Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp (20109 Views)

Sierra Leone Mudslide: Obasanjo & Tony Elumelu Visit Victims In Hospital (Pics) / Tony Elumelu's Tweet On Fashola's Appointment / Osinbajo At Tony Elumelu Bootcamp 2015 Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
DMainMan:
but y prof like to de wear dat cloth

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na swag!
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by DMainMan: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Governor Nasir El Rufai speech was fantastic.
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by DMainMan: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Governor Nasir El Rufai speech was fantastic. Prof was also awesome. But omo dat Benin Prime Minister tall o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
totalhouse:

Sam Nwanze is more like a brother to me. Nice hearing that he is going places. Not surprise though.

He's a great financial analyst.. He should consider being a lecturer in Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge..
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
DMainMan:
Governor Nasir El Rufai speech was fantastic. Prof was also awesome. But omo dat Benin Prime Minister tall o

Hehehehe, we should be of same height or I may be a bit taller than him..
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by feedburner(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:
Mallam Nasir El Rufai, speaks on what government can do to create an enabling environment for entrepreneurs.

He just called Prof Yemi national president of short people and called himself a member.. grin

Cc.. Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun, etc.

but he has/stole 90bn?
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
feedburner:

but he has/stole 90bn?

Hehehehe, none of my business right now.. When it gets time to discuss politics, then I go after him.. grin cheesy
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by MissAma(f): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
This is very interesting OP,thanks for the update but I suggest you concentrate fully and later you give us updates after the program has ended or better still later in the day.
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by feedburner(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, none of my business right now.. When it gets time to discuss politics, then I go after him.. grin cheesy

hehehe grin all those programs self. talk is cheap. lie is sweet grin
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
MissAma:
This is very interesting OP,thanks for the update but I suggest you concentrate fully and later you give us updates after the program has ended or better still later in the day.

No wahala!
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by lexy2014: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:

There are many apprentices who go into business but never goes more than feeding themselves or living OK, without growing their businesses to a big brand. Entrepreneurship training matters and helps a lot. Some people are born with it, such that even without education, they still make it big. Some needs the to be trained!
in d real sense u don't learn how 2b an entrepreneur by going 2 seminar. Entrepreneurship is a practical discipline, u learn on d streets, d hard way not inside classroom. That's d model ibos use but most of us want 2b like tony elumelu without learning d trade. That's d first thing, learn d trade. That's what apprenticeship affords u. There are many apprentices who have grown their businesses so its all about vision

1 Like

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by lexy2014: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Anywhere I can get that enterprenuership information is a welcomed idea.
u don't learn how 2b an entrepreneur in d classroom or in a seminar, u learn it on d streets. That's d benefit of being an apprentice. It gives u an opportunity 2 learn d trade inside out from a mentor. These are things seminar won't give u, it doesn't matter d facilitator. Its what I call d Ibo model of business. U get 2 understand d dynamics of d trade and learn how 2 make decisions on d go. Seminars are great but honestly its just grammar just like AU summit or Davos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
lexy2014:
u don't learn how 2b an entrepreneur in d classroom or in a seminar, u learn it on d streets. That's d benefit of being an apprentice. It gives u an opportunity 2 learn d trade inside out from a mentor. These are things seminar won't give u, it doesn't matter d facilitator. Its what I call d Ibo model of business. U get 2 understand d dynamics of d trade and learn how 2 make decisions on d go. Seminars are great but honestly its just grammar just like AU summit or Davos

Alright. Ok. I get your point now. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by MissAma(f): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol okay @ op
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by totalhouse(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:

He's a great financial analyst.. He should consider being a lecturer in Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge..
He has been at it for so long. I remembered I invited him to our church about 10years ago to teach on entrepreneurship.He is humble and blessed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
lexy2014:
in d real sense u don't learn how 2b an entrepreneur by going 2 seminar. Entrepreneurship is a practical discipline, u learn on d streets, d hard way not inside classroom. That's d model ibos use but most of want 2b like tony elumelu without learning d trade. That's d first thing, learn d trade. That's what apprenticeship affords u. There are many apprentices who have grown their businesses so its all about vision

What do you think's the first thing we were taught on the online mentorship and learning portal? "GET OUT OF THE BUILDING".. Everything that makes up an entrepreneur was taught on the 12 weeks online program and the boot camp kind of sums it up. All the researches we carried out and everything that has to do with our businesses were mostly done out of the building while compilation and analysis was done inside the building.

I bet making a business plan is also a classroom project to you huh? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by lexy2014: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:

What do you think's the first thing we were taught on the online mentorship and learning portal? "GET OUT OF THE BUILDING".. Everything that makes up an entrepreneur was taught on the 12 weeks online program and the boot camp kind of sums it up. All the researches we carried out and everything that has to do with out businesses were mostly done out of the building while compilation and analysis was done inside the building.

I bet making a business plan is also a classroom project to you huh? undecided
"I bet making a business plan is also a classroom project to you huh?"

