Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience (30913 Views)

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by HeavenShield: 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
Be careful of Blood Money..I have the true life stories..
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by ShakurM(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
zoelife:

True that.

Entrepreneurship is clearly not for the majority.

And, uhm, I'm a she. Lol
oh..Sorry about that, 'she'..got it.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by miqos02(m): 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
judeiria:
where is ur location?
Ikeja, computer village
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
tunery004:

Thanks for the corrections, next time I will becos of people like u proof read b4 posting. It easy to seat in front of ur computer and point out mistakes, everyone can do that it doesn't require any special skill. I don't need u putting anything in perspective, its my choice and that's why every offer has its own terms and condition. Am not good with the conditions and I walked away, go back to my post, u will see where I wrote that this is my opinion based on my emotions, way of life and more. So please spare me the details. Not every offer is for me, I make my choices and what u think doesn't count. Thanks
Sophisticated display of idiocy on full HD!
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by ibrokola(m): 12:01am On Jul 12, 2015
The only thing I'm able to deduce from the OP's write-up is that he is lazy, unmotivated to excel or already has a better job!

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by HirstMOG(m): 3:09am On Jul 12, 2015
Telling you thanks is not a waste. If I had heard of this at first, I shouldn't have wasted money on my woman to go for that useless training. This was exactly the same story she told me when she return about the same time you just said. Is the envronment called Nigeria we found ourselves.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by HirstMOG(m): 3:14am On Jul 12, 2015
ibrokola:
The only thing I'm able to deduce from the OP's write-up is that he is lazy, unmotivated to excel or already has a better job!

If you have no idea about something just keep mute ok. The only thing you will benefit from the Dangote Group before the truck covered the 400,000km is 8k after every successful trip made. What can you do with that amount if I may ask
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by HirstMOG(m): 3:15am On Jul 12, 2015
ibrokola:

If you have no idea about something just keep mute ok. The only thing you will benefit from the Dangote Group before the truck covered the 400,000km is 8k after every successful trip made. What can you do with that amount if I may ask My women went for the training don't think I'm just defendng the OP ok.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Egonec(m): 5:36am On Jul 12, 2015
Excavator Operators Urgently Needed in a Steel Company in Benin City.

Company Name: Yongxing Steel Company.
Position: Excavator Operator

Interested Applicants Can Contact the HR on

or send an email to

yongxingbeninrecruitment@gmail.com

Feel free to share this post!

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 5:43am On Jul 12, 2015
HirstMOG:

If you have no idea about something just keep mute ok. The only thing you will benefit from the Dangote Group before the truck covered the 400,000km is 8k after every successful trip made. What can you do with that amount if I may ask My women went for the training don't think I'm just defendng the OP ok.

Its easier to call people lazy when u haven't experienced what they have firsthand. Anyone could be a critic but if u are in the same position the writer was, ur assertion would be otherwise.

Bro, just thank God ur woman came back safe and leave those who believed we all were just plain lazy and greedy, like I said they can find their way to Obajana on Monday and take up the offer.

About the 8k, it depends on the distance of your trip, u could get as low as 3k for some trips and this allowance is to be shared with ur driver and two motor boys. Basically, the money belong to the drivers. A lot more I could say, cos I took my time to ask mr Carlos lots of questions, lemme just stop here.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by aaidel(m): 6:00am On Jul 12, 2015
i guess when you hear of other countries boasting 90% employment rate nigerians imagine its in cushy offices with AC's the only thing you should be concerned about is if the offer is fair not saying he is insulting graduates by offering them such jobs after all if you make it after three years only God knows the amount you can make running your own haulage buisiness
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by bigtt76(f): 6:15am On Jul 12, 2015
Well that's what life throws at us every now and then undecided we can only learn to make lemonades from the lemons thrown at us if only we are prepared to catch it grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 7:15am On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

Its easier to call people lazy when u haven't experienced what they have firsthand. Anyone could be a critic but if u are in the same position the writer was, ur assertion would be otherwise.

Bro, just thank God ur woman came back safe and leave those who believed we all were just plain lazy and greedy, like I said they can find their way to Obajana on Monday and take up the offer.

