Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. (3568 Views)

Biafra: You Have No Right To Stop Election In Igbo Land – Orji Kalu Tells Kanu / Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora / Ebonyi State Government React To EEDC Outrageous Billing Of Ebonyians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Asiri1991: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2015
I do not want to be interested in establishing unity where there is none. I equally want the responses to take disinterested tune.
What is the position of Ebonyians in the Igbo politics? Ebonyi is one of the five states of the south east geopolitical zone. The nineteen year old state was caved out of the old Enugu and Abia states. The part from Enugu constitutes the Abakaliki block while the part from Abia makes up the Afikpo block.
The Abakaliki block comprises the Izzi, Ezza, Ikwo, Mgbo, Izhia, Ntezi and. Okpoto people. The Afikpo block is linguistically divided into two of Afikpo and Ohaozara; with the later constituting the majority. No doubt, Ebonyi is the least developed state in the zone, being the youngest.
A linguistic appraisal of the language of the Abakaliki block will show a remarkable difference from other varieties of the Igbo language. This is equally applicable to the Afikpo sub-zone with the exception of Ohaozara. The Ohaozara sub-zone have the same lexical, phonological, syntactic and semantic formations with the Enugu west of Awgu, Ani Nri and Nkanu east.
Just like few other states in Nigeria, it is believed that Ebonyi is below the poverty level. So, it is not uncommon to see Ebonyians in the streets of every town hawking their wares for livelihood.
Educationally, Ebonyi is not previledged. With only the people of Ohaozara and Afikpo that are competing favourably with the other four states. These two sub- zones houses all the familiar names in Ebonyi starting from Akanu Ibiam, Aja Nwachukwu, John Ogbu, Anyim Puis Anyim, Ogbonnaya Onu to Agom Eze.
One thing that is of a particular concern is how people from the otherr states descriminate the Ebonyians. This is severe that "Nwa Abakiliki" (soomeone from Abakaliki) has become an abusive phrase to the Igbo community.
My question is, how long are we going to marginalize the Ebonyians through our utterances even when many of then are well to do than us? What is their position in the Igbo politicdls? Is it not time for us to encourage them to do better? Besides, it is where their formal states kept them that made them of somehow unequal, economically, to be precise.

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Humorclux: 9:06am On Jul 12, 2015
Am a proud Eboyian, i hail from Afikpo/Edda. TBH with you OP i don't feel marginalized or maybe thats just your opinion. Btw where are you from?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by fulanimafia: 9:11am On Jul 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by networkrecharg: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2015
eboyi is better dan abia to me o.
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by nextdoor84(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2015
My brother(OP) please don't allow those tribal bigots think otherwise....I believe Igbo people are one and nobody discriminate against any sub group be it in Rivers, Delta, Edo, Akwa ibom, Cross river and the core SE states...As long as you are Igbo you are a First class igbo...Mazal Tov!!!

9 Likes

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Iykopee(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2015
OP nobody is marginalising anybody in igboland. U have to sought out ur personal problems with other igbos and stop incriminating everybody.

6 Likes

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by gists: 9:23am On Jul 12, 2015
nextdoor84:
My brother(OP) please don't allow those tribal bigots think otherwise....I believe Igbo people are one and nobody discriminate against any sub group be it in Rivers, Delta, Edo, Akwa ibom, Cross river and the core SE states...As long as you are Igbo you are a First class igbo...Mazal Tov!!!
at the bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by tessylove2(f): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Humorclux: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2015
gists:
at the bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Whats funny? There are actually igbo communities out there

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by patrick89(m): 9:50am On Jul 12, 2015
People take gossip too serious. all. these market women talk you call it marginalization? mention one political action taken by other states in the southeast that undermined the Ebonyi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Asiri1991: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2015
Humorclux:
Am a proud Eboyian, i hail from Afikpo/Edda.
TBH with you OP i don't feel marginalized or maybe thats just your opinion.
Btw where are you from?
I represent Onicha Igboeze in this forum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2015
What about the Anamuu people from Anambra States?

