Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music (29339 Views)

Arsenal Women FC Beat Chelsea Women FC To Win 6th Conti Cup / Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m / Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by fergie001: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlpMPPlQ9mk
(Song Title: Keep Moving)

On July 4, Arsenal Women FC announced the signing of Alessia Mia Teresa Russo with a Nigerian 1970s Africafunk-AfroRock music by Goddy Oku's The HYGRADES.

Earlier in the year, United had turned down two world record bids for Russo, before she left for North London on a free transfer.

Russo previously played for Chelsea Women, Brighton & Hove Albion Women and later United Women where she made her mark scoring 22 goals in 46 appearances.

She plays as a forward and has represented England internationally at all youth age group competitions.

She is a UEFA women's champion with the English National team where she has scored 11 goals in 22 games.

See Link: The Unveiling of Russo

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by fergie001: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UveTCZ2xWbo (Original by the HYGRADES)

The HYGRADES was the creation of an Enugu-based guitarist and producer Goddy Oku. They released a string of 45s for HMV/EMI in 1971 including the tracks Keep On Moving, Somebody's Gonna Lose or Win, Rough Rider, The Jungle & Jumping Cat.

Members of the HYGRADES:
Goddy Oku, Kevin Njoku, Frank Fyne, Elvis Ato Arinze, Chuba and Drago Uzoma, Stoneface Iwuagwu and Justus Nnakwe
(Goddy Oku in pix)

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by God1000(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2023
Nigeria remains the pride of Africa despite the numerous problems bedeviling us

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by chatinent: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2023
Hope they were authorized to use the song tho.

20 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Eraddray(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Arsenal will soon start to sign Nigerian musicians with the way things dey go, and hype too much

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by slawomir: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....though I got no idea about this band
But I must say right from onset we have been the real niggar of Africa
crossfm:
Hehehe.
Who no like better thing grin grin.
Na our politicians da fall our hands,if not we da try.
No
Na tribalism of the masses dey ruin us..
Nor be politicians ...lets start telling ourselves the truth and stop pretending if not this nation will be doomed in the nearest future
When a person from the three major tribe is the president..forget it you won't see a united protest from the masses...endsar protest the north didn't participate because their son was the president
Now with the hell we have been subjected to still no protest will happen because a son from a major tribe is the president( tinubu)...same thing will also occur if igbo man is the president

The only time we can see a united protest is when a person from minority tribe becomes the president...take for example subsidy removal of Jonathan in 2012...the whole nation united and there was protest despite the cheap and low cost of things...lets stop pretending...
Focusmind:

I don't like tribalism but you made so much sense. It's true. It's easier for the big three to unite against a minority president than for the country to unite against a president from any of the big three. So unfortunate. That's the tragedy of Nigeria.
I love intelligent people. Thanks..you are intelligent

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MS247: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
kiss

Am a proud Gunners

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR brought positivity to Nigerian brand

17 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by abercrombie(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Please can someone help me with something to eat, school life is not easy sir!!!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Brendaniel: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Wow...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by 001Lagos: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Arsenal dey whine Nigerians 😂😂

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by crossfm: 10:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Hehehe.

Who no like better thing grin grin.

Na our politicians da fall our hands,if not we da try.
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MykellOni(m): 10:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
Congratulations to them. I don't watch football so I don't know what to say. Lemme goan take my 2 bottles in peace
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by SultanOfPuna: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Ok
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by lumens: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
shocked

X

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Simeony007(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Anything that will keep Arsenal fans from commiting suicide is welcome.

They've been through a lot

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by ssogundele(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Nigeria to the world. We have numerous good sides which outweigh the bad sides.

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Faber(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
Okay

Like men like ladies
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=124452130]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlpMPPlQ9mk
(Song Title: Keep Moving)

On July 4, Arsenal Women FC announced the signing of Alessia Mia Teresa Russo with a Nigerian 1970s Africafunk-AfroRock music by Goddy Oku's The HYGRADES.

Earlier in the year, United had turned down two world record bids for Russo, before she left for North London on a free transfer.

Russo previously played for Chelsea Women, Brighton & Hove Albion Women and later United Women where she made her mark scoring 22 goals in 46 appearances.

She plays as a forward and has represented England internationally at all youth age group competitions.

She is a UEFA women's champion with the English National team where she has scored 11 goals in 22 games.

d Link: The Unveiling of Russo [/blqrduot
Nu]

Igbo to the world

BIAFRA to the globe

God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by fadsam: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
Is there a secret relationship btw arsenal & nigeria?

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by greenermodels: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
First was Odumodu black,now it's the hygrades. Igbo musicians to the world. God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MorataFC: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2023
Naija to the world
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2023
lumens:
shocked

Arsenal have used songs by artistes from the East.
When will Arsenal use songs by artistes from the Brown Roof and Sophisticated Skull Mining Region?

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

Wickedest

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Freshtruth(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2023
I swear down with the Right Government in place we would had been world power trust me we gifted as a nation

14 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MS247: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2023
lumens:
shocked

When will Arsenal use songs by artistes from the Brown Roof and Sophisticated Skull Mining Region?

David Adeleke world cup final

Tiwatope Savage Coronation of King Charles

Kiss Daniels World cup

Instead of condemning you, your ibo people would go invisible and secretly like and share

If Yorubas respond soon wailing will start

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by wahalawahala: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
lumens:
shocked

If no be Sw your local artists dey troop to.. dia recognition fr no pass your potopoto enclave .. be grateful, Sw ppl are not hostile to Okija Osu immigrants like den dey do fr ur side

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by lumens: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
MS247:

David Adeleke world cup final

Bleep off.
Nobody asked for your opinion.
This is not about Yekini Amoda Sangolere whom you worship.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by gabmanuel(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Igbo Amaka group never show up here...
Abeg make I shout am now, and as an ENUGU guy too, I'm feeling myself ooo... IGBO AMAKAAAA !!!!!!

At first, I didn't believe it was a Nigerian song, but when I read about the Hydrade, I was exceptionally happy and proud of Nigeria/Africa once again (irrespective of tribe).

Apart from most of our bad politicians and few Bad eggs, most Nigerians are trying.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by ChrisblaOffurum: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2023
lumens:
shocked

undecidedhmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Urges Tyson Fury To Retire After They Fight / IGP Commends Juliet Ukah, Woman Police Fighter. / Real Madrid Complete The Signing Of Jude Bellingham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.