Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? (24700 Views)

Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar / Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar / 1 Bitcoin Now Exchanges For $385, You Can Now Earn Bit Coins For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Bolade005: 7:21am On Jul 14, 2015
Baba, please before appointing the new ministers, sack and replace Godwin Emefiele.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2015
Rose2014:

According to Mynd44, the problem is inflation and the govt cannot do anything about inflation

why do u guys find it difficult to read sef? Mynd44 was talking about about Zimbabwe and you're already bashing him?? SMH...

2 Likes

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Viktor1983(m): 7:24am On Jul 14, 2015
omogin:
He will discuss this extensively with Obama, no shakings. By the time he's back $1=#1.
If not that GEJ pampered corruption, Nigeria deserves better than these 'try your luck' APC has brought on the nation.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by valencia25(m): 7:25am On Jul 14, 2015
Like a boss.... People with Dom Acc will be smiling cool

[size=14pt]
My signature is very much available, very fresh, I've been using it since last year. Only decided to share now now
[/size]

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 7:25am On Jul 14, 2015
worksmart:
OP asks where is Buhari.

The president was secretly over overthrown 30th May 2015 on orders of America so that their stooge Osinbajo could be installed at a time of their choosing.

Stop expecting change and start expecting a bloodbath.
Haven't you noticed nobody takes you serious again?

2 Likes

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by crisycent: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2015
Baba God this is the right time. Observation required.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by 9jatatafo(m): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2015
omogin:
He will discuss this extensively with Obama, no shakings. By the time he's back $1=#1.
If not that GEJ pampered corruption, Nigeria deserves better than these 'try your luck' APC has brought on the nation.

Is it Obama that will fix our economy for us? Nigeria produces nothing except crude oil and the price is not good in the world market.

The CBN governor seems clueless to me.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by worksmart(m): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2015
It is about the message. I will not stop trying to tell people the truth.
There is a very good reason for my signature.
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Haven't you noticed nobody takes you serious again?
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by azpekuliar: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2015
texazzpete:
See TANoids coming here to complain... As if it's not the policies of the lame duck CBN Governor GEJ appointed that is causing this issue

Phooool! You will keep screaming GEJ till 2023! Forgetting that Buhari now has the mandate to provide this country with firm leadership.

4 Likes

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Herrmes: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2015
YES!!! My dollar account!
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2015
Xetima:
Buhari and APC are applying "Try Your Luck" economy. No Finance Minister, economic team, everything is left to CBN. By the time he wakes up from this slumber, $1 would have reached N500.

I hope Nigerians wont be using wheel-barrow to transport cash as it is done in Zimbabwe before 2019.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Ayietim(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2015
We are all created to activate the courage mood when we are afraid but why do we often activate the fear mood?
http://ayietim.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by M4gunners: 7:52am On Jul 14, 2015
Only Got know how we end in this Man hand. I'm still waiting to see my little brother given a meal that was promised.

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by ElFenomeno1: 7:56am On Jul 14, 2015
Xetima:
Buhari and APC are applying "Try Your Luck" economy. No Finance Minister, economic team, everything is left to CBN. By the time he wakes up from this slumber, $1 would have reached N500.

I hope Nigerians wont be using wheel-barrow to transport cash as it is done in Zimbabwe before 2019.

You are very daft.... Extremely daft
Your IQ has been traded for a wrap of moi-moi
Ask the educated folks in your family to read the report and break it down for you properly..... If whatever is left in your cranium can relate!
I pity the fools that liked your post as well...I feel terribly sorry for them
Fu...cking illiterates!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Stycon(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2015
As much as am a crusader for minimal govt intrusion in the interplay of the market forces, leaving naira into such arena will be dangerous to our economy as we all know that we have little or nothing to export( thus more naira will still chase few dollar and that will definitely lead to a free fall on our dear currency)

Also, the activities of the self-centred speculators in the forex as well as the illegal activities in the parallel market is really a bane to the expected positive effect CBN envisioned before their last policy move.

Calling for further devaluation is for whose interest?! Foreign investors( that all they care about is to do one night stand and part away with the spoilt) or the import dependent nation whose population heavily depend on consumption of imported goods and of which devaluation of her currency has inflationary tendency and mind you, increase in wages is not something in view at this perilous time. Can you imagine what this will do to our PPP and standard of living?

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Rexyl(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2015
In a time like this people should forget about empty promises of politicians and begin to use their heads and hands to do and achieve what will make their lives meaningful. As the naira continue to crash, we shouldn't just fold hands and expect the overrated CHANGE till eternity. Time to challenge the challenging economy.

3 Likes

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by lebete3000: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2015
free2ryhme:

No more defending of Naira,let it compete and found it original value in the market.Its time to face reality of our economy .Its time to demolish the lazy mentality of crude oil,its time to start manufacturing our own things,now is the time for made in Nigeria.Its time to face reality.