They are mostly fishermen and women. l have live with them,and they feel margnalized by their fellow Igbo.
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by cjrane: 10:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Yoruba people at their best.[size=28pt] Deceit.[/size] grin grin
Yes, I guess Ebonyi people are not Igbos. They are perhaps fulanis. Are you happy now?
SHM

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2015
cjrane:
Yoruba people at their best.[size=28pt] Deceit.[/size] grin grin
Yes, I guess Ebonyi people are not Igbos. They are perhaps fulanis. Are you happy now?
SHM

This is the truth.

Eboyians, as I know are been descriminated by their fellow Igbo folks, same as the Anamuu people from Anambra State.
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by skare: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2015
I represent Afikpo North, who said we have been marginalised?we are just 19yrs.What we are lacking is good governance.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Leopardd(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2015
Rubbish, no one is marginalizing anyone in Igbo land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Humorclux: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

This is the truth.

Eboyians, as I know are been descriminated by their fellow Igbo folks, same as the Anamuu people from Anambra State.

What is your defination of Marginalize?

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by michealking94(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
wadafuk?cum to anambra nd u wil c de number of ebonyians here doin all sought of business nd if u go to ebonyi u will actually c dat a large chunk of people attendin ebonyi state university ar UMU OMAMBALA we ar more united dan any other tribe,so i dnt knw where u got dis fact of urs bt do me a favour nd shove it deep in ur ass.FOOOOL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Humorclux:
What is your defination of Marginalize?

Go check your dictionary
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
The OP is an imposter!

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Humorclux: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Go check your dictionary
I think your dictionary is different from mine

2 Likes

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Humorclux:
I think your dictionary is different from mine

Maybe.
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by pazienza(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chief Enwo- Igariwey is the president of Ohaneze Ndiigbo and he is from Abakaliki block of Ebonyi state. No marginalization.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by SegunAdewole: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
My fellow yorubas again causing confusion everywhere. Don't the ijebus get catcalls from other yoruba subgroups about being greedy, and oyos about being lazy? Dows that mean they are marginalized by other yoruba?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by SegunAdewole: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
My fellow yorubas again causing confusion everywhere. Don't the ijebus get catcalls from other yoruba subgroups about being greedy, and oyos about being lazy? Does that mean they are marginalized by other yoruba?

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by BLOTRS: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
OP don't be deceived, igbos need unity now more than ever...
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Eshinwaju: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
After Biafra has been established with the five core States.......Ebonyi will seek their own country..... grin....I can't wait for dis fraud to manifest.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by attacker231: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
nextdoor84:

LMAO cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by attacker231: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
SegunAdewole:
My fellow yorubas again causing confusion everywhere. Don't the ijebus get catcalls from other yoruba subgroups about being greedy, and oyos about being lazy? Dows that mean they are marginalized by other yoruba?

Lmao. Customized is doing ojuku style. Coward things. You are scared to use your moniker to attack the yorubas, be bold for once in your miserable life and stop hiding. Lmaooooo. Coward

1 Like

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by lionduke(m): 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
OP sorry to disappoint you.... Am proud Ezza man, An Abakaliki man and An Igbo man. I have never felt marginalized in Igboland cos am from Ebonyi State.
FYI the chairman of The Revenue Fiscal Mobilization
and Allocation Commission (RFMAC) is an Abakaliki man, The current president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is from Ebonyi State.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by alabiafra05: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:
Chief Enwo- Igariwey is the president of Ohaneze Ndiigbo and he is from Abakaliki block of Ebonyi state. No marginalization.

Hello,

thanks for your input on my thread about . Trust me, it's being hard, but with the support of umunne m like you, i'm sure we would get there in no time.

Please i would love to know exactly the amendments and improvements that you would love to see in the forum.

And registration is very easy. Just use a valid email, and it we would send you a link to authenticate, just like nairaland.

Please let me know when you you.

I would appreciate more inputs.

Udo diri gi.
Re: The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. by Asiri1991: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:
An Afikpo man to be precise. Have you ever heard other Igbos talking about Ebonyi in disgust?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS Boss, Fowler, In N7bn Tax Refund Fraud, Hires 250 Secretly / Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria / Where Is Vice President Yemi Osinbajo - Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.