Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo (25054 Views)

You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo / Checkout Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-bello's New Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Mogidi: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2015
So OBJ is not only hated by outsiders, he's also hated at home, by his children for that matter.
Anyway any father who sleeps with his son's wife deserve to die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by damilareoye: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2015
still healthy

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by toluxa1(m): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2015

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Jeel: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2015
This ppl fight never finish
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by ZionJay(m): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2015
So?
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by sonnyudoh(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Op use this news to cook stew please.m hungry
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by burnagee(f): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2015
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d3aebdc5 #amen by era gee ft oye. Prod by vianbeats...enjoy and pls RBbC.add bbbm 26EAA389
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by anonimi: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2015
Why does this old man like to disgrace himself so

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VajteEACp-0/VWnJvQZbwcI/AAAAAAAABCI/GdDumz-Epp0/s1600/OBASANJO%2BINAUGURAL.jpg[/img]
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2015
barcanista:
obasanjo really served God and humanity by witholding Lagos LGA funds, destroying our country, pusuing 3rd term ambition among other "godly" acts.

Although that withholding Lag funds had more to do with whether states had right to create extra LGA....which was where the issue took off from.

Not to defend OBJ...but this was one of the big issues of his regime.Even mentioned before the Supreme Court...ie the LG issue.
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by refreshrate: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2015
ephemm:
I wish lots of Nigerians know this man as much as I do; I worked with him, and like every human he may have his shortcomings, but in general he has a good heart for Nigeria, Nigerians and humanity.

God bless U baba

Throws up all over comment
...till no one can see anything written again

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by ajaopopo: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2015
There is one that is saying is a son to Obasanjo. He stay in Asaba is name is Yinka. Buh I surprised Obasanjo didn't mention is name.
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by anonimi: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
cheddahboy:
Iyabo Na Bastard.

Because OBJ is an impotent man who cannot father a child

See stewpidity on full parole shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2239496_2118967img2015020711260_jpeg3d7e1c5f623d3b4860033fec372a0f84

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by anonimi: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2015
ajaopopo:
There is one that is saying is a son to Obasanjo. He stay in Asaba is name is Yinka. Buh I surprised Obasanjo didn't mention is name.

As the man dey behave like dog permanently on heat, he may be one of his other chilfren.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by ajepako(f): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2015
Obasanjo House of commotion!

Mad papa

Insane pikin!

Perfect match!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by lucianohase(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2015
Karlman:
AND YOU WOULD HAVE DIED THERE IF YOU WERE NOT DEFEATED IN YOUR THIRD TERM BID

GREEDY OLD MAN WHO THINKS NIGERIA IS HIS OYSTER
lol....very greedy oh! Ebora abi ebola of owu....

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Ilaje44(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2015
g4everybody:
You would have been respected more if actually you acted as a true stateman after your 8 years in office like Adbusalami, Gowon, IBB. Instead, you where busy running down your successor government, drafting an 18 page letter filled with lies while you cant even put together your dysfunctional family

So you mean to say IBB of all crooks is more revered than Obasanjo? What Obasanjo did to Jonathan was Jonathan's own doing. Jonathan is a disloyal and incompetent individual. And he listened to idiotic opinions from people who have no knowledge about human administration which is about building bridges. Regardless of his shortcomings, in today's Nigeria, Obasanjo is arguably the most influential human being.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by xeeco: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2015
Pity Iyabo, she is sowing a seed of rebellion and shame against her father which she must surely reap if she does not repent. Whatever its is you can not confront your parent head long. In worst case scenario you only avoid them.
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by anonimi: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2015
ephemm:
I wish lots of Nigerians know this man as much as I do; I worked with him, and like every human he may have his shortcomings, but in general he has a good heart for Nigeria, Nigerians and humanity.

God bless U baba

Those who knew Adolf Hitler closely and 'benefited' from his largesse would say the same about the devil personified angry

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2015
You are gaming with us. When God decides, you will all perish undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by anonimi: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2015
Ilaje44:

So you mean to say IBB of all crooks is more revered than Obasanjo? What Obasanjo did to Jonathan was Jonathan's own doing. Jonathan is a disloyal and incompetent individual.
[
Was OBJ loyal to IBB & Co who released him from prison, financed his campaign
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2015
Nnemuka:

I guess his good heart also pushed him to sleep with his daughter inlaw. Ayama....
As gbenga wife loved him but couldn't say no to obj. hahaha...grown-asss women don't even know their husbands once interests and money are involved.

Come o...obj ran out of names for his squad dayo and another dayo...haha.
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Masculity(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
He really served God by sleeping with his daughter inlaw.

amebogrin
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by itsMrIke(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2015
Serve God and humanity indeed.
Shut UP Old man!!!
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Ilaje44(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2015
anonimi:

[
Was OBJ loyal to IBB & Co who released him from prison, financed his campaign

May be you need to read about the history of your country before you ask questions. Beside, how did Obasanjo betray IBB? If anyone should be grateful that Nigeria has not consumed him yet, then it should be IBB, because he's the one that brought Nigeria into this abyss in the first place. Where people are complaining of betrayal, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida certainly should not open his mouth at all.
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by teebaxy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
barcanista:
obasanjo really served God and humanity by witholding Lagos LGA funds, destroying our country, pusuing 3rd term ambition among other "godly" acts.
What about the good things he did while in office, abi he no do any good thing ni... nobody can satisfy nigerians...i just wonder why you can't encourage ur fa her to contest for president of nigeria, since you see him as a beta candidate. mtwee.
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Seunpaul01(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
He really served God by sleeping with his daughter inlaw.