I don't understand what u mean by d above but all u said is mostly academic. Thru out your training, there was no exposure 2 any trade under d mentorship of anyone. Hope I got u right? Did they teach u were 2 get goods? How 2 relate with customs and d authorities? How 2 transport your goods 2d market? did they teach u how 2 knock on doors when it matters? Did u get practical experience with different shades of customers with different temperaments? Wish u all d best sha
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
lexy2014:

I don't understand what u mean by d above but all u said is mostly academic. Thru out your training, there was no exposure 2 any trade under d mentorship of anyone. Hope I got u right? Did they teach u were 2 get goods? How 2 relate with customs and d authorities? How 2 transport your goods 2d market? did they teach u how 2 knock on doors when it matters? Did u get practical experience with different shades of customers with different temperaments? Wish u all d best sha

Technical skills is what you're expected to have or acquire thru recruitment. Entrepreneurial skills is what was thought. Nonetheless, there was a kind of stress on having the skills or knowing the business you're going into very well.

I know of so many welders, carpenters, shoemakers, etc. They strive to make money to feed even with all their skills. They have no business strategy, no knowledge of how to manage cash flow, no knowledge of business valuation, no knowledge how to keep the income statement positive, no knowledge of how to brand their products, no knowledge of how to market their products and to the right market, no knowledge of how networking helps build business, etc. How will their businesses grow then?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Man and women! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by Royalejr(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pick 'n' Mix your way to a complete digital marketing toolkit by choosing up to five courses that address the areas you want to work on. You can take these courses on dates to suit you - weekend only.

SEO + SOCIAL + EMAIL + PPC + CONTENT + ANALYTICS

For More Information about us: http://vibewebsolutions.com/solutions/digital-marketing-training-course/
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by kaboninc(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
lexy2014:

These same entrepreneurs, after building empires and institutions, employ facilitators, coaches and organise seminars and workshops to mentor their protege.

Why do you think they consider the importance/benefit of having seminars?
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by kaboninc(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
lexy2014:

So all the training they got is a waste? So formal education is now useless? So because I go to school to study Accountancy and all through my schooling, because I did not relate with a REAL firm, even when I was given case examples and samples, all my studying efforts were in vain abi?

That's the sum total of all you wrote up there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by lexy2014: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:

Technical skills is what you're expected to have or acquire thru recruitment. Entrepreneurial skills is what was thought. Nonetheless, there was a kind of stress on having the skills or knowing the business you're going into very well.

I know of so many welders, carpenters, shoemakers, etc. They strive to make money to feed even with all their skills. They have no business strategy, no knowledge of how to manage cash flow, no knowledge of business valuation, no knowledge how to keep the income statement positive, no knowledge of how to brand their products, no knowledge of how to market their products and to the right market, no knowledge of how networking helps build business, etc. How will their businesses grow then?
its alright. All d best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by lexy2014: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
kaboninc:

These same entrepreneurs, after building empires and institutions, employ facilitators, coaches and organise seminars and workshops to mentor their protege.

Why do you think they consider the importance/benefit of having seminars?
I don't know. Do u?
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by lexy2014: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
kaboninc:

So all the training they got is a waste? So formal education is now useless? So because I go to school to study Accountancy and all through my schooling, because I did not relate with a REAL firm, even when I was given case examples and samples, all my studying efforts were in vain abi?

That's the sum total of all you wrote up there.
are u seeking clarification or are u summarizing?
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by amokeme(f): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
feran14:

amokeme... come and see how they tushed up LT 2
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by mindworx: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
The Program #TEEP is supposed to stream live here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exghf6bbbPc

Let me know if anyone can view it. I tried but it says video was interrupted.
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by amokeme(f): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:
Man and women! cheesy
and why is he looking at her that way? undecided
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
amokeme:
and why is he looking at her that way? undecided

He's gone already... Would have helped you ask him... grin
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by francizy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
mindworx:
The Program #TEEP is supposed to stream live here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exghf6bbbPc

Let me know if anyone can view it. I tried but it says video was interrupted.

Same here.. Video interrupted.. I'll try get a link from them to view it when am home..
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
francizy:

This is beyond just ordinary seminar bro.. We've been in this for over 6 weeks and this boot camp kind of rounds the whole stuff up. Also, the end result is a TEEP fund.. Go figure.. wink
please when is the next season starting up? Wanna apply for the next season, but i think business registration, made me not to apply it.
Re: Live At The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Boot Camp by nigerianvenom(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
dearpreye:

It's crazy. Our habits and attention determines our tomorrow. Nothing more.
Well, dearpreye, I've always agreed to and liked most of ur comment, but wont agree with you on this..

Do u really thing most nairaland are that poor or not involved in one entrepreneurship or the other?
Personally, i dont believe in all these seminars and talks cos it leads to no destination. Any sane man doesn't need TEEP or any of its kind to be inspired. Really business world is different from seminars/workshops world, if u think I'm lying, ask innocent chukwuma, ifeanyi uba and co.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onnoghen Is Being Arraigned In Court, Babchir Is Campaigning For Buhari - Reno O / NECO Registrar, Godswill Obioma Died Of Natural Causes - Family / 2 Signs APC Is Not Ready To Govern After Buhari By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.