Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity (1018 Views)

Photo Of Man Posing Inside A Casket Sparks Outrage On Social Media / He Only Gave Me N1000 - Disabled Lady Says Over Viral Photo With Helper / How My Generosity Landed Me Into Trouble (a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by FREEEMANAN(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
One viral photo has touched the hearts of many and inspired kindhearted people from all over the world to help a struggling family.

Daniel Cabrera, 9, was photographed sitting on the ground outside of a McDonald’s in the Philippines and using the light from the restaurant to study.

“Daniel's dad is dead, and his family home was burnt to the ground. His [mom] earns around £1.14 [about $1.77] a day and he's often seen begging on the streets,” the Daily Mirror reports.

After the photo made the rounds online and was shared thousands of times, people began sending money and school supplies to lend a helping hand to the struggling family. The family has also received offers of educational financial support, including “an unspecified scholarship grant from the Anti-Crime and Terrorism through Community Involvement & Support party in the country,” the Mirror notes.

Daniel told media outlet ABS-CBN that he wants to use the grant for the greater good, explaining, “I want to be a policeman to help the Philippines."
Christina Espinoza, Daniel’s mother, said the family is “overjoyed” by the world’s incredible response to their story.
“I don't know what I will do with all of these blessings. Now, Daniel will not have to suffer just to finish his studies," she said, according to the Mirror.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/now-trending/Viral-photo-of-homeless-boy-studying-outside-McDonalds-sparks-generosity-313942231.html?lc=Smart

cc lalasticlala ishilove freemanan

Re: Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by Benndted(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Small genius
Re: Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by bigiyaro(m): 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
dis is d first time am seein a kid dat wants to be a policeman
Re: Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
bigiyaro:
dis is d first time am seein a kid dat wants to be a policeman
Sh*t happens
Re: Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by mayorkyzo: 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Awwww so sad...may God grant him his heart desires...
Re: Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 13, 2015
so touchimg
Re: Viral Photo Of Homeless Boy Studying Outside Mcdonald’s Sparks Generosity by Vikkie14: 3:46am On Jul 13, 2015
Show me a boy with VISION and i will show you a Boy with MISSION.

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Do Anything You Wanted Right Now, What Would It Be? / Happy Children’s Day Celebration To All Nigerian Children / Do Ghost Exist, Read This Strange Story That Happened In Lagos (snap Chat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.