Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,308 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike (19485 Views)

Photos: Couple Welcome Quadruplets After Seven Years Of Childless Marriage / Sex Workers Hold Candlelight Procession For Slain Colleagues In Abeokuta / Osun Workers Reject Half Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Are they competing with ASUU or what. Them wan knw who strike pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by cjsamba: 5:26am On Jul 15, 2015
OSUN WORKERS RESUME WORK AFTER SEVEN WEEKS STRIKE
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Woleleye(m): 5:28am On Jul 15, 2015
The caption is not appropriate. OSUN WORKERS BEGIN FRESH STRIKE AFTER A DAY RESUMPTION
Due to the inability of the state government to fulfil its parts of agreement signed with the labour leaders, the leadership of the state NLC has called the workers out for another fresh strike. Government promised to pay two months salaries but the workers were surprised when they started to receive alerts of only 50% of January salary. Hence, they have no option than to go back on the suspended strike.

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 15, 2015
The truth of the matter is that osun state needs to go on a sacking spree.

It is glaring clear that the state cannot meet its financial needs again and to think the state has the largest civil service force after Lagos is baffling.

The Era of tiwatiwani govt is over as it glaring shows this people are only after there pocket which they don't really work for.

Money will be saved and enough will be available for infrastructural development.

An Era whereby 7bn is generated monthly and 5bn is used to pay salary is a joke.

And to think the government was even planning to create more government

#heremeout
I am just trying to make sense
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by niceguy7(m): 5:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Eeeeheeeh aregbe in trouble!
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by verde: 5:39am On Jul 15, 2015
US AT THE ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL ABA, received our last salary in September last year (10 months arrears). Yet this corrupt administrator probably has collected money and never allowed us to let the world know through this medium. Why are they so interested in Osun workers that are being owed just 6 months arrears. Please, every one should search ''ABSUTH'' on nairaland and get the full gist of how we are suffering in ABSUTH.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Osun workers resume work not strike wink, it's a silly mistake, sorry guys
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 15, 2015
hassan85:
in the world of decite, when a gov or govt fails u want him to admit it and wen he does u ask for his impeachment. Then y will leaders evr agree dt d ve failed? So in nigeria now no need to emback on projects just pay salaries dts all? in kogi state, d gov pays only 60% monthly wat happens to d 40% nobody asks yet no good roads even in d capital. osun is different but pdp are helpin peopl not to see.

well let d propaganda continue.
God bless nigeria

Is it a propaganda that Osun state has not been paying workers salary as at when due?
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Hmmmm, can't pay salary and yet still have the money to pay for holy land pilgrimage, HABA
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 15, 2015
Fresh crisis is brewing between labour unions and the Osun State Government following the rejection of the 50 per cent of salaries paid by the government into workers’ accounts.

The workers had on Monday announced the suspension of the strike they embarked upon since May 26 after signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the state government.

But the Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress in the state, Mr. Jacob Adekomi, while addressing journalists on Tuesday said, “We are rejecting the payment of half salaries because that was not what we agreed on. All affiliate unions of the labour will meet later today ( Tuesday) to deliberate on the issue. But those that have not been paid at all can remain at home.”

Also, some local government workers told our correspondent around 2pm on Tuesday that they had yet to receive alert from their banks.

But the All Progressives Congress in the state has appealed to workers to show understanding with the government, saying the balance of their salaries would be paid very soon.

The Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the APC in Osun State, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, who addressed journalists, said the payment of 50 per cent of the salaries was inadvertently done.

“The 50 per cent was already programmed. That was done before the Memorandum of Understanding was signed with workers.

“Unfortunately, it is a communication gap. There was no intention to pay the half salary and the payment will not stop at the payment of 50 per cent. Government will pay all.

“We are appealing to the workers to show understanding with the government. Their salaries will be paid in full. It will be implemented soonest.”

The APC’s spokesperson had in a statement earlier rallied the workers’ support for the administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola, saying the workers should continue to support the governor in his efforts to transform the state.

He explained that the non-payment of the salaries was caused by corruption in the oil sector during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The statement partly read, “It was, therefore, totally misplaced anger that was directed at Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola for the crisis. Those who sponsored and propagated the misplaced anger did so out of envy that Aregbesola was raising Osun above their ignoble pedestal of impoverished ideas.”

