Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Aniomas of Delta State - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Aniomas of Delta State (13577 Views)

The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State / Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State / Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
omololu2020:
we hav yorubas in anioma
the olukumis speak yoruba-like language and i see dem as my bro. No sentiments
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
omololu2020:
we hav yorubas in anioma
So, there Yorubas but no Igbos. Oya, clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by stanech: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
op whom are you trying to convince? because it seems you are the confused person here

I am am Igbo from Anambra I have met friends from asaba' isieluku umunede pnisha ugbo igbuzor and even agbo. all from delta state in our monthly igbo meeting.

evee my igbanke neighbours have mames like Ndidi Isioma ifeanyi all Igbo names and I understand them mildly when they speak. even their father speaks plain Igbo with me .

so what's your headache?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by phyllosilicate(m): 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:
i am frm d Oshimili axis
okay
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
omololu2020:
was it Nzeogwu alone dat lead d coup?

Ifeajuna, another Anioma son. You want some more names?
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by omololu2020(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

Ifeajuna, another Anioma son. You want some more names?
ifeajuna was from onitsha.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by omololu2020(m): 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:
the olukumis speak yoruba-like language and i see dem as my bro. No sentiments
ok bro
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by meforyou1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

The aniomas aint igbos.
Atleast we aint fighting for Biafra nd we speak enuani nt igbo.
And if i may ask, do u call the Benins yoruba and vice-versa even tho their language and customs re alike?
Do u call a benin person who bears a yoruba name yoruba?
Anioma people are 100% percent igbos. The asaba king said so himself. There's an 'Anioma are igbos' Facebook page created by and contributed by your people. U guys used to be called bendel igbo and later delta igbo. What is 'enuani' is it not an igbo igbo word? Asaba and onitsha people are one and d same, only separated by a river.

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
stanech:
op whom are you trying to convince? because it seems you are the confused person here

I am am Igbo from Anambra I have met friends from asaba' isieluku umunede pnisha ugbo igbuzor and even agbo. all from delta state in our monthly igbo meeting.

evee my igbanke neighbours have mames like Ndidi Isioma ifeanyi all Igbo names and I understand them mildly when they speak. even their father speaks plain Igbo with me .

so what's your headache?

may ur lies neva lead u to hell.
If my name is Adetutu does that mean am a yoruba?
Who are the Aniomas then if i may ask?
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
meforyou1:
Anioma people are 100% percent igbos. The asaba king said so himself. There's an 'Anioma are igbos' Facebook page created by and contributed by your people. U guys used to be called bendel igbo and later delta igbo. What is 'enuani' is it not an igbo igbo word? Asaba and onitsha people are one and d same, only separated by a river.
okuta(yoruba) and (okute) igbo.
Who owns the word since u wanna base ur facts on words
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
omololu2020:
ifeajuna was from onitsha.

Ifeajuna was from Anioma part of Onitsha, like wise Zik. They were all Anioma people that their Igbo ancestors once resided in ancient Bini.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by bright87: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
meforyou1:
My brother stop wasting your time with people who argue blindly... Enuani is s is a word in Igbo language and never a language.

3 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
bright87:
My brother stop wasting your time with people who argue blindly... Enuani is s is a word in Igbo language and never a language.
ur opinion tho
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
I am tired of this Anioma dance of shame!

Look at those that were behind the so called Igbo coup: Nzeogwu, Chude Sokei, Ifeajuna. They are all Anioma people, yet we in the spirit of brotherhood bore the consequences of that coup with them.

If they don't stop this their madness, then maybe it's time we start opening those can of worms.

They are eager to run away to run away from the Igbo stigma they created? Maybe it's time the rest of Igbo nation let them take responsibility of their 1966 misguided actions.

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by omololu2020(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

Ifeajuna was from Anioma part of Onitsha, like wise Zik. They were all Anioma people that their Igbo ancestors once resided in ancient Bini.
so som part of onitsha,or d whole of onitsha blong to d anioma pple? Wia dis guys also from anioma major okafor,anuforo,chukwuka,captain Nwobosi?

