Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,553 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. (592 Views)

"Missing OAU Law Student" Found!!! / Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University / PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by olawoyintolani: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2015
Bilamin Babalola became blind when he
was struck by a chronic eye disease as a
toddler . But , despite his visual
impairment , this student of University of
Ilorin
( UNILORIN) is determined to become a
lawyer . .
A sudden loss of sight has aborted many dreams, but
to Bilamin Babalola , anyone whose dreams die after
losing his or her sight does not have a dream .
Although, Bilamin is visually- impaired , he sees
beyond his current circumstance and visualises what
many of his contemporaries do not see.
Bilamin was barely two when he was struck by a
chronic eye disease , which rendered him blind . But ,
he does not want to allow that to limit him.
He may be blind , but he visualises being a Senior
Advocate of Nigeria ( SAN ) in futre . A tall dream ,
many would say , considering the rigours of studying
law ; but Bilamin is determined to live his dream .
To Bilamin, blindness is not a barrier . “ Seeing with
two eyes is not a requisite to become a lawyer , but
skills , ” he said , adding : “ My inability to see does not
pose a challenge so long as I have conviction to do
what I want to do . ”
With confidence , Bilamin said he has the intellect to
achieve his aim . Before his admission into the
University of Ilorin ( UNILORIN ) to study law , Bilamin,
an indigene of Oyo State, took the Cambridge
Advance Level programme at Education Advancement
Centre in Ibadan . There, his ability was underrated by
his colleagues , who thought he would not do well in
his studies .
Bilamin left the school as the best graduating student
in Arts.
He was denied admission severally to study Law
because he is physically challenged. “ I was denied
admission to study law many times despite my
success at the Cambridge Advance Level
Examinations . Although some universities complained
that they don ’ t have the facilities for training special
people like me . However, I remained hopeful that one
day, my wishful thinking would gravitate into reality , ”
he said.
On why he insisted on studying Law , Bilamin said....please read the full story here
http://www.olawoyinmustapha..nl/2015/07/blind-student-with-big-dream-story-of.html?m=1

Re: Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by Macwytt(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2015
Op
Re: Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by nairamaverick(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2015
Poor formatting angry
Re: Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by olawoyintolani: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2015
nairamaverick:
Poor formatting angry
thanks sir for your correction *bows*
Re: Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by nairamaverick(m): 9:00am On Jul 11, 2015
olawoyintolani:

thanks sir for your correction *bows*

You welcome
Re: Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by GraceInUSA: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Good for him. I know of 3 blind students in Igbinedion hostel in AAU. One in law. I don't know of the rest. They are roommates. Despite their challenge, they didn't let it pull them down and yet some people will refuse schooling because one of their limb is amputated or for any silly reason.
Re: Story Of BILYAMIN A Blind Law Student Of The Better By Far University. by olawoyintolani: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2015
GraceInUSA:
Good for him. I know of 3 blind students in Igbinedion hostel in AAU. One in law. I don't know of the rest. They are roommates. Despite their challenge, they didn't let it pull them down and yet some people will refuse schooling because one of their limb is amputated or for any silly reason.

the message they are passing is that there is ability in disability,, being disabled is not an excuse for not making it.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Over For 2010/2011 Imsu Law Students / University Of Jos. Unijos 2015/2016 Post Utme Form..o7o39293182 / Apply For The 2016 G200 Youth Forum, Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.