About the 8k, it depends on the distance of your trip, u could get as low as 3k for some trips and this allowance is to be shared with ur driver and two motor boys. Basically, the money belong to the drivers. A lot more I could say, cos I took my time to ask mr Carlos lots of questions, lemme just stop here.
Check out Immediate gratification vs delayed gratification, you are looking for the former while Dangote's program is for the later. U get to inherit his truck and dedicated line for hauling of cement to his distributors after ur apprenticeship... This is haul-to-own program..
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by HirstMOG(m): 7:18am On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

It was only the 8k my woman mentioned. God punish poverty.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nixon55(m): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2015
bookface:

Another graduate with self entitlement and delusions of grandeur. The fact that you went through the walls of a university does not imply that the world owes you a living. Labour jobs are not the sole preserve of the uneducated - neither does a university education exempt you from getting your hands dirty. You do not only sound rude, the manner in which you berate a job that many would have gladly accepted - but for lack of opportunity - leaves one with nothing but dismay.

How does Dangote enslave you by offering you a job - which pays, at least (i assume) the national minimum wage - and concludes with other offers such as the opportunity to take the truck with you after a set period of time? You had the right to say no - you did so - well done, move on and let someone else take the job if they wanted to - where exactly is the enslavement part? Here in the UK, there are PHD grads who work at the bar and earn the minimum wage - there's no shame in doing a honest work, if it provides you a living.

I bet many of you treat your maids/security guards to much worse offers.

The company is not happy to bear risk? You don't say - tell me who is? While in principle, this is not ethically right, it is not the company's responsibility to regulate itself. The company's sole preserve is bottom line profits - it is in its interest to cut down its cost, insurance claims, expenses - as much as possible. In a capitalist economy, the company is expected to do so, even if that meant exploiting the weak labour laws of the country. This is why as a citizen, you should vote representatives whose responsibilities will be to improve existing laws to make working conditions fairer for their electorates.

Another way to see this - if the company were to account for insurance costs for all its drivers, it would either have to hire less people ( which implies that you probably wouldn't have had the opportunity in the first place) or it will have to pass the cost on to consumers, which will somehow affect your wallet nonetheless.

Every company wants to determine your life, why single out Dangote? There are those in 9-5 jobs who spend up to 2 hours travelling in between - In the end, they spend their whole day working for the company and all that is left is the weekends and public holidays.
This is a tough job - you can take it or you can take a hike.

Is composing a good text message necessary to do the job? There are several jobs where the main requirement is a good work ethic and the good ol' common sense.

"insult on every graduate" - so you went to a school eh? and you think you are first of your kind eh? or you think you are now somewhat smarter than those who didn't?

Here's a bit of an advise for you - there are three ways to get by

a) If you have a skill set - either through formal or informal education - then sell it to the highest bidder and demand a premium for your skill

b) If no one is willing to pay enough for your skill, then roll the dice, monetize your skill set - set up your own business and see where the night takes you

c) If like any other "graduate" - your skill set is not unique or you cannot monetize it - then nothing makes you special really. You have to start really low like every one else and then work your way to the top, looking out for opportunities as they come your way.

I personally would likely hire a Dangonte driver - who tells me about his experience on the job, and the times he has had to make difficult decisions. To me, this person is likely very trainable, and will bring some soft skills -like negotiation, decision making - etc to my company. I would take this person any day, over someone else who spent the last three years of their lives- after graduation - doing nothing because they are too "cushy" for a driver job.

You are so on point! Most Nigerian graduates think their degrees are worth gold or even diamond. This country graduates tens of thousands of people from different disciplines every year and the rate of job creation is so minute. I have seen people stay at home for several years all in the name of looking for the big jobs. Until people understand that global economy is in a mess and not going to be better anytime soon. Greece is a typical example. It used to be a developed economy but now going through hell. Greek banks have been closed for two weeks now. Let's us wake up from our slumber as young people and build our lives. The government can do very little.
FYI.. some people graduated from schools that costs over $40k a year and you have to compete with them!!!
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by lordliri(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2015
ShakurM:
First of all, I can only commend what my role model ,Aliko Dangote is doing, he's doing what the government is failing and has failed to do.
I did my research, with an estimated salary around 200k - 300k and sole owner of the truck after covering 400,000kmh. Don't u dare think the job is below standard! because you have a Masters degree in such n such.To a smart graduate, an opportunity. Swallow ur pride.

Better to work than steal as there is dignity in labour.