Chae! Made in Nigeria Just when I'm about to order my benz come....

E be like sey I go enter cotonou for the ride oh!
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by cococandy(f): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2015
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by cococandy(f): 8:05am On Jul 14, 2015
Conspiracy theorist
worksmart:
[b]OP asks where is Buhari.

[size=14pt]The president was secretly overthrown 30th May 2015 on orders of America so that their stooge Osinbajo could be installed at a time of their choosing.

This why he doesn't appear at live public events that could be verified by ordinary Nigerians , e.g. his non appearance to inaugurate his own NAss.

His non appearance in any press conference.

His non appearance at Armed Forces day ceremony.

The absence of a single video clip showing the president being asked a single question.

The apparent disappearance of his transition committee and his staunchest loyalists including his wife. Whilst people like Osinbajo, Atiku, El Rufai , Oshiomole, Shettima, Saraki and Dogara become more prominent and influential .

All images you see of the president Buhari since his inauguration were photographed between 30th March 2015 and 31st May 2015, that includes his trips to G7 and AU summits (he attended preliminary gatherings of those summits in May 2015, there are youtube videos that prove the president was absent from live sessions of AU summit in June 2015, when other leaders were meeting)

[/size]
Stop expecting change and start expecting a bloodbath.[/b]

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:
Conspiracy theorist
Buhari is chilling in Los Angeles
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by cococandy(f): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2015
CFCfan:

Buhari is chilling in Los Angeles
who's running the country then? grin
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by biafranqueen: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2015
urshawmoore:
As at 7am this morning(july 14,2015), N1 was $ is N198. Check www.xe.com
Try going with this your xe quote to First Bank Surlere and see how u will be sittin in the lobby waitin for the exchange until cleaning crew throw you out! Nothing like that on the ground Brose
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Oh God save our Naira!!!
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2015
cococandy:
who's running the country then? grin
The "mere commissioner" (Osinbajo) and the "bank manager" (Saraki) are in control cheesy
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 14, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You are very daft.... Extremely daft
Your IQ has been traded for a wrap of moi-moi
Ask the educated folks in your family to read the report and break it down for you properly..... If whatever is left in your cranium can relate!
I pity the fools that liked your post as well...I feel terribly sorry for them
Fu...cking illiterates!!!!

I fink ur s illiterate here.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by dallyemmy: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2015
I BLAME THE METHOD USED BY CBN. GIVE THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO IMPORT THESE GOODS MONEY BUT INCREASE THE TAX ON SUCH COMMODITIES AT THE POINT OF ENTRY INTO THE COUNTRY. THE CONSUMERS WILL THEN SEEK FOR ALTERNATIVES FOR SUCH COMMODITIES ONCE THE PRICES INCREASE. THE TAX SHOULD SERVE AS DETERRENT INSTEAD!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Vado(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2015
biafranqueen:
Try going with this your xe quote to First Bank Surlere and see how u will be sittin in the lobby waitin for the exchange until cleaning crew throw you out! Nothing like that on the ground Brose

Online transactions still goes at the rate of 198. The situation is not absolutely a disaster just yet, but we are not far from being in deeper sh*t nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by JayJustus(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2015
let the naira float...BTW that's black market price...I still exchange for 200 naira...so Bleep it
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Curvinus(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2015
Another dooms day scenario sees Naira falling faster than the speed of light despite our economy being largely depedent on imports. Not that it would have mattered though if we made our own things.

I think now is the best time more than ever to insulate this economy from the vagaries and chicaneries of the dollar which is hurting us real bad.

We have what it takes - raw materials that we can turn into finished goods. We have the market - nearly 200 million people. We've got arable lands. So why then do we continue to dither?

Why do our brothers scramble to undo themselves in importing all manners of floatsams and jetsams into this economy despite its huge adverse effects? Please it is time to have a rethink.

Forget economies of scale. Importation is toxic not only to the naira but to us as Nigerians and we are literally dieing and suffocating under its chokehold

The government needs to wake up from its slumber and clamp down on these hapless importers in a frankly ageist manner.

Then give us power supply and watch us go down and dirty. This is not even too much to ask for.

Stop dithering Mr Muhammadu Buhari and get down to work to give this economy a direction.

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by feldido(m): 8:33am On Jul 14, 2015
My solution to this crisis is for the CBN to devalue our currency which will discourage Nigerians from importation and ask these investors to come and invest on those things we import to be done here, like in d case of the Automobile industry today. By so doing our economy will rise again and d Naira will appreciate.

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by biafranqueen: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2015
Vado:

Online transactions still goes at the rate of 198. The situation is not absolutely a disaster just yet, but we are not far from being in deeper sh*t nonetheless.
My Dear people on the ground in business are already wading knee deep in his bull sh@t
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Starships4u(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2015
All these stories Na lies joor....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? / Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.