Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan (27779 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander With Dr Goodluck Jonathan / Nasarawa: NLC-TUC Declared Indefinite Strike Over 50% Salary Cut / Al-Makura: Salary Cut, No Going Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2015
“I write to forward the completed IPPIS registration form of Mr. President and to draw your kind attention to Mr. President's directive that only 50% of his salary be paid to him.”

That was an excerpt of the letter written to the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation by the State House Permanent Secretary on behalf of President Buhari as published by a section of the mainstream press.
It is funny however that supporters and career praise-singers of the Buhari administration are overblowing the action of the president out of proportion(while some mock Jonathan) in their bid to score cheap political point. It is good we set the record straight and to remind Nigerians the deed of the immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan.

January 2012
Jonathan was indeed the most sacrificial President of Nigeria and pacesetter. On the 7th Day of January 2012 (at the height of the subsidy agitation), Dr Ebele Jonathan announced 25% cut of his salary and those of all Federal Executive office holders including the VP, Ministers, D-Gs of Agencies and departments, federal Permanent Secretaries, SAs, SSAs etc.
The implementation of his noble act was made known 10 days later by the then Minister of State for Finance.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/breaking-news-jonathan-on-nationwide-broadcast/
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-begins-implementation-of-25-pay-cut/

16 March 2015:
Despite the 2012 25% salary cut for President Jonathan and his appointees, it was reported on March 16 that exPresident Jonathan further directed that salaries of all federal executive office holders be further slashed by 30% (including his) as part of his government austerity measure. According to the D-G Budget office Dr Bright Okogu, (in His words):
“Political office holders’ salaries are being cut by between 20-30 per cent, ranging from permanent secretaries, directors’ general and so on all the way to ministers. This, however, does not amount to very much, but the purpose is to show the commitment of this administration that if they want to make adjustment, they want to do it and
lead by(example)."
www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/03/austerity-30-per-cent-pay-slash-for-jonathan-ministers-others:

All these were done without media hype and buzz flying around it. In fact, the exPresident was more concerned about making sacrifice than scoring political point nor playing to the emotions of Nigerians.

We appreciate President Buhari and VP Osinbajo for following the noble step of Dr Ebele Jonathan and Arc Namadi Sambo respectively. However, it is also good to remind them that today, July 12, 2015 makes it "Day 42" of their Presidency and they are yet to publicly declare their assets in line with their February electoral pledge. The image of this government will continuously be in the the decline as long as they continue to delay or fail to fulfil their pledge by publicly declaring their assets. If they assume that this paycut will make Nigerians to forget about the pledge they make then they need to face reality.

182 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by INTROVERT(f): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2015
Do you know why I like barcanista?

He is one of the few people with true brains at digging up evidence to back up what he says on NL. grin

As it's custom on this forum I will be bashed but its okay.

198 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by MuguliciousMUGU: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2015
This poster above me sef, she no dey go church?

Well as the current minister of women affairs, i will say that buhari is an introvert, because if he was an extrovert he would have declared his asset since.

But notwithstanding, buhari has not fulfilled any of his promises yet, he has been running around the bush, the only promise he has fufilled is the taking of pictures every blessed day.

We are tired of waiting- he should first declare his asset, and every other thing shall be added unto him, i rest my case.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by heykims(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2015
Is there anything noble in GEJ?
He announced salary cut nd squandered trillions of naira on national security without anything to show for it..
Explanation on 2billion dollars subsidy due mysteriously debited from d federal account still being awaited..
He cut his pay nd paid billion of naira monthly to rogues nd militants to take over the responsibility of the Nigerian security force to secure oil pipelines..

Noble my foot..
BTW, where's the slash? I see same amount all through the years, no slash in what I view below..

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 12, 2015
If u'r here 2 read comments like me..hit LIKE

5 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by ELTON123(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by tessylove2(f): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by INTROVERT(f): 9:20am On Jul 12, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
This poster above me sef, she no dey go church?

Well as the current minister of women affairs, i will say that buhari is an introvert, because if he was an extrovert he would have declared his asset since.

But notwithstanding, buhari has not fulfilled any of his promises yet, he has been running around the bush, the only promise he has fufilled is the taking of pictures every blessed day.

We are tired of waiting- he should first declare his asset, and every other thing shall be added unto him, i rest my case.

What does introvert and extrovert have to do with declaring assets. grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by 9aijaboi(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2015
For me, it's too early to judge or compare the former and later... I still dey observe.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by AbuMikey(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
Barcanista, shame nor even dey catch You sef?

Buhari did one time 50% slash, applaud Him, and not tell us some funny stories of GEJ 25% cut.

Okay, by 16th March 2019, Buhari will announce another 30% Pay cut, and I hope You would be happy!

