Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them (52460 Views)

10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Eliass: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

haha downloaded it bruv..The song is The bomb.but y he never blow naa
lol which kind blow d dream want again? until he splits into pieces?
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by yungblurd(m): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2015
2dice:
Most song are not written by the Artiste that sang them
Yea shoutout to my best vocalist and Songwriter
"The Dream"
He wrote Umbrella by Rihanna
Same nigga wrote Single ladies by Beyonce
Even Justin bieber's - Baby
And lot more WEy I no remember
Its only in Africa we don't appreciate most songwriters
Lastly Harrysong na Talent...na hin Be kcee Back-Bone

The Dream's last two works were saturated with excessiive auto tune.
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by tartar9(m): 1:34am On Jul 15, 2015
loksman:
It's a normal thing,even the great Micheal Jackson didn't write most of his songs.
he wrote most of his hit songs himself
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Mehn. So cobhams wrote that
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by luthorcorp: 3:40am On Jul 15, 2015
fact is,its even a previllege to have ur song put on the spotlight by a known artiste,,,,,, yours might no make it to daylight....
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Tmany(m): 4:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
A big thank you to everyone

kindly Check out this interesting thread

Top Ten Nigerian artistes you never knew were producers .

www.nairaland.com/2451862/shocking-ten-artistes-might-not

Also watch out for my next music thread

Top Ten most popular diss songs in the Nigerian music industry..

Cool track ......
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by mkoabiola: 4:13am On Jul 15, 2015
So harrysong is talented!I nver knew
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Maghan37: 5:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Mekybliss:
Some can sing but cannot wtite grin some can write but cannot sing.
You can write and U can sing Glory be 2 D OH lord.Amy bless dis song oh lord for christ sake. Amen grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by djjosh(m): 5:29am On Jul 15, 2015
Alexas58:
Op u are jobless!!...oyaa cause trouble !!..hoppe dis doesn't mek ftc
what is ftc dat u tink u knw if i may ask??
if u dnt av anytin 2say, shut d f@ck up!!!
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by trappatoni(m): 5:51am On Jul 15, 2015
macof:
Harrysong is nonsense please 1.5m for scraps like limpopo, is limpopo a song?
I'll like to know if he wrote anything better
no be song na hymn.
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Goldmaxx(f): 5:53am On Jul 15, 2015
2dice:
sure he sings...and also a Producer
He is the only artiste i can say his voice can be compared to wande-coal's own...
Mehn his voice too sweet
Google
Pusha T ft the dream titled Exodus 23:1
When you done listening... Holla me Bro
and pusha T ft the dream-40 acres
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Mrshroud:
Iamsynord I'm impressed by your song, however I'm disappointed that it didn't make FP, is is that no thread was created for. Its promotion. Guys pls Check out my song too on this thread and critic www.nairaland.com/2442134/im-safe-african-themed-love

I created d thread for d song.Na the mods no gree move am to front page
will download d song Asap
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Tmany:

Cool track ......
Thanks so much
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 15, 2015
Mrshroud:
Iamsynord I'm impressed by your song, however I'm disappointed that it didn't make FP, is is that no thread was created for. Its promotion. Guys pls Check out my song too on this thread and critic www.nairaland.com/2442134/im-safe-african-themed-love

Bro are u boddy d or bobby blossom !!
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Chigold101(m): 6:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
many Hit songs abound that were not written by the artist who sang them.Many songs by artist are written for them by other artists or songwriters Here is The top 5 songs where the writer are known to have written hit songs for other artist.

1) Gobe- Davido's Gobe was Written and composed by Password as later claimed by Davido himself,.The two in conjunction with Shizzi did The Song together.Davido was said to have paid 500k for the song.

2) Limpopo- Harrysong Who now charges 1.5m for Writing Songs wrote the Smash hit Limpopo for Kcee.The Song became a Smash hit.He wrote two other songs off d Take over album which will be revealed in the next article.

3) Dont Touch my Body - Remimisce stated that he wrote Goldie Smash hit " Dont touch my body" but was not credited ..The rapper claimed he has written many other songs for people but will not reveal.

4) Fire on The Mountain- Cobhams wrote the song Fire on the Mountain off Asa Highly acclaimed album titled Asa.He also co wrote Mr Jailer and produced every single track on the album.

