Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,726 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. (36313 Views)

The Biggest 2015 Summer Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Largas:
I think United would still buy Pedro.

No need for more strikers, Rooney, Hernández and januzaj could play in that position.

But this Pedro guy was good in the past, if he were still that good I think he would not very used as a substitute in Barcelona.

di maria was used as substitute after he lost his value, United signed him a and saw all the reasons he was being used as d's substitute. let us not make same mistake.

More over was he as Dall that superb in the match a and all gains United few days ago?

anyway, when is the match a and all gains that gains that PSG? Nigerian time please?

Its 02:00AM on Thursday morning in Nigeria.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 11:36am On Jul 29, 2015
SERGIO ROMERO'S FIRST INTERVIEW AS A MANCHESTER UNITED PLAYER

Immediately after signing a three-year deal to join Manchester United, Sergio Romero gave his first exclusive interview as a Red to the club’s official channel MUTV. Here's a transcript of what the Argentina goalkeeper had to say…

Sergio, welcome to Manchester United. How does it feel to be here at the club?
Thanks very much. I'm very happy. It's something I've been waiting for for a long time, to join a really big club like Manchester United. And I hope I can give something back to the club now that they've put their trust in me.

You must be really looking forward to playing and trying to win trophies with this club?
Absolutely. From the very first moment that I heard there was a possibility of joining this club, I have been thinking constantly about lots of things: playing for the club, training with the other players, getting to know my teammates and winning silverware for United.

You worked with the manager during your time in Holland with AZ Alkmaar, so what is he like in your opinion as a manager and as a person?
He is a great manager. He’s the kind of boss who puts you at ease and from the first moment that I was given the goalkeeper shirt by him in 2007, he told me that I would play an important part in his squad. It was a vital period for me because from the moment I signed for him, my career started to really take off. He is someone who has been very important in my life. He helped me a lot when I arrived in Holland as I didn’t speak Dutch and I didn’t speak English but he spoke Spanish. He is very honest and open as a person, he helps and reassures you and he cares about every player and every member of staff.

So, how can you improve this team?
Well, I’m here to help and to work hard whether it’s been for my club or my country. I’ve always worked hard with my teammates so that I’m 100 per cent ready for action when the manager calls on me.

What do you make of this United squad at the moment?
It’s a really strong squad. A team like United with these really great players will always compete strongly in every competition that we enter. The club showed last season that it is getting stronger and it will continue to do that. If we can put all of the manager’s instructions and thoughts into action we can achieve a lot.

What do you know about the club in terms of the club’s history and the players here?
Well, part of the history of the club is sitting next to the manager every day in the form of Ryan Giggs. He’s won everything there is to win at the club and he’s still here. He’s lived his whole life at this club. You have to think of all the titles that this club has won and all the players who have developed their game here at the club. They’ve all played an important role in the Manchester United story. Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in the world because of the history. That’s why it’s such a dream come true to be sitting here now, wearing this shirt.

Here at the club, there are plenty of players who can speak Spanish so that will help you settle in too…
Without a doubt. Yes, of course it’s always going to be much easier if there are players who speak Spanish here. I’m learning English so that my language will improve and I’ll be able to speak much more easily with everybody in the club.

Do you have a message for the United fans?
I just want to show them how happy I am to be here. I’ve travelled here without my wife and my children in the short term to come and make the most of this fantastic opportunity. I’ve explained to my family that this is a huge opportunity for us. We are very happy indeed and I’m going to work really hard for the club and for my family to make this work.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2015
Largas:
I think United would still buy Pedro.

No need for more strikers, Rooney, Hernández and januzaj could play in that position.

But this Pedro guy was good in the past, if he were still that good I think he would not very used as a substitute in Barcelona.

di maria was used as substitute after he lost his value, United signed him a and saw all the reasons he was being used as d's substitute. let us not make same mistake.

More over was he as Dall that superb in the match a and all gains United few days ago?

anyway, when is the match a and all gains that gains that PSG? Nigerian time please?
Please Pedro is still a very good player. Even with his limited playing time he assisted most of messi's goals last season. How many forwards in the world can displace that Messi, neymar and suarez front line.

Even players like Reus, Di Maria, Lewandoski, Hazard, agüero, etc would struggle to get into that team. Does that mean they are not good enough for man utd.

Take Sánchez as a prime example. He was chopping bench at barca but look what he did for arsenal last season.

