Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

My Greatest Fear - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Greatest Fear (971 Views)

Fear (Mystery) / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders / 10 Greatest Literary Writers In Nigeria History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Greatest Fear by phloxie(f): 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
So many people have different ways  to explain the word "fear", i couldn't even define it well, i knew it was a bad feeling so i had to visit google and i got a definition that said "it is an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain or threat". 

Everyone has fears, some are personal, some are explanable, you can never really understand someone else's fears, you can't  even relate to them. Fears comes in different forms and it haunts you. 

My greatest fear is FAILURE, i know no one likes to fail but it's just too hard not be scared that i might disappoint my parents and fail them or fail in something that i like to do, what approach have i used to deal with this fear? I always tried to reassure myself that it's just a feeling and nothing more, i have always prayed about it and ask for peace instead, but i don't think they are enough, the fact is there is so much i can do. 

I don't know what my future will be but i have the power to shape it with the help of God and if at the end i fail then that is my fault but for the main time i can only help myself confront this fear by always saying to myself "Relax, Everything is alright", accepting this fear fearfully, pushing forward, refusing to speculate too much on the future and growing with it.  

www.phloxiesblog..com

(1) (Reply)

You Belong To Indomie Generation If U Didnt Read This As Yoruba Student / True!!!! / The Policies And Politics Of Excess Crude Oil Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.