Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! (3635 Views)

Lionel Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo : Facts, Statistics / Cristiano Ronaldo Signs £500k Per Week Contract (Photos) / Pele Wades Into Leo Messi Vs. Cristiano Ronaldo Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by daveP(m): 12:46am On Jul 12, 2015
The rivalry keeps getting hotter. Personally, i think if this two are out of football, soccer would lose great relevance, because they seem to have taken the game to a height i call "Elastic limit"

Below is the opinion from the world of professional football on these two greats........

MESSI

[b]
**‪Pep Guardiola‬: "Don't write about him, don't try to describe him. Just watch him."

**‪Radamel Falcao‬: "Is Messi a real player or a PlayStation character?"

**‪Kobe Bryant‬: "I wear the number 10 Jersey for the US National Team in honour of the Greatest athlete I have ever seen: Messi."

**‪Felipe Scolari‬: "The only bad thing about Ronaldo’s life is Messi. If it was not for him, Ronaldo would be the best player in the world for five years in a row."

**‪John Terry‬: "Lionel Messi is quite clearly the best player ever. It’s a pleasure to pit myself against him and when I finish my career it’s something I can look back on and know I’ve tested myself against the very best."

**‪Franck Ribery‬: "Messi is class. here is him, and then there is the rest. What he does is extraordinary."

**‪ Zinedine Zidane‬: "He is always going forwards. He never passes the ball backwards or sideways. He has only one idea, to run towards the goal. So as a football fan, just enjoy the show."

**‪Diego Maradona‬"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius."

**‪Pele‬: "I like Messi a lot, he’s a great player. Technically, we’re practically at the same level."

**‪Zlatan Ibrahimovic‬: "Messi does not need his right foot. He only uses the left and he’s still the best in the world. Imagine if he also used his right foot, Then we would have serious problems."

**‪Michael Owen‬: "I can’t believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as Messi." cry

**‪Diego Simeone‬: "Diego [Maradona] filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona."

**‪Arsene Wenger‬: "Who is the Best Player in the World? Leo Messi. Who is the Best Player Ever? Leo Messi."

**‪ Samuel Eto‬'o : "Messi is God, as a person and even more as a player. I knew him when he was a boy and I’ve watched him grow. He deserves it all."

** "They tell me that all men are equal in God’s eyes, this player makes you seriously think about those words." -Football commentator *Ray Hudson*

**‪Cristiano Ronald o‬: " He's a great, great Player"

**‪Ronaldinho‬: "Best player in the world is Messi and will always be"

**‪Wayne Rooney‬: “I just think the way he plays the game and the goals he scores – he just looks so spectacular, in my eyes anyway, Messi is the best ever,”

**‪ Xavi‬: "It is clear that Messi is on a level above all others. Those who do not see that are blind."

**‪Rio Ferdinand‬: "Who is the best player I have played against? Leo Messi."

**‪Mario Balotelli‬: "There's only one player that is a little stronger than me -- Leo Messi. All the others are behind me."

**‪Steven ‬Gerrard: "If I had to pick someone to play with, out of Messi or Cristiano, I'd pick Messi -- he's a genius."

**‪Andrea Pirlo‬: "I don't believe that I can win the Ballon d'Or -- not while Lionel Messi is around."

**Iker Casillas:‬"Facing a player like Messi makes a goal keeper uneasy. He is probably the best striker I've ever faced...
[/b]
Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by majamajic(m): 12:59am On Jul 12, 2015
Op u are one sided
Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by daveP(m): 1:05am On Jul 12, 2015
C. RONALDO

[b]
"My role model is Cr7, he is the best ever player the world has ever seen." -Bale

"The next time you compare Ronaldo with another player, take a nap." -Rafael Nadal

"If you are the best player in the world you may be excused for being arogant." -Galacticos

"Cristiano Ronaldo does not have blood. Let him leave bloody United" -Lady Gaga

"Ronaldo is the best player in the world but we are tired, i just want Neur to win Ballon dor." -Thomas Mueller

"People want to call me little Messi. But i think i will be better than him. Call me little Cr7 instead." -Mario Gozte

"When you play with Ronaldo in your team, you are alredy 1-0 up. He is the best in his generation." -Zinedine Zidane

"Give me Cr7 and ten players. I will lift the Uefa Champions league." -Capello

"I love skills. Football is not about running and scoring goals. Ronaldo is a football package. Every single part of his body can play soccer. I admire him personaly." -Austin Okocha

"If i had played for a long time alongside Ronaldo 7, i would have scored a century at Manchester United. Ronaldo makes a strikers role look so easy. The greatest ever" -Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen.

