Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? (2281 Views)

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" / All Knowing And All Experiencing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by jonaji(m): 12:11am On Jul 12, 2015
If God is omniscient, he would have known that
in the future he would have to kill everyone by
sending the flood. He would have known about
the ark. So, why start with Cain and Abel if sin
would haunt the future mankind? What evidence
in the Bible says that he believed all people
would be good?

Also as recorded in Genesis 6:7;

"" I would destroy man whom I have created, for it repentth me that I have made them ""

Note: This is a Sunday School debate that my niece brought to me to help her with...

So good people ... If God is omniscient, why did he regret creating man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 12, 2015
No WORRY. MAKE WE GO ASK BABA

1 Like

Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by chybykee(m): 12:16am On Jul 12, 2015
OYO

1 Like

Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by cfc: 12:29am On Jul 12, 2015
*thinking*
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by MTHBOSS(m): 12:29am On Jul 12, 2015
After reading it, I feel like asking dis

Shoro ni yen?

1 Like

Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by johnydon22(m): 12:38am On Jul 12, 2015
Lol...
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by jerflakes(m): 12:43am On Jul 12, 2015
He regretted giving us freewill.

You see, we were created in Gods image and likeness.

He gave us an equal mix of good and bad.

He 'expected' us to always use the good.

But lo and behold, we embraced the bad in us.

He doesnt interfer with our thinking.

He cant persuade us to do anything because of our gift of freewill.

He loves his creation.

His love for us is so strong that instead of destroying us, He chose to live with regrets.

The same way He cannot destroy satan because satan is Gods most cherished angel.

One He loves you, nothing can change that.

One more thing, He regrets giving us the gift of freewill. He doesnt regret creating us.

In the story of the tower of babel, before bringing confusion to us (in the form of multiple languages), God said that man has no limit to what they can do.

1 Like

Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by johnydon22(m): 12:46am On Jul 12, 2015
jerflakes:
wink
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 12, 2015
typing....
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by sunnywhyt(m): 4:14am On Jul 12, 2015
Nice question
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Khd95(m): 5:51am On Jul 12, 2015
God is good cheesy
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by tolustx(m): 6:10am On Jul 12, 2015
jonaji:
If God is omniscient, he would have known that
in the future he would have to kill everyone by
sending the flood. He would have known about
the ark. So, why start with Cain and Abel if sin
would haunt the future mankind? What evidence
in the Bible says that he believed all people
would be good?

Also as recorded in Genesis 6:7;

"" I would destroy man whom I have created, for it repentth me that I have made them ""

Note: This is a Sunday School debate that my niece brought to me to help her with...

So good people ... If God is omniscient, why did he regret creating man
The fact that God knows the end from the beginning doesn't mean He is the one that orchestrated the actions of men to go dat way. God made man despite d fact dat he knows what man would do, He still had to go ahead. We are the ones that with our actions, words and deeds, give shape to our destiny.

The father of d prodigal son knew that after spending all d money, d child will drift to poverty and shame but the father still had to go ahead and give him his part of d inheritance as he asked for, tho it was painful to d father to do it.

God's intention for creating man was that He could have fellowship (be friends) with man. Man destroyed the relationship and further wen ahead to destroy other creatures of God. That is why it repented God that he created man but God is merciful. He gave man redemption from the guilt through Jesus.

Hallelujah!
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by vedaxcool(m): 6:30am On Jul 12, 2015
In the Quran God had no regrets whatsoever, coz he knows your action before u carry them out.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 12, 2015
jerflakes:

You see, we were created in Gods image and likeness.

He gave us an equal mix of good and bad.

He 'expected' us to always use the good.

But lo and behold, we embraced the bad in us.

He doesnt interfer with our thinking.

He cant persuade us to do anything because of our gift of freewill.

He loves his creation.

His love for us is so strong that instead of destroying us, He chose to live with regrets.

The same way He cannot destroy satan because satan is Gods most cherished angel.

One He loves you, nothing can change that.

One more thing, He regrets giving us the gift of freewill. He doesnt regret creating us.

In the story of the tower of babel, before bringing confusion to us (in the form of multiple languages), God said that man has no limit to what they can do.
didnt he knw he will regret giving us freewill before he created us.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by jerflakes(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2015
krattoss:
didnt he knw he will regret giving us freewill before he created us.

No.

He created us like Him.

He gave us everything in him, unconditionally.

He was blind in love with us.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 12, 2015
tolustx:
The fact that God knows the end from the beginning doesn't mean He is the one that orchestrated the actions of men to go dat way. God made man despite d fact dat he knows what man would do, He still had to go ahead. We are the ones that with our actions, words and deeds, give shape to our destiny.

The father of d prodigal son knew that after spending all d money, d child will drift to poverty and shame but the father still had to go ahead and give him his part of d inheritance as he asked for, tho it was painful to d father to do it.

God's intention for creating man was that He could have fellowship (be friends) with man. Man destroyed the relationship and further wen ahead to destroy other creatures of God. That is why it repented God that he created man but God is merciful. He gave man redemption from the guilt through Jesus.

Hallelujah!
this makes no sense.

He knws we will misuse our freewill, yet he gave us freewill.

And as for the prodigal son, the father didnt knw he will miuse his own share. Dont say what u dont knw.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2015
jerflakes:

No.

He created us like Him.

He gave us everything in him, unconditionally.

He was blind in love with us.
didnt he knew the aftereffects of what he was doing? By making us like him.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by jerflakes(m): 6:58am On Jul 12, 2015
krattoss:
didnt he knew the aftereffects of what he was doing? By making us like him.

Hey, if you really observe, I'm no longer a christian.

I'm not religious again.

The níggár was blind in love with us.

He refused to forsee the repercussions.

The same way he didnt know that lucifer will disobey Him.

Its all these confusions that made me say "screw religion, screw islam, screw christianity".
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 12, 2015
jerflakes:

I'm not religious again.

Its all these confusions that made me say "screw religion, screw islam, screw christianity".
lol... I understand ur pains.

Same here
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by jerflakes(m): 7:12am On Jul 12, 2015
krattoss:
lol... I understand ur pains.

Same here

Religion is the greatest scam that has withstood the test of time.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Rilwayne001: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2015
tolustx:

Hallelujah!

If the bible god is aware of the bolded already so why is he regretting?
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by johnydon22(m): 7:20am On Jul 12, 2015
jerflakes:

I'm not religious again.

Going by this explanation one can easily see that he/she/it is not omniscient
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by OgundeleT(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2015
you dont need anyone to tell you that bible god is not omniscient because the bible prove it from genesis to revelation that god is not omniscient, and u can see that all those bible gurus cant reply u bcus they know their book has many contradictions.
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Rilwayne001: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2015
Too many questions on this book called bible, and plainbibletruth is nowhere to be found....SMH
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by johnydon22(m): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Too many questions on this book called bible, and plainbibletruth is nowhere to be found....SMH
Ok so Quran God is omniscient then?
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by Rilwayne001: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok so Quran God is omniscient then?

YES
Re: If God Is An All Knowing God, Why Did He Regret Creating Man ? by johnydon22(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

YES
So he already know the people that will go to hell long before creating them?

(1) (Reply)

What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? / Why Do Nairaland Atheists Behave Silly Sometimes? / Orishas Possession & Astral Travel Mystical Incantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.