P.S Di Maria wasn't on the bench before he came to man utd.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2015
WAYNE ROONEY EXCITED BY REDS' NEW SIGNINGS

Wayne Rooney believes Manchester United’s new signings can provide the "extra gear” needed to mount a challenge for major honours in 2015/16.

In an exclusive interview with MUTV, the Reds captain reflected on the squad’s work so far during Tour 2015, presented by AON, and discussed an “exciting time” for the club.

"We’ve had new players come in, quality players, and we feel they can give us an extra gear to what we had last season," said Rooney.

"Obviously the lads who were here already understand how the manager wants us to work. For the first couple of months last season it was probably a bit difficult to take everything in and go out and perform, but we fully understand what the manager wants and now we’ve added a few players it’s exciting.

"I feel we have the right squad in terms of hoping to be successful in the new season and I think it’s an exciting time for the team."

Rooney has started the first three tour games alongside one of the new players, Memphis Depay, who scored his first goal against San Jose Earthquakes last week. The Dutch attacker has looked lively in his opening few appearances and the skipper
hopes to continue developing a rapport with him.

"It's still early days [for us playing together] but obviously Memphis is a fantastic talent," said the captain. "We're still working on things in training to try to get better together and get a better understanding of each other’s games which is important."

Rooney followed Memphis in scoring his first goal of the tour when United beat the European champions Barcelona 3-1 in Santa Clara, to register the Reds' third and most notable pre-season win.

"It’s always a difficult game against Barcelona but to get the victory and with the way we played made it very satisfying,” he reflected. “A lot of the younger players came on for the last 30 minutes and did really well against a quality team. That will give them a lot of confidence.

“We know pre-season is hard work but it’s important we do as well as we can and be ready for the start of the season. In terms of preparation and games it couldn’t have gone any better.”
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
Angel Di Maria: Why Did Record Signing Not Work For Man Utd?

He was British football's most expensive signing, a World Cup finalist and regarded as one of the best players in the world at the peak of his powers.

His capture was supposed to be a show of power from Manchester United that they could still compete with Europe's elite for the best players.

But as Angel Di Maria looks set to leave Old Trafford for French champions Paris St-Germain after a single year in the Premier League, I look at why the £59.7m Argentina international has failed on the stage which seemed ready-made for his talents.

How did the deal come about?
It all seemed so perfect.
In the summer of 2013 Manchester United had been looking for a marquee signing with which to usher in the post-Sir Alex Ferguson era.

Cristiano Ronaldo could not be lured back from Real Madrid. Gareth Bale was chased but his heart was set on joining Ronaldo at the Bernabeu.

Twelve months on, the need was more acute. Without the collective mental strength Ferguson so painstakingly forged, technical and physical deficiencies had been exposed during David Moyes' ill-fated tenure.

Glamour was not required purely to make United fans feel good. It was a necessity if they were to compete with Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool, who had taken their Champions League place.

Real, back in the 'Galactico' business of accumulating star names, had one man too many following the arrival of one of the 2014 World Cup's stand-out performers, Colombia's James Rodriguez.

Di Maria, man of the match in the Champions League final three months earlier, was deemed surplus to requirements and United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward swooped.

The Argentine signed a five-year contract on 26 August, 2014, for a British record fee of £59.7m.

Welcome to Manchester: Di Maria's early promise
Talk at the time suggested Di Maria would be paid in excess of £200,000 a week, with bonuses for winning the Premier League, Champions League and even the Ballon d'Or for the world's best player over the course of a five-year contract.

His early performances suggested such optimism was justified.

Di Maria scored a goal and claimed an assist in three of his first four games for United. The stand-out effort was a magical chip at Leicester on 21 September to put the visitors two goals up in a game they were eventually to lose 5-3.

United fans were in thrall to their new number seven. Di Maria responded by saying moving to Old Trafford from Madrid represented a step up in his career.

Why things changed
Working out why good things turn bad is a precarious business. The facts are that after the victory over Everton on 5 October, Di Maria did not score another goal until 4 January, when United beat League One Yeovil in the FA Cup third round.

Did anything happen in between? Maybe not one seismic moment but a few events rolled up and made a big one seem all the more significant.

In October, Argentina lost a friendly match 2-0 against Brazil in Beijing. Di Maria played the full 90 minutes. The air quality was not great, the temperature was high. Three days later, Di Maria featured for the final 17 minutes of a friendly against the Hong Kong national side.