Chaii, nigerians, how do u know professor-rumour. U just expressed it as if u were there wen he did it. REPENT from ur gossip ways
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
“She burst out loudly, ‘I know you will join and
you will die there and if you die, I will not
weep.’
“I told her ‘if I die and you weep, it is for
yourself and others, not for me as I will not
know you are weeping.’
This Baba ehn...lol
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by betov: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=spiritfada post=35725989]Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that his eldest daughter, Iyabo, told him he was going to die in office.

The former President also said his daughter said if that should happen, she would not weep for him.

The former President said he, nevertheless, replied his daughter that such would not mean anything to him since he would not be there to appreciate it.

Obasanjo, who said this in his controversial book, MY WATCH, said that was Iyabo’s submission when he informed her and three of his other children about his desire to contest the 1999 Presidential election.

The meeting with the four children, which he said came after he had consulted almost all those that mattered before joining the presidential race, was held in New York.

He said it was ironic that Iyabo became a senator during his tenure.

Meanwhile, before being elected a senator, Iyabo was appointed a commissioner by Otunba Gbenga Daniel, while he was serving as governor of Ogun State.

Obasanjo said, “My mind was almost made up (to vie for the position of President) but I had to consult with my children. I got four of them together in New York.

“I told them I was going to decide whether to go into politics or not. Iyabo was the most antagonistic.

“She burst out loudly, ‘I know you will join and you will die there and if you die, I will not weep.’

“I told her ‘if I die and you weep, it is for yourself and others, not for me as I will not know you are weeping.’

“It is ironic that within 10 years, Iyabo became a Senator and I completed two terms of eight years without a scratch.”

The former President added that out of the four children in attendance when he spoke with them, it was only Segun who he said, had a few words of encouragement.

The son, according to Obasanjo, said, “Daddy, you have always said that we must serve God and humanity and if this is the way you have chosen to serve God and humanity, I will pray for you.”

With those words from his son coupled with the words of encouragement he said he got from those he had spoken with earlier, the Owu-born retired general said “the die was almost cast.”

In the book, Obasanjo also mentioned the names of his 21 children. He was however silent on the number of his wives or the mothers of the children.

Five of the children are holders of PhD in different fields.

The children are Iyabo (PhD), who is the eldest; Busola, Segun(PhD), Gbenga(PhD), Deboye, Muyiwa, Funke, Bola (PhD) and Seun (PhD).

Also listed were Dare, Kofo, Dayo, Biyi, Bisoye, Damilola, Jonwo, Bunmi, Funso, Dayo, Toyosi and Bukola.

The listing and mentioning of the names of his children was the first time the two-time President of Nigeria, would publicly talk about his children.

In the book, Obasanjo also extolled his late wife, Stella who he said had to contend with violent nature of his divorced wife.

He said he decided to bring Stella to his house after the dissolution of his first marriage in a Lagos High Court by Justice Dosumu. Stella, he added, was “one of the women who had children for me.”

The former President noted that in the course of his marriage to Stella, she handled four major issues most admirably.

The issues, according to him, included “constant harassment at home through telephone calls and name-calling, and physical and violent confrontation in the streets by my divorced wife.”

Obasanjo added that Stella tried to avoid exchange, but said that he got at least one report of close combat where both inflicted wounds on each other at his farm when he was not there.

He also commended his late wife for taking proper care of his other children and also visiting him on many occasions while he was in Jos and Yola prisons.

He regretted the death of the former First Lady, who he said was very close to him, but added that it was after her death that he got to know that the desire to celebrate her 60th birthday made her to embark on stomach operation without his knowledge.

Obasanjo said that it was after her burial that he decided to look into the circumstances that led to her death.

He said in the book, “After her death, I found out the circumstances of her death. I found out that part of her sixtieth birthday anniversary, which was unknown to me, was her operation for her tummy and her shape.

“This was carried out in Spain. The doctor was careless,” he said, adding that with the help of the Nigerian Embassy in Spain and the Spanish Authority, he was able to prosecute the doctor and the hospital.

Though he said he realised that once a life has been lost it life cannot be brought back. He said he was of the opinion that successful prosecution could prevent similar carelessness and loss of life in future.

The doctor, he said, was made to pay damages while his licence was withdrawn for a considerable period of time.

He said Olu, Stella’s son, collected “whatever damages were paid.”

The former president said he was however sad when he heard that some Nigerians were carrying rumours that he might have caused the death of his wife “to sacrifice her for success in my job.”

“That is how wicked and satanic some Nigerians can be in their rumours and mischief,” the former President added ,like seriously tried his best,
the entire yorubas ar proud of u
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Taich(m): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Baba what about the owerri woman?
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Wildrage: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Used to like this man until his pettiness supplanted every positives in his xter . The only noteworthy part of the interview are the last two paragraphs where he spoke about the wicked rumour peddled about his wife's death. It's like the wicked are never aware of the harm they cause others until they are visited with the same wickedness they do to others. I hope he's able to sleep well at night with the damage he caused GEJ, especially the unfounded and wicked allegation of a thousand snipers being trained for political assassination
Re: Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
IdiAmin1:
And you actually thought you didn't die, eekwa grandpa?

Ihea I di o wu ndu? undecided
grin I wu onye uzo ulo, aturu'm asi undecided
grin
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Avoid Illicit Affairs With Our Girls Or Face Gods’ Wrath', Agatu LG Boss To NAF / Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Oshiomhole And Obaseki Laughing Out Loud / Governor Masari Inspects Projects By 2am In Katsina (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.