Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG (15452 Views)

Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" / The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari - Fani-kayode Insists / IMF: Northeast Has Always Been Buhari's Priority, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 09, 2017
The Nigerian government has stated that restructuring the country is not a priority for the Buhari led Administration. Minister for Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed said that due to what the present government inherited, Restructuring was not a factor.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the minister stated this on Thursday when he featured on a current affairs programme, ‘Focus Nigeria’, aired by the Africa Independent Television.

Mohammed explained that with the high level of corruption, economy downturn, insecurity, particularly with the activities of Boko Haram in the North-East, the government could not have contemplated restructuring.

He said the focus of the government, which also formed the basis of its campaign, was to fight corruption, insecurity and fix the economy.The minister said two years after its inauguration, the administration had not failed but succeeded in delivering the three campaign promises.

He noted that the divisive messages and hate speeches raging presently in the country were not new to the government because the government had envisaged them and had been sensitising Nigerians to their dangers.

The minister assured all Nigerians to disregard any threat from any quarters.He said the government would not be found wanting in the discharge of its primary responsibility of protecting the lives and property of Nigerians.He added that government would deal decisively with anyone or group that disturbed the peace of the nation.

The minister said that contrary to the perception in certain quarters, the government’s anti-corruption fight was not one-sided or targeted at the opposition.He said that anywhere there was an anti-corruption fight, corruption would fight back, stressing that the tension being experienced in the country could be linked to it.He said the level of corruption was so much that the previous administration owed local contractors N1.7trn debts.

Mohammed said that beyond cleaning the mess left by the previous administration, the government had been spending massively on infrastructure, particularly roads, railways and power.(NAN)

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/09/restructuring-nigeria-not-buharis-priority-fg/

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Nogodye(m): 7:27am On Jun 09, 2017
I understand...but we need it sir

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by TINALETC3(f): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2017
We understand..... bt we need sir grin

10 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by PearlStreet(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2017
Wise men talk because they have something to say but fools talk because they have to say something.

Considering Lai Mohammed's work experience as a liar of more than 40 years, if he says the FG isn't thinking of restructuring, Verily I say unto you: The FG is considering restructuring.

Lai's case is so bad that if you say 'the Devil is a liar', the Devil would reply you that 'what of Lai?'

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Freelady(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2017
How I wish 2019 can be fast forward with a remote........

MMM Account for sale,
I have over 150k on it from last year mavro and am willing to sell it at 60k now

Any interested buyer should contact me through the number on my signature

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Lilaex: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2017
angry
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by RareDiamond: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2017
Interesting !!! The action of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB and MASSOB have woke up everybody to the injustice and evils in Nigeria.

NO AMOUNT OF TREATS, INSULTS, GOVERNMENT ACTIONS AND INACTIONS OR RASCALITY WILL STOP THE ACTUALISATION OF B1AFRA. Unless justice, fairness, equality and progressiveness is entrenched and put into action in Nigeria.

Any unity based on injustice, oppression and marginalisation will not stand no matter what. B1afrans cannot be intimidated by uncivilized, brainwash, mischievous and violent loving youths of North or South West.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Slai1: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Two headlines, same topic?

What exactly is his top priority?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Let's be honest with ourselves, Buhari is the major cause of all these avoidable agitations in the country...

Only that 97% and 5% statement did a lot of damage to the psyche of the 5%...

Then he went on a confront the militants with brash force, that sank the country further but for the timely intervention of Osibanjo...

Nnamdi Kanu that was hitherto largely unknown turned a hero overnight due to the sloppy and unnecessary arrest of the man, now see where that got us...

That man is a disgrace to everything good...

The name of any president or government that restructures Nigeria to a working confederation will be forever etched in the fabrics of our history....

I believe in Nigeria but one where there's equality, justice and occasional retrospection....

100 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Ogashub(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Trash

14 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Akinz0126(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
What else should we expect from Mr lie lie isn't that obvious this guys won't do both the south west and south east biddings cause they so much love the status quo to the extend that they wouldn't see nigeria get better.

My fellow niggas don't understand peace violence is the only language they understand but not this time we no longer want violence Mr lie
Vox populi vox dei!!!