The round trip was approximately 12,000 miles. For a player who had not had much of a summer break because of his international commitments and had finished the World Cup with a thigh injury, the Far East trip must have been physically draining.

In addition, United manager Louis van Gaal's search for his best formation - and Di Maria's best position in it- meant there was little consistency to his role.

In the South American's first 16 United games, he played in six different positions, including central midfield and striker.

As consistency continued to prove elusive, Di Maria's contribution seemed to be affected. As well as not scoring, he created only three goals in four months between 6 October, 2014 and 10 February, 2015.

A pelvic injury kept him out for virtually all of December.

So a combination of likely fatigue, injury, lack of form and getting used to a new country and obvious language difficulties could all have been playing on his mind on 31 January, when thieves attempted to break into Di Maria's mansion in Cheshire.

Although the intruders did not gain entry, they did smash a glass door and the mental impact on Di Maria's wife, Jorgelina Cardoso, and their young daughter, was so great they are now living in a city-centre apartment, which, while luxurious, is hardly ideal for family life.

On the pitch, Di Maria's slide continued. Sent off in the FA Cup quarter-final defeat by Arsenal on 9 March, Di Maria was a substitute in six successive games following his return from suspension. He did start the final match of the campaign against Hull, only to limp off with a hamstring injury after 23 minutes.

Why United are willing to let him go
This combination of circumstances led to Di Maria becoming extremely unhappy and wanting a move. As recently as Sunday, Van Gaal said he hoped the Argentine would stay.

Yet the Dutchman has also stated at various times over the past year it is counterproductive trying to keep unhappy players.

The difference between this situation and goalkeeper David De Gea's possible move to Real Madrid, for instance, is that while the Spaniard is a relaxed presence around the United camp, Di Maria has not joined up with the squad in the United States on their pre-season tour while his future is thrashed out.

Paris St-Germain were keen on taking him last year and are now offering a get-out.

For United, the bitterness of losing a player of such talent is eased by a transfer system which means, financially, they may not take the massive hit it first appears.

Because of the strength of the pound and the change in exchange rates in the past 12 months, plus the way the initial transfer fee was structured, if PSG agree to pay the reported 65m euros (£46.05m), United's overall loss would be less than £10m.

Hit and miss? Manchester United's biggest buys
£59.7m- Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid

£37.1m- Juan Mata from Chelsea

£30.75m- Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham

£30m- Rio Ferdinand from Leeds

£29m- Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao

£28.1m- Juan Sebastian Veron from Lazio

The fans' view
United fans have been here before. Juan Sebastian Veron arrived with enormous fanfare [and a then British record £28.1m price tag] from Lazio in 2001 but lasted only two seasons before he left for Chelsea.

Sir Alex Ferguson also broke the club transfer record when he paid Tottenham £30.75m for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008. The Bulgarian did win the Golden Boot in 2010-11, but finished the campaign not able to get a place in United's Champions League final squad. Within six months he had left for Fulham.

Yet possibly more than those two, Di Maria's eventual exit will leave a sad sense of 'what might have been' purely because his talent has been so obvious in the past and his departure so swift.

"I don't understand it," said Ryan Chelva, a fan from Australia who saw United beat Barcelona 3-1 in Santa Clara, California, without Di Maria at the weekend.

"If you sign someone as good as him, you have to give him more than a single season.

"He played really well in his first couple of months. He proved he can play under Louis van Gaal. He proved he has the talent. Now it looks as though he is leaving. It is hugely disappointing."
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Di maria never wanted to join man.utd in the 1st place. I wish him luck in paris let's qet pedro in..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
We do not need Di-Maria to perform excellently in the coming season. Di Maria got his chances last season but couldn't use it as expected of him by the Gaffe.
He's a fantastic Player, but he lacks teamwork! He's not a Team Player and he's not ready to be for the Team.
Mata is delivering at the moment, he's playing better and he deserves playing for the Team week in, week out.
All the same: Man Utd shall rise and become the English League Champion once again!!!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 8:02am On Jul 30, 2015
Manchester united 0 Paris st. Germain 2
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:
Manchester united 0 Paris st. Germain 2

A very bitter pill to swallow...
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

A very bitter pill to swallow...
You win some you lose some..but our defence is awful, jones and blind can't play in dat defence
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2015
we need a defender ooo...i dont want to seem like a pessimist,but we need a world class finisher that is in his peak
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2015
United is a flop. They played well but scored nada. We need a good, sharp finisher. Rooney 2015 is not Rooney of 2011 2012 or there about.