I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” - Alhaji Aliko Dangote

If ur name was not Shakur Dangote, I would consider taking this seriously.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by gidjah(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2015
uplawal:
Let me complete it for you,if they dnt accept christ as Lord,yonu must be very ignorant.
i might be ignorant of the fact that your religion leads to violence bitterness and death,but I sure know u am not ignorant of the fact that JESUS is d only true access to the Father in Heaven, sorry dear if you don't have Jesus, You are Hell bound o !!
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 8:20am On Jul 12, 2015
Nixon55:

You are so on point! Most Nigerian graduates think their degrees are worth gold or even diamond. This country graduates tens of thousands of people from different disciplines every year and the rate of job creation is so minute. I have seen people stay at home for several years all in the name of looking for the big jobs. Until people understand that global economy is in a mess and not going to be better anytime soon. Greece is a typical example. It used to be a developed economy but now going through hell. Greek banks have been closed for two weeks now. Let's us wake up from our slumber as young people and build our lives. The government can do very little.
FYI.. some people graduated from schools that costs over $40k a year and you have to compete with them!!!

Sir, my degree helps me to be able to decipher things and helps in making the right decisions. It shows me that there are better and more convenient ways of making it to the top, it doesn't guarantee me getting that dream job,but it helps me in creating my own brand. That the world economy is in shambles doesn't mean I should endanger my life for a purpose that is just out to benefit the business owner. What do you think the life expectancy of a truck driver on Nigerian road is? At the training we were told that a person dies every 11 seconds in motor related accidents, add that to what's happening up north, and that's where ur market is. Now this was the question I asked Mr Carlos, if after travelling with the truck for about 350,000km one was unfortunately involved in a ghastly accident and terrible damage was incurred on the person, what then happens, since there is no insurance or medical package and one won't be able to fulfill the terms of the contract. U can guess his answer............. Its a contract and the terms are biding, if the terms are not honoured then the contract is off, irrespective of the reasons.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by refreshrate: 8:38am On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

Sir, my degree helps me to be able to decipher things and helps in making the right decisions. It shows me that there are better and more convenient ways of making it to the top, it doesn't guarantee me getting that dream job,but it helps me in creating my own brand. That the world economy is in shambles doesn't mean I should endanger my life for a purpose that is just out to benefit the business owner. What do you think the life expectancy of a truck driver on Nigerian road is? At the training we were told that a person dies every 11 seconds in motor related accidents, add that to what's happening up north, and that's where ur market is. Now this was the question I asked Mr Carlos, if after travelling with the truck for about 350,000km one was unfortunately involved in a ghastly accident and terrible damage was incurred on the person, what then happens, since there is no insurance or medical package and one won't be able to fulfill the terms of the contract. U can guess his answer............. Its a contract and the terms are biding, if the terms are not honoured then the contract is off, irrespective of the reasons.

If life gives you lemons make lemonade using Dangote sugar.
If theres no insurance if you all come together as drivers, form a cooperative and sign up with an HMO to take care of the insurance thing would that not take care of the issue?

Im guessing like your colleagues most of you are not married, so the cover should be adjusted and initial fee reduced. Hey what do i know?

Last i checked staying at home sending out cvs, does not come with an insurance cover either.

Now i believe in the process of being out there in a process whatever it, no matter how crazy it sounds probably being the step you should take to open your mind to several other opportunities out there.

If after 400k kilometers the truck is yours, whats the difference between that and doing hire purchase from Stallion motors considering this one youre not even responsible for maintenance?

Call me stupid o, but im willing to bet somewhere down the line one person in this group with you will come and write autobiography of how he started an empire with this so called bad market of a job.

Just watch.

Too bad the only thing schools teach us is to have uncalled ego and absolute entrepreneurial inability.

Abeg no vex for me o.

PS my first job? i was earning 10k a month flogging the streets of lagos, lekki area to be precise and maybe you havent noticed the sun is hotter there than other parts of lagos probably the reflection from the sand. i dont know. i tell you no other job has given me more experience to value ratio like that one did.

If you havent noticed even oil companies are downsizing now cos of the market.

Please tell Mr Carlos waka for this chance and he should please cc. Dangote with it while hes at it.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nixon55(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

Sure I understand your feelings. You have the right to turn down job offers using your own discretion. You have all the details to make that decision and it's entirely yours. This job(contract) might not be for you or for most people and I wouldn't even blame anyone for turning it down considering the high rate of road accidents in Nigeria. My point is that we hold to our degrees so tightly that it blinds us to salient opportunities.
Good luck in your quest for better opportunities.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 8:58am On Jul 12, 2015
refreshrate:

If theres no insurance if you all come together as drivers, form a cooperative and sign up with an HMO to take care of the insurance thing would that not take care of the issue?

