Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:55 AM

Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority (406 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG / Buhari Should Make Jonathan’s Mistakes, Says Omokri / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority by frankijege(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
Let me tell us something. Since 2003, I have I have canvassed for, and supported Buhari in his quest to become president. This is because I believe in his ability which I feel is beyond integrity. In 2013, I felt GMB had lost it and didn't hide my feeling. Those observations informed my stance during the 2015 elections. Today, I see a lot of things of which I have my reservations. But I try to look the other way. I don't want to be seen as the one rubbishing what I had worked for, and believed in. PMB should find a way of ending these attacks. And let me remind him to also find time to visit victims of these attacks. It is almost hitting a thousand deaths since he took over as president. Let me do whatever he can to stop this madness now. No matter how good the policies he is still preparing are, he needs a stable and secured environment to implement them. I won't mind if he decides to concentrate on insecurity and make it a thing of the past.

Frank Ijege
Re: Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority by psucc(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Una no go let man pikin rest? Buhari really had forgotten the foremost promises he made during the campaign - eradicating Boko Haram within 2months.
Re: Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
WombRaiders:
Has any one of you ever bothered to wonder how it was possible for ISIS which is composed of minority Sunni Muslims in Iraq was able to overrun vast territories of that country inspite of US arming, training and providing Intel to Iraq Security forces? This is opposite what Jonathan administration got by way of support from the Obama White House rather the Obama administration went along way to blocking alternatives to securing much needed weapons at the same time refused to share intel to the Nigerian Security forces and took it up a notch by refusing to designate Boko Haram a Foreign Terrorist Organizaion - a categorization that would have helped to block financing and support to the group.

In spite of all these challenges, the "clueless" Jonathan was at one time able to beat Boko Haram into a retreat to the Camerounian mountain borders where they were contained before they resurfaced again befor Jonathan ordered a full scale war which saw recapturing of local govts from the insurgents. Jonathan achieved all this without US , Uk and western military assistance.

But look at what we have in Iraq where US, has although refused to categorize ISIS as an FTO, but still supplies weapons and conducts air raids on ISIS positions. ISIS inspite of all this is still waxing strong and claiming more territory.

It also baffles me that the US govt will claim that one of ISIS principal fund sources is from captured Iraqi oil fields. How is ISIS shipping oil talk less of still able to maintain drilling operations without US connivance? What is stopping Obama from bombing the gas lines?

Iraq is mostly landlocked with only a small portion to the south bordering to the Gulf of Arabia, ISIS is thus still shipping oil via the gas pipelines through Turkey. Why is there not an embargo on Iraqi oil shipped from captured territory?

Back to Nigeria, it is very obvious why we are witnessing more expansion of Boko attacks into areas they had only sleeper cells and this is to blackmail Nigerians into accepting a peace deal and subsequent amnesty package for Boko Haram.

Boko Haram have stated their intention to swap the phantom Chibok girls in exchange for 16 of their top commanders in custody. This is just another attempt at using the Chibok scam to advance another agenda.

Buhari knows what he is doing.

Do not take the Economists seriously because their aim is to portray Buhari as merely incompetent when the truth is that all these bombings and Boko Haram expansion is a calculated move towards forcing a negotiation option down our throats.

If Buhari truly wants to end Boko Haram he has all the weapons, intel and resources at his disposal to achieve this but he won't because after all "a fight against Boko Haram is an attack on the north".
Re: Buhari Should Make Insecurity The First Priority by likila: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
buhari is insecurity himself.
he is the life grand patron of the Fulani killer herdsmen.
he is one of book haram trusted leaders - that is why book haram chose him as their negotiator.
buhari has also done some plain old murders, robbery and grand larceny along the way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Service Chiefs / Emir Of Zaria Cancels Sallah Durbar Due To Security Challenges / How To Find People Sponsored By Politcians To Protect Their Interest Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.