“Now that it is an open secret that the PDP government led by Goodluck Jonathan was the thief that stole the nation broke; we call for greater understanding from both the labour union and the workers to help the state address the aftermath of this PDP crime against our country.”
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by mankan2k7(m): 5:56am On Jul 15, 2015
I will comment when aregbe get sense to govern
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Chigold101(m): 6:02am On Jul 15, 2015
BankManager:
If States Were Women,Osun state would be that woman that spent all her saving on friend's aso-ebi but forgot to feed her kids at home.!
this is what I call MILLENNIUM joke...

Aregberascal is heating them on

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ken2spaceman(m): 6:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Aygem:
Resumed strike after seven months strike?
Am I the only one seeing this?
Hahaha tongue na hunger don. Show am pepper so e no kno book again----------
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by McLove(m): 6:31am On Jul 15, 2015
HIT LIKE IF YOU THINK THIS HEADLINE IS CONFUSING

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by edmarknetwork: 6:40am On Jul 15, 2015
WORKING FOR MONTHS WITHOUT PAY.HMMM
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by femi4: 6:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by oshyno(m): 6:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Please I want to know one capital intensive project that this young has done since he became gov'nor maybe I will pardon his indiscretion. Also the whole 6 to 9 months he could not pay the salary , was FG witholding d monthly alocation to d state ?

I asked bcuz common sense dictates that he could atlease merge 2month FG alocation or even 3months to pay atlease one month. This man is a big fraud and a sadist. I bet his security vote is not touched. The state asembly alocation definitely is comming at when due else they wud av impeached him.It is only the common masses that earn a meager 18k that he won't have the money to pay. People no dey fear God again.

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2015
The title of the news report is not in tandem with its content. No source. And this news is stale.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by engrjacuzzi: 6:49am On Jul 15, 2015
osun workers can borrow a leaf from Kenyans by going unclad in their strike. will aregbesola claim that himself hasn't been paid for months?
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by hassan85(m): 6:55am On Jul 15, 2015
aftatech:

Is it a propaganda that Osun state has not been paying workers salary as at when due?
if not propaganda wat is it? how about Imo state........ and so on. yes its propaganda. well Pmb has cleared u peopls dobt. so find another propaganda
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by oyeludef(m): 6:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Op you no sabi English ni? It is resume work not resume strike undecided
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by SassyVixen(f): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Praytell what is udom working? His fingers and pockets I guess . He may end up being better at leaving behind a greater legacy of corruption than his puppeteer the predecessor did! I am not moved by acts fueled to increase propaganda mbok.
rozayx5:
udom is working wike is working APC states are fighting and striking and bombing

keep it up
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Viktor1983(m): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2015
BankManager:
If States Were Women,Osun state would be that woman that spent all her saving on friend's aso-ebi but forgot to feed her kids at home.!
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by IkennaNweke(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Aregbesola! Aregbesola!! Aregbesola!!!

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by IkennaNweke(m): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2015
[img][/img]
ShakurM:
Aregbe what are you doing? undecided

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by omogin(f): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2015
I have said they should merge osun with a working state like ekiti for instance. Fayose should be able to fix the APC rot there, lol...

2 Likes

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by eliwa47(m): 8:12am On Jul 15, 2015
Aygem:
Resumed strike after seven months strike? Am I the only one seeing this?
No my bro, it was seven weeks, while the state is owing seven months salary.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by simplynola(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2015
It's time for the state to reduce workforce that are redundant and employ within its budget
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by dangerous01(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
phantonce:
The truth of the matter is that osun state needs to go on a sacking spree.

It is glaring clear that the state cannot meet its financial needs again and to think the state has the largest civil service force after Lagos is baffling.

The Era of tiwatiwani govt is over as it glaring shows this people are only after there pocket which they don't really work for.

Money will be saved and enough will be available for infrastructural development.

An Era whereby 7bn is generated monthly and 5bn is used to pay salary not to talk of its current fall to less than 3bn is a joke.

When the intervention fund dries up, I wonder what will happen?

And to think the government was even planning to create more government

#heremeout
I am just trying to make sense
. Wait what did you even know about the society you are talking about sacking spree as if the workers are animal .are you a human being how do you expect sacked workers to feed and maintain their fammily a lot of them have childrens in higher institution with their meager salaries they cnt even maintain their fammilies probaly u wan to say that d government wiil pay them off is the government that has nt pay retiree 4 eleven months that wiil now pay freshly sacked workers gratituty or u want 2 tell them 2 go and farm tell me which farm produce can mature in one month.#aregbese be wise
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Tekzyflex(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2015
nonsense title......resume work or strike? @op I hope u weren't high on Edo weed before typing this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Mathematical Approach To Making It In Life / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages / Pictures Of Flood In Egan-Igando, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.