritical news from Buhari again.
fuckin Hypocrital!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by Dcaliphate(m): 9:55am On Jul 11, 2015
LagosBoi2:
God bless PMB/PYO.

I can never regret voting for CHANGE!!
go ahead and console your sorry self
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50% by orlawaley: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2015
Throw banana 4 monkeys....equation begins,let B represent d banana thrower,and let C rep.the receivers after thrown d bananas so u can have time to d wot ever u want, na 2day E don tay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar / Lawmakers Reject Buhari's Invitation To Dinner / Akinwumi Adeshina Dressed Like King Mswati III Eswatini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.