Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,227 members, 7,842,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

‘mama Taraba' Mrs. Alhassan Reveals Why She Approached Election Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘mama Taraba' Mrs. Alhassan Reveals Why She Approached Election Tribunal (484 Views)

Alhassan "Mama Taraba" With Clutches At Jalingo In Airport / Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court / PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘mama Taraba' Mrs. Alhassan Reveals Why She Approached Election Tribunal by ceo247frolic(m): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2015

The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the Taraba State governorship election, Senator Aisha Jummai Alhassan, has said her struggle to reclaim her mandate through lawful means was still on course.

Speaking at an Iftar (breaking of Ramadan fast) dinner with women in Abuja on Thursday, the former senator said that her struggle is for all Nigerian women, who for a long time, were being shortchanged because of their gender.

The governorship candidate also commended the women for their support which she said has encouraged her in her struggles.

“Your show of comradeship gave me a lot of courage and that kept me going. I felt stronger because I knew I was not alone in the struggle. It also strengthened my resolve to nudge on in this difficult terrain of Nigerian politics which is believed generally to be an exclusive preserve of the menfolk. You really encouraged and strengthened me my dear sisters”, she said.

Alhassan recalled that she kicked against the election result when the PDP candidate, Darius Ishaku, was declared winner in the April 11 election because it was rigged in his favour.

Ishaku was declared winner of the governorship poll with 360,318 votes while the APC flag bearer got 275,985 votes

“I addressed a press conference where I rejected the results at the Election Petition Tribunal. Soon after the constitution of the Election Petition Tribunals, I filed a petition challenging the outcome of our elections”, she added.

Nicknamed ‘Mama Taraba’, Mrs. Alhassan explained that her prayers at the tribunal are that results from areas marred by irregularities should be discountenanced while invalid votes should be cancelled and the valid votes be recounted and re-allocated and the winner be declared.

“All I can say since the matter is before the court is that, I have confidence that we shall succeed (by the grace of God)”, she added.

http://www..net/2015/07/mama-taraba-mrs-alhassan-reveals-why.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: ‘mama Taraba' Mrs. Alhassan Reveals Why She Approached Election Tribunal by AgbenuAnna(f): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
see her 2019
Re: ‘mama Taraba' Mrs. Alhassan Reveals Why She Approached Election Tribunal by mrvitalis(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
What can I say
I wish u well

(1) (Reply)

Poverty Level Rises To 72%, Says NLC / Buhari Shakes Up Military, 2 Borno Indigenes Amongst New Service Chiefs / Tribute To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.