"Messi will never score goals like these. Ronaldo is unbelivable." -Sir Alex Fegerson

"In our national team we are lacking a Ronaldo. An Angel." -Marcelo

"If you have Cristiano what more do you want? Maybe bars to celebrate wins ." -Klopp

"Messi and Ronaldo are equal but Ronaldo can score from anywhere." -Diego Maradona

"Messi or Ronaldo? I think Ronaldo is more important than Messi." -Pele

"Ronaldo can score with either of his feet, his head and now he is scoring with the goal at his back. I bet he can score on wheelchair." -Giggs

"I never saw Pele play or even Maradonna. Ronaldo is the best i have seen." -Luca Toni

"Who said Ronaldo plays like me. Its a honour to be compared with the best player in the world" -Luis Figo

"One day i will tell my son, 'once upon a time there was Cristiano Ronaldo'. Its a fairy tale." -Iker Casillas

"Cr7 is a monster, not a human. It will be a dream come true to play with him if i sign for Madrid." -Neymar

"Who’s better, Messi or Ronaldo? Ronaldo is out of this world. Thats my own sentiment." -Wesley Sneijder

"The best player i have ever played against has to be Ronaldo. You cannot afford to take you eyes off him." -Gerard Pique

"There was no difference between our teams, the only difference is they had Ronaldo and we didnt have him." -Benitez

"The difference is Messi uses his height in a football match. Ronaldo uses skills." -Valentino Rossi

"Dont expect me to fill Ronaldo shoes. Nobody can fill them." -Chicharito

"I will keep voting for Ronaldo because he is the best in the field of play." -Luka Modric

"I saw Maradonna and Pele play. Ronaldo is at another level" -England legend Bobby

"Ronaldo Ronaldo Ronaldo. Football seems easy when he plays it." -David Seaman

"I wore the number 7 jersey and i will be proud. The number represent the best player in this generation" -Raul

"I would pay a fortune to watch Cr7 play. He is the best" -Mendieta

"Ronaldo is in a world of his own." -Gerrard

"Do i play like Ronaldo? Nobody does" -Torres

"Im South American but Ronaldo is the best" -Romario

"With Ronaldo in your team. You become the best midfielder automatically" -Yaya Toure

"Pure talent.... Ronaldo is the best." -Sports Writer Abram

"You cant coach what Cr7 does with the ball. Its magic." -Viera

"I will give excuses to fight Ronaldo. He is the best sportsman" -Mike Tyson

"Don't say a thing about Cr7, just enjoy him." -Luke Bright.
[/b].

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by kingphilip(m): 4:21am On Jul 12, 2015
Well for me I don't compare between two humans because everybody is good at what he or she does in his or her own way.

I think these two players are exceptional quite alright but I don't think they are the all in all or the ultimate as they are painted to be.

They should take out the rest of the team and keep either of them to face another team of 11 players whether they can withstand them..

Every team needs 11 players in the field of play. They are good in their different positions quite alright but that doesn't mean other players aren't relevant in the team.

For me I think a team of 11 average players who understands themselves perfectly is far better than a team who have upto 5 exceptional players who never understands themselves.

I look forward to a manager who'll have both players in their team though I believe they might be unbeatable.
Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by daveP(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2015
kingphilip:
Well for me I don't compare between two humans because everybody is good at what he or she does in his or her own way.

I think these two players are exceptional quite alright but I don't think they are the all in all or the ultimate as they are painted to be.

They should take out the rest of the team and keep either of them to face another team of 11 players whether they can withstand them..

Every team needs 11 players in the field of play. They are good in their different positions quite alright but that doesn't mean other players aren't relevant in the team.

For me I think a team of 11 average players who understands themselves perfectly is far better than a team who have upto 5 exceptional players who never understands themselves.

I look forward to a manager who'll have both players in their team though I believe they might be unbeatable.
hmmm! Since cr7 played in 3leagues and messi just one, are you saying something like this should be messi's next step......