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

Emmanuel Arinze Ifeajuna (1935– 25 September 1967)
An Igbo from Onitsha, he was a science graduate University College of Ibadan and became involved in politics, later joining the military. He
rose to the position of Major and
was a conspirator and participant in
the failed 1966 Nigerian coup d'état. He later returned to action in the Nigerian Civil War, fighting for Biafra, but was executed following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria and
overthrow Emeka Ojukwu.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Ifeajuna

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by glassjar1: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
stop arguing with hiding amala cowards .

he don't mind writing a whole yaba tech library .

write more ,write more , you wicked people .

you already wrote your wishes on Igbo's . ok devil the divider .

long live IGBO GIANT chasing amala bastards . do i have to defend my Igbo asaba origin ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by bosedekemi(f): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
Who can forget the torture and torments experienced by our people during the Nigeria-Biafra war? Our people still suffer from the haunting memories of that war. During that war, our people experienced macabre brutality delivered with breathless vapidity. Who can forget the Asaba massacre?
Who can forget the Isheagu massacre?
We shall not forget. Our children shall not forget. Nigeria must not forget.

embarassed cry

So sad. Nigeria means injustice undecided
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by belzabull(f): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

The aniomas aint igbos.
Atleast we aint fighting for Biafra nd we speak enuani nt igbo.
And if i may ask, do u call the Benins yoruba and vice-versa even tho their language and customs re alike?
Do u call a benin person who bears a yoruba name yoruba?
May God punish you for this nonsense, useless child of Satan. Listen very good! We aniomas are Igbo, I don't care whatever your objective is but one thing is certain, it is dead on arrival. You should ask your mother who your father is because its obvious you are a lost fooool.

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

Emmanuel Arinze Ifeajuna (1935– 25 September 1967)
An Igbo from Onitsha, he was a science graduate University College of Ibadan and became involved in politics, later joining the military. He
rose to the position of Major and
was a conspirator and participant in
the failed 1966 Nigerian coup d'état. He later returned to action in the Nigerian Civil War, fighting for Biafra, but was executed following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria and
overthrow Emeka Ojukwu.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Ifeajuna

Are you silly or what? Onitsha of course is an Igbo town and Ifeajuna was right to identify himself as an Igbo.

But the Royal lineage of Onitsha which Ifeajuna hails from are descendants of Ezechima. They are Anioma people. If you are from Anioma, you should know this.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by nextdoor84(m): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
Only in Nigeria will you see a man denying his root for short term gains....very soon the genetic(DNA) testing tool will become readily available,so we can lay this case to rest once and for all..... smh
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
1966 COUP PLANNERS: MAJOR, CHUKWUMA NZEOGWU - ANIOMA IGBO MAJOR, EMMANUEL IFEAJUNA - ANIOMA IGBO MAJOR, CHUKWUKA - ANIOMA IGBO CAPTAIN, ADELEKE - YORUBA LIEUTENANT, FOLA OYEWOLE - YORUBA BRIGEDIAR, VICTOR BANJO - YORUBA MAJOR, WALE ADEMOYEGA - YORUBA LIEUTENANT, FOLA OLAFIMIHA - YORUBA LIEUTENANT, A.N. C AZUBOUGOR - ANIOMA IGBO LIEUTENANT, A.A.O EGBIKOR - ANIOMA IGBO COLONEL, NWAWO - ANIOMA IGBO COLONEL, CYRIL IWEZE - ANIOMA IGBO COLONEL, NWAJEI - ANIOMA IGBO COLONEL, MIKE OKWECHIME - ANIOMA IGBO MAJOR, ALBERT OKONKWO - ANIOMA IGBO CAPTAIN, HENRY IGBOBA - ANIOMA IGBOS col.Trimnell- Anioma Igbo col. Nzefili - Anioma Igbo Lt. Col Animam Keshi - Delta Igbo Col. Ejoor - Edo/Yoruba I MAJOR ALALE - IJAW MAN - civilian

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by belzabull(f): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
bosedekemi:
Who can forget the torture and torments experienced by our people during the Nigeria-Biafra war? Our people still suffer from the haunting memories of that war. During that war, our people experienced macabre brutality delivered with breathless vapidity. Who can forget the Asaba massacre?
Who can forget the Isheagu massacre?
We shall not forget. Our children shall not forget. Nigeria must not forget.

embarassed cry

So sad. Nigeria means injustice undecided
Hello dear, are you also from anioma?
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Perhaps, if the rest of Ndiigbo denied Anioma in 1966, and allow them bear the full effect of Nzeogwu stupidity, we won't be in this mess today.