Rubbish!!!!!!

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Tintinnoty(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
op most time ur posts are full of hates but i chose to comment cos this might hit the FP

11 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by mrvitalis(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
I really wonder why people like u that are supposed to be smart decide to do foolish things.
I am beginning to believe u are being pad for this

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Olamitisoji(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
There's one thing Nigerians will always like and that's lies. Buhari will continue to feed us lies and we will celebrate him for. Oga Jona who they tell us truth, we us our hands push am out of office, what have we gotten in return?

1) We asked for public declaration of assets he's giving us a hypocritical 50% pay cut in his salary and that of his V.P.

2)We asked for security, and end to the Boko Haram sect he brought on Nigeria season of death and to add salt on injury he want to negotiate with terrorist.

3) He said he will make $1=N1 he gave us $1=#236.

Haven't we noticed everything this man touches deteriorate? BabaBuhari is really Nigeria's nightmare.

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Ugik(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2015
INTROVERT:

What does introvert and extrovert have to do with declaring assets. grin
lol..en don call you name baah
Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Ugik(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2015
Well,am non partisan,so i ve nothing reasonable to comment
Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Iykopee(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2015
The daura zombie shud declare his asset. Nobody takes Nigerians for fools.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by francizy(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Barcanister, if not for this post, we would have thought Buhari had achieved something oh!

Buhari's achievement so far = 0

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Madam Goodmorning... Honestly, I think FTC should be officially known as INTROVERT space.

Thanks for the kind words Dear.. kiss
INTROVERT:
Do you know why I like barcanista?

He is one of the few people with true brains at digging up evidence to back up what he says on NL. grin

As it's custom on this forum I will be bashed but its okay.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by blessnija: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2015
dullardinhoooo ftc

9 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by san316(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2015
After he "slashed" his salary as an austerity measure, he then went ahead to budget 1billion for food and topped up his presidential fleet. He didn't want to hype it in the media but then you have vanguard reporting it. If at all the ogogoro master claimed to have slashed his pay, he never did it in the real sense of it.

Goofluck ebelemi is a thief with an innocent disposition which is the worst form of criminal deception.

So PMB is a million times better than the clueless drunkard.

POLL: If u believe GEJ ate Gucci beans and LV rice, like. If you believe Buhari is eating Uncle bense rice and iron beans share.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem2: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2015
He claimed he slashed salaries because of austerity but lead in the eating of approximately a billion naira of food in a financial year. Can any sane mind reconcile this?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by argon500: 9:40am On Jul 12, 2015
Barcanista and GEJ - Butter and Bread

GEJ has gone at least for now. Do you mean because he is no more there, Nigeria shouldn't move forward?

I bet you can never be a class captain talkless of family leader.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by stan241(m): 9:41am On Jul 12, 2015
Iykopee:
The daura zombie shud declare his asset. Nobody takes Nigerians for fools.
Because everyone is aiming abuses and sounding really pained doesn't mean you should too, you could actually criticise without sounding like this on a sunday morning...udo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by uniklinkum(m): 9:43am On Jul 12, 2015
Another crap by the protection seeking fool.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by san316(m): 9:43am On Jul 12, 2015
Some people want to get asset declaration knowing fully well that GEJ never declared his and even said he doesn't give a damn(I'm sure he was under the influence of goskolo then). Now PMB is just 42 days old in office which is not up to 2% of his term and they want to make Nigerians feel they've made a wrong choice. Rabble rousers!!!

The funny part of this is that even if the asset declaration is made public, same. People will scream "it is a lie"!!! "he has fronts!!!" And so on. Remember the 150 cow issue.

I like PMB, the things they say don't move him, he does what he feels is right and ignores their rants.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by seniorklop: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2015
OP, if you and your likes think this is how opposition work then you have a lot to learn. Keep on comparing a failed govt against a govt that has potential to right PDP wrongs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2015
Wait for me barcanista, am coming... tongue

MODIFIED Now I don come.

Please answer me this, did Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan wake up one morning and cut his salary? Was it not the heighten tension that seized the country at that time when he removed subsidy from PMS on Jan 1 2012 that made him cut his salary 25%?.

So if Save Nigeria Group have not held the former President Jonathan by his balls would he have effected that pay cut? Just a reminder, if he was really 'the sacrificial president' as you put it, why on Earth, did he slash PHCN tariff by half, and removed 10 Naira from the price of PMS when he knew he was going to loose the 2015 presidential election?.

Dude, never compare a noble man with a gentleman, they are two different type of individual.