Patiently waiting for june12 as my biafra goons don do there own na our own remain

Can you guys now see that those thieves@the top don't know what we the masses are passing through.

The soonest we stand against them the better for us all

Give igbo people biafra

Give the south west there restructure and watch how we flourish

18 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by dlondonbadboy: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
I won't say anything cos of the bias nature of this forum..But we know what we want and we shall get it..

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by nairaman66(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
I guess restructuring your lies is the priority Mr Lie Mohammed

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by RareDiamond: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
God bless the land of the RISING SUN

29 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by TIDDOLL(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Almost True undecided sad
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by loomer: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Na only God know una priority.

As we no know

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Donshemzy1234: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Lol. PMB's only priority is traveling out of Nigeria to see his doctors.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by dbulk: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Nogodye:
I understand...but we need it sir
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Edopesin: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
This Man Go And Sit Down And Think Abt Ur Life

And Stop Saying Rubbish Upandan

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by princechurchill(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Orishirishi 1 of lying kingdom

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by ephi321(f): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
So what exactly is this government's priority? Seeing as they have practically struggled with every core aspect of governance - economy in shambles, poverty climbing, diversification zero, standard of living falling.

Can Mr Lai please clarify the focus of this govt?!

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Moreoffaith(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Smile

I am just tired of this country call Nigeria.

Abeg make everybody answer him papa name

I don't know what we are afraid of when we stand separate, Reason why all this leaders want Nigeria remain one is to make the loot remain fat.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by MillionDollars: 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Lie Muhammed - Restructuring Nigeria is not Buhari's priority

BUHARI -

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by SWORD419(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
ah ah
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Evablizin(f): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Lai ok continue

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by HiddenShadow: 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
grin

Now that an Afonja is the acting president, restructuring is no longer on the table

Afonjas over to you guys

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Well....restructuring isn't his priority.His priority should be diversification....which he is not doing too well on at all.

And anyway...can anyone tell me what restructuring is?...because all I hear about restructuring is

1.How oil money must be shared

2.How oil money must be shared.

Modified:

Since then someone has decided to pour tribalist abuse on me. I have reported him to the mods.

Now...why I do not beleive in calls for resstructuring

1.Most calls for restructuring ask for a return to the old regions...which means that under a restructuring plan....oil wealth won't go to the communities that actually produce oil....it would go to the region as a whole. Meaning...one 'parasite' substituted for another.

2.And anyway, I have issues with our reliance on money from oil...or any other resources. It leaves us a victim of fluctuant oil prices...which is not good for our economy (see why I am angry with APC...because they are not serious about diversification at all).

3.Again, if regions are deprived of oil money under restructuring...what does this mean? Infighting among regions

4.You can see why secession was not on the agenda of the 2014 conference.

Me, I want to see a Nigeria, separate or apart , that is no longer resource dependent...because when that happens...we can talk about peaceful split up. That is how Czechoslovakia split off peacefully....both Czech and Slovak areas were heavily industrial...and could stand on their own independently from each other. Until we seriously address our dependency on oil...by spending more on education, science and industrial development...so that we can be like CHina....restructuring is not going to go peacefully....and in fact would fail.

My opinion...

Newlifebet:
Are you tired of losing or tired of giving up, why other keep hitting it big, all our yesterday client have been celebrating giving us calls of victory, done be left out. View our today's won ticket for your delight.

Look, my friend, go and play your fixed game by yourself, make your millions, marry that former Miss Nigeria you have been eyeing so that you can have a bunch of lightly complected kids, then go and build mansions in Lekki, Abuja, Enugu and your village, go and buy yourself five Rolls Royce and one Ferrari, as well as two Porsche Carrera , go and do thanksgiving for church.....and stop disturbing us here on this thread.

Crook!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by mikeetim(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
shocked
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG by foolishsouth: 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Moderators of this forum should ban people posting fake bet slips as this a form of internet fraud. It is also against rule no 16

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank / Boko Haram: FG Will Determine Mercenaries’ Engagement —DHQ / 2023: North Has More 4 Years - North-East Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.