Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide (1428 Views)

Ruth Bircham: "I Was Raped By Facebook Friend From Nigeria" / 5-Year-Old Girl Raped In A School In Anambra As Owners Try To Settle Family / 19-year-old Virgin Gang-raped In Kebbi For Refusal Of Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by reportnaija(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-tRmsVSnVKI8/VaJFgLsOJWI/AAAAAAAF3k4/UHtPmbkMqbI/s1600/11738008_10205788116973584_8911312128902450902_n.jpg[/img]

Chiawolam, who was among students who sat for the Junior Secondary School education (JSS) examination recently from Isieke Model Community High School, was reported to have dashed into the bush at the back of the family house with her mother’s head tie, climbed on top of a guava tree and hung herself two days after she was raped by the three beastly boys. The rape incident happened on Sunday, June 28, 2015, while she hung herself on Tuesday morning, July 7, 2015.

Chiawolam’s father, Mr Umeh said that early in the morning that Tuesday, her mother called her to find out how she was raped and she complained that she was having pains all over her body. The mother told her to endure till they come back from the police station that morning, but unknown to them, the deceased had another plan.

“She took her jacket and what we later discovered was a scarf and left, warning that nobody should mention her name. We thought she was going to the toilet,” the distraught father said.

The members of Umeh family, who are natives of Amaeke Abam in Ohafia LGA, have been residing in Inyienyi village, where they acquired land and built a house.

A family source disclosed that Comfort had told her mother earlier that she would not be able to stay alive to behold the faces of those who defiled her, but the mother did not understand what she meant.

It was her deafening cry while struggling between life and death on top of the tree that drew people’s attention to the bush. They then rushed to the scene to discover that her tongue had already protruded out of her mouth showing that she had given up the ghost.

Comfort’s mother, Mrs Ekenna Umeh, a prophetess who runs a prayer ministry in her home said that the deceased would have clocked 15 years in October this year.

She said that her daughter did not like having any affair with boys as she swore that she would keep her virginity for her husband. She was said to have told her mother that she would complete her studies and start working before considering marrying. The deceased mother alleged that one Ndubuisi had been disturbing her daughter since they moved to the area in 2013, and had in her presence threatened to deal with her if she refused his amorous overtures.

Her words: “In my presence, I had asked my daughter and she told me that relationship is not her prob¬lem now until she is through with her education.

She hardly collects gifts from boys nor accepts free rides when coming back from school.”

Chiawolam was said to have gone to see her sister in a nearby village. On her way from the visit, the three boys allegedly abducted and took her into a nearby forest, where they have a cult house and shrine.

Explaining further, the mother told Sunday Sun “While this was going on, my daughter told me that she was still shouting, but nobody could come to her rescue. She said that immediately they got into the forest, near Inyienyi stream, one of the boys named Ndubuisi brought out a dagger and threatened to kill her if she refused to submit herself to them. Eventually, they over-pow¬ered her, tore off her skirt, blouse, pants, brassier and forcefully raped her in turns. She said that when they were doing all those things to her, she passed out, only to wake and see herself in the pool of her own blood.

It became difficult for her to stand up and walk out of the forest, as her head was turning and every area of her abdomen and private region was paining her. She said that she looked at herself to discover that blood filled the whole place like where a goat was slaughtered for sacrifice.”

Mrs, Umeh said she never imagined that her daughter would take her life. She called on the police and all relevant authorities to give her justice and ensure that her daughter did not die in vain by making those who pushed her to suicide pay for their sins.

The Police Public Relations Officer for Abia State, Mr Ezekiel Udeviotu, who confirmed the incident described it as unfortunate, stating that the police was doing all within its powers to arrest the culprits, who were said to have fled the community.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/07/photo-teenager-who-was-raped-in-abia.html
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by Abdullateef77(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
RIP
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by reportnaija(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
undecided
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by khukhi(f): 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
The worst thing about RAPE in africa is that it is so common and so many cases go unreported. A woman is scarred for life after such an incidents.

Lack of education is also a problem with our parents,this girl was supposed to have been taken for counselling and maybe even removed from this area until she is able to deal with this situation completely.

Look ...I am an honest person and I am not shy/embarrassed to say that I dealt with something similar when I was 17 and i'm glad that my family was very supportive and I moved to an area where no one knew me and it took months for me to recover. The effect is psychological.

I remember that I used to have nightmares...dream the guys were in my house and I wake up in the middle of the night out of fear and to double check that its just a dream. Its a pity that she did not get counselling I believe it would have saved her life.

Another thing is that I had elder women who came to me and related to me that they had been raped before and this made me feel that I'm not alone and they helped me through it. The problem with our society's is the taboo associated with rape when it is never a woman's fault.

May her soul rest in peace and may you all reach out whenever you can.

Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by peteregwu(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pls this is a warning, no matter what you faced I'm life; be it good or bad, never you commit suicide. If you do you will face the worst suffering forever in hell fire. You can take life that doesn't belong to you. Suicidal is a terrible sin in God's sight, the e d is hell fire.
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by khukhi(f): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
And one think a man will never know about rape survivors is that every time we hear that another woman has been raped we cry...inside. Sometimes you get teary eyed and sometimes you weep privately because you worry that another young woman has to go through that in this life. I was with some friends last weekend ...actually we were on holiday And everyone was like...my brother always says he will kill anyone who ever rapes me...blah!blah!blah!...

I just sat there quietly. Cause I wondered why my brother didn't kill the bustards.

Its messed up. I know.
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by mercielizzie(f): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
cry
khukhi:
And one think a man will never know about rape survivors is that every time we hear that another woman has been raped we cry...inside.

Its messed up. I know.
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by sinaj(f): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
awwww xo bad cry

Diz what happens to rape victims when u avoid counselling dem...

D trauma de go true iz too much for a prostitute to handle let alone a 14yr old embarassed

R.I.P girl.
Re: PHOTO: Teenager Who Was Raped In Abia State Commits Suicide by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
khukhi:
And one think a man will never know about rape survivors is that every time we hear that another woman has been raped we cry...inside. Sometimes you get teary eyed and sometimes you weep privately because you worry that another young woman has to go through that in this life. I was with some friends last weekend ...actually we were on holiday And everyone was like...my brother always says he will kill anyone who ever rapes me...blah!blah!blah!...

I just sat there quietly. Cause I wondered why my brother didn't kill the bustards.

Its messed up. I know.

You just reduced me to tears, I am so so sorry for all you went through and I'm glad that you are healed.

As for the bastards who led this young girl to an untimely death, may life be worst than death for them, and may every thing good evade them until they pay for their wrong deeds.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Popular Saying “the Police Are Your Friends” Is That True? / Man With Shirt Made Of Gold Attacked And Killed (photo) / Cheating Wife Sets House On Fire Burning Her Husband And 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.