Im guessing like your colleagues most of you are not married, so the cover should be adjusted and initial fee reduced. Hey what do i know?

Last i checked staying at home sending out cvs, does not come with an insurance cover either.

Now i believe in the process of being out there in a process whatever it, no matter how crazy it sounds probably being the step you should take to open your mind to several other opportunities out there.

If after 400k kilometers the truck is yours, whats the difference between that and doing hire purchase from Stallion motors considering this one youre not even responsible for maintenance?

Call me stupid o, but im willing to bet somewhere down the line one person in this group with you will come and write autobiography of how he started an empire with this so called bad market of a job.

Just watch.

Too bad the only thing schools teach us is to have uncalled ego and absolute entrepreneurial inability.

Abeg no vex for me o.

PS my first job? i was earning 10k a month flogging the streets of lagos, lekki area to be precise and maybe you havent noticed the sun is hotter there than other parts of lagos probably the reflection from the sand. i dont know. i tell you no other job has given me more experience to value ratio like that one did.

Please tell Mr Carlos waka for this chance and he should please cc. Dangote with it while hes at it.

Thank you for your observations, u made some valid point. Point of correction sir, u r not to be the driver, u r just to follow the truck where ever it goes. Sir please am happily married, you don't just judge that way from afar. My first job in Lagos was also 15k, I understand hustling cause that is still what I do. Owning a truck in 3 years is a very attractive prospect, but just put ur mind to how u would live for the 3 years. Its easier said than done that when life gives u lemon u make lemonade out of it, bros u don't make lemonade from every lemon cos some lemon are spoilt, rotten and outrightly bad. If u make lemonade from them, the damage the lemonade will cause u may never be rectified.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2015
Nixon55:

Sure I understand your feelings. You have the right to turn down job offers using your own discretion. You have all the details to make that decision and it's entirely yours. This job(contract) might not be for you or for most people and I wouldn't even blame anyone for turning it down considering the high rate of road accidents in Nigeria. My point is that we hold to our degrees so tightly that it blinds us to salient opportunities.
Good luck in your quest for better opportunities.

U are right sir, some dudes do hold their degrees to high, but I can say that Nigerians are some of the most hard working peeps in the world, I have lots of graduates underemployed (by general standard) I know of graduates earning between 15 to 25k and I can tell u, I met a master degree holder who was earning 27,500. So change the we in ur statement to some or few sir.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by refreshrate: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

Thank you for your observations, u made some valid point. Point of correction sir, u r not to be the driver, u r just to follow the truck where ever it goes. Sir please am happily married, you don't just judge that way from afar. My first job in Lagos was also 15k, I understand hustling cause that is still what I do. Owning a truck in 3 years is a very attractive prospect, but just put ur mind to how u would live for the 3 years. Its easier said than done that when life gives u lemon u make lemonade out of it, bros u don't make lemonade from every lemon cos some lemon are spoilt, rotten and outrightly bad. If u make lemonade from them, the damage the lemonade will cause u may never be rectified.

For your calmness in responding i see you only need guidance.
Guy take that offer with both hands.

Youre not the one driving sef? Just to follow driver dey observe and you would given the truck after 3 years? (please clarify)
Ever heard at all at all na him bad pass? If you get a job at shell or shlumberger abi how dem dey spell am sef? and tomorrow you were asked to leave due to the prevailing price of crude would that suffice to you as a good lemon that wont upset your tummy? Or if it was a bank and because of sanusis policies were asked to leave just like that without prior notice, thats a pretty sweet big and juicy lemon right?

An entrepreneur is someone who is willing to do the type of things others wont want to do in order to live the kind of life others can only dream of living.

Not everyone has that spirit i must admit...truthfully its not for everyone.

For me i think its laudable what Dangote and Carlos are doing if yo can think through this rather than allowing your ego and emotions get to you.

How long is 3 years my brother? Wizkids first album is older than that (and hes been dishing out crap ever since) and in three years *visualize with me* this truck is yours.

You now begin your own haulage business, youve learnt most of the tricks of the trade in 3 years with your driver. So no driver can come and give you one story tomorrow. Youre turning in steady revenue, apply for a loan to get a second truck or maybe even buy one of your colleagues own and you now have two.

