Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

The Aniomas of Delta State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Aniomas of Delta State (13569 Views)

The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State / Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State / Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by phyllosilicate(m): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2015
bright87:
Can we let this Anioma not Igbo issue rest pls ? I am Anioma from issele uku to be precise and I see myself as Igbo... Don't know why we continue arguing over this... Even the so called south east igbos they all still have variance in dialects.. If u say am not Igbo who am I then ? Yoruba or Hausa Abi ? I truly believe those who argue this are neither from Anioma. Even Yorubas have variance also as the variance in ilorin is different from what is spoken Lagos but you will never see any of these people deny being Yorubas... Pls let's allow this issue rest. Anioma is Igbo !
Thanks for your submission, Anioma is not a language. But the whole issue is confusing to me. I grew up in Benin and I was able to interact with many people from Anioma. Two of my neighbours were from Agbor they don't call themselves igbos, same with my mum friend from ukuale. Also I have met people from Anioma who call themselves igbo. There was a guy that I thought was from south east for many years, only recently he told me he is from Anioma. Why is it so? I am just asking to learn.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by doublewisdom: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

The aniomas aint igbos.
Atleast we aint fighting for Biafra nd we speak enuani nt igbo.
And if i may ask, do u call the Benins yoruba and vice-versa even tho their language and customs re alike?
Do u call a benin person who bears a yoruba name yoruba?
Taaaaaa! Speak for yourself! How dare you say Aniomas are not Igbos! Are you cursed? Atulu!

10 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2015
phyllosilicate:

I once saw some people speaking in benin, at first I thought they were speaking benin, later it seems they turned to igbo, then again benin. Which part of Anioma are they?

It's likely the Ika-Igbo speaking parts of Edo state.
The Igbankes( formerly Igbo- Akiri) being the largest and then the Ekpon( Uwa Elderson Echiejile is from Ekpon), Inyelen, Irun, etc.

They speak a form of Igbo language that has been laced with many borrowed Edo words from their Edo neighbors,as a result of years of cultural interactions with many Edo speaking tribes, but the language remain essentially Igbo.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbanke

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by bright87: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

go learn abt ur history and ancestoral links.
Sure u ve neva been to issele uku.
My bro... Who are we then if we are not from the igboid ethnic group ? Hausa or Yoruba right ? Or maybe I say Aniomas ? How come we all share same similarities with out brodas from d south east and all connected by same land mass ? You talk about history as if there has ever been a proper and credible history about Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by doublewisdom: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2015
BuddahMonk:

May God heal your ignorance in Jesus name
Ignorance abi madness. Na better crase dey worry am.

6 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 11:36am On Jul 12, 2015
bright87:

My bro... Who are we then if we are not from the igboid ethnic group ? Hausa or Yoruba right ? Or maybe I say Aniomas ? How come we all share same similarities with out brodas from d south east and all connected by same land mass ? You talk about history as if there has ever been a proper and credible history about Nigeria.
give me the same similarities u share with ur brother from the south-east
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by doublewisdom: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2015
Noneroone:
waiting for Anioma wannabe from Southwest.
The op is likely one! Search no further.

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2015
doublewisdom:

Taaaaaa! Speak for yourself! How dare you say Aniomas are not Igbos! Are you cursed? Atulu!
double wisdom,
who are the Aniomas if i may ask?
Until u give me ur own understanding of Anioma now, i will take u for a ''double ignorance'' d opposite of ur name
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by phyllosilicate(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

It's likely the Ika-Igbo speaking parts of Edo state.
The Igbankes( formerly Igbo- Akiri) being the largest and then the Ekpon( Uwa Elderson Echiejile is from Ekpon), Inyelen, Irun, etc.

They speak a form of Igbo language that has been corrupted by many Edo words from their Edo neighbors, but the language remain essentially Igbo.

What I heard is not essentially Igbo, seriously it was more of Benin. About 2/3 of the words I heard were Benin. I don't understand Igbo and I do Benin, I know what I am saying.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2015
doublewisdom:
Ignorance abi madness. Na better crase dey worry am.
u speak factless... Oya go roll tyre
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by doublewisdom: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2015
175:

Tony nwa onye Illah. . .oyah okpa oooo. . .Igwe!
Kakime?
Obu onye Illah na ekwu ifeh? Aluh! I hereby fine him akpa ato na ofu ewu!

3 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2015
BuddahMonk:
If Anioma State is created.

