Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. (2189 Views)

Andy Uba Stops At Uga, Takes Lunch With Pupils Of Girls High School Uga / Fashola Chilling At A 'Mama Put' In Oyo During Inspection (Photos) / Photos : See How Pupils Going To School Died While Crossing A Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tiwaz(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is the state of education in Oyo state where pupils go to school with writing desks daily?

http://www.nigerianewsheadlines.com/?p=1667

Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by INTROVERT(f): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
And their opon imo

1 Like

Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tpiander: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
many states, this is Nigeria after all.

1 Like

Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tpiander: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
And their opon imo

why does everyone keep calling your moniker all the time?

una join nl together ni?
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by kestolove95(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is d uncommon transformation
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by delishpot: 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
For real? Daily?
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tpiar: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
delishpot:
For real? Daily?

yes, it happens sometimes.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by Visocrate(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
this must be public school Nigeria God help us.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by delishpot: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
tpiar:

yes, it happens sometimes.

Kids these days are seeing hell o. Hiw can we expect them to learn and be smart? Our leaders are a bunch of idiots I tell you.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by IGBOSON1: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Eze goes to school!
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tpiar: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
delishpot:

Kids these days are seeing hell o. Hiw can we expect them to learn and be smart? Our leaders are a bunch of idiots I tell you.

carrying your desk to school doesn't prevent you from learning or being smart? Admittedly though, it might take more effort to be focused.

Our forefathers learned under trees and so on, not a big deal although of course the govt should improve the learning environments in these modern times.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by delishpot: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
tpiar:

carrying your desk to school doesn't prevent you from being smart?

Our forefathers learned under trees and so on, not a big deal although of course the govt should improve the learning environments in these modern times.

Dd your forefather carry his tree on his head to and fro school daily? And how many forefathers that learnt under trees became scientists and doctors? Abegi, this is not primary school jor we are talking secondary school here. Carrying your desk and chair to and from school daily? Abegi.

3 Likes

Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by temitemi1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
APC... 'Change' grin grin cheesy
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by temitemi1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
kestolove95:
This is d uncommon CHANGE.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is most likely school resumption period or even freshers.
There's no way these kids can do this daily

1 Like

Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by olapluto(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
I did this 20 years ago in my primary school days. This looks like Ondo state though.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tpiar: 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
^ because of that iroko sign?
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by Begonia(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
It's shameful.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by DaBullIT(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
tiwaz:
[s]This is the state of education in Oyo state where pupils go to school with writing desks daily?
http://www.nigerianewsheadlines.com/?p=1667
[/s]Big fat lie from Evil Tanoids

Everyone who has been in public school knows that students carry thier lockers home just once every third term break and when they return for holidays / when they return from a strike , they do not carry it everyday

Stop lying

2 Likes

Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by olawalefelix: 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
kestolove95:
This is d uncommon transformation
it has been lik dis even during my secondary school days,so know wat to say.I finish 2002
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by tpiar: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
delishpot:

Dd your forefather carry his desk on his head to and fro school daily?

yes, he could have, so?

Did your own forefather not carry farm produce on his own head daily? Or where are you from? You be oyinbo ni?

And how many forefathers that learnt under trees became scientists and doctors?

Most did go on to get higher education in different fields, they studied overseas mostly.

Abegi, this is not primary school jor we are talking secondary school here. Carrying your desk and chair to and from school daily? Abegi.

there is no need to get hyper over a picture.

it happens, end of.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by doublewisdom: 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
That's APC sophistication!
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
The Wailing Wailers are at it again...
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by fatdon2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
God have messi shocked
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by delishpot: 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
tpiar:

yes, he could have, so?

Did your own forefather not carry farm produce on his own head daily? Or where are you from? You be oyinbo ni?

Most did go on to get higher education in different fields, they studied overseas mostly.

there is no need to get hyper over a picture.

it happens, end of.

Ok sir. I don hear you.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by delishpot: 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
tpiar:

carrying your desk to school doesn't prevent you from learning or being smart? Admittedly though, it might take more effort to be focused.

Yeah, I know kids carry lockers and chairs home after each term or school year and carry them back when school resumes. At least, that was what we did then. That was why a I asked OP if it was a daily thing.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
everyday?
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by Adekorya: 12:23am On Jul 11, 2015
No Big Deal

I can beat my chest without any fear of contradiction that I once did such
But my own is different

We only took it home after the closured of term and brought it back wen we are resuming for new term.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by delpee(f): 12:29am On Jul 11, 2015
Standards have fallen so badly in the SW. The governors need to do a lot more than road construction and making fancy projects ( like Airport) a priority in the face of declining performance of students in examinations. It's so bad in some areas that some students can hardly construct two correct sentences in English!

For those of us who benefited from the good education system of the past in Oyo State/Old Western Region, it's disheartening each time we touch base or meet current students from our once highly esteemed schools.

A trip to GCI, QSI, Loyola or St Anne's to name a few will break even a hardened heart. Tinubu got it right by handing over some schools back to the owners. Igbobi, St Greg's, Finbarrs, Ansarudeen, CMS grams,etc are better off today and inspire competition between them and the public schools.

Let's hope Oyo State will consider letting go of some so as to concentrate its finances on the others and improve on the infrastructure, teacher training and better management of the students for good performance.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by pazienza(m): 12:45am On Jul 11, 2015
This is third term nah. It's customary for secondary students in public state schools to carry their lockers home at the end of each third term section.

This is because, the third term break is a long one, and most of the public schools lack security, if you leave you locker in school, chances of it getting stolen by thieves are very high.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by modskiller(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2015
^your head correct.

This made me remember my secondary school days when LUKU breaks our lockers when we've gone home and sells our Texts for a stipend. Luku is now a hardened area boy.
Re: See How Pupils Go To School In Oyo State With Their Writing Desks. by gratiaeo(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2015
This people are so backward

(1) (2) (Reply)

MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. / We Will Pay Your Outstanding Allowances Soon – FG Begs Ex-niger Delta Militants / PHOTOS: Major Shut Down In Edo Community As Pastor Ize-iyamu Visits For Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.