Then you keep at it maybe one truck is reduced to local trips youre able to get another or maybe even two, bear in mind in 3 years you have gained mad experience and established relationships along the way so no driver you hire can come and hoodwink you.

The principles of success dont vary beyond a + or - 5 variance from what i just told you.

if shell like make dem leave Nigeria sack all their staff, we are a consumer nation and supply chain distribution is one thing we wont ever do without.

I swear to you any complaints you wife had in these initial 3 years will die and you will become ehn? Super husband. Best part you dont need to leave home again na on top phone you go dey monitor driver(s) sebi they were complaining you were not home for 3 years, ahswear if your wife doesnt ask you to be leaving the house just so she can be free from the way youre always making her cook for you and the alarming rate of your eating eba, dont talk to me again.

Its an initial sacrifice but well worth it.

Sorry i misjudged you as unmarried, get your wife in line with the process. im yet to see the woman who wont fall in love (all over in your case) with a man who has a plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2015
refreshrate:

For your calmness in responding i see you only need guidance.
Guy take that offer with both hands.

Youre not the one driving sef? Just to follow driver dey observe and you would given the truck after 3 years? (please clarify)
Ever heard at all at all na him bad pass? If you get a job at shell or shlumberger abi how dem dey spell am sef? and tomorrow you were asked to leave due to the prevailing price of crude would that suffice to you as a good lemon that wont upset your tummy? Or if it was a bank and because of sanusis policies were asked to leave just like that without prior notice, thats a pretty sweet big and juicy lemon right?

An entrepreneur is someone who is willing to do the type of things others wont want to do in order to live the kind of life others can only dream of living.

Not everyone has that spirit i must admit...truthfully its not for everyone.

For me i think its laudable what Dangote and Carlos are doing if yo can think through this rather than allowing your ego and emotions get to you.

How long is 3 years my brother? Wizkids first album is older than that (and hes been dishing out crap ever since) and in three years *visualize with me* this truck is yours.

You now begin your own haulage business, youve learnt most of the tricks of the trade in 3 years with your driver. So no driver can come and give you one story tomorrow. Youre turning in steady revenue, apply for a loan to get a second truck or maybe even buy one of your colleagues own and you now have two.

Then you keep at it maybe one truck is reduced to local trips youre able to get another or maybe even two, bear in mind in 3 years you have gained mad experience and established relationships along the way so no driver you hire can come and hoodwink you.

The principles of success dont vary beyond a + or - 5 variance from what i just told you.

if shell like make dem leave Nigeria sack all their staff, we are a consumer nation and supply chain distribution is one thing we wont ever do without.

I swear to you any complaints you wife had in these initial 3 years will die and you will become ehn? Super husband. Best part you dont need to leave home again na on top phone you go dey monitor driver(s) sebi they were complaining you were not home for 3 years, ahswear if your wife doesnt ask you to be leaving the house just so she can be free from the way youre always making her cook for you and the alarming rate of your eating eba, dont talk to me again.

Its an initial sacrifice but well worth it.

Sorry i misjudged you as unmarried, get your wife in line with the process. im yet to see the woman who wont fall in love (all over in your case) with a man who has a plan.

Once again thank you for ur well taught of response, u are right 3yrs is just down the line, and one may not even make enough to own a truck in that period, and also one could make more than that also.

Personally, I av a plan and a truck thing is not it, I have wot I do with which am satisfied to an extent. Bro getting a truck is good but just understand that 3yrs of ur life will be devouted to the project, am currently studying for my post graduate degree and I plan to have more degrees, u can't do that following a truck all through war torn places.

The risk outweighs the benefit, the life span of the truck on Nigerian road is less than 3 yrs, its actually 3yrs for developed economies, the conditions, paying for damages cos there would definitely be one case, what of robbery at night, what of the mischievousness of the drivers, they been there b4 u and would definitely outsmart u, cos dey would be wit the truck at all times,while u may decide to rest in a hotel. Oga so much to consider, finally how do u explain to your woman that you don't know how many times u would be able to be home in 3 yrs and u don't know which state you will be the next day.

I can go on and on
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by refreshrate: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

Once again thank you for ur well taught of response, u are right 3yrs is just down the line, and one may not even make enough to own a truck in that period, and also one could make more than that also.

