Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Chukslist.com - Please Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chukslist.com - Please Review (1334 Views)

Naija18.com Please Review / Nairaparking.com - Please Review / Www.websmsalerts.com?please Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2009
We just launched www.chukslist.com . Please take a look at the site. The chukslist team will appreciate your honest comments!
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Seun(m): 9:35am On Mar 09, 2009
Very pleasing design.
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by yawatide(f): 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2009
Nice layout. By the way, I just sent you 5 blank emails, my way of saying you should do something about your form validation wink
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 5:07am On Mar 10, 2009
@yawa-ti-de, interesting name by the way, I am definately not a techy, I am handling marketing for the site, but what do you mean by form validation , and u said you send me blank emails
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 5:10am On Mar 10, 2009
I am glad you like the site, please sign up, the user base is growing daily, and i'm sure the site could be of use to you if u are into any king of sales or own a business and need to advertise, Please tell your friends, we appreciate you.
Thanks for taking the time!
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 5:18am On Mar 10, 2009
yawa-ti-de, I just took a look and saw the blank emails. I will foward your comments to the tech guys to see what the have to say about that, may be a loophole! thanks for the heads up!

wink
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by nitation(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2009
@ Chuklist

I think you gonna report more bugs to your techies. The look and feel of the web page is great, but the security of your members wasn't checked thoroughly embarassed

Take a look at this. An attacker could deface your website without your knowledge cheesy

Proof of concept []

- nitation

Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 9:04am On Mar 10, 2009
Truely disturbing. I thought the web server usually prevents this , and the main loophole for this would be some form of social engineering that would leak your password. What's your take on the solution? I appreciate all comments about the site, more are welcome!
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by nitation(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2009
I think all you need to do now is to speak to your tech guys about the fix. i don't know how to start explaining!

- nitation
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2009
Most definately. A meeting has been set up.
Thx
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Don4life: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2009
Nice Site u Got cheesy
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2009
Thanks, Please register, tell your friends and be sure to use the site, the platform can only get larger!
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2009
Yeah right, the layout is nice. My reviews . . . guess yawa has already said it all and nitation too . . .
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by nitation(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2009
@chuklist

Why don't you secure the webpage first before requesting for sign ups?? Every variable used on that website is vulnerable to an attack. Am not trying to brag here but it's important. What does it profit an application with 3 million active users but vulnerable to database disclosure angry

Maybe someone can help me with the right english.

- nitation
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
I think i want to start selling emails sef, harvesting emails from all of these them free-for-all sites will be a great source of business. . .starting off with 3 million emails will not be a bad idea . . . lemme start getting the sql injections ready . . .
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 4:43am On Mar 11, 2009
@ nitation,

Your comments are being taken seriously, and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure security of our user information, between the tech group and the host. I am I marketer, I report my field findings, and I let the techs do their job. I most definately will do mine and continue to get people to take a look at the platform,

Besides comments regarding security, we get recommendations for additions to improve functionality, area coverage, etc. The website will be dynamic based on user demand.

From my novice standpoint, data backup will be my suggested priority. I feel as though if top tier security companies like trend micro, and top IT companies like Google and Microsoft, and social websites like Facebook, could be soiled, then no one is really secure. The key would be taking necessary basic steps, be more enabling than defensive about security, and if there is a lag in the basics of chukslist variables, then the techs have their work cut out for them.

Work is beign done right now to verify and fix the lapses. So you can be sure that user data security is our priority. Your concern is appreciated and is being take seriously. So feel free to register and spread the work about chukslist. I don't know if you have a business, we also advertise for businesses.

We just helped a user get a great deal on a Honda Accord 2005.

Your english is seamless! I hope mine is.
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by nitation(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2009
@ chuklist

Kudos.

- nitation
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by SamMilla1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2009
flexible and good layout. havent spent much time on it though.
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2009
It's not ok to go about hacking sites and spamming people. Ethics are also important in business.
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for the feedback Sam and Seun.

Seun, are you getting spammed?
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by nitation(m): 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ Seun

I do not think you understood what the poster requested. From my view, no one has soiled the website in question for any personal gain. It's better to point him now to his errors, rather than allowing someone out there does it.

Point me if am wrong!

- nitation
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by ztyle(m): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2009
Perfect Site, No Critic - just splendid. wink
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 12, 2009
I am not planning to spam anyone, i am just trying to get the guy to work on his security, it is very important. . .
But as you know, if you know how to create security, then you will also know how to break, i am sure nitation agrees
with me very well on that one. . .
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by ztyle(m): 1:04am On Mar 12, 2009
meaning?
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by nitation(m): 8:17am On Mar 12, 2009
@ Dhtml

Very well. I am still waiting for Seun to explain himself.

- nitation
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
. . .

@poster: i hope you have started working on your security. . .what i notice is that many of our Nigerian developers (at least the ones i know, me inclusive)
do not usually bother about security, not even md5 sef, they just do the thing, collect their money and rush off to the next project. . .
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2009
Yes dhtml, we are working on it, I agree with you, most developers push security to the end of the SDLC, as a rule of thumb, it should be done as early as the feasibility study phase, and no later than the design phase,

Thank
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Don4life: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2009
@seun well u never replyed me why?
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2009
chukslist:

Yes dhtml, we are working on it, I agree with you, most developers push security to the end of the SDLC, as a rule of thumb, it should be done as early as the feasibility study phase, and no later than the design phase,

Thank
That is why you need to [lagos-slang]shine your eye[/lagos-slang] meaning you need to be observant when you give your work to web developers. . .
You need an expert's advice to be sure you are getting good value for your money. . .at least even if the developer is not a security expert
there are still some slight stuffs you can add to make it somewhat more secure. . .
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by chukslist(m): 6:12am On Mar 16, 2009
@ Ztyle, Sam milla, and other Nairalanders, do you own a business?? We are setting up free ads, Soulmate Industries, a major Nigerian cosmetics company just signed up for ads on Chukslist, others to come,

Since chukslist has roots in Europe and the US, one of our areas of growth as suggested by users will be business relationships between Africa and the rest of the world,

Eventually, businesses abroad will post items on Chukslist, and interested buyers in Africa can get cars, etc for what they are really worth and not the over-rated prices after shipping,

Chukslist will be the middleman and ensure transparency, please comment if you have questions about this,
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 17, 2009
Iight man. . .we are on our way. . .with our blockbuster ads. . .
Re: Chukslist.com - Please Review by Loadedcity: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
chukslist:
I am glad you like the site, please sign up, the user base is growing daily, and i'm sure the site could be of use to you if u are into any king of sales or own a business and need to advertise, Please tell your friends, we appreciate you.
Thanks for taking the time!

it cool tho, but pay for sponsored post, let help you grow your biz

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Short Custom Url For Your Google+ Profile / Submit Your Website Address Here And Get Free Bookmarks, Likes And Traffic. / Added Livescore And Soccer Prediction To My Blog What Do You Think?(pc View)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.