It will be more viable than 9 states in the North, 2 in South West and 1 in South East.

What is stopping the Anioma movement.

They have one city and two large towns.

Asaba

Agbor

Kwale

They have the largest land area for industrial estate at Ogwashi Uku.

They have one of the largest gas deposits in Nigeria at Osisa and crude Oil at Okpai, Aboh, Kwale, et al.

They have the longest stretch of inland coast off the River Niger streching from Asaba, to Okoh, to Uchi, to Aboh.

They have airport and industrial layouts.

They have one of the most thrivIng tourism sector in Nigeria situated in Asaba.

They have one of the highest concentration of human resources in Nigeria.

They have produced the greatest football stars in Nigeria more than entire Northern Nigeria combine.

They have many institutions of higher learning and numerous secondary schools.

Most importantly, Aniomaland is 100% fertile and arable, flat and with rush vegetation.

From Kwale to Asaba is 55mins while from Agbor to Asaba is 42 mins all by roads.
Anioma State .....united we stand
Take a look at the writeup and not even once did Igbo appear there even in an attempt at the usual disclaimer but Awolowo appeared on a thread about Anioma. I have observed a lot at the behavior of a lot of Anioma people, so it surprised me why we should keep carrying their matter on our should. Every man should answer his papa name from now on. I used to be passionate about a unified Igboland that includes Anioma but I don't care anymore.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by doublewisdom: 11:44am On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

u speak factless...
Oya go roll tyre
I will let you go. I already fined you.

3 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2015
phyllosilicate:

What I heard is not essentially Igbo, seriously it was more of Benin. About 2/3 of the words I heard were Benin. I don't understand Igbo and I do Benin, I know what I am saying.
what u heard was an ika language
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2015
phyllosilicate:

Thanks for your submission, Anioma is not a language. But the whole issue is confusing to me. I grew up in Benin and I was able to interact with many people from Anioma. Two of my neighbours were from Agbor they don't call themselves igbos, same with my mum friend from ukuale. Also I have met people from Anioma who call themselves igbo. There was a guy that I thought was from south east for many years, only recently he told me he is from Anioma. Why is it so? I am just asking to learn.
The confusion starts from the lumping of the whole of Igboid Delta state as Anioma. Youre more likely to see someone from the Ika and Ukwuani axis deny being Igbo than say the Aniocha axis. For instance, the OP is most likely from Ika or Ukwuani. They are the ones who carry the whole Anioma not Igbo on their head.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2015
phyllosilicate:

You don't know what you are saying. All Ika clans in Edo speak an Igboid dialect with Igbo sentence structure laced with Edo words that no Bini man can ever understand, except pick out the Bini words.

Since you don't understand Igbo, it's likely that what you heard is one of the numerous Edo languages in Edo state that sound like Bini but is still distinct. eg Esan, Uneme, Usen, etc.

2 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by phyllosilicate(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

The confusion starts from the lumping of the whole of Igboid Delta state as Anioma. Youre more likely to see someone from the Ika and Ukwuani axis deny being Igbo than say the Aniocha axis. For instance, the OP is most likely from Ika or Ukwuani. They are the ones who carry the whole Anioma not Igbo on their head.
I agree with you, the guy is from Aniocha.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by phyllosilicate(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:
okay
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by hurricaneChris: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

Take a look at the writeup and not even once did Igbo appear there even in an attempt at the usual disclaimer but Awolowo appeared on a thread about Anioma. I have observed a lot at the behavior of a lot of Anioma people, so it surprised me why we should keep carrying their matter on our should. Every man should answer his papa name from now on. I used to be passionate about a unified Igboland that includes Anioma but I don't care anymore.

It's very annoying. But I understand that most times, those who actually say such gibberish like "I am Anioma, I aint igbo" are not actually from delta state, let alone Anioma!

Anyway, everyone has the right to determine who he is.
I think the OP has chosen not to be igbo, but true people from Anioma won't say same.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 11:54am On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

The Aniomas can't re write history as they please. If Anioma stops being Igbo, then alot has to change in Nigerian history.

For a start, the removal of Anioma from the Igbo nation will mean that Nzeogwu coup must cease answering Igbo coup, and become named "Anioma coup" , this will change a lot of things about how the civil war pre events are perceived by non Igbos.

Are Aniomas ready to bear the blunt and consequences an " Anioma coup" tag comes along with?