A world class player like muller unfortunately bayern has reiterated he is not for sale.

We managed to win a not complete Barcelona squad. and we lost woefully to a complete psg squad of cavani and ibra.

If we go into the champions league without a champions league scorer not Rooney. then we would be disgraced.

United is not yet ready.

And de gea has his heart and soul in Madrid. look at how he flopped.

maybe he Is flopping so he could be let go. United should better sell him Instead of having him concede many goals for not being let let go.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2015
dubylhover:
we need a defender ooo...i dont want to seem like a pessimist,but we need a world class finisher that is in his peak
Exactly what I just posted here Bro.

ROONEY needs a world class striker like muller to compete with. It is obvious Rooney is all washed up and would not deliver when the heat of champions league is upon us.
UNITED beating an incomplete barca team is unimpressive but look at how United flopped against a full complete psg team with almost if not all their star platers playing.

United is a joke. It's not a problem of wingers. It's a problem of De gea letting go of Madrid for now and focusing on United cause he flopped.

And a problem of poor quality defenders in the persons of Jones and blind.

And Rooney is not fit to lead us in the champns league as a striker. Imagine that van Gaal wants to play all 5 he year with Rooney and teenager Wilson.

Rooney has faded to be honest and Wilson is totally inexperienced. He can't bear the goal burden of a bug club as United.

Get muller. But muller would not come. What other baddest striker is available in Europe?

Please get harry Kane before I cry.

United is a joke.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:

You win some you lose some..but our defence is awful, jones and blind can't play in dat defence

This one seems different to me. LVG and Ed Woodward has some homework to do.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2015
Louis van Gaal could be forced to undertake a
gruelling pre-season trip to China next summer
with Manchester United's major sponsors
increasingly keen to exploit the club's
commercial power in the Far East.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:

ROONEY needs a world class striker like muller to compete with. It is obvious Rooney is all washed up and would not deliver when the heat of champions league is upon us.
UNITED beating an incomplete barca team is unimpressive but look at how United flopped against a full complete psg team with almost if not all their star platers playing.

United is a joke. It's not a problem of wingers. It's a problem of De gea letting go of Madrid for now and focusing on United cause he flopped.

And Rooney is not fit to lead us in the champns league as a striker. Imagine that van Gaal wants to play all 5 he year with Rooney and teenager Wilson.

Rooney has faded to be honest and Wilson is totally inexperienced. He can't bear the goal burden of a bug club as United.

Get muller. But muller would not come. What other baddest striker is available in Europe?

United is a joke.

You made sense in most of what you said but where I don't agree with you is on the Harry Kane issue. Harry Kane is a one season wonder and for Manchester United spending a whooping £50million on him is more than a gamble for me. Even the Harry Kane doesn't have the UCL experience.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:

United is a joke.

bro for d 1st time in a really long time ive seen sumone who sees manu like me...pipo always criticize me,but i say rooney shudnt b playing top 9 for manu,for christ sakv rooney has way passed his prime...i knw when roonvy used to be roonvy na..d tin now is that bayern wudnt sell muller,but id prefer lewy oo..he knws how to link up play well and has good foot work with pace..to b honest i dont see manu carrying d epl with rooney up front..no offence intended..i swr we shud have gotten harry kane..i knw most pipo wud say he is a 1 season wonder,but i dnt agree,he is just like lewy and b9,strikers who can play d ball well nd link up..with pace...if manu cud get him for 40m,its a good bargain considering he is just 21 and he is english..we need a dvfender oh ha..i think lvg shud rely on smalling more than jones,jones is too rash and lacks positioning and tactical awareness,he is easily drawn out of position
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

You made sense in most of what you said but where I don't agree with you is on the Harry Kane issue. Harry Kane is a one season hit striker and for Manchester United spending a whooping £50million on him is more than a gamble for me. Even the Harry Kane doesn't have the UCL experience.
BELIEVE me if we can't get a champions league experienced and proven striker who is on his peak then we won't go beyond round 16.