And to those who praise Nairaland's political prostitute, I must say that you all are narrow minded. Your inability to see things the way it truely is blinds you from seeing the truth.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by stan241(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2015
As much as i respect GEJ for what he did and didn't do during his time as president, i feel its time we moved past him to be honest, i believe GMB will do well even though at the same ridiculously slow pace Late Yar'adua moved with and also noting that times are indeed different but let's not pretend that the signs(however slow and frustrating) are not there

Its the same thing with the politicians in that most still believe we are still in the period of electioneering, supporters of both GEJ and GMB need to move on and accept that for us to move forward, we must embrace each other, yes its ok to criticise but let's do that reasonably at least GEJ was given ample time to do his work and i believe same courtesy should be extended to PMB

Udo diri unu na ubochi sunday

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 9:52am On Jul 12, 2015
Follows GEJ and Samboribobo noble step right?
How about the continuous attacks by Boko Haram, whose steps is he following?
I've come to realize that you're a proud hypocrite...Every thing good GMB does, you must find a way to associate it to GEJ as if GEJ took a 50% pay cut...Can you please accord the increasing attacks of Boko Haram to the ineptitude of GEJ/PDP led administration?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2015
Tintinnoty:
op most time ur posts are full of hates but i chose to comment cos this might hit the FP
Uncle please where is the "hate"?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2015
san316:
After he "slashed" his salary as an austerity measure, he then went ahead to budget 1billion for food and topped up his presidential fleet. He didn't want to hype it in the media but then you have vanguard reporting it. If at all the ogogoro master claimed to have slashed his pay, he never did it in the real sense of it.

Goofluck ebelemi is a thief with an innocent disposition which is the worst form of criminal deception.

So PMB is a million times better than the clueless drunkard.

POLL: If u believe GEJ ate Gucci beans and LV rice, like. If you believe Buhari is eating Uncle bense rice and iron beans share.

The N1billion feeding was downwardly reviewed in the 2013, 2014 and 2015 budgets. In fact, it fell by more than 50%. As at today, Buhari is also a beneficiary of the 2015 budget.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan by cjrane: 9:59am On Jul 12, 2015
barcanista:
“I write to forward the completed IPPIS registration form of Mr. President and to draw your kind attention to Mr. President's directive that only 50% of his salary be paid to him.”

That was an excerpt of the letter written to the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation by the State House Permanent Secretary on behalf of President Buhari as published by a section of the mainstream press.
It is funny however that supporters and career praise-singers of the Buhari administration are overblowing the action of the president out of proportion(while some mock Jonathan) in their bid to score cheap political point. It is good we set the record straight and to remind Nigerians the deed of the immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan.

January 2012
Jonathan was indeed the most sacrificial President of Nigeria and pacesetter. On the 7th Day of January 2012 (at the height of the subsidy agitation), Dr Ebele Jonathan announced 25% cut of his salary and those of all Federal Executive office holders including the VP, Ministers, D-Gs of Agencies and departments, federal Permanent Secretaries, SAs, SSAs etc.
The implementation of his noble act was made known 10 days later by the then Minister of State for Finance.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/breaking-news-jonathan-on-nationwide-broadcast/
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-begins-implementation-of-25-pay-cut/

16 March 2015:
Despite the 2012 25% salary cut for President Jonathan and his appointees, it was reported on March 16 that exPresident Jonathan further directed that salaries of all federal executive office holders be further slashed by 30% (including his) as part of his government austerity measure. According to the D-G Budget office Dr Bright Okogu, (in His words):
“Political office holders’ salaries are being cut by between 20-30 per cent, ranging from permanent secretaries, directors’ general and so on all the way to ministers. This, however, does not amount to very much, but the purpose is to show the commitment of this administration that if they want to make adjustment, they want to do it and
lead by(example)."
www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/03/austerity-30-per-cent-pay-slash-for-jonathan-ministers-others:

All these were done without media hype and buzz flying around it. In fact, the exPresident was more concerned about making sacrifice than scoring political point nor playing to the emotions of Nigerians.

We appreciate President Buhari and VP Osinbajo for following the noble step of Dr Ebele Jonathan and Arc Namadi Sambo respectively. However, it is also good to remind them that today, July 12, 2015 makes it "Day 42" of their Presidency and they are yet to publicly declare their assets in line with their February electoral pledge. The image of this government will continuously be in the the decline as long as they continue to delay or fail to fulfil their pledge by publicly declaring their assets. If they assume that this paycut will make Nigerians to forget about the pledge they make then they need to face reality.

Buhari is concerned with fooling Nigerians. Unfortunately, everyone isn't a fool.

Buhari should declare his assets publicly as he promised, before we begin to picket him to do so!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Want Isa Pantami On Terrorist Watchlist - Nigerians Petition US Government / Ifeanyi Ejiofor's Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case (Video) / 2019 Presidency : Fayose’s Game Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.