5) Mercy- Praiz first Quite commercial Single ,Mercy was Written By Password.He was even credited as Songwriter in the Press Release.

UNCONFIRMED

Mocheddah Tori Olorun- Everything about d Song Speaks Olamide esp since most of the song was Rap lines,street inclined and produced by YBNL pheelz.Next song,she did was Bad where she featured olamide

Aye - Apart from the signature " Emergency" Coupled with the unusual support Davido gave run town and his gallardo single and d fact that it was produced by Run town producer, Tspize, The english lyrics and wordings resemble sumfin Runtown will do.

Iyanya Oreo- Harrysong..

Goons mi - unconfirmed sources claim d song belonged to lil kesh.Check the flow and lyrics of d song

Mukulu - Hook was Written by WizKid and was supposed to be Laid by him but Skales later took d Chorus.

written and Compiled by Iamsynord
well in many countries... performing artiste do not write songs... it is mostly in Nigeria that an artiste will struggle to write and also to perform his song...
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Obere4u: 6:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Mekybliss:

But you can sing and you can write

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by adusco(m): 6:46am On Jul 15, 2015
The girl i used to know by Darey Art Alade composed by cobhams.
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by paechocs(m): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2015
if to say I know those guys they for pay me for my three songs on my desk...like Born again cLeanerminal$...n other s
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by davidas101(m): 7:53am On Jul 15, 2015
2dice:
sure he sings...and also a Producer
He is the only artiste i can say his voice can be compared to wande-coal's own...
Mehn his voice too sweet
Google
Pusha T ft the dream titled Exodus 23:1
When you done listening... Holla me Bro
The Dream is really good, better voice than Wande Coal n me Davidas... Honestly...
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by hitleraldof(m): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Mekybliss:
you can't sing and you can't write glory be to God Amen

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by TUBLEZ(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Africa is still behind in music, I only wants to be a song writer, writing for musicians but now I hv successfully written over 100 songs. No artiste to do business with does it mean I will end up been a musician? I sing well tho but was only trying to be behind d scene..
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by 2dice(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2015
davidas101:
The Dream is really good, better voice than Wande Coal n me Davidas... Honestly...
well The dream and Wande are my best Vocalist...lol
I would love to hear your voice ....U got any demo?
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by 2dice(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2015
TUBLEZ:
Africa is still behind in music, I only wants to be a song writer, writing for musicians but now I hv successfully written over 100 songs. No artiste to do business with does it mean I will end up been a musician? I sing well tho but was only trying to be behind d scene..
maybe you should relocate...Nigeria NA Bad Market
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by 2dice(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Goldmaxx:
and pusha T ft the dream-40 acres
haven't listen to that tho...are u a Pusha T fan?
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by 2dice(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2015
yungblurd:

The Dream's last two works were saturated with excessiive auto tune.
uhnn ... Maybe or maybe not... His voice is Unique
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Gabaleve(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2015
macof:
Harrysong is nonsense please 1.5m for scraps like limpopo, is limpopo a song?
I'll like to know if he wrote anything better
bros which hit song u drop?
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Felitsa187(f): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2015
bolajioginni:
very soon now you will hear its rihanna that wrote Sade for adekunle gold
Lwkmd! Really?! grin
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Goldmaxx(f): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2015
2dice:
haven't listen to that tho...are u a Pusha T fan?
yes,including BOB,Lilwayne,eminem e tal.The song is a cool rap.I bet you will enjoy it
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by odeku457(m): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2015
Mekybliss:
Some can sing but cannot write grin some can write but cannot sing.

So can you sing and can you write.

If so Glory be to Jah Jehovah.

Sope tie. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Mrshroud: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

Bro are u boddy d or bobby blossom !!
we're both a team, but the brand we're selling is bobby D, I'm representing Bobby D to d fullest, I'm Bobby Blossom.
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2015
midolian:
This is an issue only in Nigeria. MOST of the world hit songs were not written by the artistes who sang them.
yeah like ure not alone was nt written by micheal jackson but was written by R kelly
Re: Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:48am On Jul 15, 2015
Mekybliss:
I can write and I can sing,glory be to you o Lord grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watch Arab Men Showing "Shoki" & "Shakiti Bobo" Dance Moves With Serious Swags / Top 5 Songs That Should Be On Your Playlist.. And Why! / Northern Muslims Tear Infinix Billboard With Davido's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.