Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

(abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above (44903 Views)

NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine / Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) / Centenary Hall Ake: The Historic Hall Which Egbas Built For 100 Years(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by cupidhero(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Dad will explain berra tongue tongue
Hapu Ete ka nwuru mini doba iko. cool
They wanted to form a local government with Nkporo which was to be called Abiriba/Nkporo L.G.A. I think it was under Babangidas regime that they fought harder for it. Ohafia get big eye.... that my L. G. A too big. You can check google for more info or i can give you one of the books they gave to babangida to show him why they needed their own L. G. A if you realy wanna go deep into it Ichefunu nwanne wu.
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
cupidhero:

Hapu Ete ka nwuru mini doba iko. cool
They wanted to form a local government with Nkporo which was to be called Abiriba/Nkporo L.G.A. I think it was under Babangidas regime that they fought harder for it. Ohafia get big eye.... that my L. G. A too big. You can check google for more info or i can give you one of the books they gave to babangida to show him why they needed their own L. G. A if you realy wanna go deep into it Ichefunu nwanne wu.
He has explained already smiley smiley..

Thanks..
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by amadice(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Dad just explained...
You are right..

Abiriba was not given the opportunity to spilt again, and at such, there are still under Ohafia.. You win smiley..

Also, he said, Ohafia is so big that 3 other LGA's can come out of it; Ohafia which is made up of 26 villages, Abiriba & Nkporo which speaks their own different languages, though, a bit slightly to ours.
...did he tell u DAT ohafia as two LGAs...ohafia north and ohafia south LGA
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by amadice(m): 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Then shut up.
..I already did when I refuse to explain I think u should mind your füçking biz
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by Maintech: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

And why are you asking this undecided undecided?

You wanna ignite tribal tantrums?

I think you should dwell with the present which is a NO..

just wanna know.

thanks anyway.

are you from Abiriba?
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by cupidhero(m): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Maintech:

but were they actually cannibals?
Nope! My ancestors were legendry hunters, while other villages and clans were busy dancing "tichacha" ohafia was busy chanting and dancing war songs. Ohafia war song was mainly used for the initiation of a boy into manhood after he must have gone to a far away kingdom to hunt for a strong mans head which he then brings home so that he can be initiated into manhood. The picture below shows a modern day ohafia war dancer with 3 doll heads to represent the 3 human heads which my ancestors used while performing the dance. It was usually skulls and not a fresh head............... and before you start calling ohafia people primitive people just know that the first president of nigerian science association and UNILAG's first VC was an ohafia man.

3 Likes

Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by Maintech: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
cupidhero:

Nope! My ancestors were legendry hunters, while other villages and clans were busy dancing "tichacha" ohafia was busy chanting and dancing war songs. Ohafia war song was mainly used for the initiation of a boy into manhood after he must have gone to a far away kingdom to hunt for a strong mans head which he then brings home so that he can be initiated into manhood. The picture below shows a modern day ohafia war dancer with 3 doll heads to represent the 3 human heads which my ancestors used while performing the dance. It was usually skulls and not a fresh head............... and before you start calling ohafia people primitive people just know that the first president of nigerian science association and UNILAG's first VC was an ohafia man.

wow!
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by mmrius(m): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
Beautiful architectural masterpiece. These buildings can still compete with modern day structures.
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by mmrius(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
cupidhero:

Great history. Please pass it on to your children so it is never forgotten. I feel sad, I don't know any history about my state, my kids will have to make do with knowing their state of origin.
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by cupidhero(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
mmrius:

Great history. Please pass it on to your children so it is never forgotten. I feel sad, I don't know any history about my state, my kids will have to make do with knowing their state of origin.
Will surely do that. We take history realy serious in my family. Names of my great great grandfathers are still fresh in my memory. Lol@state of origin.
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by vicatrix(m): 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
richidinho:
Wow biriful

I have head so much about Abiriba
Eze-ego (king of money) is from there

Eze-ego is from Ihiala Anambra State.
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by shineeye: 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^They tried, but they've ruined the victorian character of the house! They should have got professional advice before starting the renovation! undecided
You are right they need professional to do that
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by vicatrix(m): 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
My stay in Abiriba doing the Xmas season was fun, really those guys are awesome but they just don't like Ndi Mba as they do call me to marry their ladies...lol anyway i still envy there kindness to me. I hail all you Abiriba guys will re-visit again.
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by shineeye: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Simmys:

Yea this building is called uloelu ete igwo.are u from abiriba?
I have relation from abiriba
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 14, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Abiriba used to be under my LGA (Ohafia) before they carved out to be a LG of their own..

Slight difference in languages, though, we are like brothers and sisters..

They are wealthy people grin with beautiful ladies.

When did Abiriba become their own LGA?

I didn't know Abia now has 18 or more LGAs
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:22am On Jul 14, 2015
NormalCodes:

When did Abiriba become their own LGA?

I didn't know Abia now has 18 or more LGAs
Correction taken...

You should have gone through the other messages before quoting this..

Thanks..
Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by akanuson: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
old school

Re: (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above by akanuson: 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Abiriba tower

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead / Truck Driver, Conductor Lynched In Ebonyi For Crushing School Children (Graphic / Before You Move To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.