Champions league is getting tougher and I know for sure we wouldn't have beaten barca if all their star players played.
THE position of our striking force is worrisome because Rooney is so not in his peak. And there are very little if not no experienced and available super striker in Europe. Van Gaal likes his captain but he should please get a a scary and monstrous striker. A striker as monstrous as ballotelli of Manchester City in 2011. I think south America produce better strikers than Europe. Consider Messi neymar agüero forlan costa di Maria higuain etc.

The scouts should look south America for sharp strikers.

AND de gea should focus on United or he will lose his number one spot to romero. Imagine giving a pass to Ibrahimovic. If that were a champions league match his rating would fall drastically. Look at how De gea was useless ed during the first goal. He came out to get the ball and maui did scored him right in front of him he could not even swerve to try stop it. His mind was just not in the game he is starting to behave like Di Maria.
This Madrid craze sef. And united till now have not made an official bid on Otamendi. So I guess we are stuck with blind and Jones in central midfield.

Hahaha I laugh.
Bad defense, bad forward and a coach that has let go of United emotionally.

I think I will stop watching United matches.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:

BELIEVE me if we can't get a champions league experienced and proven striker who is on his peak then we won't go beyond round 16.

Champions league is getting tougher and I know for sure we wouldn't have beaten barca if all their star players played.
THE position of our striking force is worrisome because Rooney is so not in his peak. And there are very little if not no experienced and available super striker in Europe. Van Gaal likes his captain but he should please get a a scary and monstrous striker. A striker as monstrous as ballotelli of Manchester City in 2011. I think south America produce better strikers than Europe. Consider Messi neymar agüero forlan costa di Maria higuain etc.

AND de gea should focus on United or he will lose his number one spot to romero. Imagine giving a pass to Ibrahimovic. If that were a champions league match his rating would fall drastically. Look at how De gea was useless ed during the first goal. He came out to get the ball and maui did scored him right in front of him he could not even swerve to try stop it. His mind was just not in the game he is starting to behave like Di Maria.
This Madrid craze sef. And united till now have not made an official bid on Otamendi. So I guess we are stuck with blind and Jones in central midfield.

Hahaha I laugh.

calm down grin its not as bad as that,de gea wants to lvave,we shud sell him..i dont think whn d season starts,blind wud play in defense,it might b rojo..i dnt lyk dis idea of playing depay as a striker oo
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2015
@hilsocial whats ur idea on d topic
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 30, 2015
dubylhover:

bro for d 1st time in a really long time ive seen sumone who sees manu like me...pipo always criticize me,but i say rooney shudnt b playing top 9 for manu,for christ sakv rooney has way passed his prime...i knw when roonvy used to be roonvy na..d tin now is that bayern wudnt sell muller,but id prefer lewy oo..he knws how to link up play well and has good foot work with pace..to b honest i dont see manu carrying d epl with rooney up front..no offence intended..i swr we shud have gotten harry kane..i knw most pipo wud say he is a 1 season wonder,but i dnt agree,he is just like lewy and b9,strikers who can play d ball well nd link up..with pace...if manu cud get him for 40m,its a good bargain considering he is just 21 and he is english..we need a dvfender oh ha..i think lvg shud rely on smalling more than jones,jones is too rash and lacks positioning and tactical awareness,he is easily drawn out of position
I even prefer smalling to Jones. I don't understand why Jones was given a new Contract when there are better defenders out there available even in England.

Hmmmmm. As for the striking issue people might be right about harry lane considering the Andy saga who shone for one season, get signed and flopped. Many sling lush strikers are that way. Shining for one a easing in England and flopping the next season.

It is just a gamble. But I know for sure that kane is super good and young. And why didn't people scream one season shining when man city bought sterling?

Abegi. Kane is good. And football is about gambling.

If we can't get him we should get another striker who is in his peak and has an eye for goal no matter his position in the opponent's half. He should just have the eye for goal and the leg for delivering the goal.

If we don't sign. Then we can't match teams with stars like Chelsea and hazard man city and agüero. Barcelona with Messi Neymar Suárez psg with ibra Ronaldo s'y barca and so many more

United is gradually losing the striking force and if care is not taken will finally lose her pride in Europe and become another Liverpool.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:
I even prefer smalling to Jones. I don't understand why Jones was given a new Contract when there are better defenders out there available even in England.

Hmmmmm. As for the striking issue people might be right about harry lane considering the Andy saga who shone for one season, get signed and flopped. Many sling lush strikers are that way. Shining for one a easing in England and flopping the next season.

