Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

A God Of Sorrow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A God Of Sorrow (745 Views)

Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Prosperity Without Sorrow / The Shoes Of Sorrow Shall Not Gather At Thy Doorstep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A God Of Sorrow by Daintelectual(m): 5:46am On Jul 14, 2015
Boom! it sounded like thunder, but the sky was clear and there was no trace of rain, not even a cloud. People ran in confusion as the thick clouds gathered, not of rain but of smoke and dust, people screaming in different tempos and octaves, it was a show of wickedness, sadness and sorrow, a show of terror¸ it was a bomb blast.
Mother looking for child, child looking for father, some already in the hot hands of death, roasted like barbecue never to be seen whole again. It is so because a few have chosen to make life unlivable, unbearable and a living hell for the simple reason of instilling there satanic ideology by hook or crook, they want us to think like them, live like them and believe what they believe. They want us to go back to the Dark Age because darkness is all their hearts can carry.
They are products of extremism, brain washed, heart washed and washed of every human sympathy, because their very own life does not matter to them. They believe it is a service to god, who waits to reward them with a harem fool of virgins when they go yonder. No wonder their zeal cannot be questioned. But if a god like this exists, who takes delight in the death of harmless innocent souls, children made orphans, wives made widows, and men left without a family, then he is but a god of sorrow.
At this point considering the amount of followers this people have, the lives they are taking, the doctrine the so strongly believe, the questions begging for answers will be “were did it really go wrong?” why is there violence all over the world, because of a religious stand? Are these products of false teaching? Or rather still negligence? Why will some group of people want to force their ideology on me? Why will you choose to kill me because I refuse to accept them? I will try my best to answer these questions from my personal point of views and experience.
All my life, I have stayed in the north, I was born and brought up in Jos plateau state, did my high school in Maiduguri Borno state and got a diploma in yola Adamawa state and presently reside in Gombe state. Except in Jos, I have lived in predominate Muslim communities and I can confidently tell you that Terrorism is but a fragment of the bigger problem. All my life in the north I have noticed that when there is a religious crisis, a particular set of group are always responsible for the attacks. They are the Almajiri’s. The elites among them will never be found.
Firstly, I am a Christian and my bible tells me that “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.” All over the north there are children who are set aside to be trained as Quranic disciples. They are left with little or no care thoroughly beaten during the cause of study and left without any trace of western education. They grow in the most bizarre condition and they are in their millions. The clerics teaching these pupils are also in their thousands. It is important to note that from my observation, these clerics defer in character and ideology, some of them hate western education, some have not hidden their hatred for Christianity and these children being disciples will definitely follow in the footstep of their teacher. There is no uniform system in place that checks the orientations and the kind of quranic doctrines these children receive, so these children are left at the mercy of their teacher. It will be difficult to change or persuade a person who has spent his entire life time learning that western education is a sin or every non Muslim is an enemy of Allah to change these ideologies over night.
It’s high time for Islamic clerics and faithful to go beyond condemning extremism and insurgency on televisions and on pages of papers, it’s time for them teach there faithful to respect the religion and ideology of others.
Since Nigeria is combination of different religions, tribes and culture, the best we can do for ourselves if we must remain as a nation is respect the wish of people and decisions. I look forward to a Nigeria were love, respect and honesty will be our foundation. I love every Muslim, pagan and traditional worshiper at least that’s what my religion enjoins of me to do. Remember “were your right end’s that were another man’s right begins.” If you must persuade people to join your religion or buy your view, if you must tell people about your God, do it in a manner that will not portray your God or religion as a bringer of death and sorrow.
Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: A God Of Sorrow by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: A God Of Sorrow by Daintelectual(m): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2016
Re: A God Of Sorrow by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2016
hmmmmm......... A very deep piece.
Re: A God Of Sorrow by Daintelectual(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
hmmmmm......... A very deep piece.
Thanks man!

(1) (Reply)

Narrow Is The Way To Eternal Life - An Explanation Of What Jesus Really Meant / Stop Condemning Homosexuals, They Don’t Deserve It – Catholic Bishops / Does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.