Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. (2523 Views)

How Women Test Men – How Do Men Respond? / How Women Form Opinion! / How Women Behave In Pictures Before, During And After Their Menstrual Cycle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by winner01(m): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
Women are more than just bodies. yeah we've heard this severally..even though the female self objectification trend is visibly different. Though most ladies speak against objectification, they are in one way or the other guilty of it..

SELFIES

Most female selfies nowadays are provocative, ranging from body exposure to poses to facial expression..take for instance:
A BBM contact upload a picture of herself squatting in a mini skirt, just to reveal how big her a** is, or how fleshy her thighs are or even how well she can ride "it".
Another contact backed the camera, just to show how big her a** is...
Some take their pictures to show how much cleavage they got.
A facebook contact too captured her side view in the bathroom and used her hands to cover her b**bs. well, she got many likes.grin
Another contact cropped out her head and legs, leaving her true identity. grin
Another kissing a banana seductively
Majority are guilty of shooting out their behind in pictures and several other related actions

MUSIC VIDEOS

I need not say much on this as it almosts seems as if u dont employ the services of a vixen that can wind and twist like a snake, your video will be boring..The emphasis in music now tilts more towards how necessary caro's body is...I walked into female hall as an undergraduate and overheard some girls arguing on who twerks better...Smh..

WESTERN INFLUENCE

Many of our ladies make role models of foreign "celebrities" to their own detriments. take for instance:

Beyoncé sings in “Check On It”:
Ohh, boy you looking like you like what you see
Won’t you come over and check up on it
I’m gone let you work up on it
Ladies let em check up on it
Watch it while he check up on it…
If you got it, flaunt it, boy I know you want it
While I turn around you watch me check up on it
Ooh, you watchin’ me shake it, I see it in ya face
Ya can’t take it, it’s blazin, you watch me in
amazement.

Britney Spears sings in “Oops! I Did It
Again”:
I played with your heart, got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops! You think I’m in love
That I’m sent from above
I’m not that innocent.

Ke$ha in “Blah Blah Blah”:
“I don’t really care where you live at
Just turn around, boy, let me hit that
Don’t be a little bitch with your chit chat
Just show me where your dick’s at.

The Pussycat Dolls in “Don’t Cha”:
I know you like me
I know you do
That’s why whenever I come around
She’s all over you
I know you want it
It’s easy to see
And in the back of your mind
I know you should be on with me
Don’t cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

Nicki minaj and one twerk it song like that
amongst others

well in conclusion, i think girls are the cause of their problems, guys have a personal responsibility here too.

Ive heard ladies say things like "I like dressing sexy! I like being sexy I like getting attention from guys!” Its all fun.. Well, dont cry foul when your bubbles burst..grin

2 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Deexxy: 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
If the men don't like it,,they wouldn't be doing it.
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by lilmax(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
cheesy beyonce their role model, portraying feminism with unclothedness and at the end they blame men undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by slimyem: 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
Not far from the truth. Femininity is cheapened by women themselves. Some of these things just make some of us numb. Makes it hard to defend the some who stand out.
The other day, I saw a woman trying to catch a bouquet with her vulva out for the world to see and another one grinding her a$$ in a video while other women hailed her on embarassed. Shameful behavior all over the place. angry The only checking we do is talk about it and it doesn't stop the rot anyways..

4 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by winner01(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
slimyem:
Not far from the truth. Femininity is cheapened by women themselves. Some of these things just make some of us numb. Makes it hard to defend the some who stand out.
The other day, I saw a woman trying to catch a bouquet with her vulva out for the world to see and another one grinding her a$$ in a video while other women hailed her on embarassed. Shameful behavior all over the place. angry The only checking we do is talk about it and it doesn't stop the rot anyways..
haha, nothn wen man no go hear oo, hw person go catch bouquet with her vulva?
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by austine4real(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Just passinby
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by winner01(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2015
lilmax:
cheesy beyonce their role model, portraying feminism with unclothedness and at the end they blame men undecided
feminists may come at you for this grin

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by SAMBARRY: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2015
Sad but true

even in nigeria people like tiwa savage
mocheeda abi moheeda always displaying her nudes for all those who care to see

and all these 5naira upcoming nollywood Ashewos undecided lipsrsealed

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by 1miccza: 8:27am On Jul 17, 2015
Deexxy:
If the men don't like it,,they wouldn't be doing it.

