Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? (784 Views)

Everyone Has An Everlasting Home After Death, It's Either Heaven Or Hell / Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? / Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
If you know that 80% of your family members and perhaps spouse, parents or even kids and relatives will be tortured in an eternal oven for all eternity , with no respite or mercy ?

If all the poor people who suffered on this earth without knowing Christ will be tortured forever , making their current suffering a child's play ?
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by davien(m): 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
NO
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
davien:
NO

So you would do what, opt to go to hell and join them in their eternal suffering ?
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by davien(m): 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
frosbel:

So you would do what, opt to go to hell and join them in this eternal suffering instead ?
It's not like there's a choice... unbelief=hell...that's the ideology isn't it..
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
davien:
It's not like there's a choice... unbelief=hell...that's the ideology isn't it..

okay, so you don't believe - understood.
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by johnydon22(m): 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
frosbel:
If you know that 80% of your family members and perhaps spouse, parents or even kids and relatives will be tortured in an eternal oven for all eternity , with no respite or mercy ?

If all the poor people who suffered on this earth without knowing Christ will be tortured forever , making their current suffering a child's play ?

Well am sure you know thats not an easy choice, staying in heaven drinking milk and honey while others burn and scream in an eternal flame, i can't live like that forever because that itself will be hell for me

1 Like

Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by MuttleyLaff: 12:46am On Jul 13, 2015
frosbel:
Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there?
If into honeymoons, why not...
The fact is brides and grooms always look forward to their honeymoons
Heaven is no different, albeit a honeymoon destination, it is still a trip to return from, back down earth to.

frosbel:
If you know that 80% of your family members and perhaps spouse, parents or even kids and relatives will be tortured in an eternal oven for all eternity, with no respite or mercy?

If all the poor people who suffered on this earth without knowing Christ will be tortured forever, making their current suffering a child's play?
It always feels good to take a stand for the truth and God's word instead of honoring the traditions of men and false doctrines
God intent is to destroy sin, to destroy the devil and to destroy all the works of the devil

Ordinarily upon death, one passes on to Sheol/Hades/Hell and is oblivious to activities in side of the land of the living
but funnily enough, these same death and Sheol/Hades/Hell in the future are to be destroyed by getting thrown into a Lake of Fire

There is no torture chamber, the Lake of Fire is not a sadistic eternal burning place
but is where to carry out the permanent destruction of death and Sheol/Hades/Hell
and the process or event is tagged/signified as the second death (i.e. second state of oblivion)

johnydon22:
Well am sure you know thats not an easy choice, staying in heaven drinking milk and honey
SMH, since when has heaven turned to the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites once lived - a land flowing with milk and honey

johnydon22:
while others burn and scream in an eternal flame, i can't live like that forever because that itself will be hell for me
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.
2And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying,
“Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.
4He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
5And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”
6And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life.
7All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.
8“But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars
—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
Revelation 21:1-8

The interesting bit of the fiery lake of burning sulfur, the burning aside, is the smell of hell and the knowledge that inhalation of air containing high levels of hydrogen sulfide (i.e. similar to the smell from farting) does cause death.
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 13, 2015
^^

You failed to answer my question....

2 Likes

Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Well am sure you know thats not an easy choice, staying in heaven drinking milk and honey while others burn and scream in an eternal flame, i can't live like that forever because that itself will be hell for me

interesting
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by madlatunji: 9:19am On Jul 13, 2015
frosbel:

But if my great great great great grand mum on my father's side is in heaven, then it becomes a difficult choice.
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Elkewwty(f): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by mrZENographer: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2015
God promises that all Sorrows and tears shall be wiped away and forgotten forever. Revelation 21:1

1 Like

Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Thanks for the comments so far.

My opinion is this ;

Only sadists will think of a place where they escape to while their relatives and friends are tortured in an eternal oven of sulphur and brimstone.

Basically their motive in religion is purely a selfish one, to escape hell and inherit heaven, it has absolutely nothing to do with Love.

Is this not why the gospel that most church people preach has almost zero impact on lives because it lacks any iota of love.

Think about it !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by MuttleyLaff: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
frosbel:
^^

You failed to answer my question....

I purposely quoted your question (i.e. Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there?)
before answering with "If into honeymoons, why not..."

If you're now saying "You failed to answer my question" I wonder what preconceived answers it was you were expecting

I even tried to address your misinterpretation of the whole thing when I posted:
"There is no torture chamber, the Lake of Fire is not a sadistic eternal burning place
but is where to carry out the permanent destruction of death and Sheol/Hades/Hell
and the process or event is tagged/signified as the second death (i.e. second state of oblivion)"
Re: Will You Enjoy Heaven or even want to go there If ? by finofaya: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
As long as I can't hear their blood curdling howls of pain and horror, yes. Not that I would even be able to tell which voice belongs to my son, out of the din. For all we know, some family members are in hell this minute gnashing teeth which they have (at least they are allowed to eat, hence the teeth). I can't hear them, so you don't see me crying about it.

(1) (Reply)

TV Was Once Evil.... / The Big Bang Theory Repudiated! By Dr. Shaykh Salih Sindee / Questions For Theists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.