Personally, I av a plan and a truck thing is not it, I have wot I do with which am satisfied to an extent. Bro getting a truck is good but just understand that 3yrs of ur life will be devouted to the project, am currently studying for my post graduate degree and I plan to have more degrees, u can't do that following a truck all through war torn places.

The risk outweighs the benefit, the life span of the truck on Nigerian road is less than 3 yrs, its actually 3yrs for developed economies, the conditions, paying for damages cos there would definitely be one case, what of robbery at night, what of the mischievousness of the drivers, they been there b4 u and would definitely outsmart u, cos dey would be wit the truck at all times,while u may decide to rest in a hotel. Oga so much to consider, finally how do u explain to your woman that you don't know how many times u would be able to be home in 3 yrs and u don't know which state you will be the next day.

I can go on and on

on to each his own.

No worries then. Goodluck with your future plans.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adejaresalami1(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2015
being an entrepreneur like I am is what I think is the solution to all this issshhh
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by czar1988: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Its graduates like the OP that make ppl say Nigerian graduates are half baked, why come here and rant, didn't u see the terms of the job before u applied, lets assume u were drunk when u applied, when u were called, didn't they ask u if u were willing to follow d truck, i'm sure u said yes that was why d text was sent to u, stop discouraging ppl, not evrybody loves a sit at an office job, some ppl are adventurous n would love the offer.
-As regards the risk part, some ppl wake up by 4am evryday, and are at bus stops by 5am is that not risk, and spend abt 2hours just to get to there place of wrk, to and fro, they spend abt 5hours on the road each day, is that not risk?they get home by 10pm, and are expected to wake by 4am d nxt day, is that not risk to there health?
- frm the OPs writeup, all i can deduce is that the OP nova see life, he hasn't seen things, he's in a comfort zone, if to say him be person wey don walka, him for know wassup
- As regards the renumeration, monthly allowance will be paid, allowance will be doubled if u meet the monthly target and there is also trip allowance
-To anybody feeling discouraged, at all at all na him be witch, nobody employs someone without experince these days, just hold this one first, if something better comes up, than u can switch....Thank u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

U are right sir, some dudes do hold their degrees to high, but I can say that Nigerians are some of the most hard working peeps in the world, I have lots of graduates underemployed (by general standard) I know of graduates earning between 15 to 25k and I can tell u, I met a master degree holder who was earning 27,500. So change the we in ur statement to some or few sir.
That's not true about being the most hard working peeps in the worlds. Our productivity is so low. That's why we can't generate our power nor drill our oil. We have really bad work ethics. Most workers believe it's not their business, therefore, they will do the barest minimum.Bankers to Airline workers- all u see are people who not happy with their jobs; they are just there for the paycheck.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by adconline(m): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

I can go on and on

refreshrate:

Just watch.

Abeg no vex for me o.

There is an inherent risk in every business. If handled properly, the life span of those vehicle is about 10yrs. Dangote has an agreement with manufacturer- Aumann with drive and power-train technologies from Daimler Benz.
If u get a bank to finance u on the that same truck, u must have collateralized security with an intrest rate of about 25-30% or if u want to start an entirely different line of biz, u must meet those conditions before banks can lend u. So the truck u inherit can serve as ur collateral while ur sweat equity is ur intrest rate. People do hire purchase in Naija without insurance coverage and stipend from the owner.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by castro316: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
tunery004:

Well said sir, u really did a good job breaking things down and trashing them one after the other. I can't argue with u, but the job is not a driver job, its a motor boy job. Just ask about the rate of accidents involving trucks on Nigerian roads. The risk outweighs the benefit. The north is not a safe place and trucks travel at night. Lemme just stop here. Pls if u no dey naija, u can't understand the situation.
Bros abeg if u feel too big to take a job, then take a hike. This job came with descriptions that u can take or leave why criticize it when u weren't forced to accept it. There are ppl like me who will be happy to do what it takes to get that truck. Most of the trucks u see on the road are more than 10 yrs oldand still working fine and if u really know what a truck gets for a trip, u will have a run for ur money. And I have not seen a nice offer of a truck after three yrs. For example a truck costs N18 millon divide it by 2 as salvage value (that's the value of what's left of the truck just saying) that's N9 million. On getting the truck do u know how much it takes to hire a truck u own? That's abt N100,000 PER TRIP plus trustworthy customers u will get during ur three yrs of service so before u complain, do ur home work well. A very good opportunity if I may say

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This / Hope For A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.