That's not true,i think it tilts more to advertising themselves to get more attention

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by 1miccza: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2015
It's called branding,advert and marketing
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Chubhie: 9:46am On Jul 17, 2015
I've come to appreciate that treasures are always hidden or disguised.

Though, it is always a sight to behold for the beautiful ladies that seems liberal enough to sample their wares. I look and appreciate a wonderful creator that made them. It ends there cos I feel thats all they've got to offer-sex. But then, supply of sex far outweighs current demand to the point you can pay for once and get 3 free.
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by ogogoromasta: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2015
slimyem:

The other day, I saw a woman trying to catch a bouquet with her vulva out for the world to see

dat mustve been
ma darlin
freecocoa
cus shez a
feminazi advocate
@ 40yrs old
wit no man in ha lyf

i kip offerin ha
my slioooong
buh pride no go gree
make she accept am undecided

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Because society rewards objectification
very well, and some women capitalize on that.

Even the most simple everyday actions like
wearing heels or dabbing on lipstick as a means of self expression in an ideal world, are simply pandering to the patriarchal idea that women's appearance is of prime importance.

If you ask one of those questions, "guys what do you want in a girlfriend/wife" the first things mentioned are usually looks, followed by a few things not that far from looks.

And very rarely do I hear that women themselves complain about being objectified undecided Its like the ones who do, enjoy it and the ones who don't, don't care.

So why this topic sef? Op, you dey find trouble o. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Women are not objectifying themselves.
Men are pervert.
It's as simple as that.
A woman can wear or flaunt whatever she wish.
Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
lilmax:

What about men portraying their masculinity with nudity?
Do you see women objectifying them?
Men are the cause. Accept or deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by EddyBlingzz(m): 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Women are not objectify themselves.
Men are pervert.

It's as simple as that.
Mtcheew
Gbagaun! grin

That aside, apart from the fact that some men are pervs, women who don't want to be objectified should moderate what, how, and the frequency of whatever they want to flaunt.
men are generally considered weaker vessels in matters of sexuality and the sensuality of the opposite sex.

that being said, women imho are the cause of their objectification bar some perverted men

2 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
EddyBlingzz:
Gbagaun! grin

That aside, apart from the fact that some men are pervs, women who don't want to be objectified should moderate what, how, and the frequency of whatever they want to flaunt.
men are generally considered weaker vessels in matters of sexuality and the sensuality of the opposite sex.

that being said, women imho are the cause of their objectification bar some perverted men

Edited
You have no proof about men being weaker vessels in sexual related matters as bible assigned that phrase to women.
Women also get tempted but they have self control.
The way society praise a promiscuous male and frown at promiscuous female is the cause.
If a guy wink, smack lips while staring lecherously at a female, everybody would scream bad guy but a female does the same, they will start calling her all sorts of vile names and then, God and morality is remembered.
A lady who's fittedly dressed would also be raped by some men.
Don't think someone dressed as Adichie won't be raped because she covered up.
Lies!

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by lilmax(m): 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:

like i said they blame men at the end cheesy

Lead by example please,flaunt what you‘ve got cheesy .....
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by EddyBlingzz(m): 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:

yes! women are the ones that scream for abs on men.
obviously they got a soft(and wet) spot for guys with finely trimmed pectorals.
so it's a two way thingy. i notice the way females(like yourself) look at guys with abs at pools and anywhere that warrants a guy going shirtless. if i upload a shirtless pic on my profile, ladies would self-service to it grin
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
lilmax:
like i said they blame men at the end cheesy

Lead by example please,flaunt what you‘ve got cheesy .....

