Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? (1402 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment / Breaking News: House Of Rep Passes the PIB (Petroleum Industry Bill) / Why Engr. Obinna Onwubuariri Is The Best Choice For Okigwenorth Fed House Of Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by Greatpeter(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2005
Please, let's discuss the impeachment process initiated agaist the President Obasanjo by the House of Representatives.

Is it timely and good for our nascent democracy? Will the impeachment won't spell doom for our democratic structure? Will this move see the light of the day going by the antecedent of the past republic, Ghali Na'abba did same and did not succeed.

Please post your comments. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by razor(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2005
The House of Rep is not serious. Agreed that the President has violated some sections of the Constitution, where was the House of Rep all these while.

My opinion is that they want to use this as a ploy of getting back at Obasanjo for exposing them and as well make it look as if they are working. Besides, by the time a few "Ghana Must Go" changes hand, we'll hear another story.

Anyway, they can't fool Nigerians as we know better.
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by rosanwo(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2005
I just think we should not add sentiments to this issue,if baba iyabo deserves to be impeached let it be so,as long as it is a proper process.
We seem to forget that the president himself should not be above the law,why do we have the 3 arms of government if not for checks and balances,it is this kind of apathy that still gives the president guts to do and undo. Afterall the supreme court has ruled that the presidency has no right to hold back the monthly revenue allocation of Lagos state local governments,do we actually realize the impact of these on the masses,just because Lagos state is ok financially to a level where it to be osun state what will be the case?
My fellow Nigerians let the law take its full course,we shall move on with or without the like of obasanjo and his recycled leadership.
Rosanwo
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by Seun(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2005
What is there to gain by impeaching him? How does this move the country forward? Are we supposed to take them serious this time?

Ok, so let's say the impeachment is successful. Where then do we go from there?
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by diakim(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2005
I agree with you @razor.

The House of representatives are not serious. They are just doing this impeachment process out of vendetta against the President for exposing their corruption and inefficiencies. Where have they been all these times?

It cannot succeed. Baba Iyabo knows how to appease or scatter them when he deems fit.
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by Greatpeter(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2005
Yes! Majority who responded to this issue are positive in their approach. Where were these people when the heat of Lagos local Govt council was hot? Why is it that the house of Rep itself are yet to ratify the Memoranda sent to them by Lagos state about the Local Govts in question.
They want a revenge of the President's media outcry of dirty and shady deals.
I know baba will finger out the rig leader and kill him politically as he did to Ghali Umar Na'aba. Just watch out.
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by inquisitiv: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2008
yes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should the house of Rep continue the impeachment against the president ? by Ezenwenyi(m): 5:26am On Jan 23, 2010
Who is decieving who? These our so called representatives think that Nigerians are fools.They know what they are up to, believe me these political demons have a game-plan.They don't even know the constitution.Suddenly they have realised that President Yar'Adua have violated some key sessions of the 1999 constitution.They are all failures, they are a disappointment to this generation,and while we may forgive them,my fear is that the next generation might never forgive them.Our senators are the worst, i call them political beasts.In summary Yar'Adua's government have failed, but He wanted to transform this lovely nation but some evil politicians won't let him do so.[color=][/color][color=][/color]

(1) (Reply)

'Licensed To Kill' Inc Expands Into Nigeria / Lebanese Assaults Fct Frsc Boss : Produces Police Id As Driver's License, Car Particulars / AC Lagos Convention. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.