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by Ajibo111(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by Ajibo111(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Pep Guardiola : 1) “Put in the superlatives yourselves, I’m running out. It’s already been a while now that he has been outstanding. He’s more than decisive in every way. That he’s capable of doing everything that he does at his age is something impressive, that doesn't make any sense." 2) “The best players are always in the thick of the action. (Michael) Jordan did it with the Bulls, (Kobe) Bryant does it with the Lakers and Leo does it here. We want him to stay with us because he’s the best and we wouldn’t swap him for anyone.” 3) “Messi is an irreplaceable player, today if he was here we would have won 5-0 but he was not and we had to play another in his place.” Fabio Capello : 4) "Cristiano knows English, Messi knows football." Diego Maradona : 5) “I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius and he can become an even better player.” 6) “His potential is limitless and I think he’s got everything it takes to become Argentina’s greatest player.” 7) “Messi I think is like me, he is the best in the world along with Ronaldinho.” Frank Rijkaard : cool “He’s a unique player and he deserves it, because he can do things of almost imperceptible excellence and is a gem to watch.” 9) " Leo’s goals are works of art.” Johann Cruyff : 10) “He deserves ten out of ten for doing what he does. He is a sensation, but still he can improve. He must know when to move the ball on quickly and when to try the impossible mission. When he learns this, he won’t win a single Golden Ball, but an entire collection.” Carlos Tevez : 11) “His speed is astonishing. It’s amazing how he can go 1 to 100 in just one second. I’m constantly around great players like Cristiano and Rooney, But this guy is just a step up above every other great footballer out there at the moment, Not only is he quick, determined, and extremely intelligent on the ball, but his movement off the ball is just as fantastic – unbelievable to sum it up in a word.” Juan Sebastian Veron : 12) “I see Maradona every time he grabs the ball and accelerates. We must protect him. I’d personally put him in a drawer of my bedside table.” Gilberto : 13) “Messi’s plaudits are hard to accept, we play in other countries and we do not see the local fans supporting our players there. Over 40 thousand Brazilians applauded, and that’s hard for who is on the field. When I see them applauding Messi I get annoyed.” Julio Grondona : 14) “Without Messi there isn't a team for Argentina, Messi is brilliant, different, with a strong mentality. Let’s hope he doesn't change.” Jose Mourinho : 15) “The best way to stop Messi is when you play with 11 men and then you can double mark him, one player to stay on him and the other to help out. If it is 11 against 10 then you have almost no chance of stopping him.” Karl-Heinz Rummenigge : 16) “Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pele nor Maradona.” Fernando Gago : 20) “For me, the best in the world is Messi because of the way he plays, moves with the ball and changes matches, Messi has incredible ability and I love the way that he plays.” 21) “Messi is the best player in the world by some way, I always thank God that he is an Argentine, not just as a player, but as a person too. I have known him since I was 18, he is incredible, a very good person and we are very good friends. Right now, he is at another club, and we have a little bit of a rivalry, but the friendship is larger and stronger.” Theirry Henry : 22) “I have the possibility to watch Messi in training each morning, and because of what he demonstrates he is the best player in the world, he stated during a press conference. It is a pleasure to watch him, and because of the way he plays he is an undisputed leader of the Barcelona team.” 23) “What Leo does is so incredible that I have to be careful not to stand still watching him make his moves.” Antonio Cassano : 24) “Ronaldinho is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, but neither are as good as Leo Messi.” Sergio Aguero : 25) “Nowadays, Messi is better than Ronaldinho. He is the best footballer in the world right now. And I’m not the only who says so. Everyone who has seen him play says so too.” Pele : 26) “I knew when we gave Kaka the FIFA World Player of the Year award that he (messi) would become the best player in the world. With young people like him we need patience and that is the problem we have in Brazil.” Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva( Brazilian president) 27) “When I see Messi – who is the best player in the world in my opinion – lose the ball, he runs off until he gets it back or commits a foul. Our guys lose the ball and fold their arms.” Carles Puyol : 28) “He is a spectacular player, there is nobody else like him. I should not because I have suffered so much in training. I think he is the best forward at the moment and I think he will be so for many more years. He has his feet on the ground.” Cesc Fabregas : 29) “He has a great future if he can stay clear of injuries. For me, he is the best there is.” Ronaldinho : 30) “Every time he plays, Leo Messi reminds me more of Maradona, both left-footed and short, Messi is the best player in the world, along with Kaká and Cristiano Ronaldo. For us it is not a surprise. Since he began to come and train with us and we knew we would go down this path. Someday I will explain that I was at the birth of one of the footballing greats: Leo Messi.” Daniel Alves : 31) “Lionel Messi? When I played against him at Sevilla it was always very difficult, so now I’m pleased that we’re on the same side. He’s just fantastic.” Mikel Arteta : 32)“It is as if someone commands him from the stands, like a video game. I have never seen a human run with the ball at that speed. I have not seen Maradona so I cannot compare, but Messi is simply unbeatable.” Raul : 33) “The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred percent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible!” 34) “It is clear that Messi is on a level above all others. Those who do not see that are blind.” - Xavi 35) “I believe that I played well against Barcelona, the problem was that Lionel Messi was simply unstoppable.” - Johnny Heitinga 36) Arsene Wenger - “He’s like a PlayStation”
Re: Opinion: Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo!! by daveP(m): 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
majamajic:
Op u are one sided
updated

(1) (Reply)

Sports Gist / What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) / Olympic Draw Is Now Out. Nigeria In Group B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.