I am not going to flaunt it. Same way ALL men are not flaunting their unclothedness.
Any Lady that choose to do so shouldn't be criticised, either. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by ogogoromasta: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Women are not objectifying themselves.
Men are pervert.
It's as simple as that.
Mtcheew

@ 17yrs old
r u a virgin?
c az yuh face
resemble wincch

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by ogogoromasta: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee
r yuh a virgin? grin
cuz i kno 2 guyz
uve fuuucked from
diz site alone wink

2 Likes

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
EddyBlingzz:
yes! women are the ones that scream for abs on men.
obviously they got a soft(and wet) spot for guys with finely trimmed pectorals.
so it's a two way thingy. i notice the way females(like yourself) look at guys with abs at pools and anywhere that warrants a guy going shirtless. if i upload a shirtless pic on my profile, ladies would self-service to it grin

Heheehe.
I never said there is a problem if men look at female sexual organs.
Objectifying it is different from admiring.
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by lilmax(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:

I am not going to flaunt it. Same way ALL men are not flaunting their unclothedness.
Any Lady that choose to do so shouldn't be criticised, either. smiley
you fit flaunt am before? You get mind? grin

any lady that choose to do shouldn‘t be criticised? can they try it in church,work place grin

Seriously baby go and rest
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by ogogoromasta: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
lilmax:

any lady that choose to do shouldn‘t be criticised? can they try it in church,work place grin

why do yuh
botther 2 debate
wit a dingbat
d girl haz a
brain d size of a pea

b4 yuh kno it now
she will start
usin ha alternate
monikerz to like ha
own commentz grin

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
lilmax:

Lol, that's why it's a church.
Can guys flaunt their abs, sag etc like they do, in the church or workplace? No
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by EddyBlingzz(m): 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Edited
You have no proof about men being weaker vessels in sexual related matters as bible assigned that phrase to women.
Women also get tempted but they have self control.
The way society praise a promiscuous male and frown at promiscuous female is the cause.
If a guy wink, smack lips while staring lecherously at a female, everybody would scream bad guy but a female does the same, they will start calling her all sorts of vile names and then, God and morality is remembered.
A lady who's fittedly dressed would also be raped by some men.
Don't think someone dressed as Adichie won't be raped because she covered up.
Lies!
Do your research. men are considered weaker vessels in sex matters mostly because of lack of the self control you pointed out up there which most women do. and it's no coincidence the society sees it that way.

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
slimyem:

I don't think she did that on purpose.

We've all had our awkward fashion slip moments.
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by ogogoromasta: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
Joavid:

I don't think she did that on purpose.

We've all had our awkward fashion slip moments.

see excuze grin
plz d hag
wus jusss
advertizin' ha
expired goodzzz
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
ogogoromasta:
VictoriaBee r yuh a virgin? grin cuz i kno 2 guyz uve fuuucked from diz site alone wink
*coughs.
Rule 8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by ogogoromasta: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
Joavid:

ogogoromasta, you are the best. i love you

aw. swerrie
d feelin iz
mutual wink

1 Like

Re: How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. by winner01(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Joavid:
Because society rewards objectification
very well, and some women capitalize on that.

Even the most simple everyday actions like
wearing heels or dabbing on lipstick as a means of self expression in an ideal world, are simply pandering to the patriarchal idea that women's appearance is of prime importance.

If you ask one of those questions, "guys what do you want in a girlfriend/wife" the first things mentioned are usually looks, followed by a few things not that far from looks.

And very rarely do I hear that women themselves complain about being objectified undecided Its like the ones who do, enjoy it and the ones who don't, don't care.

So why this topic sef? Op, you dey find trouble o. grin
so which category do you fall, those who enjoy objectification or those who dont care?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Singles And Married... Where Did You Meet Your Wife/husband? / The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. / Know The Compatibility Of Your Rhesus Factor As Well Before Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.