Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,111 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution (609 Views)

Graphic Photo Murdered Christopher Hobobo, Ex PDP Chairman In Bayelsa / Jonathan And Ex-PDP Governors At Halima Babangida's Wedding / 7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by Redfruit(m): 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
A former national auditor of the Peoples Democratic Party, Barrister Ray Nnaji, has asked an Enugu Federal High Court to compel the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate the immediate past governor of Enugu State, Sullivan Chime.

The suit, which was brought pursuant to Order 34 and 56 (1) of the FHC (Civil Procedure) Rules 2009, the EFCC Act, and the Freedom of Information Act, followed the failure of the anti-graft agency to act on a petition in which Nnaji sought the investigation of several allegations of official corruption against Chime.

The allegations include misappropriation, embezzlement, stealing, forgery, and criminal conversion of public property which Chime was said to have committed while in office between 2007 and 2015.

Justice D. V. Agishi of the Enugu FHC had earlier on July 2, granted Nnaji leave to file the application before the court.

Apart from the EFCC, other parties joined as respondents in the suit, which have been slated for hearing on July 16, are the Code of Conduct Bureau, Chime, and his brothers Nnamdi Chime, Tochukwu Chime, and Jide Chime, the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, as well as Chime’s former chief of staff, Mrs. Ifeoma Nwobodo.

Other respondents are one Mrs. Mary Orji, former managing director of Enugu State Housing Development Corporation, and current state PDP chairman, Ikeje Asogwa, former commissioner of lands, and current member of the House of Representatives, Chukwuemeka Ujam, the accountant-general of Enugu State, the attorney-general of the federation and minister of justice, the national assembly, and the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Nnaji also wants the court to compel the EFCC to prosecute Chime, after the investigation.

He is equally asking the court to order the CCB to release to him, the certified true copies of the declaration of assets form filed by Chime before he assumed office as Enugu State governor.

In the alternative, he asked the court to order the National Assembly to, as a matter of urgency, release the terms and conditions upon which the CCB will afford the copies of the asset declaration forms to the EFCC, through him, to assist the anti-graft agency in its investigation.

Also, Nnaji is asking the court to order the RMAFC to release to the EFCC, comprehensive details of Chime’s personal emoluments, including allowances, as governor of Enugu State from June 2007 to May 2015.

Nnaji equally asked the court to order the AGF to give him a written authority to prosecute Chime, on behalf of the Office of the AGF, in the event that the EFCC is not ready to prosecute.

Addressing journalists on Tuesday, Nnaji disclosed that he was invited to the EFCC headquarters in Abuja, where he adopted his petition against Chime.

He expressed satisfaction that, at last, the anti-graft agency has started taking action on the petition.

“The EFCC invited me, I was at their office in Abuja on July 9. I spent two hours with them and adopted my petitions against Chime and Nwobodo.

“At the end of the day they said they will take further actions, but that I should forward any further information I have to them.

“The matter is in court, if the EFCC refuses to prosecute, I urged the court to direct the AGF to give me the fiat to prosecute.

“I will be very happy to see Chime prosecuted, if he is prosecuted those in public office now will do things differently, especially with public funds,” Nnaji said.

Nnaji wondered why the anti-graft agency should wait for petitions before taking action.

He said, “By now Chime should have been visiting them regularly.

“They (EFCC) have a zonal office in Enugu, I believe by now they should have gotten preliminary information http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-pdp-national-auditor-seeks-chimes-probe-prosecution/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter how the man cannibalised the state.”
Re: Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
cry
Re: Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by Redfruit(m): 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cc...lalasticlala,Ishilove,afam4eva,barcanista,hazyfm
Re: Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by Redfruit(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
Freemanan:
cry
Do you need a job.....
Cc:Introvert
Re: Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Will APC seek to probe their corrupt comrades?
Re: Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by hazyfm: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
barcanista:
Will APC seek to probe their corrupt comrades?

If it were APC, U will be quick to say hypocrisy
Re: Ex-pdp National Auditor Seeks Chime’s Probe, Prosecution by generaliy07(m): 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
https://samueliyanu./2015/07/12/ irawe-the-dancing-fungi/

(1) (Reply)

Again, Boko haram Kills 25 In Borno - PUNCH / Tinubu: I Have Not Made Demands Of Buhari / Dogara Accused Of Blowing N66m On Chartered Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.