Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (29704 Views)

NFF To Unveil Le Guen As Coach For Super Eagles On July 18 – PUNCH / NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / NFF Confirms ‘agreement’ With Oliseh As Keshi’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Orobosadavis(f): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
The Nigeria Football Federation has confirmed that former Nigeria international Sunday Oliseh will coach the Super Eagles with a team that will include a Dutch as an assistant.

A manager close to Oliseh in Europe, who has full knowledge of the talks between the NFF and Oliseh in London, confirmed to The PUNCH on Wednesday that the former Eagles captain had accepted the job offer and would work with an assistant from Europe.

He said, “I can confirm that Sunny (Oliseh) has accepted the offer and he will be working with an assistant coming down from Europe as well.”

On Wednesday, the NFF confirmed they were in talks with the Belgium-based Nigerian to replace Stephen Keshi, who was kicked out as Eagles coach on Saturday. Oliseh met with NFF president Amaju Pinnick and Austin Jay Jay Okocha in London on Tuesday.

“An offer has been made, and there is an understanding, but we have to work out the final details of the agreement in a few days. Of course, the Executive Board has to give approval for his appointment based on the final terms to be agreed,” Felix Anyansi-Agwu, Chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee said on Wednesday.

The NFF added that Oliseh would come with a “foreign technical assistant, whose job description will centre around development programmes, and working with clubs’ youth teams and certified academies towards developing the game from the grassroots.

“Current stand-in coach Salisu Yusuf will also be in the new team, but with greater devotion to the home-based team, otherwise known as Super Eagles B, and will be the interface between the technical crew and the home boys.”

From the details of the package being finalised, Oliseh is expected to come up with a five-year developmental plan “to fashion a unique playing and coaching philosophy for all the national teams, and will for this purpose, interface regularly with coaches of those teams.

“We are also looking at how he will periodically organise clinics and seminars for coaches of clubs in the Nigeria Professional Football League, probably once in a month, so as to strengthen the playing philosophy across board. A robust youth development programme, elite player development strategy and performance programmes to drive higher standards, among other core sustainable development programmes, are also part of the proposal,” Anyansi-Agwu said.

NFF President Pinnick said, “Sunday Oliseh has vast experience and immense knowledge of the game, and will certainly add value to what we are doing. He has bought into our vision and objectives towards the development of Nigeria football. He will command the respect of the players and we trust he has the temperament to work harmoniously with the Technical and Development Committee, the Technical Directorate and the Technical Study Group.

“On our part at the NFF, we will give him all the support to succeed as we have been giving to all our coaches. Subject to the approval of the NFF Executive Committee, we will conclude negotiations by weekend and he will be unveiled next week.”

http://www.punchng.com/sports/eagles-nff-confirms-oliseh-approves-dutch-assistant/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Goovo(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
Let's watch and see how the movie plays out

Finally FTC

10 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by doublewisdom: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks be to Jah!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Allem(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmm, let's see

1 Like

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
congrat

1 Like

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by funmijoyb(f): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
igbo coach all d time. let us do it this way, it will be good for d Yorubas to be president of this country and we will let d ibos to be coaching d Super Eagles. I'm i making sense here?

Let's moved dose awusas aside.

Afterall coaches r getting money than the head of State.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by mactoni91(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
i just Hate dis NFF...
must dey keep sacking every coach?
D day 9ja team wuld face any team Stev. Keshi coaches, if dem nuh flog 9ja 6 goals make i knw wetin cause am

5 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Inexperience takes over.

Sigh.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by DankemzI(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Keshi started like GeJ, he allowed pride to demolish his career and he ended like GeJ

Congratulations Oliseh, if he does'nt bring back the world cup he's as good as useless

22 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by simongonner: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
hmmmm I hope he can lift Eagles up...

2 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Edwardhead(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
[size=13pt] rumor is to sport as propaganda is to politics[/size]

funmijoyb:
igbo coach all d time. let us do it this way, it will be good for d Yorubas to be president of this country and we will let d ibos to be coaching d Super Eagles. I'm i making sense here?

With that English, You're making nonsense

Check dis pics grin angry grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
funmijoyb:
k
mactoni91:
DankemzI:
g
simongonner:
j
Edwardhead:
nairalandist:
Humanbeing1st:

Coaching crew of the national team of space bookers of nairaland.

Will be playing against Tonga in two weeks.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by kenedy175(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
cool. well deserved

2 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good for him, now is his time to prove himself. All I remember about him was the goal he scored against Spain in France 98. . . Hell of a shot from midfield!!!

Oliseh. . . No fumble o... Red card no dey tey for Naija oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

dis wat i call change
OYA SHAKITI BOBO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by malbro(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
I just dey laugh
Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by kliq(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Congrats Oliseh though with no coaching experience but I smell he's going to do better with is analytical skills of the game and plus he's aware of the politics that the NFA is made of....best of Luck

“A man who wants to succeed should not do a lot to be loved but should do a lot to be respected.” - Oliseh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2015

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by UnknownT: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
i hope he pushes for Enyeama's recall to the team since he supported him then

2 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by musulumi(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
We are expecting a comment from the Presidency rubbishing the announcement and reconfirming Keshi as the bonafide Coach of the Super Eagle ..............

Made in Naija things !

1 Like

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Emekamex(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
I wish him the very best. I hope he translates all those his football analysis into action.

5 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by kenedy175(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015

3 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by jamex93(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
Oliseh!
Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by SK3NKI(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
Anybody but keshi angry

1 Like

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by ademusiwa3: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
[size=28pt]the country of Western Nigeria as to look for a coach and have its own national team.

It is important that the country of Western Nigeria has its own national team, different from Nigeria. this is how to sell the name.

Nobody will invest in the country of western nigeria, if you dont have a national team.

And this is why I have been doing everything to make sure the independent country of Western nigeria have a national team. Different from Nigeria .

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Oblitz(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by hensben(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Esmith12(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
k
Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by lekjons(m): 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
*searching under bed, drawers, pocket* (looking for the fvck to give)undecided
Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Coaching crew of the national team of space bookers of nairaland.
. ojasi

Re: NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant by dafoly: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
Now let's see how u will practicalize ur football analysis.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rangers And Enyimba Match End In Violence, Pitch Invasion By Fans (Videos, Pics) / Manchester City Suspends Benjamin Mendy Amid Rape, Sexual Assault Charges / Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.