4 Likes

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2015
hurricaneChris:

It's very annoying. But I understand that most times, those who actually say such gibberish like "I am Anioma, I aint igbo" are not actually from delta state, let alone Anioma!

Anyway, everyone has the right to determine who he is.
I think the OP has chosen not to be igbo, but true people from Anioma won't say same.
The faster we started accepting the reality, the better. You will meet a lot of Anioma people that will tell you that they are not Igbo. It's nothing new.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

No Bini man can understand Ika language. Non!

Could it be that he heard "Oza" language, an Edoid language spoken in Ika by Edo migrants that settled there long time ago?
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

The Aniomas can't re write history as they please. If Anioma stops being Igbo, then alot has to change in Nigerian history.

For a start, the removal of Anioma from the Igbo nation will mean that Nzeogwu coup must cease answering Igbo coup, and become named "Anioma coup" , this will change a lot of things about how the civil war pre events are perceived by non Igbos.

Are Aniomas ready to bear the blunt and consequences an " Anioma coup" tag comes along with?
If this happens, it won't change zilch. The rest of Nigeria already have their minds made up. To them the coup was an Igbo coup and nothing more. You will have a hard time explaining to them that Chukwuma Nzeogwu is not an Igbo name.

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by omololu2020(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

y do ibos from d south east do carry aniomas and ikwerre are ibos issue on dia head?

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by doublewisdom: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:

double wisdom,
who are the Aniomas if i may ask?
Until u give me ur own understanding of Anioma now, i will take u for a ''double ignorance'' d opposite of ur name
I won't indulge your attention seeking thread. This topic has been discussed several times on this forum. Aniomas are Igbos and Ralph Uwaechu from Ogwashi Uku was once a high ranking member of Ohaneze ndi Igbo.
BTW, call me whatever suits you, it doesn't matter just like your warped opinion about the Aniomas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by phyllosilicate(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

You don't know what you are saying. All Ika clans in Edo speak an Igboid dialect with Igbo sentence structure laced with Edo words that no Bini man can ever understand, except pick out the Bini words.

Since you don't understand Igbo, it's likely that what you heard is one of the numerous Edo languages in Edo state that sound like Bini but is still distinct. eg Esan, Uneme, Usen, etc.
I know what I am saying, I am from Edo and Understand 3 edo languages Benin, Estako and Esan. In Esan for example they is corruption in the pronunciation of the binin words. But what I heard, the Benin words were pronounced correctly. It might be that they are an Ika village that has boundary with a benin village.
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
omololu2020:
y do ibos from d south east do carry aniomas and ikwerre are ibos issue on dia head?
I guess it's because they see them as brothers. Why do you carry this kid of question on your head. What's your link to Anioma?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by omololu2020(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
pazienza:

was it Nzeogwu alone dat lead d coup?

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

here's the mistake most people make.
The Aniomas are united irrespective of their distinct languages.
I am from Oshimilli and as such see an ika as my bro.
Wats d fuss abt ika or ukwuani carring the whole Anioma on their head?
Anioma is 1
Enuani is our language

1 Like

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by omololu2020(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

I guess it's because they see them as brothers. Why do you carry this kid of question on your head. What's your link to Anioma?
we hav yorubas in anioma
Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

If this happens, it won't change zilch. The rest of Nigeria already have their minds made up. To them the coup was an Igbo coup and nothing more. You will have a hard time explaining to them that Chukwuma Nzeogwu is not an Igbo name.

It will, once we replicate their denial, by denying them too.

We become more vocal about denying them, and threaten fire and brimstone should anyone refer to Anioma people and their coup as Igbos.

The other day, Anioma people organized an event in Asaba where they were denying their Igbo identity, they claimed Zik was an Anioma son too, and they are right,for Onitsha was Anioma town before they lost the Ekumeku war. Butt they dont know the implications of what they are doing.

The Igbo stigma they are trying to run away from was brought into the Igbo nation by them.

Remove Zik, Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu all Anioma sons from the Igbo history, tell me what other negatives is remaining?

The Aniomas through Zik built up the Igbo nation, and through Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna, brought about its weakness, they can run, but they can't hide.
We( the rest of the Igbo nation) has been bearing the Anioma burden, but if this is how they intend to pay us back, maybe it's time we tell the world the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aniomas of Delta State by mactoni91(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I agree with you, the guy is from Aniocha.
i am frm d Oshimili axis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? / Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! / Oluwo Of Iwo Call Out Nigerian Govt To Outlaw Secret Society In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.