An Anioma coup was allowed to be named Igbo coup by Ndiigbo, Ironsi was busy trying to calm strained Hausa-Fulani nerves when he should be denouncing and handing those Anioma people over, and this is how we get paid back by this ungrateful people.

All over the Facebook, they have numerous groups, each spewing Igbophobic words, I was introduced into one of those groups by a friend and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by belzabull(f): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:
I am tired of this Anioma dance of shame!

Look at those that were behind the so called Igbo coup: Nzeogwu, Chude Sokei, Ifeajuna. They are all Anioma people, yet we in the spirit of brotherhood bore the consequences of that coup with them.

If they don't stop this their madness, then maybe it's time we start opening those can of worms.

They are eager to run away to run away from the Igbo stigma they created? Maybe it's time the rest of Igbo nation let them take responsibility of their 1966 misguided actions.

Nonsense!
I strongly disagree, you cannot because of one fool alienated your siblings, by so doing you have helped the enemies succeed. Don't forget that was the objective of Hausa led fed govt then, to divide Igbo and further create enmity amongst them using their divide and rule tactics

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by meforyou1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
Aniomas are not igbos yet the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo is an Anioma man
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by tonychristopher: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
divide and rule
ifele ndi anioma na eme si m
ndi ogom ogini
Igbo bu ofu anioma bu accronym

ogini ka ndi ofe mmanu ji unu any garri
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by tonychristopher: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
meforyou1:
Aniomas are not igbos yet the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo is an Anioma man

yorubas are south south wanna be they thrive in chaos

ignore the Thread
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
belzabull:
I strongly disagree, you cannot because of one fool alienated your siblings, by so doing you have helped the enemies succeed. Don't forget that was the objective of Hausa led fed govt then, to divide Igbo and further create enmity amongst them using their divide and rule tactics

Igbophobia reigns supreme in Anioma land. This is a fact I had always wanted to shy away from. The commoners in Anioma are Igbophobic, the elites are Igbotic probably because they understand the strength of numbers and Igbo population.

Visit Anioma Facebook pages, too many Igbophobic comments there, especially from Ika and Ukwuani axis, and some from Aniocha/ Oshimili axis.

They are the cause of the Igbo nation Fall from Grace to grass, their irrational sons I had listed above brought the rot, yet they are blind to see that because we took the blame for them. We allowed an Anioma coup to become tagged Igbo coup. Maybe it's about time we 're visit that part of history.

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by HopeAtHand: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:
Perhaps, if the rest of Ndiigbo denied Anioma in 1966, and allow them bear the full effect of Nzeogwu stupidity, we won't be in this mess today.

An Anioma coup was allowed to be named Igbo coup by Ndiigbo, Ironsi was busy trying to calm strained Hausa-Fulani nerves when he should be denouncing and handing those Anioma people over, and this is how we get paid back by this ungrateful people.

All over the Facebook, they have numerous groups, each spewing Igbophobic words, I was introduced into one of those groups by a friend and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Nonsense!

What does the rejection across Igboid groups in Delta and Rivers tell you...It simply says something is wrong with being Igbo.

Tell your people to work on themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
HopeAtHand:

What does the rejection across Igboid groups in Delta and Rivers tell you...It simply says something is wrong with being Igbo.

Tell your people to work on themselves.

The Igbos were doing quite well before " Anioma coup".

Nothing is wrong with being Igbo. We built Igbo nation to a strong unit from the scratch, many Igbo speaking glory hunters joined to enjoy the Igbo grace when the going was good, and they subsequently destroyed our grace with their stupidity, now we are back in 're building process, and the glory hunters haven destroyed the house want to hop off.

Or are you saying that we should have denied Anioma in 1966, sacrifice their misguided sons to the angry Hausa -Fulanis, and disassociate ourselves from their coup, just to retain power?

That's against the " onye aghala nwanne ya spirit" upon which the Igbo nation was built.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? / Oluwo Of Iwo Call Out Nigerian Govt To Outlaw Secret Society In Nigeria / Bishop Paulinus Ezeokafor's Iwaji (New Yam) Festival 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.