It is just a gamble. But I know for sure that kane is super good and young. And why didn't people scream one season shining when man city bought sterling?

Abegi. Kane is good. And football is about gambling.

If we can't get him we should get another striker who is in his peak and has an eye for goal no matter his position in the opponent's half. He should just have the eye for goal and the leg for delivering the goal.

If we don't sign. Then we can't match teams with stars like Chelsea and hazard man city and agüero. Barcelona with Messi Neymar Suárez psg with ibra Ronaldo s'y barca and so many more

United is gradually losing the striking force and if care is not taken will finally lose her pride in Europe and become another Liverpool.

smalling is a smarter defender than jones,about d kane issue,i believe i have watched football long enuf to knw whn a player is actually good or a 1 season wonder..when kane was scoring last season,i also thought he wud b a 1 season player...then i watched spurs matches for like 6 straight weeks,believe me that guy is d real deal..he is also creative,can stretch opposition defenses..link up play is xcellent,you needed to sev d kinda passes he gives to erikssen nd co..even his performances against big teams was impressive..he wud b perfect for manu
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:

Hahaha I laugh.

Firstly, good strikers are hardly found in this present age but my trust is still not on Rooney or Harry Kane. A messiah in striking is what we need.

Secondly, it seems those errors De Gea did on purpose to send a clear message which LVG understood and after the match, split it out. I think we should let him go. Like we'll always say, "No player is bigger than Manchester United".

Thirdly, the defence partnership in CB has been lacking since the days of Rio Ferdinand and Namanja Vidic. It seems Nicolas Otamendi is off the book cos the attention for a CB has been shifted to Jones Stones of Everton but no talks have began with them.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

Firstly, good strikers are hardly found in this present age but my trust is still not on Rooney or Harry Kane. A messiah in striking is what we need.

Secondly, it seems those errors De Gea did on purpose to send a clear message which LVG understood and after the match, split it out. I think we should let him go. Like we'll always say, "No player is bigger than Manchester United".

Thirdly, the defence partnership in CB has been lacking since the days of Rio Ferdinand and Namanja Vidic. It seems Nicolas Otamendi is off the book cos the attention for a CB has been shifted to Jones Stones of Everton but no talks have began with them.
LVG has to do something decisive about De gea, our Centre back and our striking force. He has only succeeded in the midfield.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Largas:
LVG has to do something decisive about De gea, our Centre back and our striking force. He has only succeeded in the midfield.

Like I earlier said Ed Woodward and LVG have some homework to do.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2015
dubylhover:
@hilsocial whats ur idea on d topic

Nice one. C'mon Pedro.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by hilsocial(m): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2015
Lilprincey:
Welcome bastian schweinsteiger_schneiderlin_depay_and_darmian to old trafford

Nice but until we get an experienced Centre Back and anoda striker, we shd forget the league trophy. Anyway, good signings so far.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2015
hilsocial:

Nice but until we get an experienced Centre Back and anoda striker, we shd forget the league trophy. Anyway, good signings so far.
yes we need a solid centre back ah think we don't need a striker for now..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Brytawon:

Like I earlier said Ed Woodward and LVG have some homework to do.
They gotta do it fast..ah wanna see otamendi and rojo pairing at the back asap
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2015
lvg has said that shaw damian nd blind wud start in defense against tottenham...are we posied to seeing blind as a defender this season?he fit lvg philosophy,a left footed player playing on d left side of defense and sumone that can pass d ball
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2015
Up till this moment, LVG claims he doesn't know the whereabout of Angél Dí Maria and Laurent Blanc claiming that a deal is not far from the end.

Could it be that Di Maria has been abducted?

I prefer we rather lose him to ISIS than strike a deal with PSG.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2015
You guys are over reacting. This was just one pre season game. I agree a defender is needed and I trust Woodward and LVG to address it.

Yes Rooney is past it but we'll just have to drag him along this season. Making too many changes to the first team is only going to be detrimental. (ask Liverpool and spurs). Rooney is not world class but he will do a decent job for us this season.

Moyes set us back by years. Don't expect the rebuild to be done sharpish that will only benefit us in the short term. We have to look at the longterm stability of the club and that is going to take time to achieve.

I still believe in LVG although I don't like his idea of using Blind in defence against Spurs but let's see how that goes.

Be calm and patient. Everything will work out.

#GGMU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Carabao Cup: Bristol City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 20th December 2017 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 25th November 2017 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.